Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

A Man's Stand - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Man's Stand (1403 Views)

One Night Stand With A Virgin Chapter 1 / The Marked: In The Spectral Existence (A Stand-alone Fantasy Fiction Novella) / One-night Stand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2018
I am back and am inviting everyone to another story from me. I hope to regularly post updates on Mondays and Fridays.

Jane1234f Misselocon Eyinimofeoluwa Jumizie13 Cleopatra4 Akinwale14 Venica henergygirl MhizDherbee Kaycee7 Tuhndhay
ceedarlin1 Missmossy bimberry1307(f), rosieluv (f), sekxy (f), Eyinimofeoluwa(f), MhizDherbee(f), Missnande(f), Tpresh(f), yeeshanana(f), yewande1234(f), gracile (f), queenpheesah(f), Oyindidi(f), Evablizin(f), Khallyella(f), harunablezin(f), IfyOaks(f), PharmaGirl(f), OTAIFOHJ(m), Lilyjoe567(f), BiafraBushBoy(m), Angelinastto(f), degelinglacis, AudreyTimms (f), PrettyMizQdot(f), Diznie (f), Venica(f), Shalomdee(f), LitQueen(f), Maryclaire1(f), darbeelicous(f), NegeduGrace(f), splendidiva(f), cerowo (f), SweetPuffPuff, NevetsIbot, preccy69(f), Eniqurl(f), folakemigeh(f), kayemjay (m), charytea(f), MainHerioneHoon(f), StephDamielola(f), holatimmy(f), devilmaycry (m), SurestG (f), Marinee(f), dollyjoy(f), Justeenaleo(f), Amarabae(f), safarigirl(f), Nina4u(f), Darch, smileing(f), Missmossy(f), Adfijem (f), GloriaNinja(f), Omotayor123(f), Asco9ty5 (f), rosy4u(f), Boleyndynasty2 (f), ritababe(f), candy(f), Bibi294(f), gentlebeeholar(f), sandybae (f), MRHOLYBOY(m), Leriebloom(f), mhizgap(f), SamuelTurner(m), KimberlyWest(f), TiffanyJ(f), Angelsss(f), EvaJael(f), fiyah(f), everton4life(m), Lawlahdey(f), prey02(f), sleeqiam(f), Apollux(m), Nnnena(f), RolaDiva(f), Galacious1, Spicylate(f), swedishblonde (f), BiafranBushBoy, marianneada(f), crislyn(f), Cleopatra4(f), StarBukola(f), commyluv(f), PamelB(f), Lilyqueeny(f), ODUMAIYE (f), Bukkiminat(f), Rhayne(f), kayceerilyn (f), kikiwendy (f), Awelewap (f), IemFava(f), pinkeeprincess(f), Mimienudles(f), sharliz(f), ahzeezat(f), Kimkardashain(f), Bossken(m), Olaide59(f), mercyymai(f), Tinkybabe(f), ceedarlin1(f), iamloyalty(f), antispexish (m), ozila(m), skarlett(f), rachealfst(f), teel123(f), Chumzypinky (f), SheWrites(f), larabae13(f), queenitee(f), AustinBlinks (m), ironkurtain(m)
Feyikemi12 Mimienudles JigsawKillah MhizEnkay saraphina
Rhayne
crislyn
gal10
FameG
Oyindawealth
eitsei
KimberlyWest
iamloyalty

2 Likes

Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
Chapter one
Madam, no be so! A young, dark man protested
Ehen, so wetin e be? All these politicians, wetin dem dey do? Which work dem dey do? Tell me na! A short, sweaty sack of a woman countered.
Na so! Ati MMN and CON, all na the same thing! A third person spoke
You no even see the name? CON? Con na scammer for English o! The woman said, slamming her hands on the table.
Oho!
Olatunde Makanmi watched the argument at the next table, sipping his Trophy. The discussions about national politics was amusing him, though not as much as the gestures of the people involved.
E don do na! All these talk no go solve anything. The young man defended. We just have to pray for them. E no easy to lead this country.
I go pray na! I go pray for those useless politicians! By the time I don't finish my prayer, they no go sabi wetin do dem.
Aha, Mummy! Someone from another table exclaimed
Abeg, abeg no defend them oh! The woman warned. Especially that useless idiot that is the president!
WHO ARE YOU CALLING USELESS!
Every one kept quiet, including the woman who only hissed.
Unfortunately the damage was done.
Oya, Everybody on that table, Stand Up!
All of a sudden, soldiers surrounded the table on the which the argument was on going and started rounding up evryonr sitting around it. The woman who insulted the president was bundled by WO soldiers, each of them carrying one leg and arm of the woman.
Ejo, e fi mi le! Ki no mo she?( please leave me alone, what did I do?) The woman protested, dragging her hand off one of the soldiers.
Twack! A hot slap landed on her round cheeks, while another soldier landed a blow on her tummy.
Yeee! Mo ti Ku ooh!
Shut up! A senior officer ordered. Carry her out!
Apart from the soldiers and the woman, everyone kept quiet. Once the woman was outside, the soldiers took a last look at the bar and walked away.
As soon as they left, the whole room burst into low level whisperings.
Na so dem dey do!
Na why I no dey talk for this kind place, soldier fit just carry person like that.
Dem go beat am die for barracks!
Dem go rape am!
Dem go kill am sef!
The woman foolish gan!
She for run!
With those legs like bags of cement? How she wan run?
Tunde stepped out of the bar, outwardly calm but seething inside. How did it get to this? He questioned himself. The papers always report nice things about the president and his cabinet because their owners and CEOs are drafted by the President himself. Since the law banning any form of abusive language was passed into law, about a thousand people have been thrown into prison for various charges all of them been from the masses.
Tunde!
He turned and saw Nifemi walking him, hair packed to the side. Of all the girls he had wanted to see, Nifemi was absent.
Tunde, how are you doing?
I am fine, how about you?
I am good. She started. Have you heard about Francis' wedding?
Francis? How does that.......
I doubt. Francis just proposed to Cynthia two days ago.
So?
Preparations are in top gear and we were invited! I need to get that money you promised me last week.
I said next week, Nifemi. Why bring this topic up?
Because we are going as a couple.
I am not going.
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 4:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
That's Monday's update. Sorry to make you guys suffer until Friday, but I did it that way for the following reasons:
1. I don't want anyone waiting unnecessarily for updates. I prefer there is regularity with the updates.
2. The orderliness of the updates will put me under the right amount of pressure to complete my work instead of lazily doing it.
3. I am looking to professionally publish 'velvet gloves' either December this year or next year, so I am also editing that work and compiling it from here. Please if anyone knows a professional editor, please I will need his services soon.
4. I am currently a Youth Corpers , so I have a tighter schedule, plus the fact I have to make more money in Lagos here, so I will be quite busy.
I am sorry for the inconveniences caused and I am hoping for your support, comments and constructive criticisms. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man's Stand by Akinwale14(m): 6:29pm On Jun 11, 2018
Nice Story, Keep It Up
Re: A Man's Stand by Kaycee7(m): 9:00pm On Jun 11, 2018
Welcome back Rapmike. Following
Re: A Man's Stand by queenitee(f): 9:37am On Jun 14, 2018
Thanks for inviting me, I'm here
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Sorry for not updating on Friday. My data suddenly finished and I could not get data until today. Will see if I can update today or tomorrow.
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2018
Cont'd
Come on! I know you and Francis have some bad blood but that was some time ago.
Francis stole my songs and became popular, even famous and you 'just' want us to return to our friendship?
She sighed. I know, but we can use his popularity to our advantage. There are bound to be those who are involved in the music industry and you will be able to make contacts.
I have dropped that career, Nifemi. I am now a journalist.
For which paper?
Am freelance.
Really? How many people read your blogs and articles?
Nifemi don't start......
Am not starting, Tunde. I see a lot of promise in you, but you have to go out there and be counted. You can't count on the people in your past and the only one among them who have the ability to pull the crowd you need is Francis. Just think about it, because I am going.
Fine. I will follow you.
Thanks. That's why I love you.
That's why I don't love you. Tunde thought as he watched Nifemi walk away. Another money I did not budget for. He muttered as he entered his room. What can't she understand?
Once inside his room, he pulled the curtains to one side, chasing away the gloom that previously inhabited the room. Between his creaky bed, his rusty stove, his iron pot and spoon, there was two thousand naira and that was all on him. The remaining cash he had was in the bank and that was not even five figures. How does he want to cope with that stupid birthday?
Nifemi. He sighed. She has made him to spend again. He understood her perspective, no doubt but what if nothing happened? What if its the same boring event where everyone knows themselves and he is left out?
But we can use his popularity to our advantage. She said. To be fair, Francis is the only person he knew that was popular and whether its music or journalism or even writing, he needed a popular person to drive traffic to his site. At least Francis can do that, can't he?
Nah. He may fail me. Francis said to himself. But what if it happens that Francis helps him? It will cause Francis next to nothing and he needs the popularity. After all, his writing is good and he knows it.
Let me go. Francis muttered for the last time. Let me see what will happen there.

1 Like

Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2018
CHAPTER TWO
Nifemi and Olatunde walked into the party in gloomy spirits. Olatunde had excessively spent on the dress she wore to the party, the transport they had spent was twice the amount he budgeted and the gift they brought- a bottle of Royal Regal, had caused him an extra ten thousand. He had unwisely poured his frustration on Nifemi and now they were quite annoyed with each other.
Otherwise, the party was quite lively, with various artistes in attendance. Skrillface- an upcoming musician was performing while the likes of P-square, Flavour, Tiwa Savage and other popular musicians were discussing among themselves.Tunde could see Linius Okoro and Chijoke Martins, upcoming movie producers who recently made blockbusters in the movie industry.
In a far corner, separated from the whole entertainment, was Francis. Francis Okon, the main reason why he was there. Francis, who had made millions and taken his music career to the next level with his songs.
Francis, who looked surprisingly sullen.
Francis.
Francis looked up, surprised that his name was called and was more surprised who called his name.
Tunde! Tunde!!
He ran towards Olatunde, hugging him tightly and swinging him around.
Tunde! How long has it been? Three years? Four? My good God! Tunde, you have slimmed down.
Olatunde, who was more than shocked with his reception, was speechless for a few minutes.
Tunde! How have you been?
F.fffine! Tunde managed to sputter. I am fine.
Hey! You seemed out of breath.
Yes, I am actually, if I consider you almost squeezing me to death and taking me for a spin, yes I am fine.
Oh, sorry. I never expected to see you, even though Nifemi assured me that you will come.
Believe you, I planned not to come, but Nifemi made me to come.
Ah! So I must thank her then. But what happened? After we graduated, I never saw you. Even your brake light no show.
Hey, life happened.
Really? Life? I am sure you ran away from me. I mean, was our friendship worth nothing?
It was not like that, our ships sailed different directions and it seemed like you hit gold before me.
Hmn, about that gold.....
Francis! Peter Okoye called out, facing Francis. Happy Birthday man! Before Francis or Olatunde could move, everyone started wishing Francis happy birthday.
We wish you, many happy returns of the day, long life and prosperity. Hipipi, Hurry!
Francis smiled, a tear drop escaping from his eyes as celebrities moved forward to greet him.
Olatunde, meanwhile had left Francis' side and went to search for Nifemi, whom he last saw talking to a dark-skinned bouncer-like person. He soon found her, still talking to the man.
Darling, meet Siegfried. Siegfried, meet Olatunde Mankanmi.
The man smoothly extended his broad hand to Olatunde, who shook them firmly. He seemed friendly enough, although his eyes looked misty and funny, like they belonged to a total stranger.
A darker, more dangerous person.
As Olatunde disengaged his hand from the handshake, Francis suddenly appeared.
Guy, abeg show. I have to talk to you.
Olatunde looked at him, unsure of what he needed from him.
Okay, let's go.
Francis quickly took him out of the main hall into one of the rooms and shut the door. Now with no one looking or listening to them, Francis took a deep breath and spoke.
Olatunde, I need your help. You see, its true that I have made a couple of hits using the songs of our varsity days, but to be frank I have nothing else to compose. The endorsements are flowing currently, but if I don't make another hit song, I will be in trouble. Nobody moves with 'has been' in this industry, you have to be making hit after hit until your brand becomes that strong to relax off music.
Where do I come in? Olatunde asked, unclear of where the conversation was going.
Nifemi tells me that you are a freelance writer.
Yes, I have my blog, which is focused on general news and sports.
I need you to compose songs for me.
Olatunde suddenly shifted back, his eyes flickering with embers of fire.
Now, I know that the songs is what led to our problems and you hating me. I know that I have been an ungrateful friend and you don't want a repeat of that. That's why I am offering you this, not as a free job but one that will reward you handsomely.
Eh? Francis, you think.....
Shh! Calm down. Francis whispered, holding Olatunde's mouth. Don't make a mountain out of this, please! If you can't help me, be on your way. I thought it will a way to mend our friendship and bring something positive into your life, especially your bank account. It seems like you can't let go of the past, be on your way.
Olatunde looked at Francis with scorn and anger, but instead of leaving he waited and probed him carefully with his eyes. Is this a trick from Francis?
Why are you looking at me like that?
Francis, hope you are not tricking me?
Tricking you? Like seriously, I poured out and life problem and what you are worry about is me tricking you?
You did that a few times in school.
This is not school! This is life! I need your services and this will be purely business.
Okay, what is my renumeration?
Now you are talking! I will pay you a hundred thousand naira every two weeks. I will also follow your blog and try to drive traffic into it.
Really? Nifemi told you this, didn't she?
No. But she told me that you do need traffic in your blog and somehow I believe that's it is important.
OK, its a deal. So when shall we start?
Can tomorrow do?
Emm, I don't know I don't even have transport.
Fine, give me your account number.
This is it. Olatunde passed a piece of paper to Francis, who fiddled with his pockets before removing and IPhone X and typing some details.
I just sent a hundred thousand naira to you. So we are good.
OK. See you tomorrow.
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 6:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
That's Friday's update and Monday's update too. If I can add more before Monday runs out, I will send it, if not by Friday.
Re: A Man's Stand by Kaycee7(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
This Francis of a guy still feels suspicious
Re: A Man's Stand by mercyymai(f): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2018
rapmike:
I am back and am inviting everyone to another story from me. I hope to regularly post updates on Mondays and Fridays.

Jane1234f Misselocon Eyinimofeoluwa Jumizie13 Cleopatra4 Akinwale14 Venica henergygirl MhizDherbee Kaycee7 Tuhndhay
ceedarlin1 Missmossy bimberry1307(f), rosieluv (f), sekxy (f), Eyinimofeoluwa(f), MhizDherbee(f), Missnande(f), Tpresh(f), yeeshanana(f), yewande1234(f), gracile (f), queenpheesah(f), Oyindidi(f), Evablizin(f), Khallyella(f), harunablezin(f), IfyOaks(f), PharmaGirl(f), OTAIFOHJ(m), Lilyjoe567(f), BiafraBushBoy(m), Angelinastto(f), degelinglacis, AudreyTimms (f), PrettyMizQdot(f), Diznie (f), Venica(f), Shalomdee(f), LitQueen(f), Maryclaire1(f), darbeelicous(f), NegeduGrace(f), splendidiva(f), cerowo (f), SweetPuffPuff, NevetsIbot, preccy69(f), Eniqurl(f), folakemigeh(f), kayemjay (m), charytea(f), MainHerioneHoon(f), StephDamielola(f), holatimmy(f), devilmaycry (m), SurestG (f), Marinee(f), dollyjoy(f), Justeenaleo(f), Amarabae(f), safarigirl(f), Nina4u(f), Darch, smileing(f), Missmossy(f), Adfijem (f), GloriaNinja(f), Omotayor123(f), Asco9ty5 (f), rosy4u(f), Boleyndynasty2 (f), ritababe(f), candy(f), Bibi294(f), gentlebeeholar(f), sandybae (f), MRHOLYBOY(m), Leriebloom(f), mhizgap(f), SamuelTurner(m), KimberlyWest(f), TiffanyJ(f), Angelsss(f), EvaJael(f), fiyah(f), everton4life(m), Lawlahdey(f), prey02(f), sleeqiam(f), Apollux(m), Nnnena(f), RolaDiva(f), Galacious1, Spicylate(f), swedishblonde (f), BiafranBushBoy, marianneada(f), crislyn(f), Cleopatra4(f), StarBukola(f), commyluv(f), PamelB(f), Lilyqueeny(f), ODUMAIYE (f), Bukkiminat(f), Rhayne(f), kayceerilyn (f), kikiwendy (f), Awelewap (f), IemFava(f), pinkeeprincess(f), Mimienudles(f), sharliz(f), ahzeezat(f), Kimkardashain(f), Bossken(m), Olaide59(f), mercyymai(f), Tinkybabe(f), ceedarlin1(f), iamloyalty(f), antispexish (m), ozila(m), skarlett(f), rachealfst(f), teel123(f), Chumzypinky (f), SheWrites(f), larabae13(f), queenitee(f), AustinBlinks (m), ironkurtain(m)
Feyikemi12 Mimienudles JigsawKillah MhizEnkay saraphina
Rhayne
crislyn
gal10
FameG
Oyindawealth
eitsei
KimberlyWest
iamloyalty

thanks for the mention
Re: A Man's Stand by mercyymai(f): 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2018
have u forgotten u have an ongoing story?
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2018
mercyymai:
have u forgotten u have an ongoing story?
No. I was out of data and just had to borrow data. NYSC has not paid my June allawe and it has been a bit hard for me
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 6:35pm On Jul 06, 2018
They stepped out into the party which was winding down. Most of the guests were already leaving a few singing into the night. Skrillface was nowhere to be seen.
Its late already. Francis remarked. Olatunde looked at his watch.
Hmn, it's eleven pm. I will need to rush back.
Rush where? Olatunde, this is the Island. Before you get to the mainland, it will be midnight at the earliest. Stay over.
No, no. I don't want to inconvenient you.
Inconvenient me? No, you are not. Come on, all these rooms are empty. The people left all live in the island. Nobody stays here apart from I, Siegfried and the bouncers.
Your gateman nko?
Him too. But that's all. Siegfried has his room and apart from him, two other bouncers stay in the house as bodyguards. They have their rooms too.
That's four rooms already. Olatunde counted. How many rooms are here?
Eight. Four at the back, four upstairs. Its a big house. So you can't inconvenient me.
OK. Let me look for Nifemi then.
Fine, I will be here.
Olatunde walked away from Francis, still thinking about his proposal. Hundred thousand every two weeks? For song writing? Who won't take that? He wondered if Francis was in his right senses to offer such. What if the songs he wrote did not make the desired impact? Even if it was successful, how does he want to sustain it?
Olatunde suddenly noticed Nifemi at a table, sitting close to Siegfried. A bit too close to him, Tundr opined. Her hair was looking a bit scattered and her clothes were quite rumpled, like she had a rumble. Did she.... Nah. How can he think like that after everything she had done for him?
Ashamed of his thoughts, Olatunde walked towards Nifemi with a calm, unjudging face.
Hey, where were you?
I was talking with Francis. What happened? He asked, curling her hair.
Oh! I was involved in a fight.
Really? How come?
This woman came around claiming that I am seducing her husband.
Were you?
Tunde, you can really ask that?
I am sorry. He said, his eyes suddenly getting droopy.
Tunde, you can pretend! Anyways, I did not know the man involved but she did not believe me. Then we started fighting.
God! You have to embarrass me.
Come on! It did not last long. Siegfried here stopped the fight before it got serious. Then someone called the woman. The husband she was fighting over was outside, kissing another woman! Imagine the shame she faced from everyone. We should be going, its late.
Francis offered his place for us this night.
Really? Did you tell him yes? Her eyes were beaming like a fully charged lantern.
Nifemi! Don't you think we will inconvenient him?
Oh, that's true. But its really late. Its almost eleven thirty.
I know. We will sleep over.
OK.
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 6:42pm On Jul 06, 2018
CHAPTER THREE
Olatunde looked at the whiteness of the room and marveled. The lack of contrasting colors- white walls, white beds and white floor with a white air conditioner to aid ventilation was a bit awesome for him.
Tunde, this bed is very soft. Nifemi said, rolling up and down the king size bed. It feels great. We can have our first child here.
We are not living in this house, Nifemi. Tomorrow we are leaving.
Must we? This room is a fair representation of the house- spacious and warm. Francis said that........
We are not staying!
But we are sleeping here tonight. I feel Hot.
Nifemi, I am not in the mood.
Really? Nifemi walked slowly and steadily towards him. You mean that this does not please you?
Nifemi stop!
What is it? You never refused me.
There is always a first time. Besides, I am not ready for marriage, not to talk of kids. Also you told me that we are coming for Francis' wedding. What I saw today is a complete departure from a wedding.
Eh....
Eh what? You orchestrated this. Explain yourself. Tundr looked squarely at her, arms akimbo.
I must have misheard Francis.
Really? From birthday to wedding?
OK, OK. I said wedding because I did not think that you will come if I told you that its a mere birthday. I know how you hate parties.
You know that we don't have the money to waste on birthdays. Fortunately it worked well for us. Once daylight reaches, we will be off.
So any performance from you?
No! Nothing like sex this night.
OK, let's cuddle.
No. In fact I will sleep on the floor. Tunde said, picking a blanket and preparing the floor.
Fine. Nifemi walked back and took her blanket angrily.
As Tunde prepared to lay as far away from Nifemi as possible, he wondered, why now? Its true that Francis may never produce a hit like his own song, but there are a thousand and one persons that will give a hand and a leg to write for him. So why him?
Unable to sleep due to his thoughts, Tunde decided to walk around the house. Maybe he will see something to take his mind away from wha he was thinking.
The first room he entered was dark and creepy, like one of those rooms where celebrities kept their 'skeletons', dead people or charms that make them successful. If a normal person was to be afraid of such a place, Olatunde was intrigued.
Hearing footsteps, Olatunde rushed into the room, shutting it firmly. Too firm perhaps as the door refused to open.
Re: A Man's Stand by Akinwale14(m): 12:02am On Jul 07, 2018
Thanks For The Update
Re: A Man's Stand by queenitee(f): 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2018
Thank you
Re: A Man's Stand by Ann2012(f): 5:59pm On Jul 07, 2018
Well done Rapmike
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 9:03pm On Jul 10, 2018
Shit!Shit!! How am I going to get out of room? Tunde thought as the footsteps got louder....... Then they stopped.
Siegfried, make sure nobody gets close to the forbidden room. Our meeting must not get uninterrupted.
Yes sir.
Even Olatunde must not know of this. I can break it to him next week?
Understood sir.
Make sure the room is secured. Do it now.
Suddenly the doorknob moved aggressively, like someone was trying to open it.
Its secured, let me open it.
Jesus! Olatunde exclaimed in his mind as he felt so alone, even naked. Once the door is opened, he will be exposed and only God knows what will happen next.
No need, Siegfried. I am fine as it is locked. Let's go. The Gov is waiting for us.
Yes sir.
As the footsteps receded, Olatunde heaved thousand sighs of relief. Turning around, he suddenly noticed a small door, like one that guarded a wardrobe. Walking slowly he opened it.
And found a staircase.
His feet were shaking but his head was flying forward as Olatunde walked down the stairs, taking care not to trip and fall. With everything he had heard, it was risky to make any noise. The voices he heard was Francis and Siegfried. He was sure it was Francis. How else could he explain the familiarity he spoke about explaining things next week. What was happening next week set?
These questions plagued his mind as he kept walking. He was sure he was not heading for the exit.
All of a sudden he started voices.
We can't move now! Our base is not strong enough to make an assault on the presidency! Even as we speak, the president's Cast guard just killed the OSN's political leader and massacred the whole OSN, even their children..
But this is the best time! We will not have a better opportunity until next year and if we can kill the president, the whole country will fall on our laps.
You really think that the country will just fall on our laps? The government can exist without the president. Its an elitist government, remember?
Emmanuel, we don't need your negativity.
Its not negativity, its a fact. If we are to take the country with that move, we need more people and groups and as all opposition to the government are already been hunted, that's not possible.
Indeed!
Marcus, don't........
Grnnnnn! Olatunde cursed his phone at that moment.
What's that?
Siegfried, secure the room!
Olatunde quickly but quietly started to head upwards after switching the damn phone off, his heart almost popping out of his chest at each step taken forward. He almost got to the door, when his foot decided to skip a step and sent him crashing down towards the meeting.

1 Like

Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 11:19am On Aug 03, 2018
Hello
I am so sorry for how things have gone so far. A lot hhas come between me and this story, chief among them been laziness. However I will try and pick up next week
Re: A Man's Stand by rapmike(m): 11:32am On Aug 12, 2018
I am sorry to announce that I can't continue this story for now. I have lost the inspiration for writing this particular story. I hope to start another story as soon as possible.

(1) (Reply)

The Mortal's Merchandise / The Victim Of Circumstance / Virgin Couple. Chapter 1-3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.