Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

How To Graduate With A 2:1 Or First Class After A Bad Start - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Graduate With A 2:1 Or First Class After A Bad Start (695 Views)

Auchi Polytechnic Student Crawls Into Her Class After Arriving Late (Pix, Video) / Can One Graduate With First Class After Failing A Course? / UNN Lecturer Teaches An Empty Class After Chasing Out All Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Graduate With A 2:1 Or First Class After A Bad Start by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2018
Breathe. Relax. You are here because you are panicking and losing your mind over your last semester results. Your dreams of getting a 2:1 or first class seems to be slipping away and you are looking for a way out.

The first thing you need to know is irrespective of how bad your 100 level results are you can still work towards a 2:1 or first class with the application of the following tips. In some cases a 2:1 will be the best bet while in some a first class can still be possible.

However, if you follow these tips judiciously you will graduate with at least a 2:1.

Let’s get into it!

1. Throw out all the negativity and pessimism and believe you can you do it: If you do not believe you can get a 2:1 or a first class everything listed here will be fruitless. This is because it is your belief that will make you work hard. It is your belief that will make you wake up in the night to read. It is your belief that will make you try harder than normal. So believe that this will work for you and you will not be tensed or have unnecessary blank outs or write rubbish in the exam hall. Most first-class students are actually very calm as they strongly believe in their abilities. I did and it helped me.

2. Change your friends: [/b]Your friends are most likely are the reasons for your grades. As a first class graduate, I can tell you that a large part of my success can be traced to my supportive, focused and ambitious friends. The quality of your friends greatly improves your grades. A coursemate of mine who started really badly in 100 level and 200l, changed his friends and started moving with my crew, by the end of 400 level he moved up to a strong 2:1 from a very low second class lower. This is because he read with us, rubbed minds with us and in the process, it improved his reading style and his questions answering style.

[b]3. Analyse the courses you did badly in with the input of students who did well in them:
You need to understand why you failed the courses you failed. Was it because you didn’t write the answers well? Was it because you didn’t understand the question? Was it because you made a mistake? Was it because the stories were too long? The answers to these questions will help you know how best to answer questions in class and to know what each lecturer wants. This is because you will most likely meet those same lecturers again. It could also be your illegible handwriting. Can people read your writing?

Read the full article here: http://mobizone.ng/graduate-21-first-class-bad-start/

(1) (Reply)

DISCOVERED: Pass Any Dragnet Internship Test / WES Recent Update For Nigerians / How Were The Percentages Gotten ? First Correct Answer Gets 1k Airtime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.