Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:28 AM

US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC (32241 Views)

EFCC Arrests 74 Alleged Internet Fraudsters In Ogun / WANTED!!! Man Of 27 Wanted By The EFCC Over $2.2million Email Scam / FBI Arrests 74 In Global Crackdown On Email Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by hamid6249: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
was thinking of going into scamming , but I realised its vanity upon vanity

2 Likes

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Hmmm
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by SalamRushdie: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2018
Not been an easy year for Yahoo boys sha

3 Likes

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Offpoint: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
h
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Toosure70: 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2018
#LAZYYOUTH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2018
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Chukazu: 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
After arrest where are they taking to?

Some of them wouldn't mind been taken to the US to go and face trials...it's an opportunity to enter Yankee cool
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Ejadike(m): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
delugajackson:
Just one of their many formats. If you know you know.

MR JACOBS SALAMI
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
OUAGADOUGOU, BURKINA FASO,
WEST AFRICA.
Tel:+226 78 59 58 30
Dear Friend,
Greeting to you!!!
I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise as we never met before. I am the Director in charge of Auditing in Bank of Africa (B.O.A), I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of Twenty Two Million and Five Hundred Thousand united state dollars ($22.500 000mUSD) Immediately to your account.
The fund has been dormant (in-active) for 11 years in our Bank here without any body coming for it. I want to release the fund to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer (the owner of the account) who died a long with his supposed next of kin in air crash since on February 16, 1998. I don't want the fund to go into our Bank treasury as an abandoned fund, so this is the reason why I contacted you, so that my Bank will release the fund to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer.
Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested. Upon receipt of your reply, I will send you the application form you will fill and send to the bank for transfer of the fund into your bank account and also note that you will have 40% of the above mentioned amount if you agree to help me execute this business.And also 10% had been mapped out for you for the expense you will make in this transaction and 50% is for me. I need your informations so that Iwill send you the application form.
YOUR FULL INFORMATIONS
Your Name,
Your Home Addresses, ,
City, ,
Country, ,
Home Telephone, ,
Private Telephone, ,
Fax No, ,
Marital Status, ,
Sex,
Age, ,
Occupation, ,
Religion, ,
waiting for your urgent response so that we will proceed immediately.
Best Regards,
MR JACOBS SALAMI.
so what would now be the end result of this? To get what exactly? After the format what next?
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by WazzaRebirth: 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2018
IsaacBuchi:
undecided

After scamming us of our mineral resources & using our fathers as slave to build their land they now want to crack down on the guys that wants to get back what belongs to their fore fathers... grin

You are a fool..

2 Likes

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by IsaacBuchi(m): 5:34pm On Jun 12, 2018
WazzaRebirth:

You are a fool..

Insults does it make you any better

3 Likes

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by computerglobal(m): 5:37pm On Jun 12, 2018
Fukafuka:
shocked

Na u be that
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by DrMuzungu(m): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
1. When I see someone signing a document and adding MR in front of his (supposed) name, I hardly ever bother to read the rest of the letter.

2. Secondly, real business letters hardly ever contain the exchange of pleasantries (sending greetings etc).

3. A lot of grammatical or typographic errors.

Once an idiot created a fake immigration web site and put the heading "NIGERIA IMMIGRATE SERVICE" instead of "Nigeria Immigration Services"... Literacy pays. Crime does not.

3 Likes

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Ghostmode2two(m): 5:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
They should also arrest the Americans who agreed in transacting these deals too. Both parties are guilty
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by DrMuzungu(m): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2018
IsaacBuchi:
[b]After scamming us of our mineral resources & using our fathers as slave to build their land they now want to crack down on the guys that wants to get back what belongs to their fore fathers... grin
cammers do not mind if the target/victim is an African, as long as maga pays. So how does scamming an african help bring money back? Back from where? When you wish tot ravel, and your visa request is denied, you cry a river how cruel the westerners are. You, however, never blame the scammers for making western embassies become skeptical whenever a genuine business person applies for a visa, so shut the fvck up.

Posts like yours make me wonder if you are really that daft, criminally minded, or are just pretending to be (both).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
They keep giving us bad names.
Mofos

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by thunderbabs: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
Shey yahoo boiz no go go learn trade now cool abi dey wan use charm for fbi too ni

1 Like

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by lagdmark(m): 5:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
The 30 Nigerian scammers arrested are mainly from a particular region, if you know.......
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by thunderbabs: 5:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
DrMuzungu:

cammers do not mind if the target/victim is an African, as long as maga pays. So how does scamming an african help bring money back? Back from where? When you wish tot ravel, and your visa request is denied, you cry a river how cruel the westerners are. You, however, never blame the scammers for making western embassies become skeptical whenever a genuine business person applies for a visa, so shut the fvck up.

Posts like yours make me wonder if you are really that daft, criminally minded, or are just pretending to be (both).

Bro. Calm dan na...scamming don exist before the advent of yahoo...jus calm dan

1 Like

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by DrMuzungu(m): 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
thunderbabs:
Bro. Calm dan na...scamming don exist before the advent of yahoo...jus calm dan

Yes, scamming existed since the ancient times. But when I see my own people bringing a bad name to my country, or when Nigerians bring a bad name to Nigeria, Nigeria which I love with all my heart, then I get pissed.
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by TeamSimple(m): 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2018
Have they thought about the effect of slave trade and the millions they help our politicians launder in their banks .
Our politicians launder money meant for the masses using your banks , some become untraceable and you use that money to provide amenities for your citizens without guilt of what would happen to the citizens of the looter's country. Well that is the result of accomplice money laundry , your own people too not rest.

2 Likes

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by thunderbabs: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
DrMuzungu:

Yes, scamming existed since the ancient times. But when I see my own people bringing a bad name to my country, or when Nigerians bring a bad name to Nigeria, Nigeria which I love with all my heart, then I get pissed.

If i launch you gidigbo, ehn...you luv nigeria with all ur heart sad you wan get heart attack be dat....Naijaaa undecided

3 Likes

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by GavelSlam: 6:04pm On Jun 12, 2018
Na to dey play local now.

But money no to dey am

grin
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by drchuks1234(m): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2018
[quote author=delugajackson post=68416634]Just one of their many formats. If you know you know.

MR JACOBS SALAMI
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
WEST AFRICA.
Dear Friend,
Greeting to you!!!
I know that this mail will come to you as a surprise as we never met before. I am the Director in charge of Auditing in Bank of Africa (B.O.A), I Hoped that you will not expose or betray this trust and confident that I am about to repose on you for the mutual benefit of our both families. I need your urgent assistance in transferring the sum of Twenty Two Million and Five Hundred Thousand united state dollars ($22.500 000mUSD) Immediately to your account.
The fund has been dormant (in-active) for 11 years in our Bank here without any body coming for it. I want to release the fund to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer (the owner of the account) who died a long with his supposed next of kin in air crash since on February 16, 1998. I don't want the fund to LOL
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by DrMuzungu(m): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
thunderbabs:
If i launch you gidigbo, ehn...you luv nigeria with all ur heart sad you wan get heart attack be dat....Naijaaa undecided

NCAN, please intervene, where is this one from? cheesy

1 Like

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by kolaa007(m): 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2018
This is savage....thumbs up

flexyrule:
Don't jail them in the US.
Try them and transfer them to a Nigerian prison.

One of them that was recently released from a US penitentiary has already secured a contract with a record label, ready to release songs he wrote while serving jail term in the US.

After 5 years in Kri-Kri.... They won't even remember how to boot a computer.
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by BreakupNigeria: 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2018
naijaguy123456:
The internet fraud with Nigeria is a result of unemployment and get rich quick syndrome, bearing in mind the societal decadence but the news said US arrested Nigeria national inside Nigeria ! What a joke of a nation are we irrespective of their crimes and it went further a Nigeria was extradited to the USA from UK. There are countless British national who are into cyber crimes, I can't remember the last time one was successfully extradited to the USA, they launch court battle that never finished.
God bless you!!

1 Like

Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by charlesu49(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2018
delugajackson:
Just one of their many formats. If you know you know.

MR JACOBS SALAMI
BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
WEST AFRICA.
Dear Friend,
Greeting to you!!!
The fund has been dormant (in-active) for 11 years in our Bank here without any body coming for it. I want to release the fund to you as the nearest person to our deceased customer (the owner of the account) who died a long with his supposed next of kin in air crash since on February 16, 1998. I don't want the fund to go into our Bank treasury as an abandoned fund, so this is the reason why I contacted you, so that my Bank will release the fund to you as the nearest person to the deceased customer.
Please I would like you to keep this proposal as a top secret and delete it if you are not interested. Upon receipt of your reply, I will send you the application form you will fill and send to the bank for transfer of the fund into your bank account and also note that you will have 40% of the above mentioned amount if you agree to help me execute this business.And also 10% had been mapped out for you for the expense you will make in this transaction and 50% is for me. I need your informations so that Iwill send you the application form.
YOUR FULL INFORMATIONS
Your Name,
Your Home Addresses, ,
City, ,
Country, ,
Home Telephone, ,
Private Telephone, ,
Fax No, ,
Marital Status, ,
Sex,
Age, ,
Occupation, ,
Religion, ,
waiting for your urgent response so that we will proceed immediately.
Best Regards,
MR JACOBS SALAMI.

This one is on nairaland, he sent me same thing with a different name.
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Jaqenhghar: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
IsaacBuchi:
undecided

After scamming us of our mineral resources & using our fathers as slave to build their land they now want to crack down on the guys that wants to get back what belongs to their fore fathers... grin

I didn't say anything cool

SMH
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by BreakupNigeria: 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
Ejadike:
so what would now be the end result of this? To get what exactly? After the format what next?
Lol, are you a Nigerian or an American mugu grin That format is just a bait, there are different types (they are all over the net) but they all promise mouth watering irresistible offer shocked shocked Then the greed in the recipient won't allow them to reason well rather they will be seeing the money as already theirs kiss kiss They will get in touch with the yahoo guys, sorry I mean the phantom minister, CBN Governor, Bank manager
, Director etc and they will forward more documents to the maga who now couldn't believe his or her luck tongue tongue Then they will begin their rip-off at this stage by telling the maga about the need to involve a senior advocate of Nigeria who will assist him here in Nigeria, Ghana, Mali etc.
Then the person who is expected to receive millions of dollars will be the one paying thousands of dollars in order to get his millions cry
Yahoo is really bad because even if those that are cheated were motivated by greed it still does not justify being defrauded.
Again, did they say that those fraudsters were arrested in Nigeria by a foreign country??
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Smarkie: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2018
good move
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Fleshofmankind1: 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
madenigga:
I wish the Us wud take this move serious and let other countries copy, china and other asian nations.

If anybody gets swindled even if its in the past as far as theres an account number let them trace the scammer to whatsoever country he is, extradite him and try him.

Let the jail term be a minimum of 10years.

oloriburuku ni eleyi o 10 years be like beans.
Re: US Arrests 74 In Global Email Scam Crack Down - BBC by Josh44s(m): 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
TheUbermensch:
My contention is the US is not ready to battle internet fraud maybe because majority of those engaging in it are not in the country.

Otherwise what will it cost to catch these boys? You think it's by Nord VPN? Smh. They just phish a page and think they are Hackers. Lmao.

The US doesn't just have their time yet. If not in less that a month. Just a month.

You think say Nord na Vpn? Vpn sef nor join. If you know you know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

22-year-old Woman Stabs Salesgirl In Lagos Over N400 Fried Meat (Graphic Pic) / Cultist Caught With A Gun In Bayelsa. Beaten Mercilessly (Photos) / Two Men Struggle, Try To 'Snatch' Rifle From Police Officer In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.