Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? (40768 Views)

Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation? / My Experience Living And Working In Gambia As A Dentist / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by onyeogalu1(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
The type of business you want to do will determine my advice to you
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
rozayx5:
Lagos business

Abuja .. Living

For someone finding his feet Lag is better

You can go to abj when your strong
If you aren't careful Lagos will cut that feet you are finding. I can't reduce my lifespan abeg.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
slapandfall:
The question should be Nigeria and Madagascar which is more convenient to live in and do Business?
But since you want to continue with your yeye yeye question.. Let me answer you

Currently, the answer is Abuja since people are committing suicide in Lagos.

Or take 3rd Mainland Bridge to Abuja.
Or better still, take Bihari to Lagos and Take Ambode to Abuja.
Or take 3rd Mainland bridge to Abuja and bring Zuma rock to Lagos.

Just sha hange something sha...

Funny! cheesy
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Rubbiish(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
hiroz:
Living is obviously abuja, especially if your place of work/business is far from your home.
past 8pm and im still in a bus inside traffic very far from home and in lagos.
living in lagos can give you short life span
@bold True
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by izsmike: 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
Living Abuja.....

Business Lagos

Living and business combine Abuja is way better

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by obonujoker(m): 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2018
As omo eko wey I be.... Lagos is number 1 oh... in business and shelter... My top 3 in Nigeria with respect to your filters are;

1. Lagos

2. Aba

3. Sokoto

I have lived and worked in these three places... Abuja na for private slay queens na... Lagos, and Baba, though, everyday we huzzling...... .
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by dru23(m): 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
OboOlora:
Op, stay in Lagos!!!!!!!!!!!! I repeat, abort mission!!!!!!!!!!!!

These politicians’ children in abuja will make u think Brabus is as cheap as Toyota Camry!

At least in Lagos, they fear SARS and only go out with uber

Oh sorry, u meant business and living not lifestyle.

Pls ignore my contributions

To all my fellow ubers Partners and fellow nairalanders ,this uber drivers dey frustrate your guy... am tired o , I want go into IT full time.. Can you reccomend any IT coy in Lagos that pay well.. I need to transit to another job ...I hear IT is the way and I can get people to partner with me ...let the discussion start I beg
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Espada10: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
If only akwaibom or calabar had a good functional seaport and international airport with embassies ...

we won't be here discussing abuja or lagos. ...no sane person will even be crossing onitsha -asaba bridge.

I will be relating more with cameroonians and other nearby african countries than the 2 toxic cities mentioned above

10 Likes

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by islandmoon: 8:22pm On Jun 12, 2018
beware of SARS men, they are government licensed kidnappers, stay off lagos, they are the new tout here, ragtag men, with raffle using space buses to operate, new reformed tout

no laptop
no smart phone
no jean and tshirt
no alloy wheel
and you must delete any relation contact staying abroad on your phone
or else sars will kidnap you, demand huge ransome and share it within themself, if you decline, the will,beat you blue black

the kidnapping business by men in black for ransome is at its peak now, sars is lucrative

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by DAntivirus: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lagbuja is the most conducive grin

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
SingleDaddy:
Hello! , let's discuss about one of the basic things in life Shelter and Business .

If you're to relocate within Nigeria, which of the states below would you choose?

Lagos

Abuja

Lagos is the top slum.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Uzzi552(m): 8:25pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abuja For D Living; Lagos For D Business
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by PearlStreet(m): 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2018
Espada10:
If only akwaibom or calabar had a good functional seaport and international airport with embassies ...

we won't be here discussing abuja or lagos. ...no sane person will even be crossing onitsha -asaba bridge.

I will be relating more with cameroonians and other nearby african countries than the 2 toxic cities mentioned above

They said Lagos or Abuja and you're mentioning Calabar and even crossing over to Cameroon. Your own case is different.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by eleojo23: 8:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lagos will increase your pocket but reduce your lifespan.
Abuja may or may not not increase your pocket because it's not really a commercial city, but it will increase your lifespan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by uwajeh(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abuja is more conducive for living, Lagos is more conducive for business. Plain and simple. I've lived and worked in both cities so I know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by stilldoingokay(f): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2018
Oritzy:
Let me park here....am so interested.

me too, I have been thinking about this.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Ten06(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
For business it is Lagos, but for living as in conducive it is Abuja
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Misterdhee1(m): 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
Are you an event planner, photographer, Dj, caterer or make up artists interested in top events in Lagos and its environs? If yes, here's a good news! Planit.ng offers you a free platform to meet and negotiate with prospective customers across Lagos. All for free! Rather than depend on words of mouth to market your services, you can take advantage of this unique opportunity to meet with people looking to hire your service at no particular price. All you need to do is to assess http://plant.ng on your laptop or mobile device and register as a vendor.
Your service is unique and we're out to connect you with unique customers!
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by ahiboilandgas: 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2018
SingleDaddy:
Hello! , let's discuss about one of the basic things in life Shelter and Business .

If you're to relocate within Nigeria, which of the states below would you choose?

Lagos

Abuja
business Lagos,living abuja ....futher more it depend on type of business ...govt patronage abuja ...people partronage Lagos.. ..80 percent of nigerian middle class are in lagos hence a concentration of purchasing ability within it enviroment....even area boys and danfo driver are capable of buying bottle water @70 naira

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by teepain: 8:38pm On Jun 12, 2018
dru23:

To all my fellow ubers Partners and fellow nairalanders ,this uber drivers dey frustrate your guy... am tired o , I want go into IT full time.. Can you reccomend any IT coy in Lagos that pay well.. I need to transit to another job ...I hear IT is the way and I can get people to partner with me ...let the discussion start I beg

I think you should make this a topic by itself to gain the necessary traction. I wish you success as you transit from one field to another.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by histemple: 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lagos is a jungle. I repeat, JUNGLE

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by histemple: 8:45pm On Jun 12, 2018
Lagos is a jungle. I repeat, JUNGLE. I thought I knew the meaning of traffic until I stay briefly in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by SmartToyota(m): 8:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
I can tell you a thing or two about competition; it makes you get out of your comfort zone every moment because the competitor/s are thinking of new ways to maximize profit & if possible beat you in that niche already created. This alone makes you want to do more in a profitable way. With all the millions of competition here in Lagos, there's still huge market space to tap into. I can't say so for Abj.
aywhy93:

Well, it depends on the type of business and targeted audience. My type of business fits into Abuja as there are lots of competition in Lagos. Satisfaction is available at both locations, one with stress and the other without. So I'll still choose Abuja.
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by killemslim(m): 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
All those people advicing and saying they've lived and worked in both cities, what chased you guys?? Sack or environment??

OP you did not state the type of business you're into tho but from living experience in Lagos I'll say if you can't adapt to competition and Streesssssssss then Lagos is a no no. If your business is something related to instant services (customer based)you can create your nitch anywhere, so save yourself ur health and spend a little more settling in Abuja. Remember health is wealth.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by BabaIbo: 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
None of the above, I dey find money make I travel out jaare.

Canada or Switzerland or Australia or Germany on my mind

Presently in Lagos
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Trexnemesis(m): 8:53pm On Jun 12, 2018
slapandfall:
The question should be Nigeria and Madagascar which is more convenient to live in and do Business?

But since you want to continue with your yeye yeye question.. Let me answer you

Currently, the answer is Abuja since people are committing suicide in Lagos but if you want to make it Lagos, then
Take 3rd Mainland Bridge to Abuja.
Or better still, take Buhari to Lagos and Take Ambode to Abuja.
Or take 3rd Mainland bridge to Abuja and bring Zuma rock to Lagos.

Just sha change something sha...

Honestly, you need to reduce the size of the wrap you smoke o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by skales67(m): 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2018
SingleDaddy:

That's good sir. But what kind of business would thrive in Abuja. Lagos is over saturated with various works and businesses, and you would hardly grow in such place.

A lot of friends advised me to relocate to Abuja, as that would be much more preferable to Lagos state.

Bro...if you want to grow, relocate to Abuja. Like you said, Lagos is saturated and in a particular street, like 2 or 3 persons is already into what you are doing.

Secondly, almost every venture is underpriced in Lagos unlike Abuja. Do what you do outstandingly in Abuja and people will throw big bucks at you.

I know what I am saying. I am a witness!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by blessedqueen(f): 8:57pm On Jun 12, 2018
hiroz:
Living is obviously abuja, especially if your place of work/business is far from your home.
past 8pm and im still in a bus inside traffic very far from home in lagos.only God knows when ill get home.
i left home this morning at 5:30am to meet up with work resumption time of 7:30 and i was late..this is a journey that will take me 30 minutes in a state like Edo..see traffic before 6am when people in other states are just moving into gear 4 of their sleep..
living in lagos can give you short life span..
i grew up in benin city, it was when i started working in lagos i began developing migrane headaches for the first time in my life
lagos for business, abuja may also be more conducive depending on your target market..

lol.....I don laugh die for here
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by justmi1: 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
If you have good money, relocate to abuja and start a bakery, laundry shop or a good restaurant. Thank me later. Grew up in Lagos. If you want to live come to Abuja cos people don't live in Lagos, people die there. Stress in Lagos is killing.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by Adbiz(m): 8:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
Nice thread...
An average nigerian lives 70 to 80yrs (life span). As a hustler, why choose to live where your life span could be shotten by enoumous stress? A place where you hardly spend time with your loved ones? If you want to enjoy life with your loved ones ABUJA is your best bet.
Talking about business, Abuja is not bad for business too. Tho it depends on the nature of your business and the targeted audience like some people already pointed out.

#lessstresinabj
#lessstressplentymoney
Re: Abuja Or Lagos: Which Is More Conducive For Living And Business? by safarigirl(f): 9:01pm On Jun 12, 2018
Pavore9:
Neither, having been born and raised in Lagos it holds no allure to me nor Abuja. My dream location is Nsukka, Enugu State as there is so much potentials there.
bros, you sabi.

Lagos and Abuja are overrated, even Ibadan better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

11 Things Only Nigerians Will Think Are Funny / Visa Denied / Share Your Nigeria To Abroad Stories Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.