Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan (24259 Views)

Price Of Survey Plan (red Copy) Anywhere In Oyo State For Individual Title / ORIGINAL SURVEY PLAN,BUILDING PLAN DOCUMENT,BUILDING APPROVAL & CONSTRUTION / How To Verify Red Copy Of Survey Plan In Lagos Was Lodged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by Tripleoluwa(m): 7:35am On Nov 20, 2019
xpool:

You are so wrong!
"Old school" Surveyors did surveys that that has better accuracy when charted, than what modern surveyors do.
They used Theodolite to run their traverse, which is tied to National origin. And its accuracy error + or - is very negligible
Modern day surveys are done with GPS which accuracy error + or - is wider than that of theodolite, and accuracy is usually irregular.

I said the survey plan MAY BE wrong, either intentionally or otherwise. But charting is necessary to be sure. Theodolite is accurate but latest equipment is faster and accurate. You will get all your info on site instead of going to office to do computation.

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by frankumole05: 7:37am On Nov 20, 2019
Contact a surveyor in Ibadan 08188451415 for clarity and verification

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by timmy210: 7:39am On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for helping we the surveyor to alight them, some people thought we are telling lies and also an advertisement. Since they are hearing from another professional they will be convince.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by baconline(m): 7:41am On Nov 20, 2019
Its not red copy but rec copy a short form of record copy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by CrownPrincehawk(m): 7:46am On Nov 20, 2019
adekennis:

Sir pls I have a question to ask..I asked a surveyor to do survey for me, the person went to do survey backdated as far back 2001.. Tho I rejected it and insisted he do another one with current date which we are still dragging till date..He insisted that it doesn’t mean anything that he would get the red copy for me that it’ can be done that way..Pls I need your advise on what to do and the implications of this. Thanks for your response in advance sir.

Any document with backdated date is criminal and dubious. Assuredly, the surveyor has hidden agenda for backdating the document, take it to ministry of land and housing in your state to find out why? Do verify to avoid future loss or embarrassments.

2 Likes

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by femtex007(m): 7:54am On Nov 20, 2019
adekennis:

Sir pls I have a question to ask..I asked a surveyor to do survey for me, the person went to do survey backdated as far back 2001.. Tho I rejected it and insisted he do another one with current date which we are still dragging till date..He insisted that it doesn’t mean anything that he would get the red copy for me that it’ can be done that way..Pls I need your advise on what to do and the implications of this. Thanks for your response in advance sir.
In survey profession. It is an offence to backdate a survey plan. But first ask him y he did that but if the reason is not genuine den treatin him that u will go and report him to Nis ethics committee. 2. If the survey is OK. He must deposit the cloth copy aka rec copy. The one op was talking about must be a mistake from the surveyor. And it can be easily rectified.
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by Giftexx: 7:54am On Nov 20, 2019
adekennis:

If u paid him around 10-20k per plot, then don’t expect a red copy. U may ignore him and consult another surveyor
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by femtex007(m): 8:05am On Nov 20, 2019
xpool:

You are so wrong!
"Old school" Surveyors did surveys that that has better accuracy when charted, than what modern surveyors do.
They used Theodolite to run their traverse, which is tied to National origin. And its accuracy error + or - is very negligible
Modern day surveys are done with GPS which accuracy error + or - is wider than that of theodolite, and accuracy is usually irregular.
Bro. Pls specify the GPS u re talking about. Is it handheld GPS or differential GPS. Because I know differential has 0.000 error. And don't also forget that is is very hard to trace those old origin. But its very easy to navigate GPS coordinate.
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by femtex007(m): 8:08am On Nov 20, 2019
Tripleoluwa:

I said the survey plan MAY BE wrong, either intentionally or otherwise. But charting is necessary to be sure. Theodolite is accurate but latest equipment is faster and accurate. You will get all your info on site instead of going to office to do computation.
you are right bro. With GPS coordinate, u can easily know the location of the property using google map
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by Vicvictimi: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2019
It is 'Rec Copy' meaning Record Copy and not Red Copy has been called by layman.
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by adebayosun02: 8:20am On Nov 20, 2019
KINGwax007:
In my own knowledge, a red copy is the original copy, also called a registered survey. Once done, it would be registered with the state's ministry of whatever that's in charge of lands. This is a record that the state already checked the land and it is not under acquisition. This survey also helps you well in a legal battle. Price is premium between 120k and 150k as the new rule of April 2017 by the Nigerian institute of surveyors.

The other copy is just a useless copy that only reflects the size of the land if the client's needs to really know. It's so useless that you can't use it for any legal battle or official needs. It's around 20k per plot.

Sir with total humility & respect, the information you put out here is wrong. Especially the last sentences of your two paragraphs..

As a member of Nigeria Institutions of Surveyor Lagos State branch, we reviewed the survey fee in 2017 with effect from April 2017.

Please be guided.

3 Likes

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by koffsman(m): 8:25am On Nov 20, 2019
A lot of property investors refuse to go to the right realtors who can advise them on the importance of all documents but will decide to go to one baba in their area to help them buy house or land so as to pay them little amount it's best you go to a real Realtor. 5 years in the university or Polytechnic studying Estate management no be beans. if you want to invest in landed property always go to a Real Realtor not road side agents that are just after your money and run away.
In need of landed properties
Contact: Talon Homes Real Estate Consulatancy and Facility Management
Your dream home is our pride

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by yazga: 8:33am On Nov 20, 2019
KINGwax007:
In my own knowledge, a red copy is the original copy, also called a registered survey. Once done, it would be registered with the state's ministry of whatever that's in charge of lands. This is a record that the state already checked the land and it is not under acquisition. This survey also helps you well in a legal battle. P[b]rice is premium between 120k and 150k as the new rule of April 2017 by the Nigerian institute of surveyors.[/b]

The other copy is just a useless copy that only reflects the size of the land if the client's needs to really know. It's so useless that you can't use it for any legal battle or official needs. It's around 20k per plot.
They are n0t following it here in Kano
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:04am On Nov 20, 2019
Nice info.
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by beresponsible(m): 9:13am On Nov 20, 2019
Pls does this survey process described applicable to all states?
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by chigoizie7(m): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2019
Thank you so much
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by Onomzy23(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2019
Well written article,well sir the so called surveyor is not a surveyor at all,or he is a chain man or technician that work at the surveyor office, because as a surveyor,the first thing u tell your client that the land should b lodge,and if he insist that he does not have money for the land to b lodge u tell him that,he should do plan only on the condition that he will lodge it in a month time,and if he still refuse then allow him to go,cos must of this our clients do claim to b very smart,then at the end they will b forming as if the surveyor has scam them...well we should b all b careful shaaaa...u guys can contact a well reliable, authentic,and efficient surveyor via this numbers 07032907891,09057940587 here at ughelli delta state Nigeria...
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by shangodele974(m): 9:57am On Nov 20, 2019
What is title deeds?
What's d difference between title deeds and C of O?
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by yazga: 10:00am On Nov 20, 2019
shangodele974:
What is title deeds?
What's d difference between title deeds and C of O?
A deed is evidence of a specific event of transferring the title of the property from one person to another. A title is the legal right to use and modify the property how you see fit, or transfer interest or any portion that you own to others via a deed. A deed represents the right of the owner to claim the property. Title is the legal way of saying you own a right to something. ... Deeds, on the other hand, are actually the legal documents that transfer title from one person to another. It must be a written document, according to the Statute of Frauds. Sometimes the Deed is referred to as the vehicle of the property interest transfer. A Certificate of Occupancy, also known as the C of O is a document issued by state governments in Nigeria to landowners and property buyers as a legitimate proof of ownership
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by shangodele974(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2019
yazga:
A deed is evidence of a specific event of transferring the title of the property from one person to another. A title is the legal right to use and modify the property how you see fit, or transfer interest or any portion that you own to others via a deed. A deed represents the right of the owner to claim the property. Title is the legal way of saying you own a right to something. ... Deeds, on the other hand, are actually the legal documents that transfer title from one person to another. It must be a written document, according to the Statute of Frauds. Sometimes the Deed is referred to as the vehicle of the property interest transfer. A Certificate of Occupancy, also known as the C of O is a document issued by state governments in Nigeria to landowners and property buyers as a legitimate proof of ownership
Thanks
Is title deeds the same thing as agreement of transfered property?

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by futurism: 10:15am On Nov 20, 2019
KINGwax007:
In my own knowledge, a red copy is the original copy, also called a registered survey. Once done, it would be registered with the state's ministry of whatever that's in charge of lands. This is a record that the state already checked the land and it is not under acquisition. This survey also helps you well in a legal battle. Price is premium between 120k and 150k as the new rule of April 2017 by the Nigerian institute of surveyors.

But can we take the copy from the surveyor to the Surveyor General Office to cross check if it they have record of it?

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by camcor(m): 10:27am On Nov 20, 2019
yubiman:
Good info. If I may ask, what is the difference between a red and a blue copy?

Good day sir, my name is Surveyor Adedokun Joshua Adeleye. There's nothing like Red copy but Record copy, the copies giving to client or property owners is called dyeline copy and not blue copy. Some Surveyors will call it black copy. It is always good to consult a Registered Surveyor.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by camcor(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2019
ipeg34yahooco:
I have a story to tell and I tell this story with the hope that a prospective property investor out there will be armed with the right information for when the property is finally purchased.

A client walked into my office just recently with a survey plan on his land dated 2004 with an instruction for me to perfect his title deed as he was finally in a financial capacity to do so. I requested for a copy of the survey plan because the first step I had to take to start the process was to conduct land information at the Surveyor General’s Office to ascertain the status of the land using a copy of the survey plan. However, when I got to the Surveyor General’s office to commence the land information process, the red copy could not be found, which means the land surveyor who drew the survey plan never lodged a red copy.

You may be wondering, what is a red copy? A red copy is the record copy or official copy of the survey plan that MUST be lodged (submitted) by a registered land surveyor who draws a survey plan with the Surveyor General’s Office, and who must also have a letter of submission of the record copy as proof of such lodgment, otherwise perfection of the title deed on a land will be impossible.

I went back to the client and informed him of the development at the Surveyor General’s Office and it was obvious he was unaware of the need and importance of having a red copy of the survey plan lodged. In the course of our discussion, I realized he also had no idea of the whereabouts of the surveyor who drew the survey plan in order to ask him for an explanation for the non lodgment of the red copy and this was because he thought the surveyor’s work back then in 2004 stopped at just drawing the survey plan and that further contact with him was unnecessary .At that point, I had to sit him down and informed him that without a red copy of the survey plan lodged with the Surveyor General’s Office, there was no way I or any other lawyer could proceed with perfecting his title deed to the land. Consequently, he had to pay for a fresh survey plan on the land to be drawn and lodged with the Surveyor General’s Office, so that his title deed could be perfected.

This story here is the story of many Nigerians who are ignorant of this fact and who at the point of perfecting their title deed find out they have paid for a survey plan that is totally useless for that purpose and end up having to incur expenses for a fresh one to be drawn and lodged.
Aside from this ignorance, many property investors have been known to contribute to their own hardship by bypassing land surveyors because of their supposedly high fees but who will do the needful and instead patronize surveyors who charge them ridiculously low fees and end up not lodging the survey plan.

For the land owner out there, who is at the stage of having the survey plan of the land purchased drawn, it is pertinent that you approach a registered land surveyor with a proven track record and ensure that the survey plan is lodged and proof of it provided, so that you will not be frustrated or incur unplanned expenses for whenever you do decide to perfect the title deed to your land.
Let this be at the back of your mind ‘NO RED COPY, NO PERFECTION OF TITLE DEED’.

Good day sir, my name is Surveyor Adedokun Joshua Adeleye. There's nothing like Red copy but Record copy, the copies giving to client or property owners is called dyeline copy and not blue copy. Some Surveyors will call it black copy. It is always good to consult a Registered Surveyor.
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by jacek: 11:31am On Nov 20, 2019
Hi guys
How much does it cost to do a survey plan in amuwo odofin ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by Witches: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2019
jacek:
Hi guys
How much does it cost to do a survey plan in amuwo odofin ?

How much does it cost around egbeda ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by obi3x(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2019
shangodele974:

Thanks
Is title deeds the same thing as agreement of transfered property?
a title deed is a document that transfers, conveys, and therefrom ,vests all rights and interests of the land to the purchaser...every agreement to transfer property should be put in to a deed of conveyance....either ways, a deed of title is not a good root of title, as further steps needs to be taken to perfect the title of the purchaser, and have his occupancy on record at the lands bureau
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by pacespot(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2019
Cool
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by bonnyhope: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2019
Please o, what does it mean for Land title to be in " Gazette"

1 Like

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by Segunrusell: 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2019
Pls all, I have a situation I’m trying to handle, my brother bought a land and did the survey normal, the family said they will do meeting so that they can sign the family deed since April, my brother paid for all necessary payment and schnapps which was requested. Ever since then the man has been running up and down bringing all sort of stories when we ask for the deed. We have roofed the house now but we don’t have the deed. Pls check what can we do because my bro said he doesn’t want to fight the man. Can you pls suggest any possible solution to this please? I will appreciate your help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by GreatManBee: 5:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thanks. Ipeg34yahooco

I just paid a surveyor some money to do the same thing for me. How do I ensure the red copy is lodged? Do I need to go to the surveyor general office to confirm by myself? Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by Bbdealer(m): 7:37am On Nov 21, 2019
The problem mostly comes from the client. When you give them the bill for the survey including logement fee they claim it too expensive and can get it done for much less (by a quak) some of the quak will back date to when the survey was done for less and the client will feel he is saving money but when a legal issue comes up he doesn't really realise that he has automatically shot himself in the foot
Re: The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan by ipeg34yahooco: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2019
GreatManBee:
Thanks. Ipeg34yahooco

I just paid a surveyor some money to do the same thing for me. How do I ensure the red copy is lodged? Do I need to go to the surveyor general office to confirm by myself? Thanks

You can ask the surveyor to show you proof of lodgement but with the high rate of fraudulent activities and unprofessionalism in this country,in addition to that you can also go to the surveyor general's office yourself and confirm.Better safe than sorry, right?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari reacts to school building collapse in Lagos Island / Different Types Of Apartments In Nigeria | Co-tenant / 7 Proven And Easy Ways To Reduce Your Next Building Cost!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.