Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,276 members, 7,811,811 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? (4086 Views)

Surulere Pics Of Some Of Our Celebrities / Lies Told By Our Celebrities / Are Our Celebrities Unintelligent Or What? (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by luridguy(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2006
correct me if am wrong but i would like the opinion of nairaland members. for example maybe new york imagine a famous rapper on the streets someone like jarule just taking a walk down a street what do u think would happen...........he would probably be crowded by fans girls screaming ppl gathering for authographs u know that kind of thing . but why does that kind of thing never happen in nigeria ask ur self for ppl who live in areas where someone like rugged man two face or any of nollywood star have you ever seen something like dat happen b4 or just ask ur self which celebrity in dis country would u go crazy for if u saw passing by or walking down ur street
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by layi(m): 4:08pm On Jan 03, 2006
Wherever Tuface goes in and around Nigeria. He's always mobbed. Its crazy love for the gee.

As for me...its stupid...why should i cry or go gaga just because i met a star singer? I know better than that. I aint playerhating but i aint a child too.

1. The fact that he's a star doesnt make him better than me. He might be very good in singin..i'm also good in surgery so whatz d fuss?

2. Most of these stars get to superstardom on the shoulders of people. They are mere products that are beign packaged for the admiration of fans. They aint special. Most Super stars buy songs.

3. I see nothing matured in crying for a star. True i might shed tears when i hear a soul stiring song but not when i see the singer. He's just as human as i am.

They are not super humans. U can be a star too. If u talk about appreciating them for what they do , fine but beign crazy at sightin celebrities? Thats childish.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by hotspice(f): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2006
Nigerians dont go crazy over celebrities but that doesnt mean
we are not fans oh. Girls do stop to ve a pix with tuface(brother is fine)
but say to start crying or dying over a celeb rolleyes(like my babbyboy seun kiss he is a celeb in NL).....it is not Nigerian period!

Secondly we like to 'form' for 9ja
and we dont like making the other person feel too good about him/herself[b](@layi) [/b] tongue
xcept if u ve been influnced by oyibos, it is unNigerian
to ask for autograph  shocked
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by layi(m): 4:58pm On Jan 03, 2006

Secondly we like to 'form' for Nigeria
and we don't like making the other person feel too good about him/herself(@layi)

..and whats the point in making them feel too good about themselves? Appreciate them no doubt but why go gaga crying?  Calling that forming is parochial. The fact that oyinbos do it don't mean its norm.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by hotspice(f): 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2006
layi you don't understand, these celeb are
role model to them so the fact that they are in their presence is just
too much rolleyes (like u i don't see the big deal)

layi tell me if you wont cry when beyonce kisses u
or A. Keys? grin just kidding
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by icingbaby(f): 3:37am On Jan 04, 2006
celebrities are like people i see every day, every person to me is a celebrities if they want to be, that why i don't go crazy when i seen one.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by hotangel2(f): 4:09am On Jan 04, 2006
Well.. crying over a celeb is one of the last things i'll do. OMG i just saw bow wow.. OMg *cries*. Like wtf am i?? Hell no... i aint fina cry cos i saw a goddarn celeb. that's just me!

But i'll be happy to see them tho, take a picture n appreciate them. Esp the ones im longing to see. But i won't turn to a mad person cos i saw them. Nahh!
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by Rolly: 6:55am On Jan 04, 2006
as for me o! i see a celebrity each time i look in the mirror cool

i wouldnt go crazy if isee 2face or usher or bow bow, they are human beings like me they only have more money wink tongue

1 Like

Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by 2nde(m): 7:23am On Jan 04, 2006
The problem there is just the way we are in Nigeria, we never seem to appreciate something even if we like that thing.
The reason why it is like that in the western world, it's because they appreciate whosoever gat talent, but in Nigeria as a whole, they will tell you that your "igberaga" too much.
There is nothing we can do about it, it's just our freaky nature
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jan 04, 2006
the way americans react to celebs is craziness , n its mostly us young girls
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by JungleQueen(f): 8:56am On Jan 04, 2006
well i don't see anything wrong with it. I can do the same thing, but i prefer i stay cool and not loose it.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by thelastdon(m): 9:31am On Jan 04, 2006
layi:

1. The fact that he's a star doesnt make him better than me. He might be very good in singin..i'm also good in surgery so whatz d fuss?

where were you when Stella Obasanjo died? rolleyes rolleyes
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by Shadiat(f): 10:29am On Jan 04, 2006
Rolly:

as for me o! i see a celebrity each time i look in the mirror cool
i wouldnt go crazy if isee 2face or usher or bow bow, they are human beings like me they only have more money wink tongue

I gbadun u for that comment--correct chic..oya gba si bee grin
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by thelastdon(m): 10:32am On Jan 04, 2006
Shadiat:

I gbadun u for that comment--correct chic..oya gba si bee grin

u well at all?
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by luridguy(m): 10:51am On Jan 04, 2006
well i think its not just how culture nigerians are not like that and true we form a lot people would just wave or something like dat

but ........has any one seen 2 face concert in ivory coast come and see girls crying shouting jumping on stage to hug the guy ...come i never see that kind thing happen for nija before
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by hotspice(f): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2006
me think that ivory coast concert was planned cos the same set of girls went on stage
more than once.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by chrisd(m): 11:01am On Jan 04, 2006
As for me, they don't look half human
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by dejiolowe: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2006
celebrities are overhyped by well oiled PR agencies in the states. But we dont have such in Naija so the celebrities are not better than the fine girl next door. some of our stars, such as 2face, can still pull crowd based on their own charisma
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by playboy(m): 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2006
The average Nigerian has too many problems to worry about than to be shouting and running after one celebrity on the streets.When u r hit by the vagaries of life u wont even recognise tuface on the streets!!!
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by thelastdon(m): 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2006
playboy:

The average Nigerian has too many problems to worry about than to be shouting and running after one celebrity on the streets.When you're hit by the vagaries of life u wont even recognise tuface on the streets!!!

na only u God go bless for this thread..... with me oh!
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 04, 2006
The fact is that it's not in the average Nigerian's personality to idolize anybody. nigerians see people in the entertainment industry as ordinary people with ordinary jobs. u can't expect any more than that. and if pple r screaming over tuface, it's primarily cos he's fine not that he sings so brilliantly or anything.

all the PR agencies in the world won't get nigerians screaming over u. u might be robbed, mobbed but few people'll ask 4 ur autograph. it's not a nigerian thing. that's about it.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by otokx(m): 3:17pm On Jan 04, 2006
playboy is right.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by layi(m): 3:22pm On Jan 04, 2006
I disagree with all u girls saying 2face is mobbed just because he's fine.

Meeeeen, there are several handsome bobos (who would beat tuface hands face down) walking on the streets. they dont get mobbed.
He is mobbed coz he is a SUPERSTAR. Simple!!.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by sexydoll(f): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2006
i am not crazy about celebrities because they are humans like me, i am not just going loose it or start crying like some people do because i saw my favorite celebrity hell oh no. oh i almost forgot shocked. i am a star too, so you see i can't go crazy for people like me. smiley.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by hotspice(f): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2006
layi we know he is a superstar, the icing on the cake is his finess
there is a popular bini saying that goes: "women always follow the guiter player"

but eh eh....are u among the 'several handsome bobos'?[[/b]b]
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by layi(m): 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2006
I haf mai pisure on mai Intro Page . wink
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by hotspice(f): 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2006
ok u dey among but u no be celeb so no one will go crazy over u grin
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by Shadiat(f): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2006
thelastdon:

u well at all?

Why u ask?
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by Oracle(m): 12:50am On Jan 05, 2006
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ORACLE HAS GONE CRAZY
IM IN THIS ROOM WITH MICHAEL JACKSON

ISNT THAT CRAZY?
I FEEL CRAZY TYPING IT
I FEEL CRAZY READING IT
I WONDER HOW CRAZY IT'LL BE DOING IT
GOING CRAZY FOR A CELEB IS CRAZY
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by vichel(m): 1:15am On Jan 05, 2006
Hey people do mob nigerian celebreties. When i was still in Naija Lagos to precise, there was this coedic actor emmm Papa Ajasco. When this dude came to my neighbourhood, it was unbelievable, na so people gather this guy, come dey hail his name.
But i see eedris for one local joint dey eat pepper soup, the guy just be like regular dude nobody even go shake body when him show.
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by ocho(f): 1:30am On Jan 05, 2006
we're not crazy about Nigerian artists? well, let me introduce my self, my name is ocho and i'm more than crazy about 2-face. wink and i'd lose my voice, screaming of course or maybe faint if I were to come face to face with him. lol
Re: Why Are We Not Crazy About Our Celebrities? by Oracle(m): 1:40am On Jan 05, 2006
Thatz great ocho
congratulations tongue shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Dance Queen ,kaffy Shafau Welcomes Baby Boy / Lil Wayne Is Dead. / Pls Learn From This (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.