Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post (38994 Views)

I Was Impressed With This Young Man's Explanation About Nigerian Scammers(pictur / Jeffrey Apkovweta Ewohime Destroyed Cars At Nigerian High Commission London / 20-Year-Old UNILAG Student Dies At Nigerian Defence Academy, Family Kicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Slimsly100(f): 11:15am On Jun 13, 2018
Oh laaawwwwwd!!! Breeze don't blow, fowl nyash don't open oooo!!!!
Umu G, ndo nu!!!
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by madridguy(m): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2018
You're right.

frugal:

What are those tools?

From the report, it clearly says:
Internet
Domain names (spoofing*)
Business emails (spoofing*)
Malware*
VPN/proxy servers
Wire transfer instructions

How can you stop these without affecting those who use them for legitimate businesses?

We need to invest in technology. If the Nigerian government was doing half of what the US is doing, fraud rate wouldn't be this high.

The IT industry in Nigeria is threatened by this dangerous narrative, and rather than feel indifferent like it doesn't affect us or sit and wait for the Government, we need to come together to fight this.

* to denote illegal.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by TheAngry1: 11:30am On Jun 13, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

My grandfather with his school leaving certificate was more educated and self sufficient than many graduates today. He has a job all his working life. Now masters and some phd applicants lack jobs.
Nigerians do not lack integrity, they lack opportunity.

Your grandfather did not have opportunity, he created it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by White007(m): 11:30am On Jun 13, 2018
awoofawoo:

You dey mind those racist Oyinbo! Dem go dey protect their folks and be exposing only Black.

Big time multi-billion scams were committed by the white..........which are always given some funky high grammar sounding words!

cheesy

High grammar like PONZI and the rest of whatever they call it. Americans are just baffled at how a third world country is beating them at their own game. The unfortunate part of all this Is, the phenomenon is not going to stop soon, it has taken a very world wide dimension. A lot of young and vibrant population of Africans are delving into it each day to escape poverty. To stop this menace African leaders especially Nigerian government should provide skilled and non skilled jobs to a teeming youth who are leaving school each year without any job to look forward to.

5 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by pafo(m): 11:35am On Jun 13, 2018
Na so one send me mail tell me say him na Director of CIA. Me sef na president of USA.

MUmu people dem! How they scam anyone os beyond me.

5 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by mrpopsy: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2018
They are part of those that poisoned our democracy let them bear the consequences......This is just the beginning

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by LIVEBYTRUTH: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:
When Noble Igwe made a clarion call here, many of you on this platform almost ate the brave man up. We don't know the impact of 419 on our global image, some of you here don't even have a clue. If you ever have the opportunity to travel out of Africa for work or study, you will wish that every Yahoo guy or girl be hanged; including every drug peddler. Some of us work hard for the money we get, while some nitwits tarnish our work with their greed, it gat to stop!

You are very right, including the white criminals who in the early years received and hid money for the African/Nigeria corrupt rulers/Politithiefians , Military officers, don't forget the ghost workers who bank our common wealth with overseas banks, The white criminals that sell illegal arms to our criminals, kill them all

5 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by yourwish: 11:41am On Jun 13, 2018
It only hurts me that some of this scammers are scamming africans sad

When the came to Africa and took our parents to build there cities and work in there sugar cane plantation who did the tell or ask? The scammed us and even robbed us of our pride which is now selling millions of £$.

400 years of slavery them never pay grin

5 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by sunboy(m): 12:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
Hmmm last time I checked, the Nigerian prince who was caught in Texas was a white man sad everything scam is not Nigeria originated sad oh! Nigeria my country �

4 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by ElsonMorali: 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2018
DonPiiko:
Afonja can never change

Oponu. Gloria Okolie is Afonja right?

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:
When Noble Igwe made a clarion call here, many of you on this platform almost ate the brave man up. We don't know the impact of 419 on our global image, some of you here don't even have a clue. If you ever have the opportunity to travel out of Africa for work or study, you will wish that every Yahoo guy or girl be hanged; including every drug peddler. Some of us work hard for the money we get, while some nitwits tarnish our work with their greed, it gat to stop!

bros they dont know,sometimes i deny even coming from africa when am out...your cool with peeps and immediately you tell them ur nigeria they start acting all funny with you ,
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:

Your grandfather did not have opportunity, he created it.

So you now know more about my grandfather than me ?
Whatever rocks your boat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by SoNature(m): 12:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
iceberryose:
They call it Nigerian Fraud?
That's laughable.
Nigerians make just a thin percentage of people that are feeding fat on scam.
Majority of scammers are Americans themselves. Just log on to any sales site and see how Americans sell fake and non existent goods.
I'm not saying this isn't an ill to our national identity but I think the US should also blame their citizens not always Nigerians.

This is not true. Nigerians clone American accounts to get people to trust them.

Nigeria has the highest population of scammers in the world!
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by SoNature(m): 12:14pm On Jun 13, 2018
iceberryose:
That's laughable.
Majority of scammers are Americans themselves. Just log on to any sales site and see how Americans sell fake and non existent goods.
I'm not saying this isn't an ill to our national identity but I think the US should also blame their citizens not always Nigerians.

This is not true. Nigerians clone American accounts to get people to trust them.

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by ykalhaji(m): 12:18pm On Jun 13, 2018
Please stop calling this yahoo or yahoo plus... That is for small boys. This is Wire-Wire.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by yourwish: 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
SoNature:

Now the big question is who started fraud?

My answer the Westerners started it when the sailed there boat to the shores of Africa

3 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by 01mcfadden(m): 12:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
iceberryose:
That's laughable.

Those parading themselves as Americans there, majority of them are Nigerians.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Iamthoney(m): 12:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
All those stunts wey FBI dey pull for American movies can't their real life FBI team learn from it?
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by dajoaneke(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2018
okwabayi:
Each sentence is a full paragraph. Why are Americans so intellectually lazy?

The story is old. There's nothing new here. It's only another old piece of information rehashed as new.
Guy, are you into data encryption security or just playing around with words?
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2018
jaymichael:
Ogbeni leave that slavery story. Who sold our people into slavery? is it not the same blacks that sold fellow blacks into slavery for gun, gin and mirrors? The whites preyed on the inherent greed and primordial selfishness of our ancestors. The greed and selfishness is still evident in our characters and nature although in other forms in which bad leadership and unpatriotic citizenry is are part of.

Glad to see someone who is also knowledgeable about the role our ancestors also played as regards Slave Trade especially the ones from West Africa unlike Menelik II of Ethiopia who was smart enough to recognize what was important which saw the defeat of the Italians unlike the ancestors from West Africa that obviously thought their "Jazz" would do the job while exchanging their fellow black brothers for mundane stuffs like Mirrors, Gin, etc. No be today our greed and mumu don start. I weep when I read these stories. This has obviously continued till today where most of our ignorant people exchange our collective future for 500Naira, tribalism, ethno-religious differences and voting in bad leaders.

Menelik II was very cunning courting France and the Italians while stockpiling what was important( the Weapons) and when the Italians waged war. They were defeated by Menelik II and his men. Menelik II went on to begin the process of modernizing Ethiopia.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by okwabayi(m): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2018
dajoaneke:
Guy, are you into data encryption security or just playing around with words?
I play around with synonyms. It makes my writing fresh and interesting.

1 Like

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by jaymichael(m): 1:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
John360GROUP:

Glad to see someone who is also knowledgeable about the role our ancestors also played as regards Slave Trade especially the ones from West Africa unlike Menelik II of Ethiopia who was smart enough to recognize what was important which saw the defeat of the Italians unlike the ancestors from West Africa that obviously thought their "Jazz" would do the job while exchanging their fellow black brothers for mundane stuffs like Mirrors, Gin, etc. No be today our greed and mumu don start. I weep when I read these stories. This has obviously continued till today where most of our ignorant people exchange our collective future for 500Naira, tribalism, ethno-religious differences and voting in bad leaders.

Menelik II was very cunning courting France and the Italians while stockpiling what was important( the Weapons) and when the Italians waged war. They were defeated by Menelik II and his men. Menelik II went on to begin the process of modernizing Ethiopia.
True, have you wondered why majority of the slaves were Westerners and Easterners in which Yourubas and Igbos constitute the majority? You don't hear of Edo or Bini slaves because it is forbidden in Bini to sell a fellow Bini into slavery. We have absolutely no excuses as we sold ourselves cheaply into slavery. A lot of us sadly are still in (mental) slavery to the warped thinking and thought processes of our minds.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by mikolo4us: 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
I just keep laughing, Americans like to legitimize whatever Bleep they do. The invasion of Iraq all in the name of looking for nuclear weapon was legitimize, training of Osama Bin Laden to fight Russians in the Afghan hills was legitimized, killing of defenseless Muslims in Bosnia was legitimize and the massive movement of Abacha wealth was legitimize. I think Americans are only angry with the fact that black monkeys are stealing their money...lol

Well I don't support fraud or anything. But I just want to see the end of America that's why I support Russia in everything they do be it good or bad.

If you cover the Libay, Iraqi and Syrian stories you will hate America and the west for who they are
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Hakeem12(m): 1:11pm On Jun 13, 2018
madridguy:
It is so unfortunate the FBI are just babbling. To stop Nigeria scams, you must first block avenue at which they're getting tools to perpetrate their job.
block avenues? There's always the black market na.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by babeosisi: 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2018
If a grown man with wife and kids can be convinced to give the entire proceeds of his business plus his only vehicle to his church and pastor,Nigerians are capable of any type of scam.
They use the name of God to run scams,na wetin they no fit use.
Many responding and condemning are victims of scam artists and don't even know it.
Everyone is looking to outscam the other.
If the man calls himself a prophet,you will even beg him to collect the money and "speak over" your lives.
Nigerians need freedom from their own scammers within more than Americans need from Nigerian scammers.
In fact scamming is endorsed and promoted by the victims sef.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 13, 2018
Them Ali baba bois grin
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by boujeeassnigga(m): 3:12pm On Jun 13, 2018
aguiyi2:
It is really a pity.The sad aspect of it is that they now have a pet name in Nigeria *G boys* and the ladies go gaga about them.They rob others of their money just like armed robbers do and I think they all should be classified as same.The rituals involved (both animal and human) Is a story for another day.
Exactly. And the annoying part is after stealing the monies they won't even care to make anonymous donations to orphanages or something. So sad
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
yourwish:
It only hurts me that some of this scammers are scamming africans sad

When the came to Africa and took our parents to build there cities and work in there sugar cane plantation who did the tell or ask? The scammed us and even robbed us of our pride which is now selling millions of £$.

400 years of slavery them never pay grin

They didn't come to take your parents. Your ancestors sold their fellow tribesmen into slavery. The overwhelming majority of slaves shipped across the Atlantic came from niggas selling fellow niggas to oyinbo men. They don't owe you anything and don't have to pay you anything. The descendants of those slaves living today in America, Europe and even Latin America consider themselves lucky they weren't born in the shiithole called Africa.

For the clowns that think Yahoo boys are some means of wealth distribution from oyinbo land, rid yourselves of your delusions. Scammers are evil people who destroy lives. I have a cousin that nearly committed suicide after he was scammed of his life savings in a business venture gone wrong. I've been scammed myself of a significant sum by someone who impersonated a very close cousin of mine. Scammers are evil people. If you've ever been dealt with by one, or if you've ever seen opportunities abroad lost or hindered because you're from a nation of scammers, you would wish every scammer caught are hanged or face a firing squad.

They're not nearly as smart as they think they are too. If they were, they would find productive ways to make money other thn building their lives off the destruction of others.

3 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Jimmy231: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
TheAngry1:

With blood money and dirty bills you got from scamming innocent hard working people? May God punish you! Oloshi!
you have been punish with poverty already. Were traveler
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2018
White007:

High grammar like PONZI and the rest of whatever they call it. Americans are just baffled at how a third world country is beating them at their own game. The unfortunate part of all this Is, the phenomenon is not going to stop soon, it has taken a very world wide dimension. A lot of young and vibrant population of Africans are delving into it each day to escape poverty. To stop this menace African leaders especially Nigerian government should provide skilled and non skilled jobs to a teeming youth who are leaving school each year without any job to look forward to.

Loool... grin Nigerians are learners when it comes to cyber crime. Their notoriety is based on quantity, rather than quality. For every oyinbo woman who they may succeed in scamming with all those nonsense emails and phishing sites, they attempt hundreds of unsuccessful operations. That frequency is how everybody gets to know the "Nigerian Prince scam". Real cybercrime artists are from the US, Russia, China, even places like Iran and North Korea. Those are the ones who target international organizations and banks and corporations and government utilities etc. Nigerians are learners.

2 Likes

Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by John902(m): 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2018
I think the whites men own Africa reparations... I'm not for or against scams,check it bruh and watch the History of Colonialism I think you come back to yo senses then.
Re: It’s Time To Stop Laughing At Nigerian Scammers — Washington Post by Cowbuhari: 4:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
White007:

i love you bro no HOMO!!!

those oyibo peepz are simply greedy thats all, many of them wanna reap where they didn't sow..i tell you am a Nigerian prince bla bla bla offering you 30% for using your acc to move money and you blive, how then is it my fault?..maga fall i chop simple!!

koreans chinese russians and americans themselves are the real scammers...if you wanna kee a dog just give it a bad name, thats what they r doing to Nigeria

politicians r the cause of our bad image outside tha con3..not Hon gee bois

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Tricks Used By Car Thieves Exposed By EFCC / SARS Rejects Hausa Man Caught Stealing LED TV In Rivers State (Photos) / Chinese Man Arrested For Calling Kenya's President, Black People Monkeys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.