Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,908 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw (19942 Views)

Nigeria Signs Agreement With Siemens To Increase Grid Capacity To 12,000MW / NNPCL To Construct Another International Gas Pipeline To Europe / Atiku Vs. Obi: How Each Of Them Intend To Fix Nigeria's Power Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by slimfit1(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2018
fiizznation:
I slightly disagree with you on this. We all know power stations are normally built to generate electricity and you do know that national grid always cope better with peak consumption hours that usually occurs at different time and also at various locations in areas where this system covers right? A power station might be shut down lets say in akwa-ibom state, and we will still receive electricity from other power stations.

And your highlighted comment there is one good thing about a national grid. Power can be generated from anywhere in the country and can be equally transmitted and distributed to any place in the same country.

The guy is right when they send out the excess then you benefit from the power. Alot of time the powerlines loss quiet a lot of energy through the powerlines because of distance 30% is lost through powerlines goggle it. That 30% would have done alot.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Bobby4090: 11:11am On Jun 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
This refinery is taking too damn long to complete
I hope Dangote gets it right here

Are you serious or just joking. Do u monitor what they hv been doing since? To me they are moving very fast. Faster than our Government that takes 20 years to dualize an expressway. Or 13 years to build an Airport.
To start with, the land in Lekki which was given to them was vast and swampy. To reclaim and solidify the land alone before actual construction started took almost two hundreds of billions.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Chukwuka16: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2018
If I've learnt anything being a Nigerian it is that you are on your own. Anyone waitjng for the govt to get things right with the present stricture would die a sad and miserable death.

I don't believe in the entity called Nigeria, I believe more in the people. However, the pervasive way of reasoning among Nigerians from which leaders emerge is really scary.

Sincerely, you are right. We are heading nowhere.

lastempero:

When tou tell people that nigeria is heading no where with the current arrangement they feel u are a not patriotic.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Chukwuka16: 11:14am On Jun 14, 2018
Sincerely, pervasive politics.

It is quite disheartening.

babaolofin:

I agreed with you 100%. The problem is political.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Kendrick80(m): 11:24am On Jun 14, 2018
paskyboy:
What an unfortunate Country, that got their independence while she was still a toddler, becos of selfishness, we disowned those that could have taught us to live, grow and become better. All in the name we want to be on our own, fine since independence can someone point out one great achievement we have gotten, none instead things get worse
Nigeria is a monopoly country, that has been sold to an individual or Some individuals, Lagos to Tinubu, Nigeria to Dangote and so on, leaving our leader to wallow on their incompetent, can't the government provide stable light?, Good Road, Medical health Care, Industries, it's a shame that we are still backward and like this, it's disheartening and worrisome, just wondering when will we ever get it right, the money PDP and APC has embezzled will and can turn Nigeria into Heaven but unfortunately the county is filled with egocentric, megalomaniac, incompetent entities, for those that put us in this condition, May God put their generation in the same state they have put this country. I am ashamed to be a Nigeria
Puerto Rico comes to mind
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 14, 2018
Oloriburuku people.. dangote has been on it for the past 30 years.. still no change.. I'm laughing in my village people tongue����
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Ogunleti01: 12:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:

This is a 100% privately driven initiative - funded and led by Dangote himself.

Nothing to do with APC - except for the Forex support given by the Buhari led government due to its commitment to stop petroleum importation and boost power generation.

Take note.
But guy who issued d licence to build a refinery to Dangote?
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by ColeworldMD(m): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
QuotaSystem:

Honour and condemnation should always be given where due.

As we condemn Fulani herdsmen, we celebrate Fulani world achievers.
I thought he's hausa from kano state. Care to explain?
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by kabrudrapist: 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
lastempero:

I understand ur points clearly but in a country like nigeria where each region has the capacity to generate enough electricity to serve itself,dont u think it's better building power plants that are regionally intergrated rather than spending billions of dollars transmitting energy from one region to another there by increasing the price of power generation.

To buttress my point home,lets summarise the capacity of each region to generate energy.

1.niger delta is endowed with enough gas to serve 5 giants thermal stations that can serve the whole region.take for instance,bonny island in rivers has gas turbine that gives the whole island 24hrs electricity including LNG.

2.south east has enough coal and gas to power the whole region

3.south west has some if not enough gas from its offshore platforms to serve it coupled with the dangote pipeline which is on course

4.The northern region has enough dams and enough coal(kogi region) to serve it and considering the point that they are low energy consuming region.

When you put all these together u will find out there is no need for a national grid which is even taking the chunk of money invested in the power sector.we can establish atleast 3 mega power generation plants in each region that can be operated intermittently.
I am impressed with this post.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Shakitibob0: 12:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
paskyboy:
What an unfortunate Country, that got their independence while she was still a toddler, becos of selfishness, we disowned those that could have taught us to live, grow and become better. All in the name we want to be on our own, fine since independence can someone point out one great achievement we have gotten, none instead things get worse
Nigeria is a monopoly country, that has been sold to an individual or Some individuals, Lagos to Tinubu, Nigeria to Dangote and so on, leaving our leader to wallow on their incompetent, can't the government provide stable light?, Good Road, Medical health Care, Industries, it's a shame that we are still backward and like this, it's disheartening and worrisome, just wondering when will we ever get it right, the money PDP and APC has embezzled will and can turn Nigeria into Heaven but unfortunately the county is filled with egocentric, megalomaniac, incompetent entities, for those that put us in this condition, May God put their generation in the same state they have put this country. I am ashamed to be a Nigeria
My brother.... This our government people weak me oo...
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO AND READ BELOW IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lym8cY79oHQ
Its 50% Discount PROMO in Lakowe Golf: Own A CofO Land in Prime Location And With Peace of Mind! Lands and Property Assets Owned in Good Locations,acquired RIGHTLY, through a REPUTABLE SOURCE are the best acquisition and investments to ever have. Check our signature in blue just below here and call us or chat by clicking on the WhatsApp link in the signature ..
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2018
Redoil:
All these false hope in mail waiting to be deliver in 2089

Unbeliever spotted! I'm glad the project is by private entity and not govt, moreover, he did not use public fund for this and he owe no one any explanations here, anytime he likes he can complete it, he is not answerable to electorates like govt. If the project was by govt I'm sure people like you would have politicize it and will not have patient again and would have been screaming Buhari this, APC that. Deadline is 2019. Make we at least believe and watch for once. Na wa for citizens of this country.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
Sagemomoh:
Oloriburuku people.. dangote has been on it for the past 30 years.. still no change.. I'm laughing in my village people tongue����

Dangote did not owe you or anyone any explanations as to why the delay as he was not voted in or for by any Nigerian electorate to warrant your useless talk. He is not answerable to anyone. He is not a politician or public servant. The money is his money and privately driven project, it is what anybody who likes to invest too can go for. You too can go build yours. If it pain you so much and you can't wait any longer. Go get the licence and commence your own refinery project let's see how fast it will take you and easy it will be. Rubbish people. What if Dangote decides not to do it at all, what will you do to him? Absolutely nothing. So shut up and wait till whenever the project will take to complete.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by deebsman1(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
This refinery is taking too damn long to complete
I hope Dangote gets it right here
Oga before you go criticize next time, try to have an understanding of issue at hand, Dangote refinery is scheduled for completion last quarter 2019 that's even barring any unforeseen circumstances.
Thanks
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=greatman247 post=68478462]

Dangote did not owe you or anyone any explanations as to why the delay as he was not voted in or for by any Nigerian electorate to warrant your useless talk. He is not answerable to anyone. He is not a politician or public servant. The money is his money and privately driven project, it is what anybody who likes to invest too can go for. You too can go build yours. If it pain you so much and you can't wait any longer. Go get the licence and commence your own refinery project let's see how fast it will take you and easy it will be. Rubbish people. What if Dangote decides not to do it at all, what will you do to him? Absolutely nothing. So shut up and wait till whenever the project will take to complete.

You are the most mentally disabled person I have ever seen in the world right now.. did you know dangote is living and working with looted funds and he works hand in hand with the politicians. But I will let you wallow in your talks, you are being brainwashed by your government and selling off your whole generation by siding with the perpetrators..
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2018
[quote author=Sagemomoh post=68491115][/quote]

Shut up, idiot. You too go and loot if its easy to do. He is not the reason you are frustrated. Go talk to your country's useless polithiefcians and leave the man with good intentions for this country and the business man the Bleep alone and go sort your life. You slowpoke, idiot that lacks sense. Go and try build your own refinery too let's see how long it will take you. Fool who thinks refinery project is a day project. Out of many wealthy men in Nigeria who have the might to take up such project and intervene to develop Nigeria and yet they refused. And Dangote stepped forward to liberate the country and yet you are hating on him? Go pour your frustrations on other wealthy Nigerians who have looted and instead to invest in the country they decided to take their monies to invest in other countries of the world. Useless fool, if you cannot wait for Dangote refinery to be completed then I can't help you, rather go and kill your mumu self for all I care and leave Dangote the Bleep alone.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 15, 2018
greatman247:

Shut up, idiot. You too go and loot if its easy to do. He is not the reason you are frustrated. Go talk to your country's useless polithiefcians and leave the man with good intentions for this country and the business man the Bleep alone and go sort your life. You slowpoke, idiot that lacks sense. Go and try build your own refinery too let's see how long it will take you. Fool who thinks refinery project is a day project. Out of many wealthy men in Nigeria who have the might to take up such project and intervene to develop Nigeria and yet they refused. And Dangote stepped forward to liberate the country and yet you are hating on him? Go pour your frustrations on other wealthy Nigerians who have looted and instead to invest in the country they decided to take their monies to invest in other countries of the world. Useless fool, if you cannot wait for Dangote refinery to be completed then I can't help you, rather go and kill your mumu self for all I care and leave Dangote the Bleep alone.

Mate, I wouldn't like to say much to you but I'd like to let you know that I'm highly favored by an higher power.. and I'm not fustrated in anyway if only you know who I'm or where I'm.. but I'd like to help you
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Okoroawusa: 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2018
lastempero:

It's very simple,they should disintegrate the f#cked up national grid so that it will be a sort of regional stuff and it will equally reduce the cost of Power transmission in nigeria.I keep imagining how one will transmit power hundreds of miles away from the point of generation.
You just made a very valuable point

1 Like

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 5:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
Sagemomoh:

Mate, I wouldn't like to say much to you but I'd like to let you know that I'm highly favored by an higher power.. and I'm not fustrated in anyway if only you know who I'm or where I'm.. but I'd like to help you

Lol. You want kill me with laughter! You said you weren't frustrated in anyway, but you sound like you are. And by the way, I careless about who you are or whoever you aspire to be. I don't want to know who you are, its not important to me in anyway. So pls keep it to yourself, you might need that ego than you think I might. Stand before a mirror and ask yourself who you are, I guess you really need to discover and rediscover yourself by stop hating on whatever Dangote is doing. He is made already, you need to seek your own path in life.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2018
[quote author=greatman247 post=68512412]

Lol. You want kill me with laughter! You said you weren't frustrated in anyway, but you sound like you are. And by the way, I careless about who you are or whoever you aspire to be. I don't want to know who you are, its not important to me in anyway. So pls keep it to yourself, you might need that ego than you think I might. Stand before a mirror and ask yourself who you are, I guess you really need to discover and rediscover yourself by stop hating on whatever Dangote is doing. He is made already, you need to seek your own path in life.

I only wish you know or have seen what I have seen for you to understand why I was quite unhappy with the way the government run the system.. but I will let you wallow in your shallow thoughts or probably keep on defending those that don't want anything good for you and your generation
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 2:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=Sagemomoh post=68513463][/quote]

Keep your crazy thought to your useless self. I don't need none of that. Bleep out of here.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 16, 2018
[quote author=greatman247 post=68538501]

Keep your crazy thought to your useless self. I don't need none of that. Bleep out of here.

It’s a sad thing to see a person with a very low initiative like you are, But i hope one day you wake up from the clowds covering your face and mind to see the reality of what you are passing through... you are suffering and smiling.. you know no better mate..
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
[quote author=Sagemomoh post=68555964][/quote]

You're still fucking sleeping. And really need to wake your lazy ass up fast or regret later and quit thinking the way you do. A bloody hater like you don't go far in life. With that kind of mindset, you cant develop further. Just an advice, its up to you to take it or ignore.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2018
[quote author=greatman247 post=68565905]

You're still fucking sleeping. And really need to wake your lazy ass up fast or regret later and quit thinking the way you do. A bloody hater like you don't go far in life. With that kind of mindset, you cant develop further. Just an advice, its up to you to take it or ignore.

Lol.. I guess you probably think I am broke because I come on nairaland!!! Do you have people on your payroll?? I guess not���
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
[quote author=Sagemomoh post=68571597][/quote]

Lol. I'm my own boss and have at least people that works for me and get paid. So Bleep off. Who cares if you're broke or not? I'm not broke either. All I know is with your foolish mindset you will never develop further. Hating on Dangote and his projects will only limit you player. Save your stories for the gods cos I careless how much you made or what you're making, I'm not a broke ass FYI. And I obviously not a pained and hater of good thing like you are. That's the difference between us. Now run along.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 17, 2018
[quote author=greatman247 post=68572830]

Lol. I'm my own boss and have at least people that works for me and get paid. So Bleep off. Who cares if you're broke or not? I'm not broke either. All I know is with your foolish mindset you will never develop further. Hating on Dangote and his projects will only limit you player. Save your stories for the gods cos I careless how much you made or what you're making, I'm not a broke ass FYI. And I obviously not a pained and hater of good thing like you are. That's the difference between us. Now run along.

I reckon all you just wrote down here are your wishes.. You are only wishing you can.. but I like it.. keep wishing. Maybe dangote is coming to your rescue because it seems the sun in Lagos has burnt through your dull skull and affected your intellectual reasoning. And for the record I'm not hating on Aliko I'm only unhappy for the fact that he ain't doing enough to fight for the rights of the citizens and he also helps different politicians to get away with money laundering by stashing it for them you probably don't know that or you know but quite ignorant to assimilate. And I'd love to know the business you are into, I could invest in it if you don't mind.. but your business must be registered.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
[quote author=Sagemomoh post=68580045][/quote]

Lol. You said I was only wishing, man you don't know me. I don't wish, i m a doer and by the way, i don't procrastinate at all. All my workers know this. And we do have great relationship and i show them love all the time. I am not wealthy though and I'm not where I want to be yet though but certainly I don't wish, I'm comfortable. I do what I need to do, gradually hitting at my targets and achieving almost everyday. Like I said I'm not wealthy but I'm comfortable, not your average Nigerian if you must know.

And now back to your matter. I don't want anything to do with your likes, not how you have talked to me from the beginning. I don't want to associate with hater like you so therefore I can't let you know what I'm investing on. So get off my business.

I don't care how you see Dangote, whether he helped the rich launder money is not my business, so long he invest on what will profit the masses of this country and thereby make money for himself is still a good thing. Now if that is easy, go get yourself engage in such too and develop people. This is what I called robbing "Peter to pay Paul". Govt do this as well. Even in the state, they rob the rich to develop the facilities the poor in their country enjoy. The govt enforce the rich people to pay up their taxes and then they build good road, water, electricity of several megawatts the poor are enjoying today. The old and elderly don't pay taxes, instead the govt pay them stipends. And some of these monies are gotten from the rich to take care of the poor in their country. Now go start off and let's see how far you can go. And for you to live long, don't put Dangote matter for head cos he is not your govt who you should question when things are not going the right way in this country and he is not answerable to you or anyone cos he does not hold any political office.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
[quote author=greatman247 post=68602471]

Lol. You said I was only wishing, man you don't know me. I don't wish, i m a doer and by the way, i don't procrastinate at all. All my workers know this. And we do have great relationship and i show them love all the time. I am not wealthy though and I'm not where I want to be yet though but certainly I don't wish, I'm comfortable. I do what I need to do, gradually hitting at my targets and achieving almost everyday. Like I said I'm not wealthy but I'm comfortable, not your average Nigerian if you must know.

And now back to your matter. I don't want anything to do with your likes, not how you have talked to me from the beginning. I don't want to associate with hater like you so therefore I can't let you know what I'm investing on. So get off my business.

I don't care how you see Dangote, whether he helped the rich launder money is not my business, so long he invest on what will profit the masses of this country and thereby make money for himself is still a good thing. Now if that is easy, go get yourself engage in such too and develop people. This is what I called robbing "Peter to pay Paul". Govt do this as well. Even in the state, they rob the rich to develop the facilities the poor in their country enjoy. The govt enforce the rich people to pay up their taxes and then they build good road, water, electricity of several megawatts the poor are enjoying today. The old and elderly don't pay taxes, instead the govt pay them stipends. And some of these monies are gotten from the rich to take care of the poor in their country. Now go start off and let's see how far you can go. And for you to live long, don't put Dangote matter for head cos he is not your govt who you should question when things are not going the right way in this country and he is not answerable to you or anyone cos he does not hold any political office.

I didn't get to read all the mumbo jumbo you just spewed out.. I am busy in a meeting with my investors. And I'd like to let you know that no matter the income you make a month you still can't make what I earn in a day for the next ten years lad.. �� just trying to give you a heads up..
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Eagba(m): 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
fiizznation:
I slightly disagree with you on this. We all know power stations are normally built to generate electricity and you do know that national grid always cope better with peak consumption hours that usually occurs at different time and also at various locations in areas where this system covers right? A power station might be shut down lets say in akwa-ibom state, and we will still receive electricity from other power stations.

And your highlighted comment there is one good thing about a national grid. Power can be generated from anywhere in the country and can be equally transmitted and distributed to any place in the same country.
the cons outweighs the pros in this your postulation. Disintegrating the grid is better. More than one power plant can be situated in a region in case one shuts down.
The only reason why you ppl won't want to disintegrate the system is because you liken it to nigeria disintegrating
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 9:08am On Jun 19, 2018
[quote author=Sagemomoh post=68609557][/quote]

Poverty stricken idiot like you earn reasonably? I doubt that. Your ego and pride will kill you someday, sadly.
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 19, 2018
[quote author=greatman247 post=68619515]

Poverty stricken idiot like you earn reasonably? I doubt that. Your ego and pride will kill you someday, sadly.

grin grin grin��you are one hell of a funny mofoqa.. poverty-stricken grin grin��� that shyte got me tho grin grin grin���� .. no one is been egoistic but your wannabe ass!! You even call yourself greatman. grin grin grin����☠️☠️☠️ I hope that's what you hope for someday. But I will tell you this again.. you won't make what I make in a day in the next 10 years..
Re: Dangote Deep-sea Pipeline To Boost Nigeria’s Power Generation By 12,000mw by greatman247(m): 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2018
[quote author=Sagemomoh post=68622677][/quote]

As my name implies, I'm already great. So quit giving your stupid ass unnecessary hope about making more money than anyone. We don't buy that shit. We already know your type. Empty barrel makes the loudest noise. Stupid wannabe. Run along.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Interview (21mins Video) / Igbo Intimidating Buhari With Biafra To Get Appointments – Sagay / Tricycle Operators Protest Monthly Payment Of N15,000 Tax By Anambra Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.