Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings (4704 Views)

4 Tips For Raising Your Search Engine Rankings / How Website Errors Affect Search Engine Rankings / 5 Tips To Improve Your Search Engine Rankings In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 6:04am On Jun 13, 2018
Good day, I bet many people do not know how to improve search engine rankings of their blog even after spending years in the blogosphere world.
First let me tell you what search ranking is. Search engine ranking refers to the position at which a particular site appears in the results of a search engine query.
According to Moz, Ranking refers to where a URL appears on a SERP (Search Engine Result Page ). A site is said to have a high ranking when it appears at or near the top of the list of results. For instance, in the Google search if you website is not ranking in the first page then there is every possibility you won't get search traffic that's why today, I would be teaching you how I made my website rank to Google first page in 2 days. You too can do that.

Have you tried a lot of methods to push your blog posts to front page, but all those methods are not worth it or are failing, well look no more for other methods because I'd be sharing some secrets with you about putting your blog or website to the front page of Google, Bing, Yahoo and other search engines.

TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR SEARCH ENGINE RANKINGS
Here are some guaranteed quick tips I've been using on my blog. The one and only way to improve in rankings is:

Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Truth be told, you need to work on your Search engine optimization and it Improves your search engine rankings.

SEO refers to the overall method Search engines is using to put your website or blog into their index pages. For instance, let's say you are a blogger in the tech or blogging niche. Without SEO, if people search for phrases like "improve SEO," "How SEO helps blog," or "Search engine optimization," you may rank somewhere around page 8, or may not even rank at all. But with an ongoing SEO package, your ranking will increase, and with it your improve your blog presence and visibility.

HOW TO USE AND IMPROVE SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION OF A BLOG

1. Improve Website Speed
Actually, Google and other search engines compares your site to your competitors on a specific segment and attributes a bonus point whether you are the fastest. There a factors that helps to know how fast your website loads. It takes in account the country, device or network.
So, there is a few factors you should focus on to improve your page speed. People often ask, what lowers your website speed. Here are some of it:

1. Heavy Images
2. Host
3. Unoptimized pluggins, browser or apps
4. Too many ads
5. Embedded external media
6. Your theme or templates
7. Widgets
8. CSS

2. ON-PAGE SEO
On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing your individual web pages or blog posts in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a page that can be optimized, Using the right Infographics in blog post also makes a good On-page SEO as opposed to off-page SEO which refers to links and other external signals. On-page SEO has changed over the years, so it's important to keep up with the latest practices.

3. BUILDING LINKS
Who knows about building links here? If you know about it, I'll better advice you not to build links with a search engine of lower Domain Authority(DA). You can build links with a website or blog with DA above 40
Link building is the process of earning links on other websites. Natural links directly improve the reputation of a website and where it ranks in Google, and other search engines. Self-made links are risky and come with high risk of penalisation by the Google webspam team.
Link building can be a very risky strategy in 2018, and one that I would avoid until you have (at least) first dealt with the inevitable quality issues on your website. If your business or website content is not attracting organic links or social shares you may have a big problem on your hands, and unnatural links will not help you in the long run. So you need to be careful with building links.

LAST THOUGHTS

I believe that the above steps if taken appropriately will improve your search engine rankings, presence and traffic. If you have any questions feel free to use the comment box.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 6:05am On Jun 13, 2018
cheesy I hope this information helps newbies

source: http://www.daretechy.com.ng
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by owomida1: 7:16am On Jun 13, 2018
I still don't understand. embarassed

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 7:21am On Jun 13, 2018
owomida1:
What don't you understand sir?
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Diamondwriter(m): 7:21am On Jun 13, 2018
owomida1:
I find this more useful:
https://medium.com/@ikhaloe/how-to-take-your-website-from-domain-authority-1-to-60-in-no-time-a21a102c77b4
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by uneeking(m): 7:22am On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks for this post. It surely helped.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Diamondwriter(m): 7:23am On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:
cheesy I hope this information helps newbies

source: http://www.daretechy.com.ng/2018/06/how-i-improved-my-blog-search-engine.html
Quick thought: You could make the steps more actionable and real time screen shots help.
All the same, I like ur blog idea. You on whatsapp?
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Admin1992: 7:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Nobody: 7:25am On Jun 13, 2018
Whats ur blog ranking ogbeni
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Dghetto: 7:26am On Jun 13, 2018
My blog is 3months now, but I build links.... Please will it affect me and please help me check my DA
https://ghettovoice.com
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 7:26am On Jun 13, 2018
yeyerolling:
Whats ur blog ranking ogbeni
It's a new blog bro. Check it out it has only two articles
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 7:28am On Jun 13, 2018
Diamondwriter:

Quick thought: You could make the steps more actionable and real time screen shots help.
All the same, I like ur blog idea. You on whatsapp?
Yes, check my signature
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by owomida1: 7:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:

What don't you understand sir?

Everything sir.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:

It's a new blog bro. Check it out it has only two articles
and ur here giving tips. U must be a joke

3 Likes

Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 7:34am On Jun 13, 2018
Dghetto:
My blog is 3months now, but I build links.... Please will it affect me and please help me check my DA

Quite impressive.
DA = 12
PA = 16
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 7:35am On Jun 13, 2018
yeyerolling:
and ur here giving tips. U must be a joke
You're confused bro. Your moniker just told me!
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2018
owomida1:
Everything sir.

It would be easier if you can say what part you do not understand. If you are still confused then you can contact me on my signature or use the Google search button for those things you find hard to comprehend
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Ebuscoee(m): 7:48am On Jun 13, 2018
Can you drop your phone number, I would like to discuss with you
Dghetto:
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by pinkcottoncandy: 7:54am On Jun 13, 2018
Just focus on writing unique great content and give ur article 3 months to rank well..

Stay away from link building...if u nor wan find google trouble
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Ebuscoee(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2018
What's DA ....... And explain more about building links
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by directonpc(m): 8:04am On Jun 13, 2018
As usual, making first page here is easy

1 Like

Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 8:07am On Jun 13, 2018
Ebuscoee:
What's DA ....... And explain more about building links
Domain authority(DA) is how well a website will perform in search queries. The higher your DA, the higher you are gonna rank. You'll wonder sometimes why you and a competitor uses same keywords and they still outrank you in Search engines, it's because they have higher domain authority.
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by DIYhackers: 8:16am On Jun 13, 2018
If you want to learn blogging, send me a PM or check my signature
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Jameskyrian(m): 8:17am On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:

Domain authority(DA) is how well a website will perform in search queries. The higher your DA, the higher you are gonna rank. You'll wonder sometimes why you and a competitor uses same keywords and they still outrank you in Search engines, it's because they have higher domain authority.

I'd say that i found the post interesting although i wouldn't say i quite understood all.... I'd appreciate if you teach me how to check my DA and others.... How did you mean by building links?

Forgive my ignorance though a blogger for quite a longer time.

Check out my blog
www.jkcyno.com
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by henrypsexy(m): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2018
Impressive help me check out the da and pa
For my two site
www.jeoworld.com
www.amebo9ja.com
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 9:24am On Jun 13, 2018
Check our signature and call us or click the WhatsApp chat link to chat us DIRECTLY - 08027390046
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 9:34am On Jun 13, 2018
henrypsexy:
Impressive help me check out the da and pa
For my two site
www.jeoworld.com
www.amebo9ja.com

You can always check your domain authority via https://smallseotools.com/domain-authority-checker/

cc: Jameskyrian
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Jameskyrian(m): 11:06am On Jun 13, 2018
Itzogunsakin:

You can always check your domain authority via https://smallseotools.com/domain-authority-checker/

cc: Jameskyrian

Thanks.... Let's talk more on ur whatsapp
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by Itzogunsakin(m): 12:19pm On Jun 13, 2018
Jameskyrian:

Thanks.... Let's talk more on ur whatsapp
OK, check my signature to connect with me
Re: How To Improve Your Blog Search Engine Rankings by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2018
Thanks OP
Your article is really productive to me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Web Design Companies In Abuja / Should Parents Be Held Responsible For Their Child’s Online Behavior? / Help! I Have Not Gotten My Shipped Payoneer Debit Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.