Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

5 Biggest Technology Myths - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 5 Biggest Technology Myths (27859 Views)

5 Biggest Misconception Nigerian Have About Online Purchases And E-commerce / BLOOD MOON: Myths And Superstitious Beliefs From Around The World / Common Most Believed Technology Myths And Misconceptions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Biggest Technology Myths by Jacktheripper: 5:11am On Jun 13, 2018
1. APPLE LAPTOPS ARE THE BEST FOR PROGRAMMING /MACS ARE BETTER THAN THE PCS: Macs are just swag, and programmers like to carry them just for the trend of it. We’ve attached the higher price of Mac to mean higher quality. However, there’s no data backing the fact that an Apple MacBook is better for programming, and don’t try to pull the no-virus card → . Definitely, there are Macs that are better than some PCs but the case is also vice versa.

2.UPDATES MAKES YOUR PHONE FASTER
Nothing could be further from the truth. A patch for a bug fix or to clear up a security issue will help your device protected nonetheless. But OS and frequent app updates creates heavier apps that require powerful hardware compatibility. That’s the reason your phone gets slower.
Just update the necessary apps, and help your phone for optimized performance. You’ll be amazed by the results.

3.FREE WI-FI
Your information and usage is the price you pay, hence it’s not free. When unencrypted, the whole network could be compromised leading to snooping your private information and monitor all your activities especially to steal your online banking details like internet banking, Amazon wallet and pay-pal free Wi-Fi is the best bet.
It can not only be monitored by the hotspot provider but also for everyone within the Wi-Fi range. So an eavesdropper can position himself between you and the hotspot. Once the eavesdropper has your information, he can — at his leisure — access your systems as if he were you.

4.PRIVATE /INCOGNITO BROWSING KEEPS YOU ANONYMOUS -There’s a misconception that “incognito” and “private” are synonymous with anonymous. If you’re using Incognito Mode in Google Chrome or Private browsing in Safari, it simply means the browser won’t keep track of your history, import your bookmarks, or automatically log into any of your accounts. Basically, it's good for keeping other people who use your computer from seeing what you've been doing. But it won’t keep your identity hidden from the sites you visit or your ISP — so keep that in mind if you’re visiting sites you shouldn’t be.

5 MORE MEGAPIXELS ALWAYS MEANS A BETTER CAMERA
What’s the difference between 12 megapixel cameras and 8 megapixel cameras? Not much, as it turns out. The quality of an image is determined in large part by how much light the sensor is able to take in. Bigger sensors may come with larger pixels, and the larger the pixel the more light it can absorb. So, it’s really the size of the pixels that matter as much or more than the sheer number of pixels. (A megapixel is simply shorthand for a million pixels.)

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Oyetboy(m): 5:44am On Jun 13, 2018
Good write up. I'm ftc tongue
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by redangel2017: 5:44am On Jun 13, 2018
Lol Na lie?
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Sijo01(f): 5:45am On Jun 13, 2018
*yawnssss...... Good morning Nigerians

4 Likes

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by reliableme: 5:46am On Jun 13, 2018
we done hear
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by JohnQueen(m): 5:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Number 4 got me like. Those of us that like visiting some x sites

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by dafeyankee: 5:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Good morning

To

All my fellow Jobless people.

It go better.

Nice write up. Even if I did not read the article, JohnQueen has explained everything.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Prinxxdave: 5:47am On Jun 13, 2018
Sijo01:

morning dear
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Hakeem12(m): 5:48am On Jun 13, 2018
Spot on
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Akshow: 5:48am On Jun 13, 2018
Issorait. Who all this one hep?
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Fatasy(m): 5:48am On Jun 13, 2018
SAKA-MANJE

3 Likes

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by davedan88(m): 5:48am On Jun 13, 2018
wow that's interesting

1 Like

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Itzogunsakin(m): 5:50am On Jun 13, 2018
Oh lawd. I never knew number 2.

I have a newly approved UK adsense for sale at a very cheap price call/WhatsApp 090-64-17604-2
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by DIYhackers: 5:52am On Jun 13, 2018
Who wouldn't believe 4 and 5
If you want to learn blogging, check my signature now
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Jayboot(m): 5:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Nigerians with brains that are not properly working.. well we are still trying to activate it sha... white man Don even dy reach level of Shutting down Dia brains.. coz e Don too work
angry

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by pressplay411(m): 5:56am On Jun 13, 2018
The Free wifi bit tho. Nothing is free, awoof dey run belle.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Sabadon(m): 5:56am On Jun 13, 2018
op is it really a myth? or facts nice info tho

2 Likes

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Nobody: 5:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Ok
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by DIYhackers: 5:56am On Jun 13, 2018
Sijo01:
good morning citizen *stretches.........
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by echepops(m): 5:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Dope
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by DhatPeacefuldud(m): 5:58am On Jun 13, 2018
Mehn, I disagree with number 3
What's free is free tongue
Anyway, World Cup is upon us and I'm supporting my beloved country, Federal Republic of West Brom, to the fullest cool

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Explorers(m): 5:58am On Jun 13, 2018
nice

1 Like

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by calculator123(m): 5:59am On Jun 13, 2018
This are the kind of threads NL was known for not the kinda bull shit threads we see gracing FP

11 Likes

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by calculator123(m): 6:00am On Jun 13, 2018
DhatPeacefuldud:
Mehn, I disagree with number 3 What's free is free tongue
Nothing is free even in freetown.

1 Like

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Nobody: 6:02am On Jun 13, 2018
Number 3 Is Very Correct

Yes in the expense of taking your data.
Most of them can actually set up log on there system and it fetches them sites you got to, even get the password and username you typed in to log in.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by calculator123(m): 6:02am On Jun 13, 2018
Akshow:
Issorait. Who all this one hep?
E help me you hear. I used to believe some of those myths up there. Especially the myth1

1 Like

Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Tolams16(m): 6:03am On Jun 13, 2018
Pls i beg u in the name of God. Watch, like and comment sometin on this video. https://www.instagram.com/p/BjfarDlh--h/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1meuxjyfuownl Pls help me to win, abeg!! As you do this may God surprise you this month. (Amen). Thank you.
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Exwizard: 6:05am On Jun 13, 2018
am not happy with this
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 13, 2018
grin
Re: 5 Biggest Technology Myths by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:07am On Jun 13, 2018
Technology is bae!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Constructs Local Car With Condemned Parts He Picked From Trash / NASA Rover "Perseverance" Lands On Mars After 7 Months / 10 Cool Things About Stars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.