Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics (36397 Views)

Fitting The 5.0l V8 From The Lexus ISF In A '05 Corolla Or '09 Camry / Fuel Economy And Maintenance Of Lexus Jeep / Hummer Jeep Carries Bamboo Sticks From Market In The East (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Apina(m): 3:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
denkyw:
You provided duty, have you provided bribe?.
My friend fuk off here and go and do the right thing. At your age you don't know what to do in situations like this, and you are here whining like a little b!tch sad
Make God punish that your imbe.cile hand u use take type this rubbish. Stupid animal undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by HoodBillionaire: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
its an suv
and not jeep o.
wtf
baba roger them
move ahead
stop acting like a white man
u r a black man
so therefore u must pass thru d backdoor
and bribe your way tru
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
Apina:

Make God punish that your imbe.cile hand u use take type this rubbish. Stupid animal undecided
Is it me your father you are talking to like this? angry

1 Like

Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by enemyofprogress: 3:31pm On Jun 14, 2018
denkyw:
you done tire? grin
is that your final answer?
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by maballack(m): 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
Apparently you/dealer brought this vehicle through a land border, and some how obtained documents for it , thats where lies the issue in IMHO
so even if you provide the duty payment documents they themselves no what was done , do you have in your documents the BOL stating its Port of entry. thats a start to know if your documents are good.

This is what was spoken about on that thread about bringing in vehicles from cotonu despite the land borders locked to that..now the song just started playing , they should soon be ready to dance.

CC
cosplay

2 Likes

Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by rickymayne(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
Eiyah...#wetinidogangan
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by sweetgala(m): 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Customs officers have been selling people's cars they seize under dodgy circumstances. I was offered an high end SUV the other day for much less than its worth. It was awoof and I decided to stop the convo.

Turns out the car had not been cleared dude was asking for all my details. I just cut that short.
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
I'm thinking that the car was probably smuggled in.

I may be wrong but I just don't see a federal unit behaving like this. Even in Nigeria.
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Dantedasz(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2018
This is amusing.
The affidavit you posted here,how is that customs duty documents?
Produce documents that show the vehicle was cleared from the ports especially the bill of lading. This court affidavit you are posting will never help issues. This is what we have been telling them on the Cotonou cars thread. You can't clear vehicles through the borders it is illegal. The only legal point of entry is any of the sea ports.
Now I know this poster is being economical with the truth because any one that knows Ilase area of Idi Iroko in Ogun state knows that Ilase where the vehicle was parked is a unique border town in that the houses on on complete side of the main road have the front of the houses domiciled in Nigeria while the back yards of these houses are domiciled in Benin Republic. Ilase is a haven of smuggling activities in Ogun State. It is common for Ilase indigenes to turn their Benin Republic backyards in to a car park for various tokunbo motors and then surreptitiously smuggle them to the Nigerian side during the midnight. I am willing to bet this is what happened in this case because if the vehicle had documents they should have been provided instead of an affidavit.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
denkyw:
My friend fuk off here and go and do the right thing. At your age you don't know what to do in situations like this, and you are here whining like a little b!tch sad

I would have loved to engage you in a meaningful conversation but I may end up arguing with a retarded adolescent who cannot reason beyond his immediate needs.
Keep on paying bribes. keep on complaining that you have no work. if you have any semblance of intelligence, you will see that those 2 are linked.

1 Like

Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by proff010: 6:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
How did the custom get to know abt parked car, the seller is part of this. Next time don't give ur address to the dealer.
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Ishilove: 6:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
CastedBlog:
After Spending Millions of Naira to buy a car, And you still can't drive it, IG user Vicwins has lashed out to Ogun state Custom officials for seizing his newly Bought Lexus Jeep Red, According to him, he has provided all that it needed, even duty, but they are still holding on to the car..

He shared the photos alongside court papers, see below!

Gossip From Ebiwali--
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/man-calls-out-custom-officers-for.html

Car dealer probably short paid. When you don't pay the correct compromise this is the kind of nonsense that happens. They probably traced the car to the dealer who now gave them the buyer's information.
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Trueyarn(m): 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
denkyw:

You must be a very corrupt individual. So bribery is officially now a legitimate process in this country that even a citizen will encourage another one to tow the line? This is really sickening.
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by islandmoon: 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
islandmoon:
they will never release the car, they will sell itand share the money and lie to him that it has been impounded, this is nigeria, they believe even if you have now paid the duty, that tduty will not go to their own pocket, but if he had agree to edit previous reg document in the computer, they will agree, corrupt nation, is the presidency no longer on nairaland?
you need to see how custom work with smugglers to enrich themself at the detriment of the people , i can make a video focumentary of illegal rice importation if anyone can fund the expenses
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Tonimordred(m): 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
Dnt near dem oh b4 dey wil shoot ur leg
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by Susungusu(m): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2018
Sirpaul:
.Oga you know the process na.... This Is Nigeria.. give them small change you no fit buy that kin machine like that something must drop .. If you like show them your duty from now till next year na OYO you dey

Can't we change the narratives?
Re: Man Calls Out Customs Officers For Seizing The Lexus Jeep He Bought (pics by chuggy(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2018
vizkiz:
Police
FRSC
LASMA
CUSTOM
SARS

They are all criminals and it shall never be well with every one of them. Even after clearing all the duty they will still hold your properties because you fail to "settle"

Nigeria can never prosper with these criminals still around
Immigration too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian States And Their Official Taxi Colour / Delta Man's New Car Involved In Ghastly Accident Before It was Delivered To Him / Toyota Hiace ("hummer Bus") Or Ford/chevrolet Buses: Which Is Better.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.