Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination (107533 Views)

Bola Tinubu Commissioning Kudirat Abiola Way In June 2001 (Videos) / Remembering Kudirat Abiola: 24 Years After Her Assassination (Photos) / Kudirat Abiola's Children & Grandchildren (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Gentlesniper(m): 11:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Neoteny:

There is no military where illegal orders are to be blindly followed. Even the military has rules of engagement which are a sort of codified ethics.

In Nuremberg so many Nazis tried to walk that path, known as 'the Nuremberg defense', but they quickly found out their folly.

The Nuremberg Principle IV states:

"The fact that a person acted pursuant to order of his Government or of a superior does not relieve him from responsibility under international law, provided a moral choice was in fact possible to him."

This is what nailed Dostler.

Depends on what you mean by Illegal orders. The case of Sgt Rogers is not an illegal order as far as the power in command then was concerned, but you might call it a morally unjustified one. Sgt Rogers only followed orders
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Neoteny(m): 11:33am On Jun 12, 2018
Gentlesniper:

Depends on what you mean by Illegal orders. The case of Sgt Rogers is not an illegal order as far as the power in command then was concerned, but you might call it a morally unjustified one. Sgt Rogers only followed orders

Any order that goes against the Nuremberg Principle is an illegal order, else the Nazis would not have been hanged.

Violation of fundamental human rights is not excused by any military policies.

A non-combatant or a combatant who surrenders is protected by international law and the common rules of engagement.

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Neoteny(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2018
QuietHammer:

Hmmm. I have a lot to learn about the two great war

World War 2 is the most devasting war, yet within the chaos is something romantically enticing, however morbid that sounds.

I've been engrossed in studying the history of how Nazism and fascism almost ruined the world, and how communism and capitalism came together to save the world, only to end up in a cold war that again threatened humanity with the greatest extinction level event.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by pawesome(m): 11:42am On Jun 12, 2018
EMMAUGOH:
lol, this ur post eh.. Imagine we just need one looter
e no better pass this ones wey dem full upandan grin
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by ehinmowo: 11:51am On Jun 12, 2018
Alhajiemeritus:
I am not sure there is anything like moral justification in the military book.

I think they go by the sayings 'Orders are Orders and Obey the Last Order.

So we shud nt hold d millitary respobsible for the Asaba Massacre of d Igbos then?

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by KilmerRougeDon: 11:52am On Jun 12, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

Children of hate
Spreading falsehood on social media just because of religious affiliation to the caliphate and ethnic sentiments.... Enjoy your 30k.. you have been noticed.

The idiot was truly noticed my brother. Let him enjoy his 30 seconds of fame. I am sure the mere mention of the name Igbo gives him nightmares.

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Gentlesniper(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Neoteny:

Any order that goes against the Nuremberg Principle is an illegal order, else the Nazis would not have been hanged.

Violation of fundamental human rights is not excused by any military policies.

A non-combatant or a combatant who surrenders is protected by international law and the common rules of engagement.
like someone rightly asked, who tried the Americans for the war crimes perpetrated? or are we to believe that they stuck all through to the rules of engagement?
Had Sgt Rogers rejected that order then, he would have been six feet down and nothing would have happened.
How many of such violations of human rights and military rules of engagement in Nigeria have been tried ranging from the Asaba massacre, odi massacre, even the execution of some military operations in Nigeria, and so many of them.
Disobey a millitary order and get your ass court marshalled.

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Bullhari007(m): 12:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
the same man that work under the killer of MKO and Kudirat as PTF chairman is the same man that gave that decorate him , the same tyrant that said Abacha is a saint and didn't stole anything or commit any crime is the same person deceiving sophisticated AFONJA with this nonsense , AFONJAS are dull politically
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Neoteny(m): 12:21pm On Jun 12, 2018
Gentlesniper:

like someone rightly asked, who tried the Americans for the war crimes perpetrated? or are we to believe that they stuck all through to the rules of engagement?
Had Sgt Rogers rejected that order then, he would have been six feet down and nothing would have happened.
How many of such violations of human rights and military rules of engagement in Nigeria have been tried ranging from the Asaba massacre, odi massacre, even the execution of some military operations in Nigeria, and so many of them.
Disobey a millitary order and get your ass court marshalled.

You're talking about something else completely different.

Just because you stand the risk of being punished for obeying an illegal order does not legalize it in any way.

And when you talk about US military excesses, in most cases it was not an organized, systematic blitzkrieg..it is most often either collateral damage, or the excess of a few whom in many cases were investigated, court-martialed and jailed.

The US has among the most disciplined, propaganda-averse military.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Fuzzyman(f): 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Read the beginning of my second paragraph well before raising unnecessary tribal sentiment.

Killing is bad and condemnable especially that of the innocent but when a soldier is given an order by a superior, he is not to be blamed for following the order.

Maybe say that to nazi soldiers who were prosecuted even into their 80s. You are still responsible for your actions.

Don't defend the indefensible
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by mightyhazell: 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Unluckrees:
Imagine if his name was Sgt. Onyebuchi.
hmm. u for don dey hear ethnic cleansing. no igboman for remain for army. plus second civil war for don play out since.

irrational fear of the igboman..
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by searchlight: 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2018
azimibraun:
Hit Man indeed... Somebody just hide for corner shoot an unarmed woman and he was hailed for precision and deadliness more than the Man who took out JKF from the window of a storey building. As a kid, I thought the so called Sgt Rogers could shoot down an angel in heaven the way those old newspaper men and lawyers described him. I wonder what they wold have called the Goons who worked for Pablo Escobar. Hide shoot woman run with federal government backing and he is a deadly hitman. Story.
that's the same thing Brutai and Idris are doing to unarmed ipob youth and una dey hail them. that was the same thing FG in collaboration with Awolowo did to 3million Igbo women and children which you celebrate to day as victory. that was the same thing murtala Muhammed did to asaba people "the notorious asaba massacre" and he was immortalised. pls just shut up and take the caption as it is or correct every thing correctable in the zoo if you have the power
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by searchlight: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Khd95:
He ends up with spinal cord injurys , karma na dope bissssh grin
pls when will karma visit obj, buhari, ibb, gowon and their likes. or is karma selective ?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by searchlight: 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lipscomb:
Jonathan stupid man released mustapha for political gain.
yes he did so will you now go and die? when you become the youth leader in your village you can pardon shakau no body cares

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by searchlight: 1:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
Paperwhite:
This man was really a die-hard killer with lots of blood on his hands.
but he killed for abacha which buhari said was a good man. are you reasonable enough to pinpoint the connection?

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Bundaweber: 1:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Mynd44:

In the military, orders that are not morally justified or in line with the military's morals are not to be followed no matter who gives you such order.

if I hear. if today the lotus orders a nuclear strike are you telling me the military officer is allowed to decline? there is a reason for saying obey the last order. militaries are built on the obedience of orders irrespective of how morally bankrupt such order is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Bundaweber:

if I hear. if today the lotus orders a nuclear strike are you telling me the military officer is allowed to decline? there is a reason for saying obey the last order. militaries are built on the obedience of orders irrespective of how morally bankrupt such order is.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by SlayerForever: 4:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
[s]
Mynd44:

In the military, orders that are not morally justified or in line with the military's morals are not to be followed no matter who gives you such order.

[/s]
This guy ehn. Tufia!

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by abeggnow: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Speak of what you are sure bro. I'm yet to see one Igbo man that celebrates Hamza Mustapha.

Personally, I may abhor unjustified killings but I respect intelligent and disciplined men. In the military, order is one thing that must be followed whether morally justified of not and I guess Mustapha was disciplined enough to do that.
in the military not all orders are carried out. An order has to complly with rules and regulation of the military.for example of a if a superior orders a subordinate to comit murder, that order is disregarded.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by SlayerForever: 4:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
[s]
ehinmowo:

So we shud nt hold d millitary respobsible for the Asaba Massacre of d Igbos then?
[/s]

What is the connection between this garbage you spilled here and the comment he posted?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by SlayerForever: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
[s]
Neoteny:

You're talking about something else completely different.

Just because you stand the risk of being punished for obeying an illegal order does not legalize it in any way.

And when you talk about US military excesses, in most cases it was not an organized, systematic blitzkrieg..it is most often either collateral damage, or the excess of a few whom in many cases were investigated, court-martialed and jailed.

The US has among the most disciplined, propaganda-averse military.

[/s]

Though I understand your angle you are terribly ignorant I swear down. It stinks to high heavens. The US is almost just as guilty as Germany when it comes to war crimes.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by 1daboi: 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Alariiwo:
Hamza Al Mustapha that the buffoon released and is celebrated by Igbos till date.

Well thanks to MKO and other freedom fighters who laid down their lives so we can have democracy.
They are the true heroes we will never forget.
you no get sense at all

1 Like

Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by Neoteny(m): 6:10pm On Jun 12, 2018
SlayerForever:

Though I understand your angle you are terribly ignorant I swear down. It stinks to high heavens. The US is almost just as guilty as Germany when it comes to war crimes.

Ok sir.

I'm sure I'm not as educated as you, so I defer my position.

But there's a difference between Germany and the Third Reich.

Just saying.

But what do I know, right?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by SlayerForever: 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
Neoteny:

Ok sir.
I'm sure I'm not as educated as you, so I defer my position.
But there's a difference between Germany and the Third Reich.
Just saying.
But what do I know, right?

Cheeky.

I have passed my message across concerning the US.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by ehinmowo: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

What is the connection between this garbage you spilled here and the comment he posted?

Hey brain dead! I dnt waste my time on idiot like u. Read what he said. If u still cnt find correlation, then it's not my fault u hv brain paralysis.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by SlayerForever: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
[s]
ehinmowo:

Hey brain dead! I dnt waste my time on idiot like u. Read what he said. If u still cnt find correlation, then it's not my fault u hv brain paralysis.
[/s]

Slow.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by lizdammy: 3:43am On Jun 13, 2018
Kai
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by maasoap(m): 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2018
davillian:
He was just doing his job.
Rejecting abachas orders is a death sentence.

And that's exactly what people are saying here, he had options. If had given the order to kill his immediate family, wouldn't he have preferred a death sentence?
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by maasoap(m): 9:31pm On Jun 13, 2018
phase1:

But you yorubas today agree with Buhari that Abacha was a fantastic man. grin

Because we voted for Buhari? See logic! Chaii!
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by maasoap(m): 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2018
1miccza:

He doesn't understand that he's talking to someone in the ''know'', someone in the ''thick of things''...

That means that "someone in the know", "someone in the thick of things" still has a lot to learn from the history around the world. Most especially concerning the trials of those who were given orders to kill and maim. When you're given orders, you always have choices and options.
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by davillian(m): 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
maasoap:

And that's exactly what people are saying here, he had options. If had given the order to kill his immediate family, wouldn't he have preferred a death sentence?
If abacha wants his family dead he will have to do it.
Because if he refuses he is going to die and his family will also be killed
But its a tough decision for any man to make though
Re: Meet Sergeant Rogers, Abacha's Hit Man Involved In Kudirat Abiola Assassination by maasoap(m): 9:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
davillian:

If abacha wants his family dead he will have to do it.
Because if he refuses he is going to die and his family will also be killed
But its a tough decision for any man to make though

He would have never done it, wouldn't matter to him if Abacha order someone else to do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Suhaila Ibrahim Zakzaky With Soleimani's Daughter In Iran (Photos) / President Buhari On A Condolence Visit To Bauchi (Photos) / Inside Human Parts Market In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.