Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,290 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination (107808 Views)

Bola Tinubu Commissioning Kudirat Abiola Way In June 2001 (Videos) / Remembering Kudirat Abiola: 24 Years After Her Assassination (Photos) / Kudirat Abiola's Children & Grandchildren (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2018
THEY EVEN KILLED HIS WIFE, IBOSI O, AYE MO NIKA

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by meccuno: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2018
How there is a connection between the igbo people and sergeant Rogers beats my imagination. and to think that these same set of people are the one who call others children of hate has alot to be imagined.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by 2016v2017: 8:26am On Jun 12, 2018
HungerBAD:
This man that year.
do you know how many coup MKO sponsored in his life time?
Do you know about ITT?

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by SalamRushdie: 8:27am On Jun 12, 2018
azimibraun:
Hit Man indeed... Somebody just hide for corner shoot an unarmed woman and he was hailed for precision and deadliness more than the Man who took out JKF from the window of a storey building. As a kid, I thought the so called Sgt Rogers could shoot down an angel in heaven the way those old newspaper men and lawyers described him. I wonder what they wold have called the Goons who worked for Pablo Escobar. Hide shoot woman run with federal government backing and he is a deadly hitman. Story.

Lol ....i like the way your brain works
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by HomeOfMe(f): 8:27am On Jun 12, 2018
Megzview:
With June 12 just right around the corner, we remember the events that occurred around the annulment of the most free and fair elections ever held in Nigeria. Today we are looking back at the infamous hit man of General Sani Abacha, Sergeant Barnabas Jabila aka Sergeant Rogers.

Now said to be a pastor, Sergeant Rogers was involved in the assassination of the wife of Moshood Abiola, Kudirat Abiola on the 9th of June 1996. He was a member of the Strike Force and Presidential Body Guard believed to be a death squad under the command of Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, a trusted ally and the Chief Security Officer to late General Sani Abacha.

During the Human Rights Violation and Investigation Commission proceedings, he was called to bear defend himself against the petitions written against him. Accounts from the commission indicate he believed he was carrying out orders in the belief he was protecting the interest of the Country.

He was let go and was readmitted back into the Nigerian Army till 2009 when he was involved in an accident that affected his spinal cord.

During the dark days our dear country faced, Sgt Rogers held sway alongside several others serving the late General Abacha. Their reign was a reign of terror and it is sad that after the crimes committed, not a single person has been held to account for the roles they played.

Those who died for our democracy or were maimed deserve better than what has happened and while it could be argued that Sgt Rogers was merely carrying out orders, he should be held culpable as an accessory to the murder of innocent people.

As we approach June 12, we should remind ourselves every day the sacrifices made, for us to have democracy and ensure that never again will we be held captives within our own country.

http://megasblog.com/sergeant-rogers-the-infamous-hit-man-of-abacha/

Wow. I remember this man;that year...? Very eventful. So he's now a pastor? Olorun ku suru.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Bianda24: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2018
I remember vividly the way Tell Magazine puts it "Whenever Roger is in black kaftan, someone is sure to die". Hmmmm.....

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by castrol180(m): 8:28am On Jun 12, 2018
That's Barnabas the hit man
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by fergie001: 8:29am On Jun 12, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

If they have not sent you a private message then you are not a regular around here
Baba,you know them finish....had a friend who was recruited last week on retweets after retweets on Twitter.....he said he wants the money...
Immediately,there is a follow back, he joins a co-ordinated action group,as at the time we were discussing,they were trying to find a linkage between the politician who brought the policeman that shot fayemi....and Fayose,
And all that....I know there is a BMC rubbish but never knew their modus operandi until last week.....I was even asking him what if you are not contacted,he said that means you have not been chosen...
So I am not surprised what I see on social media sha,I spend most of my time in the pets section on NL. grin
The youths are gone.......

As for Sgt.Rogers,I believe acquitting him is wrong,he was following orders,but orders that are in apposition to the very constitution we extol and ideals of this nation should be jettisoned.....that is the same nonsense we see from our service chiefs today,the Marilyn Ogars and Mbus of this world.....when someone is punished,others will sit tight....Rogers should have had at least 25 years....

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Neoteny(m): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Speak of what you are sure bro. I'm yet to see one Igbo man that celebrates Hamza Mustapha.

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified of not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.

There is no military where illegal orders are to be blindly followed. Even the military has rules of engagement which are a sort of codified ethics.

In Nuremberg so many Nazis tried to walk that path, known as 'the Nuremberg defense', but they quickly found out their folly.

The Nuremberg Principle IV states:

"The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him."

This is what nailed Dostler.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by pawesome(m): 8:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Abacha....that's who Nigerians need

At least he was d only one looting not now dt every bloody politician has turned looting into a business grin

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Speak of what you are sure bro. I'm yet to see one Igbo man that celebrates Hamza Mustapha.

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified of not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.

Discipline and obeying of order from a superior officer is required truely in the military
Even at that, in the military, there is what is referred to as rules of engagement, u don't follow any other that is against ethics and rules of engagement.
If possible u can relieve you oga of his duties with ur side arm.
This is an assasinatiin, a crime against humanity, against the oath he swore. Mustapha swore an oath to protect against foreign and domestic enemies. At that time he was given the order, his oga his a domestic enemy telling him to end the life of an unarmed civilian...

What the hell for.??.. Even on battle field, u don't kill indiscriminately because u have a Kalashnikov. Why do u think pple are brought to judgment for war crimes?

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by TEYA: 8:33am On Jun 12, 2018
azimibraun:
Hit Man indeed... Somebody just hide for corner shoot an unarmed woman and he was hailed for precision and deadliness more than the Man who took out JKF from the window of a storey building. As a kid, I thought the so called Sgt Rogers could shoot down an angel in heaven the way those old newspaper men and lawyers described him. I wonder what they wold have called the Goons who worked for Pablo Escobar. Hide shoot woman run with federal government backing and he is a deadly hitman. Story.
No, you got it wrong. Rogers was a truly good sniper. Kudirat's car was at top speed, the car carrying Rogers was on high speed too. While overtaking Kudirat's car Sergent Rogers shot and killed her with a single bullet in the head. I find Rogers disgusting though, but he did not hide in a corner like you claimed.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by excel101(m): 8:34am On Jun 12, 2018
Alariiwo:
Hamza Al Mustapha that the buffoon released and is celebrated by Igbos till date.

Well thanks to MKO and other freedom fighters who laid down their lives so we can have democracy.
They are the true heroes we will never forget.
Yes they're the true heros of democracy. It is the more reason where each time Nigeria needs a sacrifice to move forward, there's always an afonja's man life available, and after which they'll be compensated for providing the sacrificial lamb with, GCFR, after they're dead. Cowards!

NB. Your leaders even benefited in cash by Abacha, just to shut there mouth over the incarceration of MKO.
In discussions on bravery, you guys should close your face in shame. Shameless betrayals.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Joylove2324(f): 8:34am On Jun 12, 2018
order or no order,murder should be treated as one...al-mustafa and rogers should pay for the damage they done to our democracy

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by pawesome(m): 8:35am On Jun 12, 2018
azimibraun:
hihihihihi...let's say he is a hit kid grin
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Geist(m): 8:36am On Jun 12, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
I am not sure there is anything like moral justification in the military book.

I think they go by the sayings 'Orders are Orders and Obey the Last Order.
That's not true. No military Man can commit a crime and just claim it's an order. You are not expected to follow criminal orders. Both the doer and giver of the order are to be dismissed and jailed if this country gave a Bleep about the rule of law. The thing with Sgt Rogers is that he argued that disobeying almost meant you would be killed too under Sanni Abacha even though you did the right thing in the eyes of the law. No one can really argue against that.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by CSTR1003: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
Alariiwo:
Hamza Al Mustapha that the buffoon released and is celebrated by Igbos till date.

Well thanks to MKO and other freedom fighters who laid down their lives so we can have democracy.
They are the true heroes we will never forget.
If you have not linked igbos to your struggles, you no go rest.

Why not focus on your people and leave igbos alone?

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Bullhari007(m): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
the hitman deserve a double promotions because he stopped civilian coup detat and enthic cleansing, because I know AFONJAS can't stand the heat if Entire Nigeria fall on them for treasonous act

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by vertueptime: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:

So if ur a pte and ur oga a gen or col orders u to shoot him will u follow that order to the last?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by PRINCEVICKEY: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
HMMMM.......PEOPLE SUDDENLY FORGET SHOFOLAHAN ... THE PA TO ABIOLA WIFE WHO REALLY BETRAY HER AND EXPOSE HER TO UNTIMELY DEATH

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by derealj(m): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
Afonjas celebrating Buhari for recognizing Abiola as if Buhari was not among the conspirators that denied him the seat talk about gullibility.

Afonjas did nothing for the murder of Abiola and his wife talk about cowardice.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by HomeOfMe(f): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
Megzview:
With June 12 just right around the corner, we remember the events that occurred around the annulment of the most free and fair elections ever held in Nigeria. Today we are looking back at the infamous hit man of General Sani Abacha, Sergeant Barnabas Jabila aka Sergeant Rogers.

Now said to be a pastor, Sergeant Rogers was involved in the assassination of the wife of Moshood Abiola, Kudirat Abiola on the 9th of June 1996. He was a member of the Strike Force and Presidential Body Guard believed to be a death squad under the command of Major Hamza Al-Mustapha, a trusted ally and the Chief Security Officer to late General Sani Abacha.

During the Human Rights Violation and Investigation Commission proceedings, he was called to bear defend himself against the petitions written against him. Accounts from the commission indicate he believed he was carrying out orders in the belief he was protecting the interest of the Country.

He was let go and was readmitted back into the Nigerian Army till 2009 when he was involved in an accident that affected his spinal cord.

During the dark days our dear country faced, Sgt Rogers held sway alongside several others serving the late General Abacha. Their reign was a reign of terror and it is sad that after the crimes committed, not a single person has been held to account for the roles they played.

Those who died for our democracy or were maimed deserve better than what has happened and while it could be argued that Sgt Rogers was merely carrying out orders, he should be held culpable as an accessory to the murder of innocent people.

As we approach June 12, we should remind ourselves every day the sacrifices made, for us to have democracy and ensure that never again will we be held captives within our own country.

If buhari doesn't have skeletons in his cupboard,I expected him to have re-arrested Al Mustapha and sergeant Rogers,but no. What did you expect from him when he said Abacha was a perfect man and he did not steal. People of likeminds.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by fergie001: 8:40am On Jun 12, 2018
Neoteny:

There is no military where illegal orders are to be blindly followed. Even the military has rules of engagement which are a sort of codified ethics.

In Nuremberg so many Nazis tried to walk that path, known as 'the Nuremberg defense', but they quickly found out their folly.

The Nuremberg Principle IV states:

"The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him."

This is what nailed Dostler.

This boy or man come here....
Which school you go?
You know book sha.......... grin

Nice one...you have said it all.

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Bullhari007(m): 8:41am On Jun 12, 2018
Megzview:

the hitman deserve a double promotions because he stopped civilian coup detat and enthic cleansing, because I know AFONJAS can't stand the heat if Entire Nigeria fall on them for treasonous act

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by press005: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2018
Mynd44:

In the military, orders that are not morally justified or in line with the military's morals are not to be followed no matter who gives you such order.

Is a lie....Wrong orders can be carried out provided it's coming from d Oga.

Do u even knw how many gallant men d Military have lost as a result of wrong orders....They are uncountable bro.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by ujampie: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2018
Hmmmmmmmm.. . I don't think I can handle a microphone after taking so much innocent lives? Hmmmmmmmmm... .. The law made him free, has God made him free?

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Neoteny(m): 8:42am On Jun 12, 2018
fergie001:

This boy or man come here....
Which school you go?
You know book sha.......... grin

Nice one...you have said it all.

I'm Fulani. I went to a nomadic Almajiri school
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by usebog: 8:42am On Jun 12, 2018
abiola everyday,who his he self
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by rozayx5(m): 8:43am On Jun 12, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:

no mind the guy

when did Mynd44 serve in the army

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by walosky(m): 8:44am On Jun 12, 2018
So this was the aboki that sent Kudirat Abiola to Hades?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 12, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:

That's completely false.... There are rules of engagement in military, that's why people get go on trial for war crimes on battle field let alone domestic assault on an unarmed civilian... If ur oga is talking nonsense that is against the oath u swore, he can be releived of his duties even by a surbodinate.

Inside Human Parts Market In Lagos. / Revenue Allocation To States In Nigeria By FG (2014) / Obi Cubana Received Backlash, Forced To Delete His Post On Facebook - Pics

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87