Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,827 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel (18172 Views)

NOI/ANAP Poll Results Since 2011 (Pictures) / Regina Fani-Kayode: I’m Still Married To Fani-Kayode / We Shall Rebuild The Destroyed Places Of Worship Affected Since 2011- El Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by NwekeUG(m): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2020
#EndSARS: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 After Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Edo Judicial Panel (Photo)

The father of a victim of human right abuse, Isaac Edoh, on Thursday, November 5, informed the Edo State Judicial Panel of Inquiry for victims of human right abuse from operatives of the defunct Special Anti-Robbery Squad, that he is yet to see his son, Baba Edoh, after he was arrested by the police in the state since 2011, IgbereTV reports.

Speaking during the panel’s hearing in Benin city, Edoh who hails from Benue State, said the last time he saw his son, was inside a cell of the Edo State Police command in 2011. The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) officer said he was yet to ascertain whether his son is alive or dead.

He said his son was an undergraduate of English Literature, Usman Dan Fodio University, Sokoto before he was allegedly killed by the police.

“In June 2011, I received an anonymous call from the State Criminal Investigation Department of Edo State Police command that my son was arrested along Auchi road for alleged kidnapping.''he said.

Edoh said when he reached the station from his base in Lagos, he saw him lying in his pool of blood apparently from physical assault and inhuman treatment melted on him by the police.

“I tried speaking with him but was disallowed by the officers on duties despite knowing the relationship between me and the suspect in their custody.

The following day, I visited the station and discovered that the name of my son was not on any of the records of the detainees in the cell.

I immediately contacted the officer-in-charge of kidnapping section who informed me that my son was not in their custody.

I was informed that he was one of the suspects paraded in a national television on June 4, 2011.

I was later told that armed robbers attacked and shot my son while the police was conducting further investigations on the matter in Auchi but none of the officers sustained injury in the attack. The only person they said died was my son. Since his death, the police have refused to release the corpse” he alleged

The chairman of the panel, Justice Ada Ehigiamusoe (rtd), admitted a photograph of the son, Compact Disk(CD) of paraded suspects, and court proceedings as exhibits.

She, however, adjourned the hearing on the case to Thursday, November 17, to get a response from the police officers.

https://igberetvnews.com/1370656/endsars-im-still-looking-son-since-2011-police-arrested-man-tells-edo-judicial-panel-photo/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by vanbonattel: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2020
Sad

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by IKBARUTEN11(m): 10:57am On Nov 06, 2020
#endsars
#endswat
#endbadgovernance

13 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Homeboiy: 10:57am On Nov 06, 2020
Oh
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by orunto27: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2020
IGP please answer this Complaint for us.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Kingnutts(m): 11:13am On Nov 06, 2020
How do we tell this guy no hope... We already know what the police is capable of doing

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Fahdiga(m): 11:15am On Nov 06, 2020
Who knows what they might have done to the boy. the policemen involved will never have peace in their generation

77 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Moferere: 11:51am On Nov 06, 2020
SARS has done more harm than good to the society

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Biafrawemove: 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2020
It took police brutality to awaken Nigeria youths
Because it wasn’t targeted at a particular tribe but south in general
And I asked where went the youth during
Odi
Zaki ibiam
Agatu
Nimbo
asaba
Obigbo
Massacre
No where to be seen
But find their voice only on lekki
Is turn by turn shaa smiley smiley

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by slawormiir: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
damnnn niggarrrr
Too bad ..
Wetin sars do for edo state nor be here o
We edolites hear am hot for sars hand
Fear no dey let us drive our moto

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by bancoleh: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
Nawa o, the injustice and unlawful side of law enforcement agency needs to stop, the law state that someone is innocent until proven guilty, all this cover ups is not ideal for developing country....it's like going backwards
Video editing tutorial
How to make Pan and Zoom memorial video effect for films, slides photo scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr816WyIzBM
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by EyezofGod120: 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2020
Go to kirikiri your son is there,, thats what those SARS always do,,they will swap an innocent person with an inmate in the prison and released the real prisoner probably the prisoners is wealthy or from wealthy family

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by rawpadgin(m): 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hope those clowns haven't sent that poor boy to eternal sleep?

6 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by tutudesz: 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
You kill my love one and I will kill yours simple undecided Some parents are very merciful O! The killer of your child will be sitting in front of you and be explaining how they killed your child undecided God know you will be joining them that day

15 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by apesinola001: 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2020
God Will see you through
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by sematec(m): 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
May God help you locate your son
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Omezif(m): 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2020
Very painful and irritating to lost a son or daughter in a such way, the action of SARS is barbaric and very cruel. I really hate their cruelities during their time controling people like they are The owner of the world.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by OB7Foreva(m): 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
Ask Buhari, I hear say na bad be that lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
Weeps#
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Strika22(m): 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
If you have never had an experience with SARS officials you will think these revelations are exaggerated.

19 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by oluwaseyi0: 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2020
Something is really happening in this country

No wonder our leaders never want us to speak up especially the North, they know if we speak or act according to half of the issue in this country, none of our leaders will exist anymore

10 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by FactBoyz: 4:11pm On Nov 06, 2020
wink
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
Eeeya, poor man. SARS really has a lot of blood on their hands.

3 Likes

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by NoshakingGod(f): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2020
undecided
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by pablobellins(m): 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
They probably sold the body parts to available buyer embarassed

Slawormiir, will be relocating to Benin next ur by God's grace. I wanna meet u in person, aside my main hustle, I look forward to learning another hustle grin and other Bad man things Real Nigggaaarr things. smiley

1 Like

Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by HeadShot: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
Vampire Police.....

They must have drank his blood
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by spafu(m): 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
Wow
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by QuickStandard: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2020

Only God can save this country honestly.
How can somebody be missing from police custody?

arase123:
Let make money today peeps
Free game
➽ Henan Jianye - Tianjin teda
➽ [ halftime • X HT]
➽ [ Odds Bet365 • 3.00 ]
➽ [ Time 08:30 ]
Senior scammer! Weldone ooo.
Match that was played since morning. All scammers shall be exposed
Re: ‘I’m Still Looking For My Son Since 2011 Police Arrested Him' - Man Tells Panel by IGBOSON1: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2020
EyezofGod120:
Go to kirikiri your son is there,, thats what those SARS always do,,they will swap an innocent person with an inmate in the prison and released the real prisoner probably the prisoners is wealthy or from wealthy family

Is this not the very definition of pure evil and lawlessness?

When some call ‘one Nigeria’ a zoo now some go come begin vex!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogbonnaya Onu: APC Should Have Zoned The Ticket To The South-East / Diesel Price To Hit ₦867 Per Liter In Lagos, ₦875 In South-West / APC Governors To Oyegun: You Can Recontest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.