Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents (613 Views)

“I Am 22 Years Old” — Cute Lady With A Baby Face Cries Out { Photos } / Blogger Ebiwali: 'I Am 22, I Dont Sex For Money, I Dont Do Sugar Daddy' / I Am 22 And My Son Is Now 5yrs Old. One Word For Me (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by Easzy96(m): 11:01am On Jun 12, 2018
I was talking to a female friend yesterday and we were having a conversation about sex and sexuality...
She had to tell me that till date in her house, they were not allowed to mention anything concerning sex or sexuality in there home all because they were Christians. She went to the extent of saying that whenever they are watching TV with there parents and a sexual scene was shown, her father will switch off the television.

My question is, what is wrong with our African parents, They see sex conversations as a taboo. Even my parents, we barely talk about sex or relationships with our parents all because of the so called religious morality.

Read
How to have a sexual talk with your kids
https://9jalife.com.ng/teach-child-sex-education/
Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by izzou(m): 11:03am On Jun 12, 2018
grin

At 22, why should I be bothered about talking about sex with my parents when I have brothers, cousins, friends and the rest?

3 Likes

Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by pafo(m): 11:08am On Jun 12, 2018
Let her stand on her own two feet in terms of responsibilities and see that all change. They don't want her to disgrace the family name with familiarity to sex when she is still under their roof.
Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by Headlesschicken(m): 11:16am On Jun 12, 2018
undecided Should sex be yuh priority @22,while yuh mates are busy bagging 1st class, you are talking bout sex...
Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:24am On Jun 12, 2018
the fact that this person thinks that all parents (especially Xtian ones) will openly talk about sex with their kids, is her #1 mistake!

in this day and age when you can learn about any and every goddam thing online, yet instead of doing that for sex education, they are here browsing NL will be their #2 mistake!

African society frown upon such act, the bible/qur'an frown upon such act, and deluded Africans will tell you that sexual education will only lead to sexual immorality etc.... the important question (which is her #3 mistake IS: dont you have a cool aunt/cousin/friend/partner to teach you such thing? or is is also taboo to enter a r/ship clueless and learning on the go?

and last but not least, the final mistake! is that at his/her age, that person still needs sexual education?! for what exactly

1 Like

Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:26am On Jun 12, 2018
Headlesschicken:
undecided Should sex be yuh priority @22,while yuh mates are busy bagging 1st class, you are talking bout sex...

why would you even assume that he/she is NOT bagging 1st class herself?! or are you claiming that all students bagging 1st class are clueless about sex?! the above funny/failed comment is that exact African mentality she is frowning upon...

1 Like

Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 12, 2018
Then don't talk about it... Just do it.
Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by Easzy96(m): 11:44am On Jun 12, 2018
Headlesschicken:
this person is not even getting the point. smh

1 Like

Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by Moneyspeakingz: 12:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
Headlesschicken:
Hope u came out with a first class at age 22?

1 Like

Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by izzou(m): 12:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
Headlesschicken:
undecided

1 Like

Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by gonkin(m): 1:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
Easzy96:
I was talking to a female friend yesterday and we were having a conversation about sex and sexuality...
She had to tell me that till date in her house, they were not allowed to mention anything concerning sex or sexuality in there home all because they were Christians. She went to the extent of saying that whenever they are watching TV with there parents and a sexual scene was shown, her father will switch off the television.

My question is, what is wrong with our African parents, They see sex conversations as a taboo. Even my parents, we barely talk about sex or relationships with our parents all because of the so called religious morality.

Read
How to have a sexual talk with your kids
https://9jalife.com.ng/teach-child-sex-education/

I never talked about sex with my folks even till this day. But i read about it and believe me i knew alot before i engaged in the practice. Afterall the topic on reproduction is first lectured at JSS3. That girl may become a sex addict later if she gets lectured by the wrong source
Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
gonkin:

I never talked about sex with my folks even till this day. But i read about it and believe me i knew alot before i engaged in the practice. Afterall the topic on reproduction is first lectured at JSS3. That girl may become a sex addict later if she gets lectured by the wrong source

most sex addict have a mental/physical disorder, and such cannot happen because of wrong teachers, but simply because of the wrong body/satisfaction
Re: Am 22 Years Old Yet I Can't Talk About SEX With My Parents by Headlesschicken(m): 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Top 3 Countries You Are Supporting In The World Cup / "I Don't Need Men To Survive" - Yvonne Nelson After Split From Babydaddy / Check Out These 22 Hi-tech Clues That Reveal Your Partner Is Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.