Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

6 Important Pages Every Website Should Have - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Important Pages Every Website Should Have (385 Views)

9 Most Important Pages Every Business Website Must have / I Run Free On-page And Off-page SEO On Every Website I Design / 7 Important Features Every Website Must Have To Be Effective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Important Pages Every Website Should Have by MactavisDigital: 1:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
Now that you have a website, you may be thinking of what pages should be on it. It’s not pretty straightforward but this article will help guide you on the most important pages that every site must have, notwithstanding the content. You will find it surprising that many websites that you have been visiting seem not to have the right information.

Pages allow you sectionalize relevant information on the website. Pages are used to add static content that is not supposed to change often. For instance, let’s say you own a bakery in Ikeja, there is every likelihood that the address won’t change for a long time, so I would recommend you add it to your site.

That said, let’s look at some page ideas for your website that are absolutely necessary. Come with me.

About Us Page

For every website on the internet, this is a no-brainer. The name of this page is dependent on whether you have a business website or single-author personal blog. For a business website, I’d recommend a name such as “About Us” while “About Me” is apt for a personal blog. You could also decide to be creative about the name, as long as the user can understand at one glance what it is about.

You can use this page to tell users about people being the business, purpose, mission, core values and what users should expect to see on the website. It helps build trust as they get to know the real people behind the website.

Contact Us Page

Imagine going to an event and discussing with potential investors about your business. You tell them all about what you are trying to achieve, and then forget to drop your business card with them for further correspondence. That is what not having a Contact Us Page feels like. Your website visitors, blog readers, advertisers and potential business partners all need to find your contact information.

A contact page allows users to easily send a message and learn how to connect with you through different platforms. You could decide to add a contact form to make it easy for users to contact you. You can also add your email address, location map and social media profiles.

Privacy Policy

Privacy Policy page informs users about the data you collect on your website. It also informs them how you and other third-parties may use this data. Users on your site must be comfortable with how you use their information, hence the need for the Privacy Policy page.

Details such as email address, credit card details and other sensitive information are part of the information you might require from users, so it’s important to them that their information is secure. If you are using Google AdSense, then you are required to add a privacy policy page to your website.

There are many privacy policy templates and generators online to help you. Cool right?

Custom 404 Page

When a browser can’t find a piece of content, it automatically displays a 404 page. This is especially common with WordPress websites. This page is very plain and is not useful but you can replace it with another page that offers users the opportunity to discover new content and continue browsing on your site. You could decide to improve your 404-page template in WordPress by adding “Search” as shown in the image below.

Read more:
https://mactavis.com/six-important-pages-every-website-should-have/

Cc: lalasticlala, adewasco2k, Slyr0x

(1) (Reply)

Google Launchpad African Incubation Programme For Top Seed-stage African Startup / Free Website Review Service - I Analyze And Recommend Improvement / Bloggers, How Many Of You With Specific Niche Sites Lose Rankings On Google?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.