Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics (46796 Views)

Courses That Should Be Avoided By Nigerians From Poor Families. / 15 Courses You Can No Longer Study In Nigerian Polytechnics / List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Theoan: 8:24pm On Jun 11, 2018
Hi
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
sirlekzy:
BY @LEKZYLOADED

The Federal Government has announced that any programme that is not technical will be out of the polytechnics.

The decision to scrap the degree was reached on Wednesday, June 6, 2018, at the Federal Executive Council, FEC meeting.

The FG did not only stop polytechnics from awarding HND degree, it also stops them from offering courses that are non-technical.

With this new policy, we have put together some of the non-technical courses that are being offered in Nigerian polytechnics.

These following 15 courses will no longer Exist to be studied in Nigerian Polytechnics once the new policy takes effects.

1. Business Administration

2. Banking and Finance

3. Secretariat studies

4. Accounting

5. Hospitality Management

6. Public Administration

7. Estate Management

8. Fine Art

9. Home and Rural Economics

10. Insurance

11. Marketing

12. Nutrition And Dietetics

13. Wildlife And Eco-Tourism

14. Fishery

15. Leisure And Tourism Management.

Nigerian students currently studying these courses at ND level will probably not be allowed to study them at HND level as the Minister also announced that there will be no fresh admission for HND programmes.

However, in order to kick-start the policy, Yaba College of Technology will now be known as City University of Technology, Yaba, while Kaduna Polytechnic will be known as City University of Technology, Kaduna.

Source: http://www.lekzyloaded.com/education/top-15-courses-that-no-longer-exist-in-nigerian-polytechnics

This is to proved that Nigeria government policies only interested in Lagos(southwest) and kaduna(north), while south south and southeast(Biafra land) are on their own.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Geneadams(m): 8:38pm On Jun 11, 2018
TEYA:
How is Estate management not a technical course? angry angry angry
you must be an estate graduate or student like myself.the course dey sometimes bring man shame
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by bettercreature(m): 8:41pm On Jun 11, 2018
momodub:
Really
They should just close them nothing left if you removed those courses
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by bettercreature(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
ensamy:
e good bcuz our Polytechnics almost started HND in Law and HND in Medicine and Surgery hmmmmm shocked shocked shocked naija.
The policy can not work its just a waste of time
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by amanze2020(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2018
Many polytechnic lecturers teaching non-technical courses would be out of job.

No more handout money making venture again.......

No more exam sorting money making venture again......

But, I see JAMB making much more money (increase in revenue) due to the fact the admission quota to universities is too insignificant. Now, a massive surge of polytechnic students cum applicants from non-technical departments seeking for university admission in a contested cum limited space may likely end up writing several UTME exams........and the hardship and frustration continues......

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by menix(m): 8:52pm On Jun 11, 2018
They should leave out Fine arts..

The popular/creative artists in Nigeria re mostly polytechnic graduate.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 11, 2018
writerights:
Mods still peddle this news? The news that brought about a blogger cooking up this list took place 10 years ago.

Fake news!!

APC zombies are looking for what to use deceiving their fellow zombies and other voters who didn't knew of this, will fall for APC op.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by AleAirHub(m): 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2018
Me self dey same shoe self ooo.
Estate mgt graduate na me self be too lipsrsealed
Geneadams:
you must be an estate graduate or student like myself.the course dey sometimes bring man shame
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by TEYA: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2018
Geneadams:
Why now? It's a good course, just that so many quacks have invaded the field (lawyers being the most common culprits) making life a bit more difficult for the professionals.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by 0bazetony: 9:13pm On Jun 11, 2018
TEYA:
How is Estate management not a technical course? angry angry angry

Dnt mind them, I saw the news on friday, Adamu Adamu did nt list the courses, it was these bloggers that mentioned these courses. Noting has been scraped yet
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2018
IamAirforce1:
Wetin concern agbero with overload

Off course, what do you know about school

School Drop out like you
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by ekkywolex(m): 9:23pm On Jun 11, 2018
The universities available are not enough to accommodate the numbers, what will happen to the lecturers of this courses.....all in all..this is a bubble bust for polytechnics.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by IamAirforce1: 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
ALCOHOLKILLS:

Off course, what do you know about school

School Drop out like you

My guy cheesy
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by rhektor(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
DIYhackers:
Most of these courses are outdated and fading away gradually

PM or check my signature now to learn blogging

Accounting fading away guy which village are you living in?
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by udemzyudex(m): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2018
tobillionaire:
if buhari can really achieve this, I'll vote him again come next year....

I already got my PVC. haters can go swim inside lagoon ion care

You think anyone here give a f*ck about you?
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jun 11, 2018
...and what becomes of the lecturers?
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Zanga1: 9:59pm On Jun 11, 2018
This news is false
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2018
TELL BUHARI TO INCLUDE THIS COURSE "YAHOO+" TO POLYTECHNIC CURRICULUM
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nedfed(m): 10:35pm On Jun 11, 2018
DIYhackers:
Most of these courses are outdated and fading away gradually

PM or check my signature now to learn blogging

Blogging na course?
Abeg for which faculty?

1 Like

Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Harrynight(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2018
This dullards are jus planning to scrapped Polytechnic
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Babysho(m): 12:08am On Jun 12, 2018
This is really good news. I'm elated but their job isn't done just yet. They have to scrap technical courses at Universities too to balance it out. This is exactly what the educational system needs. I wrote about it last year.

Give Universities and Polytechnics the same amount of concentration to the extent that students would voluntarily choose Polytechnics as their first choice. Then and only then can Nigeria's educational system have an effect on Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by histemple: 12:26am On Jun 12, 2018
TEYA:

Why now? It's a good course, just that so many quacks have invaded the field (lawyers being the most common culprits) making life a bit more difficult for the professionals.

A closer look at that course reveals that lawyers have upper hand in the administration of estates. I know so many estate managers who went to study law to enable them operate well. You need to always be in court.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by HolyTitus(m): 1:00am On Jun 12, 2018
Gobe de niyen... Make dem allow us finish first o; p.us recession ke! ko ni funny rara
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by czarkennedy: 2:20am On Jun 12, 2018
make millions on a single blog post with no effort on your part using http:///2sKNtFL
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by Nobody: 3:59am On Jun 12, 2018
What will happen to the lecturers.
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by SenRolexy1: 5:30am On Jun 12, 2018
cry good idea but It won't work. Nigeria hmm! cheesy
Re: Top 15 Courses That No Longer Exist In Nigerian Polytechnics by mhizcassidy001(f): 8:25am On Jun 12, 2018
I DONT KNOW THAT ANOTHER UNDERWRITTER IS IN THE ROOM.INSURNCE IS ACTUAL SCIECE.PLEASE HELP ME TELL THEM THAT I CANT SPEND ANOTHER FOUR YEARS AFTER SPENDING FIVE YEARS FOR N.D
hannysur8:
insurance will be Acturial science

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unijos 2015/2016 Admission List / Snake Killed In University Of Uyo Causes Fight (Photos) / Share The Crazy Funny Things That Happened While In Boarding School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.