Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone (2386 Views)

“those Who Live In Glass Houses Do Not Throw Stones” – Babangida Tells Buhari / Those Who Live In Glass Houses Do Not Throw Stones” – Babangida / Jonathan Relocates From Aso Rock To Glass House Ahead Of May 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by shalomala: 5:10pm On Mar 21, 2007
A Nigerian Senate committee has indicted the president and his deputy for corruption over an oil fund.

The committee recommends both President Olusegun Obasanjo and Vice-President Atiku Abubakar be prosecuted.

The Senate accepted the report despite initial pressure to block it, but will sit on it until after general elections scheduled for next month.

It is the first time a Nigerian Senate Committee has accused President Obasanjo of corruption.

Mr Abubakar has been barred from running in April's poll and is challenging an indictment in court.
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by McKren(m): 5:18pm On Mar 21, 2007
If the trowing that stone will prevent the building of more glass houses at the expense of those who live in mud house it is welcome.
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by shalomala: 5:27pm On Mar 21, 2007
Well THANK GOD THAT YOU ARE online!You havebeen zealous of the Mr prsident based on your contribution here.But I need to tell you that I shows differences with Obasanjo because He is proving to the whole world that HE IS NOT CORRUPT;Yet his surname is Corrupt.The equation is now balance at least prosecuting the two of them will be enough to shows us that Nigeria wil soon be rid of Corrupt politician.
Either you likeit or not, we should be all be grateful to Obasanjo and ATIKU for exposing their shaddy deals to Nigerian. ATIKU IS GREAT!!!
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by McKren(m): 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2007
Either you likeit or not, we should be all be grateful to Obasanjo and ATIKU for exposing their shaddy deals to Nigerian. ATIKU IS GREAT!!!

If you are sincere you will know who should actually be congratulated for making corruption an issue of national debate.

Your caption for this thread "He who lives in a glass house let him not throw stones" sums up how you and all those in Atiku camp would have loved the status quo to be maintained so that Fraud in high places will continue.
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by batu: 6:26pm On Mar 21, 2007
@Mckren,
kindly ignore these pro-Atiku people. It really smacks of intellectual handicap when people decide to be become just headliners. Any sensible review of the BBC report and the summary by the committe will see that, based on the committee's report, no case can stand in any law court against OBJ. Stop reading just headlines peoples, and read the lines. A president who approves fund to be utilized for government projects without approval of the senate or FEC is still covered to some amount; but a VP who "illegally" approves fund withdrawal, into the "account of his friends" for private bussiness is another case entirely.
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by McKren(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2007
@Batu

God bless you my brother
Fasawe is not happy to discuss anything that has to do with banks and refer them to his bank but is so happy to discuss on the MOFAS account and how the President paid 700million into it. That sums up why he came to the Senate, for a singular purpose to smear OBJ.

I have said it before, all this crap allegations against OBJ cant stand in any law court. Those who go about telling us how OBJ bought 200million shares, Paid 700million Naira into Fasawe's account and how he bought a car for his girlfriend should do a more thorough job by telling us what Government funds OBJ has diverted to fund this expenditure, otherwise it amounts to nullity. Telling us what expenditures OBJ has made without telling us how that affects the country's treasury is merely feeling the air with intrigues aimed at putting Nigerians in a Island of despair that afterall there is no one to trust and thus no hope lets remain where we are.

If Atiku is sure of himself why did he try to stop Senate through a law court from indicting him seprately from that pronounced by the administrative panel of enquiry??

Time will tell where all this propaganda will lead to.
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by muyioye(m): 4:38pm On Mar 23, 2007
2 McKren and batu.

I do not bother to check your age on the profile settings but I believe we shd respect our views on this web and not result into insulting ourselves.
We are all Nigerians and we are free to express our opinion on any issue (s) bothering on our collective livelihood.

Naija we are and we cannot ,and must not, no matter who, and who is there at the helm of affair support any move (s) that calls the remaining of us not in government fools. OBJ was the first to throw stones at his deputy. he has 4gotten that Petepete will expose anyone with white cloth.

It is now crystal clear who is the big thief. I do not subscribe to the fact that ATK is a small thief, but BABA shd not tell us he is fighting Corruption meanwhile his agbada is neck deep in it.

Please spare me.
Choose today among these 2 thieves
(1) You accused him of of stealing and he simply was looking down neither denying nor arguing and
(2) You accused him but he answered and said he is only helping you with your money.

God bless Nigeria and we the Nigerians
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by DRANOEL(m): 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2007
senate indicted obj for mismanaging 1.7 billion dollars and atiku for wrong authorisation of 20 million dollars, hmmn looks tasty, now we know the bigger thief, and to think there was underground efforts to cover the whole saga till the commitee threatened to resign, na wa, clearly shows that obj really went out of hiss way to stop atiku from contesting, he tried pentascope, it didnt work when it was discovered that it was el rufai and jimoh ibrahim that were behind it, scandalous
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by McKren(m): 8:25pm On Mar 23, 2007
do not bother to check your age on the profile settings but I believe we should respect our views on this web and not result into insulting ourselves.
We are all Nigerians and we are free to express our opinion on any issue (s) bothering on our collective livelihood.

Can you please copy and paste what aspect of my post amounts to an insult
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by BigB11(m): 8:49pm On Mar 23, 2007
All OBJ and Ribadu's followers; I think it's about time to wakeup!

If daddy happens to be a drug addict will you blame the children for getting drunk?
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by Mariory(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2007
Big B1:

If daddy happens to be a drug addict will you blame the children for getting drunk?

I guess we can't blame you for constantly trying to sell IBB then. Right?
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by BigB11(m): 9:33pm On Mar 23, 2007
I'm just glad that May 2007 is around the corner. We need to start again from the beginning, hopefully this time we will get it right.
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by doshbass(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
are we talking about the NFA grin grin grin grin
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by McKren(m): 10:28pm On Mar 23, 2007
A lot of corrupt people have been dealt with (both friends and foes of OBJ) while a few others who seem to be connected to OBJ have not been brought to book though there are also those who are'nt friends of OBJ that has not been brought to book.

However, in all these one thing you can not say is that there is one innocent fella free of corruption that has been persecuted by EFCC. So I simply don't understand why any law abbiding Nigerian will be worried about Ribadu?
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by donnymikky(m): 9:04am On Mar 24, 2007
All OBJ and Ribadu's followers; I think it's about time to wakeup!

Nobody is a follower of these guys we only follow events and happenings in the country.
Re: He Who Lives In Glass House Should Not Throw A Stone by 9ja4eva: 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2007
Ribadu is a big disgrace.Sure Obj no know say Atiku go expose am like dis.He shld be ashamed of himself.

(1) (Reply)

The Liberia War And Nigeria / Facts About Boko Haram / 7 Yoruba Youths Arraigned For Kidnapping, Robbery Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.