Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? (5405 Views)

Who Is Afraid Of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo? By Dele Momodu / Who Is Afraid Of Atiku Abubakar? - By Femi Aribisala / Atiku Presidency: Why El-rufai Is Afraid - Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Omotolatolulope(f): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

You are igbos and u knoww they can't stand alone....

lies peddled from ogbomosho.

If you know you can, continue your agitation and lets see where it will end you...sho lo stubborn ni?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
ComradeWonder:

May i correct you brother, Gej is not an Igbo man.....Bayelsa State is not part of Igbo territory. The same Gej enjoying tremendous support from Obj when Yaradua was sick. It took the effort of political heavyweight personality in south-west before he was allowed to governed the nation. Obj singlehandedly won election for him in 2011. Whatever that happen to Gej aftermath of 2015 election is as a result of his political unconsciousness and lack of political will to address some vital issues that are key to his continuity.....In politics, you cannot do away with the people that brought you to power and still thinking you will have their support. The collapsed of the bridge between Gej and Obj is what eventually sent him out of power not disunity or because other tribe hate him. As regard UNILAG, it was a good intention, but wrong timing, simply because Gej had been totally rejected at that time. I am not persuading you to embrace unity but i am just expressing myself in righteous opinion.

when righteousness equals the fact that sango is gay.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by ComradeWonder(m): 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

The moment we have the mentality that we are one nigeria....

Am even scared of Nigeria unity....a unity full of fears, a unity by massacre, a unity by injustices and intimidation........

how can there be unity without suspicion.....

is only division that can end this suspicion.

Anyway, if that is your submission, no wahala. You have right to your opinion. Secession from the Nigeria state must past through proper channel. It should not attract violence or violation of national peace. That is where Kanu and his IPOB loyalist got it wrong. Instead of going to the street, demonstrating unjustifiably, he should have led the mob to the national assembly and call for inclusion of referendum in the constitution. Above all, where is he today? You don't start war that you will not be happy to finish. Revolution is not a tea party.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by T9ksy(m): 4:10pm On Jun 14, 2018
immhotep:

LMAO grin grin grin
Nigger-Area that needed the support of USA, UK, Canada, Russia, Egypt, Turkey, Syria and other big countries just to be able to enter Biafraland.

CC lzaa onyeoga madridguy buhariguy omenka shalomc iceberg3 itsmeaboki yarimo odvanguard pointzerom t9ksy odingo1

Igbo amaka

I bet you are just about to tell us that it was the (unofficial) WWIII.

From the moment you guys were stopped at Ore by a handful of Yoruba infantrymen, your rag-tag Biafran Liberation Front was on a back-

peddle. Even the Mid-west region which you guys forcefully occupied and foisted your homeboy on- as military administrator of the new Benin

republic- lasted less than 6weeks before Okonkwo and his rag-tag minions were sent packing back to their Biafra.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Joylove2324(f): 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

I see u have no conscience.......many biafrans were lost and u are here talking trash.....

only division can salvage this country.....
Are you telling me you want to continue the war of 1967 which you were not even born as at that time?the war has ended and there is no more war in Nigeria as every has moved and i expect you guys to move on as well....tell your people to join Nigeria politics in other to be relevant......one Nigeria
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2018
ComradeWonder:

Anyway, if that is your submission, no wahala. You have right to your opinion. Secession from the Nigeria state must past through proper channel. It should not attract violence or violation of national peace. That is where Kanu and his IPOB loyalist got it wrong. Instead of going to the street, demonstrating unjustifiably, he should have led the mob to the national assembly and call for inclusion of referendum in the constitution. Above all, where is he today? You don't start war that you will not be happy to finish. Revolution is not a tea party.

you are asking me where he is....?

what a question.....and you want me to answer that.......?

OK I will....direect the question to the terrorist in aso rock.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2018
Joylove2324:

Are you telling me you want to continue the war of 1967 which you were not even born as at that time?the war has ended and there is no more war in Nigeria as every has moved and i expect you guys to move on as well....tell your people to join Nigeria politics in other to be relevant......one Nigeria

One Nigeria.......lolzzZ......more like one shitholian or one zoological republic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by ComradeWonder(m): 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

Try to read in between the line of unity and disunity and discover the one that will be win-win for everybody.....Erase in your mind that other tribe hate Ibos. It was a devilish thought.....But Ibos must see themselves as part of Nigeria.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
LOLZZZZ
LochOtieno:

protection my foot
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Omotolatolulope(f): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2018
[quote author=resurgent2019 post=68479950]

I dont share your optimism in the unity of the nation though. We still have the evil axis of the north. The hausas have caused the most harm to this federation. The fact that yorubas are not as emotional as the igbo doesnt mean we are happy with the north.

The hate from the igbos is the only saving grace for the hausas. angry

I understand your point, I am not saying that the hausas are saints, neither am i saying that the yorubas too are saints. One thing is certain, there are evil people in each tribe, but what I am trying to establish is that Division is not the way to go about it. Each tribe should not be at loggerhead with each other.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Deputy1111(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

And you are planning to run away from Nigeria
, many Yorubas that live in Igboland or north should go back to Southwest also and all the Yorubas living abroad should come back to their enclave.

Igbo prosperity in lagos is what is making yorubas envious of Igbos, having Biafra will not make Igbos to stop living in lagos or other Yoruba land. There are Yorubas living in other peoples land all over the world.

If Igbo are the one bringing prosperity to Yoruba land ,,,then pack your loads back to your country and develop it now...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by ComradeWonder(m): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

you are asking me where he is....?

what a question.....and you want me to answer that.......?

OK I will....direect the question to the terrorist in aso rock.

You have been brainwashed by Nnamdi Kanu theory......but that is not the best way bro......Try to read very well and liberate yourself from deceit. Ibos need to be inclusive in Nigeria project, if not they will remain backward. Nobody will use presidential ticket to compensate you unless you participate in active politics.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Joylove2324(f): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

One Nigeria.......lolzzZ......more like one shitholian or one zoological republic.
you have been brainwashed........wake up bro
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by deomelo: 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2018
LochOtieno:

This why you can not have any kind of sane, rational and intelligent conversation with ipobss. It's just a waste of time.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by gurnam: 4:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
Odingo1:

[s]3 million Igbos that died in that war are mainly small children, all because of Awolowo policy to starve little children to death by getting Cameroon to block bakkasi and he later committed suicide by drinking poison after been trampled upon by the Fulani people he served.

Man to Man fight, the combined British and Russia backed Middle belt,Hausa-Fulani,Yoruba army couldnt defeat the Igbo men for 2 and half solid years until Awolowo started food blockade by getting a deal with France for Cameroon to block their front line, today Cameroon have seize Bakassi because of the job they did for Nigeria so that they can win the way.

Yoruba use their lagos-Ibadan expressway media to blackmail the Igbos.

The middle belt fought the war for the Hausa-Fulanis despite the fact that Igbos are christians like them, they were brain washed by Hausa-Fulanis and Yorubas and even other tribes in Niger Delta.

Imagine the state of dilapidation in the most Niger Delta area and yet they believe that Igbos want their oil despite living with Igbos as their neighbors for centuries without any war with each other all because Hausa-Fulani and Yoruba propaganda.[/s]

Stop writing rubbish

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by OlufunkeAwoyale(f): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
OPEN LETTER TO OLUWASEUN OSEWA (NAIRALAND)

Dear OLuwaseun Osewa,

It is disheartening and quite unfortunate that you have a biased attitude towards some of the stories been uploaded on your forum (Nairaland). You are going against some of your rules and policies, as well as showing favouritism and double standard to some group of people.

You delete some posts that speak truth and addresses some cogent issues in the country. To mention but few "Who is afraid of Igbos". An article written to x-ray the political history of Igbo relationship with entire nation was removed within few days while Ochereome Nnanna write up calling "Yorubas sophisticated morons" was allowed to trend for weeks before you decide to remove it. However, Ochereome Nnanna article reflects tribalism, ethnic jingoism and political insurgency.

Questions for you:
- Has Nairaland be bought over?
- Are you working for a political party or tribe?
- Is the credibility and integrity of Nairaland still intact?
- Has Nairaland been hijacked?

It is clear that some of the rules of this forum are just there for all to see and there is no adherence to the rules. There are different people with different opinions, as a professional blogger, you should not remove a post that doesn't suit your taste.

I implore you to urgently react to these issues and do the needful before Nairaland become a junk forum.

Signed:

Olufunke Awoyale

Attached to this letter are rule 2 and 7 factors.

1. "Who is afraid of Igbos" is a justification of adhering strictly to the rules and regulations as stated and stipulated in rule 2 of Nairaland while Ochereome Nnanna write up calling Yorubas "sophisticated morons" is not.

2. You have breach and go against rule 7 which preach against parochialism, tribalism, nepotism and political insurgency. You are now the promoter of the aforementioned factors.

I hereby demand unreserved apology from you to address your unjustifiable and unfairness attitude towards Yoruba nation and every affected section of the Yoruba extraction

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by MoshoodOkunola(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
OlufunkeAwoyale:

Dear OLuwaseun Osewa,

It is disheartening and quite unfortunate that you have a biased attitude towards some of the stories been uploaded on your forum (Nairaland). You are going against some of your rules and policies, as well as showing favouritism and double standard to some group of people.

You delete some posts that speak truth and addresses some cogent issues in the country. To mention but few "Who is afraid of Igbos". An article written to x-ray the political history of Igbo relationship with entire nation was removed within few days while Ochereome Nnanna write up calling "Yorubas sophisticated morons" was allowed to trend for weeks before you decide to remove it. However, Ochereome Nnanna article reflects tribalism, ethnic jingoism and political insurgency.

Questions for you:

It is clear that some of the rules of this forum are just there for all to see and there is no adherence to the rules. There are different people with different opinions, as a professional blogger, you should not remove a post that doesn't suit your taste.

I implore you to urgently react to these issues and do the needful before Nairaland become a junk forum.

Signed:

Olufunke Awoyale

1. "Who is afraid of Igbos" is a justification of adhering strictly to the rules and regulations as stated and stipulated in rule 2 of Nairaland while Ochereome Nnanna write up calling Yorubas "sophisticated morons" is not.

2. You have breach and go against rule 7 which preach against parochialism, tribalism, nepotism and political insurgency. You are now the promoter of the aforementioned factors.

I hereby demand unreserved apology from you to address your unjustifiable and unfairness attitude towards Yoruba nation and every affected section of the Yoruba extraction

Im so much disappointed in the attitude of oluwaseun osenwa ,as a journalist he should know that partisan politics should boycotted and there shouldn't be sympathy for any body but reverse is his own case by been bias in all his doing.so pathetic
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Aliance: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
Wao !!!! this is serious,,you mean favourism is the order of the day on nairaland now ,,,o ga o,,that means the management are bias ,,and the platform now is meant for a certain group of people.... if not why some news will be deleted....urgent actions must be taken by the management
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Joylove2324(f): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
OlufunkeAwoyale:

Dear OLuwaseun Osewa,

Questions for you:

Signed:

Olufunke Awoyale

God bless you for this beautiful open letter,i think i saw this letter today but unfortunately the Nairaland operators deliberately deleted it before i could even make any comment....this is a forum which suppose to be for everybody not for a certain set of people or tribe.i hope seun himself saw the open letter and order for the return of the article ''who is afraid of igbo''.....and i'll advice mr seun to start monitoring his operators against partisan and biased journalism.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Janetudeh(f): 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
OlufunkeAwoyale:

Dear OLuwaseun Osewa,

Nairaland better do the needful before they finally lose their integrity and fall short of standard! This is totally unfair and needs prompt response!
Questions for you:

Signed:

Olufunke Awoyale

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2018
I also noticed this trend on this platform. There are many insulting, abusive, tribal comments that are left untouched. I wonder what the team of this forum are doing to make sure everyone adheres to the principles, policies rules and regulations of the platform. Is Seun scared of loosing followers and put the integrity and credibility of this platform at risk?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Janetudeh(f): 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2018
[quote author=Janetudeh post=68661944][/quote]

Nairaland better do the needful before they totally lose their integrity and fall short of standard. This is totally unfair.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by marydada1111(f): 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2018
OlufunkeAwoyale:

Dear OLuwaseun Osewa,

Questions for you:

Signed:

Olufunke Awoyale

Seun Osewa is a deform being for going against the ethnics of media/information,his biased and parochial in news dissemination.Him and his Team need to change the act which can affect the unity and progress of our nation,which they are working against...How will a media forum be supporting the division of the nation and still want to enjoy the benefit of unity.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by AdelekeKehinde(f): 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
In life you don't create more enemies but you build more friends to succeed... Reverse is the case as Igbos' case be. In an egalitarian society, there is equality. Igbos need to understand the fact that they need to support other tribes for them to support their tribe as well. There should be mutual understanding, cooperation and unity among the tribes and not other way round. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that...
Igbos need to change their mindset for them to succeed in the game of Nigeria politics... A tree does not make a forest.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by spartanman007(m): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2018
Rules and regulations are there for people to obey and follow no matter there influence, tribe, party or religion. To ignore some group of people or show preference is to compromise the credibility and integrity of this platform and I think that compromise has come to play on this platform. I have also noticed the trend at which people throw insults, abuses, threats to others here and how tribal remarks and religious remarks are been made. There is need for those in the right position on this platform to act fast and address the issue before this forum is completely hijacked and become a junk platform.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Joylove2324(f): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
The way igbo have been playing their politics is very wrong,there is no any law that required referendum in Nigeria constitution instead they should sponsor more of their people to the NASS in other to set or sponsor a bill that will back up the referendum they want.... #we_say_no_to_civil_war
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by ComradeWonder(m): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2018
Nigeria political history is so interesting for anybody who is ready to learn......It is good for a man to know his history and where he come from. Most of the narrative about Nigeria society are so peculiar and unique, but the political power monger have swallow the pride of our history and short-change the Nigerian masses with political peppermint. Every tribe within the Nigeria geographical location deserve respect, accolade and fair treatment. The Igbo nation should see this article as an headings to x-ray the political history of Nigeria, once upon biafra republic and the new Nigeria that is coming beyond. In fact, no tribe in Nigeria should be secluded by anybody and no tribe should seclude herself. Nigeria is big enough to contain all of us without any imbroglio. Nobody should afraid of Igbo and the Igbo should welcome every other tribe in their own world without war ot treat.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Aliance: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
MoshoodOkunola:
WHO IS AFRAID OF IGBO?

In October 1960 a Nation was finally born and became an independent Nation in Africa. Nigeria was officially handed over to Nigerian by its British colonial master. The hope was high and the aspiration was great as the founding father of the new great nation was full of hope of a great future for Nigeria but this dream never came to be. It was beclouded with acrimony, selfishness, sentiments, complexity and tribal egotism. Unnecessary rivalry between once united tribes who united to fight their common enemy(colonial master), started by waging cold war which eventually led to the first military coup in 1966 that permanently created division and lack of trust between all the tribes that made up Nigeria. In 1967 a counter coup was launched by the aggrieved sections of the country who believed that the coup of 1966 was sectional and aimed at killing their political leaders. The mutual trust was lost, revenge was in the mind of every aggrieved tribes against one another. Hausa hate Igbo, Igbo hate Hausa, Yoruba hate Hausa vice versa. The mistrust grew and hatred spread and the cat and rat race started.

Unfortunately, we went into an unavoidable and unnecessary secession war of ego, millions of Nigerians were killed from both sides, things fell apart and the center never hold again. After the 3 years of bloodshed the crocodile peace was reached but the wound is yet to heal, mistrust is still there after 52 years. Though, we live together but the mutual suspicion is in the heart of every tribes against one another.
The young Igbos who were not born during the war but read or heard the history of civil war rekindled the call for secession because of the persevered injustice and the neglect of igbo from political scheme. Since independent the dream of Igbo to rule Nigeria after the failure of poorly packaged and executed 1966 coup and the counter coup that removed (killed) the last Igbo military head of state Gen. Aguiyi Ironsi was a mirage. Then Igbo resulted to if we cannot rule Nigeria we should be allowed to rule ourselves. The new call for secession in the recent time is another reaction due to lack of trust between Nigeria tribes, the Igbo youths are becoming aggressive against all other tribes and becoming isolated. Is like nobody want to trust Igbo nor wanted to gamble with power game with them, other tribes believe Igbo cannot be trusted with a country they once went into war with. The fear of Igbo as become beginning of wisdom for entire Nigeria tribes. Who is afraid of Igbo?. And why should we be afraid of Igbo. If Igbo are our neighbors our friends, our co-tenants, our classmate, our school mates, our co -workers, our business partners, wives and husbands then why should we be afraid of Igbo.
We can relate peacefully, forget the past, apologize for the wrong of the past injustice, stop bad mouthing each other, create mutual respect and stop secession agitating. We cannot avoid another civil war and error of the past. We can hug each other trust each other and Igbo can one day lead the country without fear of mistrust.
WHO IS AFRAID OF IGBO?

By Oladimeji M Idowu

The best thing is for us as a country to be living in harmony...Yoruba,,Hausa ,,and Igbo,,,we are one ....but if the Igbo believe they can not cop as a result of egoism.....,let them go and suffer alone
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by tallestcash: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
OlufunkeAwoyale:

Dear OLuwaseun Osewa,

Questions for you:

Signed:

Olufunke Awoyale

I've commented and complained on facebook, twiiter, IG and other social media forums concverning Nairaland indulgence in double standard, bias sentiment and partisan politics and will still do the same again whenever i discover any such of unprofessional journalism. Because everyone suppose to have equal right because we are all paying for the service the Nairaland is rendering but if they think they are ok and contended with the wealth and popularity they have gained they are free to tell the whole world to stop visiting their sites and another forum will spring up before twinkling of an eye and will do better than Nairaland
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by oladimejiidowu6(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2018

Mohammed Buhari is a terrorist.

Is a terrorist like Odumegwe Ojukwu the man that murder over 3million igbo
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by MoshoodOkunola(m): 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
Im disappointed in the ways and manners this man react to this issue,the Igbos are are people and we can live together as one but they needs to ammend their ways in doings things in this country.they should learn to accommodate their fellow countrymen and when i say country men i mean Nigerians not biafrans.
Re: Who Is Afraid Of Igbo? by Reelectbuhari: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2018
tallestcash:

I've commented and complained on facebook, twiiter, IG and other social media forums concverning Nairaland indulgence in double standard, bias sentiment and partisan politics and will still do the same again whenever i discover any such of unprofessional journalism. Because everyone suppose to have equal right because we are all paying for the service the Nairaland is rendering but if they think they are ok and contended with the wealth and popularity they have gained they are free to tell the whole world to stop visiting their sites and another forum will spring up before twinkling of an eye and will do better than Nairaland

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

who is afraid of igbo?

are u one of them....

even the people victimised on nairaland are not complaining....na una wey dem dey pamper like baby here dey complain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov. Uzodinma And Ihedioha Hugs And Play In Public / BREAKING: I Once Barred Tinubu From Moving Cocaines To Nigeria–Atiku / Barcanista Is The Nairaland Politics Section Person Of 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.