Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? (5402 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Who Is Afraid Of Atiku Abubakar? - By Femi Aribisala / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 2:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
BAILMONEY:
JUST LIKE I SAID EARLIER, YOU ARE HELPLESS BRUH. ITS NOT EASY TO BE A CHRISTIAN IN THE MIDST OF MUSLIM BRETHRENsad AREN'T YOU TRAVELING AGAIN

This tactic is obsolete, try a new tack.

You cant make me{and yorubas of other faith} hateour muslim brethren so easily. We can easily see through your plot.

I repeat, cant igbos fight the hausas alone? Do you really need help from yorubas?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Odingo1: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
kayfra:

Oh really

1st republic - Zik/Balewa
2nd republic - Shagari/ Ekwueme
3rd republic - Bashir Tofa/Sylvester Ugoh (governor of the bank of Biafra)
3rd republic - Babangida/ Nzeribe (June 12 annulment)

All this is just political superficial calculation.

In all this, Igbos are just trying to re-enter Nigeria politics after years of battered image.

This connection are just shallow, the real deep bond are between Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas because they always forget their differences in fighting the Igbos despite been in opposition parties.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

In all this, Igbos are just trying to re-enter Nigeria politics after years of battered image.

This connection are just shallow, the real deep bond are between Hausa-Fulani and Yorubas because they always forget their differences in fighting the Igbos despite been in opposition parties.

I want you to digest my last response to you, and possibly reply if you deem it necessary, please.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kingzizzy: 2:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Janetudeh:
Nice thread! Nigeria is one! Nigeria belongs to us all! Enough of the tribal trolls here and there. The Igbos are a respectable tribe and will continue to be..Unity is importanat to reach our destination.

Nigeria is one? Since when? Nigeria had never been.one since the day Lugard created Nigeria in 1914. I do not know why we have to be united? Because Lugard brought us together? Because we love one another? Because Nigeria is working?

A lot of people want the unity of Nigeria just for the sake of wanting the unity of Nigeria and not out of any cogent reason why Nigeria should be together

As an Igbo man, I can only speak for my ethnic group. I think that a referendum should be given to Igbos to let them decide if they want to be part of Nigeria. Any unity that is "By force" is no longer unity.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 2:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
kingzizzy:

Nigeria is one? Since when? Nigeria had never been.one since the day Lugard created Nigeria in 1914. I do not know why we have to be united? Because Lugard brought us together? Because we love one another? Because Nigeria is working?

A lot of people want the unity of Nigeria just for the sake of wanting the unity of Nigeria and not out of any cogent reason why Nigeria should be together

As an Igbo man, I can only speak for my ethnic group. I think that a referendum should be given to Igbos to let them decide if they want to be part of Nigeria. Any unity that is "By force" is no longer unity.

The referendum will come—if you plan and work towards it. It will come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Odingo1: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

I am with you on this—ditto for millions of yorubas. And i believe we would get this through diplomacy, failing which the south will have no other option but to engage in armed struggle.

Pending that time however, we must eschew hate and see how we can maintain the peace. I have always been an advocate for what i call "structured aggression". It means that you must plan adequately before going to war. You dont just rush into war without planning it well. The igbos made a mistake going into the biafra war without adequate preparations. This is where the yorubas diverge with the igbos: We wont fight a war with the north without planning and deploying "active measures" that covers a multi-pronged approach to warfare.

You can call it cowardice, but we call it sophistication.

Igbos should just calm down and plan properly. I see them as the least prepared for armed struggle among the major tribes.

I think that the war issue is has gone now
, this is almost 50 years after the war, that generation has passed, if Nigeria is a serious nation they should have integrated all part of Nigeria.

Germans of today use to say that they should not be held responsible of what their forefathers did in the second world war, in the likewise Igbos of today should not be continuously be reminded of the civil war that happened 50 years ago.

Restructuring is the key that will ensure that Southern Nigeria reap from the fruit of their labor, brewing companies cant be producing alcohol in lagos while their bottles and crates are being destroyed in some state in the north, after the same state that is destroying their business will come and open hand and collect the tax money paid by them.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 2:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

I think that the war issue is has gone now
, this is almost 50 years after the war, that generation has passed, if Nigeria is a serious nation they should have integrated all part of Nigeria.

Germans of today use to say that they should not be held responsible of what their forefathers did in the second world war, in the likewise Igbos of today should not be continuously be reminded of the civil war that happened 50 years ago.

But it is the igbos that have refused to forget about the war naaa. Plus igbos have been reintegrated into Nigeria for a longtime. Maybe you should be explicit about what you mean by reintegration.

And going by your response, it seems you do not want armed struggle right? So, what then happens if the country is not restructured?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by BAILMONEY: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

This tactic is obsolete, try a new tack.

You cant make me{and yorubas of other faith} hateour muslim brethren so easily. We can easily see through you plot.

I repeat, cant igbos fight the hausas alone? Do you really need help from yorubas?
NOBODY IS FVCKING INTERESTED IF YOU HATE YOUR MUSLIM BROTHERS OR NOTangry I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION. ARENT YOU LEAVING NIGERIA AGAIN grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
BAILMONEY:
NOBODY IS FVCKING INTERESTED IF YOU HATE YOUR MUSLIM BROTHERS OR NOTangry I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION. ARENT YOU LEAVING NIGERIA AGAIN grin

That is a personal issue now. So you expect me to divulge my plans on social media for all to see.

Na wa to you oooo.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by mbos: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2018
spartanman007:
Are they beast or demons that they should be feared?

No they are too good that they may develop to very high international standard that other may die in despair .
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kingzizzy: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

I am with you on this—ditto for millions of yorubas. And i believe we would get this through diplomacy, failing which the south will have no other option but to engage in armed struggle.

Pending that time however, we must eschew hate and see how we can maintain the peace. I have always been an advocate for what i call "structured aggression". It means that you must plan adequately before going to war. You dont just rush into war without planning it well. The igbos made a mistake going into the biafra war without adequate preparations. This is where the yorubas diverge with the igbos: We wont fight a war with the north without planning, and also deploying "active measures" that covers a multi-pronged approach to warfare.

You can call it cowardice, but we call it sophistication.

Igbos should just calm down and plan properly. I see them as the least prepared for armed struggle among the major tribes.

Stop talking nonsense. If anybody rushed into war, it was Nigeria. Igbos never went into war with anybody, Nigeria went into war with Igbos. Ojukwu and his people were enjoying their new country in the East when Nigeria came to fight.

When someone comes to your own house to fight you, you won't have the luxury of planning anything. You will only have two choices, defend your self or surrender. Igbos are not the type to surrender without a fight.

So when people say that Igbos rushed into war without adequate planning, I wonder If these people remember that it was Nigeria that came to the East to fight?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by BAILMONEY: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

That is a personal issue now. So you expect me to divulge my plans on social media for all to see.

Na wa to you oooo.
BUT YOU ALREADY TOLD US ON SOCIAL MEDIA THAT YOU ARE LEAVINGgrin JUST WANNA KNOW IF YA STILL KEEPING YA PROMISE INTACT
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo and the rest igbos here, if you are waiting for other tribes to suddenly "like" igbos and on account of that, dash you the Presidency, you are on a long thing. Because most other Nigerians dont just like you and they are justified for not liking igbos. So many reasons i wont bother going into.

Igbos should quickly do two things:

1} Develop igbo land aggressively, and 2} Inhabit Igboland—your brightest and best should stay in the east.

Failure to do these will ensure that other Nigerians will continue to view igbos with scorn and derision.

Igbo problem is very easy to solve but they prefer crying that others hate them.

And if all these fail, prepare "adequately" for war.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Odingo1: 3:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

But it is the igbos that have refused to forget about the war naaa. Plus igbos have been reintegrated into Nigeria for a longtime. Maybe you should be explicit about what you mean by reintegration.

And going by your response, it seems you do not want armed struggle right? So, what then happens if the country is not restructured?

To me, armed struggle doesn't make sense if one see what is happening in Syria, Yemen and others

If Southern Nigeria and middle belt can team up,they can get it done but lack of unity is the problem.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by chimeee: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2018
restructuring is what's best for everyone. ..but unfortunately u can't have it by diplomacy ..that's the honest truth
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

To me, armed struggle doesn't make sense if one see what is happening in Syria, Yemen and others

If Southern Nigeria and middle belt can team up,they can get it done but lack of unity is the problem.

Have you tried to convince Yorubas? Do you think the current hate campaign will win them over?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by T9ksy(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
kingzizzy:

Stop talking nonsense. If anybody rushed into war, it was Nigeria. Igbos never went into war with anybody, Nigeria went into war with Igbos. Ojukwu and his people were enjoying their new country in the East when Nigeria came to fight.

When someone comes to your own house to fight you, you won't have the luxury of planning anything. You will only have two choices, defend your self or surrender. Igbos are not the type to surrender without a fight.

So when people say that Igbos rushed into war without adequate planning, I wonder If these people remember that it was Nigeria that came to the East to fight?

Only to finally surrender after 3millions souls had been lost. That's why i and many discerning mind believe the war was unnecessary especially when their leader that promised them that "even the grass of biafra will rise up and fight on their behalf" but he did not wait for the biafran grass to rise up before fleeing with his family to safety.

You ibos should be grateful you surrendered to the ilk of OBJ, had it been someone like Katsina or abacha etc........many of you ingrates will not be around now to pour scorn on your "water"- the yorubas.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
chimeee:
restructuring is what's best for everyone. ..but unfortunately u can't have it by diplomacy ..that's the honest truth

You are a sharp man. All our English hasn’t worked for years.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Odingo1: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:
Odingo and the rest igbos here, if you are waiting for other tribes to suddenly "like" igbos and on account of that, dash you the Presidency, you are on a long thing. Because most other Nigerians dont just like you and they are justified for not liking igbos. So many reasons i wont bother going into.

Igbos should quickly do two things:

1} Develop igbo land aggressively, and 2} Inhabit Igboland—your brightest and best should stay in the east.

Failure to do these will ensure that other Nigerians will continue to view igbos with scorn and derision.

Igbo problem is very easy to solve but they prefer crying that others hate them.

And if all these fail, prepare "adequately" for war.

They cant develop their land without regional autonomy otherwise it will be sabotaged, they have tried that and it was sabotaged by the Hauas-fulani and Yoruba gang up.

Enugu international airport is not operational because of this gang up, they shut Enugu airport down from Abuja recently.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

They cant develop their land without regional autonomy otherwise it will be sabotaged, they have tried that and it was sabotaged by the Hauas-fulani and Yoruba gang up.

Enugu international airport is not operational because of this gang up, they shut Enugu airport down from Abuja recently.

I beg to differ that the hausas and Yorubas are sabotaging Enugu intl airport. The igbos have chosen to crowd Lagos so they naturally abandoned their only intl airport.

Igbos should stay back in the east not minding any perceived plot of the FG against the region.

Your destiny is in your hands. Stop trooping to other parts of the country in search of the Golden Fleece.

Prove your acclaimed development mettle.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Odingo1: 3:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
T9ksy:

Only to finally surrender after 3millions souls had been lost. That's why i and many discerning mind believe the war was unnecessary especially when their leader that promised them that "even the grass of biafra will rise up and fight on their behalf" but he did not wait for the biafran grass to rise up before fleeing with his family to safety.

You ibos should be grateful you surrendered to the ilk of OBJ, had it been someone like Katsina or abacha etc........many of you ingrates will not be around now to pour scorn on your "water"- the yorubas.

You think that it was Nigeria that handled the surrender, it was done by UK, they negotiated no victor no vanguish.

If not for the British and Russia, on normal ground could Nigeria win Biafra in that war.

Shouting 3 millions souls like mad man, 3 millions little children that was starve to death by Awolowo.

Real strong man fight man to man and not killing small kids and be boasting about it.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

I beg to differ that the hausas and Yorubas are sabotaging Enugu intl airport. The igbos have chosen to crowd Lagos so they naturally abandoned their only intl airport.

Igbos should stay back in the east not minding any perceived plot of the FG against the region.

Your destiny is in your hands. Stop trooping to other parts of the country in search of the Golden Fleece.

whenever any SW begins to talk this way, don't take him serious again.......

Tinubu has made their stance known.

cc

odingo1

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Turantula(m): 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2018
Deputy1111:
In the dictionary of Nigeria ,,I believe Yoruba ,Hausa and Igbo are one,,,,I wonder why a tribe should because of ego want to isolate or separate themselves from others ...If Igbo in any way has been cheated ,i believe we can still come to table together in order to right the wrong...We are one Nigeria..No segregation .....God bless Nigeria....
Nice one, but we were one. I think Fulani and Yoruba are match made in Heaven and Igbos are full of hate. That is why they should leave and form their own country

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

whenever any SW begins to talk this way, don't take him serious again.......

Tinubu has made their stance known.

cc

odingo1

So i am lying right?
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

You think that it was Nigeria that handled the surrender, it was done by UK, they negotiated no victor no vanguish.

If not for the British and Russia, on normal ground could Nigeria win Biafra in that war.

Shouting 3 millions souls like mad man, 3 millions little children that was starve to death by Awolowo.

Real strong man fight man to man and not killing small kids and be boasting about it.

Plan very well the next time, you would win.

If igbos dont go back enmasse to the east to develop the place, what you are seeing now will be child's play compared to what other tribes would do you people ooooo.

We are begging you now, but you refused.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by oyatz(m): 3:21pm On Jun 14, 2018
Nobody is afraid of the Igbos, the Devil is using the Op to cause disaffections among Nigerians online with this kinds of articles.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2018
So funny I forgot to laugh
mbos:

No they are too good that they may develop to very high international standard that other may die in despair .
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Odingo1: 3:24pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

And you are planning to run away from Nigeria
, many Yorubas that live in Igboland or north should go back to Southwest also and all the Yorubas living abroad should come back to their enclave.

Igbo prosperity in lagos is what is making yorubas envious of Igbos, having Biafra will not make Igbos to stop living in lagos or other Yoruba land. There are Yorubas living in other peoples land all over the world.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kayfra: 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

You can't trivialize as superficial calculations. Most of the aforementioned relationships involved emotional and pocket book investments via votes.

I also don't see your later point as valid. The only thing close to that was the civil war and that involved all the tribes of the Nigeria that didnt fall under Biafra, so nothing specifies a shared enemy or common bond between Hausa and Yoruba.

Based on shared values, Yorubas are closer to Igbos. So please stop the unfounded allegations
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by ComradeWonder(m): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

immediately I see UNITY I lost interest in this wonderful piece u just pen down.....

The write up is nice but na that UNITY come spoil am...

Bro, you may not happy about it, but that is the bitter truth.....There is nothing we can achieve if we are not united..... I am a Yoruba man. There are some good people in Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa. We equally have the bad heads too. The moment we have the mentality that we are one Nigeria, the moment our wounds heal.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

So i am lying right?

what do u mean by that statement....purely unfair....i see u here as someone with broad view but at times u deviate unnecessary......maybe I guess is coz ethnic sentiments...
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Omotolatolulope(f): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

what do u mean igbos wants to divide the country?

They are just asking for what is right and recognised by UN.

You dont agitate for what is right in a wrong way..There is an interlock amongst various tribes in this nation, one tree cannot make a forest...The blunt truth is that Igbos cannot stand alone!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking News: Reno Abandons Tinubu, Washes Him Badly In New Tweets / Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? / Should Death Penalty Be Prescribed For Corrupt Persons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.