Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? (5407 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Who Is Afraid Of Atiku Abubakar? - By Femi Aribisala / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
T9ksy:

Only to finally surrender after 3millions souls had been lost. That's why i and many discerning mind believe the war was unnecessary especially when their leader that promised them that "even the grass of biafra will rise up and fight on their behalf" but he did not wait for the biafran grass to rise up before fleeing with his family to safety.

You ibos should be grateful you surrendered to the ilk of OBJ, had it been someone like Katsina or abacha etc........many of you ingrates will not be around now to pour scorn on your "water"- the yorubas.
LMAO grin grin grin
Nigger-Area that needed the support of USA, UK, Canada, Russia, Egypt, Turkey, Syria and other big countries just to be able to enter Biafraland.

CC lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy odingo1

Igbo amaka

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
LOL..... That is the sympathetic aspect of the story you were told. Go back to history and read and stop been sentimental with details. Fist strike was an air strike which was led by the Biafrans with th help of Germans.
ISLAMBAD:

Lies from pit of hell.
Ojukwu declared Biafra on 30th may 1967, after six days of the declaration, Gowon declared war on Biafra on 5th June 1967.
The ist strike was from Nigerian government while Biafrans were on defensive, it was during during the middle of the war that Biafrans started being offensive.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

And you are planning to run away from Nigeria
, many Yorubas that live in Igboland or north should go back to Southwest also and all the Yorubas living abroad should come back to their enclave.

Igbo prosperity in lagos is what is making yorubas envious of Igbos, having Biafra will not make Igbos to stop living in lagos or other Yoruba land. There are Yorubas living in other peoples land all over the world.

God bless u,,,

very simple....secession only means go back to east just to scare igbos or what...I don't know.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

And you are planning to run away from Nigeria
, many Yorubas that live in Igboland or north should go back to Southwest also and all the Yorubas living abroad should come back to their enclave.

Igbo prosperity in lagos is what is making yorubas envious of Igbos, having Biafra will not make Igbos to stop living in lagos or other Yoruba land. There are Yorubas living in other peoples land all over the world.

I wont engage you again. I am tired. In return, can you stop crying that hausa and yorubas hate igbos?

Just endure whatever you see in Nigeria. Is that Ok?

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Omotolatolulope(f): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

Take a look on Nigeria and tell me why the country should remain one.

A country that have only one viable seaport and one viable international airport all because they don't want SE to develop or have easy access.

Go to South Africa and see what we call country that want develop every part .

South Africa have 6 standard international airport and 7 standard seaport.

You cant live in Cape town and be going all the way to Johannesburg or Durban just to leave the country or clear your goods.

somebody that live in Pretoria cannot be mocking somebody that live in Durban that they don't have railway because their federal government can never build railway in their region or do any good thing in their place and you expect them to be happy..

You cannot compare south africa to Nigeria. Nigeria is a developing nation. Do you think that the SW and the Northern areas are totally happy or satisfied with what they have or what the government gave them? Each region in this nation has its specificity and shortcomings which I believe will not be attended to through division. Until Igbos realise that they own this nation as much as a southern or northern man owns it too, we may never achieve our goal in unity. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Yellowface1220(m): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2018
The fear of Igbo domination is responsible for a lot of events in Nigerian history.
Chinua Achebe on the Igbo,...... "People so free from the hindrances of religion, and imposing statures of potentates that when western education came, They were so free to drive at whatever was on offer and so soon seized the stage in ways that even marveled the white man."
Lord Brandon in justifying Gowon's measures during the war said, "...these Ibos are a people you can hardly understand their motivation. They seized western education as if it was created for them and so rattled other ethnic groups in ways that induced fear of domination, which is the cause of the desire to halt their advances"......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2018
You seem to have forgotten that Biafrans also killed million during the war. It was not a fight where they were been killed without no cause. They started the war and the Nigeria soldiers responded as their duty to protect their country. [quote author=LochOtieno post=68475151]

Nothing to forget.....people that died are not chickens......they are human beings for christ sake...........

[/quote
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2018
ComradeWonder:

Bro, you may not happy about it, but that is the bitter truth.....There is nothing we can achieve if we are not united..... I am a Yoruba man. There are some good people in Yoruba, Ibo and Hausa. We equally have the bad heads too. The moment we have the mentality that we are one Nigeria, the moment our wounds heal.

The moment we have the mentality that we are one nigeria....

Am even scared of Nigeria unity....a unity full of fears, a unity by massacre, a unity by injustices and intimidation........

how can there be unity without suspicion.....

is only division that can end this suspicion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
spartanman007:
You seem to have forgotten that Biafrans also killed million during the war. It was not a fight where they were been killed without no cause. They started the war and the Nigeria soldiers responded as their duty to protect their country.

protection my foot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2018
Omotolatolulope:

You dont agitate for what is right in a wrong way..There is an interlock amongst various tribes in this nation, one tree cannot make a forest...The blunt truth is that Igbos cannot stand alone!

They can achieve their dreams if they work hard at it. They are simply not serious. How can a tribe that wants to secede keep investing outside their region? Does it make sense?

They just want to keep crying, whining and gnashing their teeth for Nigerians to love them, and dash them power. Where is that done?

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2018
Omotolatolulope:

You dont agitate for what is right in a wrong way..There is an interlock amongst various tribes in this nation, one tree cannot make a forest...The blunt truth is that Igbos cannot stand alone!

You are igbos and u knoww they can't stand alone....

lies peddled from ogbomosho.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
Omotolatolulope:

You cannot compare south africa to Nigeria. Nigeria is a developing nation. Do you think that the SW and the Northern areas are totally happy or satisfied with what they have or what the government gave them? Each region in this nation has its specificity and shortcomings which I believe will not be attended to through division. Until Igbos realise that they own this nation as much as a southern or northern man owns it too, we may never achieve our goal in unity. God bless Nigeria.

I dont share your optimism in the unity of the nation though. We still have the evil axis of the north. The hausas have caused the most harm to this federation. The fact that yorubas are not as emotional as the igbo doesnt mean we are happy with the north.

The hate from the igbos is the only saving grace for the hausas. angry
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Deputy1111(m): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2018
mbos:

No they are too good that they may develop to very high international standard that other may die in despair .

I have just been waiting all this years to see them manifesting that goodness in them.....If they are good like you rightly claimed ..they suppose to be the one ruling while others follow....but due to tribalism,,nepotism .....they are not there....what a pity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by ComradeWonder(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

Not when the two tribe continue trapping upon the Igbos, for almost 52 years now they have continue stampeding on Igbos

GEJ did not do well in the office because of Yoruba and Hausa-Fulani just because GEJ put some few Igbos in key positions.

GEJ renamed UNILAG with Abiola name all hail was losed but Imagine if Buhari renamed the same university with Abiola name, they will gather and celebrate it and give thanks to Buhari.

May i correct you brother, Gej is not an Igbo man.....Bayelsa State is not part of Igbo territory. The same Gej enjoying tremendous support from Obj when Yaradua was sick. It took the effort of political heavyweight personality in south-west before he was allowed to governed the nation. Obj singlehandedly won election for him in 2011. Whatever that happen to Gej aftermath of 2015 election is as a result of his political unconsciousness and lack of political will to address some vital issues that are key to his continuity.....In politics, you cannot do away with the people that brought you to power and still thinking you will have their support. The collapsed of the bridge between Gej and Obj is what eventually sent him out of power not disunity or because other tribe hate him. As regard UNILAG, it was a good intention, but wrong timing, simply because Gej had been totally rejected at that time. I am not persuading you to embrace unity but i am just expressing myself in righteous opinion.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kenrajmill(m): 3:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

Mohammed Buhari is a terrorist.

Are you the one that he terrorized? This post is addressing the problems originated by Igbos in the name of seeking power and hurt other tribes for their political gains... And you are here causing another problem in the name of hatred, hypocrisy and nepotism you have against this administration. When are you going to change your mindset? You people need to get things right, We are telling you this because of the love we have for you, if not the sky is big enough for the birds...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:44pm On Jun 14, 2018
Deputy1111:

I have just been waiting all this years to see them manifesting that goodness in them.....If they are good like you rightly claimed ..they suppose to be the one ruling while others follow....but due to tribalism,,nepotism .....they are not there....what a pity

Dont mind them. They just want to blackmail the rest of us into allowing them rule. They have failed to make their region viable.

The fact is that igbos are leaches. They are not a rich tribe at all.....they would die off if Nigeria lets them go. How can a landlocked tribe be boasting that they are the best when they have failed to prove their mettle all these years?

Without PH,Lagos, or Abuja, most igbos will be piss poor.

That is why they troop out of their region like it is war torn. We have been begging them to go back and develop the place for years, but they keep coming up with one excuse or the other. They shouldnt even be a majority tribe. The ijaws have taken their place naturally.

They should be ignored jareee. They are a serious people.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by ZZ22: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

I am with you on this—ditto for millions of yorubas. And i believe we would get this through diplomacy, failing which the south will have no other option but to engage in armed struggle.

Pending that time however, we must eschew hate and see how we can maintain the peace. I have always been an advocate for what i call "structured aggression". It means that you must plan adequately before going to war. You dont just rush into war without planning it well. The igbos made a mistake going into the biafra war without adequate preparations. This is where the yorubas diverge with the igbos: We wont fight a war with the north without planning, and also deploying "active measures" that covers a multi-pronged approach to warfare.

You can call it cowardice, but we call it sophistication.

Igbos should just calm down and plan properly. I see them as the least prepared for armed struggle among the major tribes.
Igbos were facing pogrom all over the north and Ojukwu called his people back to the east to ensure their safety but murderous Nigerians in their quest to drink Igbo blood still came for them through Ogoja. They have no choice but to fight and defend themselves. What did Nigerian Government do about the pogrom against Igbo's? absolute nothing!!
The reason we have problem with people like you(rubas) is no matter what happen your brain will develop fault, twist the story and side Fulani murderers. I won't be surprised if in next 10 years you(rubas) twist the story and accuse Benue people of killing herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
Your comment is filled with sentiments and lacks facts. Get today, if the country splits today, who looses more? Without Niger Delta Biafra is dead on arrival.
Odingo1:
Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani are the ones afraid of Igbos.The more they team up together to isolate the Igbos the more Nigeria become a stagnant country with new militia springing up like Boko haram. They poison the mind of middle belt and other tribes in Niger Delta against the Igbos.

Today middle belt are been wiped out from the surface of the earth because Yoruba don't care if the Fulani wipe them out as far as they are picking their crumbs from their masters table.

Igbos are concerned but cannot act because the middle belt also hate Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kayfra: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2018
Yellowface1220:
The fear of Igbo domination is responsible for a lot of events in Nigerian history.
Chinua Achebe on the Igbo,...... "People so free from the hindrances of religion, and imposing statures of potentates that when western education came, They were so free to drive at whatever was on offer and so soon seized the stage in ways that even marveled the white man."
Lord Brandon in justifying Gowon's measures during the war said, "...these Ibos are a people you can hardly understand their motivation. They seized western education as if it was created for them and so rattled other ethnic groups in ways that induced fear of domination, which is the cause of the desire to halt their advances"......

Achebe died a bitter and bigotted old man that didnt live to see his dreams. grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Dont mind them. They just want to blackmail the rest of us into allowing them rule. They have failed to make their region viable.

The fact is that igbos are leaches. They are not a rich tribe at all.....they would die off if Nigeria lets them go. How can a landlocked tribe be boasting that they are the best when they have failed to prove their mettle all these years?

Without PH,Lagos, or Abuja, most igbos will be piss poor.

That is why they troop out of their region like it is war torn. We have been begging them to go back and develop the place for years, but they keep coming up with one excuse or the other. They shouldnt even be a majority tribe. The ijaws have taken their place naturally.

They should be ignored jareee. They are a serious people.

real name for PH na Igweocha......be guided.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kenrajmill(m): 3:52pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

You are igbos and u knoww they can't stand alone....

lies peddled from ogbomosho.

Why are you so confrontational and pessimistic in nature? Going through your comments so far, i realized it's in your nature... Igbos should let go of their egoism, hypocrisy, hatred and nepotism they have against other tribes for them to be relevant and acceptable in the country. If they continue like this, they will never get to power. They ought to understand that majority dominates position not minority.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
Only you know where you got your sympathetic history.
immhotep:

LMAO grin grin grin
Nigger-Area that needed the support of USA, UK, Canada, Russia, Egypt, Turkey, Syria and other big countries just to be able to enter Biafraland.

CC lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy odingo1

Igbo amaka

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Joylove2324(f): 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
ISLAMBAD:

Lies from pit of hell.
Ojukwu declared Biafra on 30th may 1967, after six days of the declaration, Gowon declared war on Biafra on 5th June 1967.
The ist strike was from Nigerian government while Biafrans were on defensive, it was during during the middle of the war that Biafrans started being offensive.
i think you are educated bro,does ojukwu have the right to declare biafra just like that?
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Fatherofdragons: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
kayfra:

Achebe died a bitter and bigotted old man that didnt live to see his dreams. grin
tomorrow now u bastards will say that igbos are full of hate

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Yellowface1220(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
The fact is this, Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was, for many years more popular in Lagos and most urban centres in Yoruba land than any Yoruba politician was an indication of how far the common Western acculturation had integrated Southern Nigeria.
This integration notwithstanding, it is possible to isolate certain anecdotal Igbo traits. Any further on this provocative mission I duly crave the indulgence of Ndigbo to make the following pronouncements; they tend to be forceful, determined and aggressive in the pursuit of goals and objectives; they are the most mobile and adventurous of all national groups comprising Nigeria; they can be domineering, brash and are prone to easily offend the sensibilities of others; they are industrious, ambitious, rash and can get easily roused to take recourse to fisticuffs or war..... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by resurgent2019: 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

real name for PH na Igweocha......be guided.

Tell that to the ikwerre and ogonis.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Fatherofdragons: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2018
kenrajmill:

Why are you so confrontational and pessimistic in nature? Going through your comments so far, i realized it's in your nature... Igbos should let go of their egoism, hypocrisy, hatred and nepotism they have against other tribes for them to be relevant and acceptable in the country. If they continue like this, they will never get to power. They ought to understand that majority dominates position not minority.
Maybe when u yorubas let go of the hate u have for igbos then u could be taken seriously

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kayfra: 4:02pm On Jun 14, 2018
Fatherofdragons:
tomorrow now u bastards will say that igbos are full of hate

Dispute my statement about Achebe. It is a well known fact even from casual observers
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
resurgent2019:

Tell that to the ikwerre and ogonis.

stop reading myopic and estranged history from Ijebu ode.....
Go and read facts...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Yellowface1220(m): 4:04pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

Is too much....travel just from anambra to owerri....
from one military to police to road safety to anoda military to police to navy....to military......haba......is there any war going on...
Hmm, Igbo Kuenu.... KUENU!
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by kenrajmill(m): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

Maybe when u yorubas let go of the hate u have for igbos then u could be taken seriously

Yoruba don't hate and we don't fight any tribe... We are for peace, love and unity. We always think of the progress of our dear nation and always ready to help those that need our help...
Why do you think Yoruba hate Igbos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Wife Of Edo State Governor Flung Her Shoe In Public-photo / A Anambrarian Would Rather Go With Urhobos Than With Biafra.... / Equip Hospitals, End Medical Tourism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.