Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,582 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

OBJ Thought We Will Be President Forever, I Would've Arrested Him If I Were PMB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Thought We Will Be President Forever, I Would've Arrested Him If I Were PMB (343 Views)

Wike Would've Been PDP Presidential Candidate, His Friend Betrayed Him — Wamako / ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel / Femi FaniKayode: If Cows Were Affected By Coronavirus, What Buhari Would've Done (2) (3) (4)

(1)

OBJ Thought We Will Be President Forever, I Would've Arrested Him If I Were PMB by Upritman(m): 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2018
A former Labour Leader and Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, has revealed that he would have arrested ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo if he were to be occupying Buhari's position as Nigeria’s president.

He wondered why Obasanjo who arrested, detained and maltreated many Nigerians even the very innocent ones should now be afraid of similar treatments.

Oshiomhole urged President Muhammadu Buhari to probe and arrest the former president “if he has committed any offence”.

This Day quotes Oshiomhole to have made the comment on Tuesday at an event held in honour of late MKO Abiola’s family.

Oshiomhole who recalled how Obasanjo wanted to turn Nigeria into Zimbabwe through his failed third term bid said he had warned the former Nigerian Leader in his days of supremacy that u won't remain president of Nigeria forever.

“He should be arrested if he has committed any offence. He arrested many of us. So, if we are celebrating Chief Gani Fawehinmi, we have compelling reasons to do so. In all of these, we didn’t pay any money to Gani or Falana. They defended us pro bono.

“Gani is not here today, but his spirit is here. Falana is here and today, I am standing. Even the president who was in charge then, he is now complaining that they want to harass him. He was harassing me and he got me arrested.

“He thought he himself would not be arrested? If I were the president I would arrest him. We are all Nigerians. I remember one day I told him, I said ‘President Obasanjo, we made you president. You did not make me a Nigerian.

“’You are our creation; I am not your creation. You must listen’. But he thought he would be in power forever and he tried to take us on the way to Zimbabwe.

“He was a reluctant Head of State, became president for two terms and he wanted to do a third term because a cockroach licking palm oil would never lick enough”, Oshiomhole said.

It may interest you to know that the former governor is seeking election as the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and enjoys the sole support of President Muhammadu Buhari.

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/06/obasanjo-thought-he-would-be-president.html?m=1

Re: OBJ Thought We Will Be President Forever, I Would've Arrested Him If I Were PMB by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 13, 2018
crap
Re: OBJ Thought We Will Be President Forever, I Would've Arrested Him If I Were PMB by Mynd44: 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2018

(1)

Over 2,000 Idps Return To Their Communities In Borno – Army / Security Tightened As El-zakzaky’s Trial Is Set To Commence / Why I Will Not Challenge Buhari In 2019 - Senator Bukar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.