Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,484 members, 7,816,147 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. (4168 Views)

As A First Time Car Owner, Toyota Corolla 2010 Or Honda Civic 2011? / Between Corolla 1.8L & Jetta 1.6 Which Is More Fuel Economical? / Which One Save More Fuel Btw Corolla 2009 And Corolla 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Kayodedavies101: 6:48am On Jul 31, 2020
hello peeps
Pls i want to know the difference between toyota corolla sport and corolla xrs.
One has a 1.8 litter engine
One has a 2.4 litter engine
Does the sport has a better fuel millage due to smaller engine ?
And pls what is the major difference when it comes to performance of both car model when it come performance
Help a brother pls...goggle dey confuse me

Thanks
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by determination26(m): 6:59am On Jul 31, 2020
Corolla S and Corolla XRS are quite similar in appearance(the only difference being the S badge in Sports and the XRS badge in Xtreme Rally Sports.
Now here are the few differences
S is Automatic transmission while XRS is Manual transmission.
The engines are equally the same size but the engine of the XRS has been tweaked a little to deliver some extra horsepower being that it's more or less meant to be a racing car.
The suspension of the XRS is a racing suspension.
Kayodedavies101:
hello peeps
And pls what is the major difference when it comes to performance of both car model when it come performance

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by nurey(m): 7:26am On Jul 31, 2020
Kayodedavies101:
hello peeps

Thanks

Corolla sport is a normal Corolla with sport kits added, it can be had as 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual with 1.8L engine.

Corolla XRS is fitted with 2.4L engine with 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto, comes with 4 disc brakes, sports tuned suspension and a host of other accessories you can get in a semi sports car.

3 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by onward4life(m): 7:56am On Jul 31, 2020
determination26
nurey

Una try for this explanation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Kayodedavies101: 8:02am On Jul 31, 2020
nurey:

Corolla sport is a normal Corolla with sport kits added, it can be had as 4 speed auto or 5 speed manual with 1.8L engine.

Corolla XRS is fitted with 2.4L engine with 5 speed manual or 5 speed auto, comes with 4 disc brakes, sports tuned suspension and a host of other accessories you can get in a semi sports car.
Pls wat can you say about the fuel efficiency and also afraid that the engine used on it has some oil issues like the ones in muscles
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Kayodedavies101: 8:04am On Jul 31, 2020
determination26:
Corolla S and Corolla XRS are quite similar in appearance(the only difference being the S badge in Sports and the XRS badge in Xtreme Rally Sports.
The engines are equally the same size but the engine of the XRS has been tweaked a little to deliver some extra horsepower being that it's more or less meant to be a racing car.
Pls what about the fuel efficiency can it still be the same with 1.8 litter engine
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by mejai(m): 9:49am On Jul 31, 2020
Kayodedavies101:

Pls what about the fuel efficiency can it still be the same with 1.8 litter engine
U will pay for the fun of xrs buying fuel. Though it may be negligible cos no be everyday u go dey race nah

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by nurey(m): 10:26am On Jul 31, 2020
Kayodedavies101:

Pls wat can you say about the fuel efficiency and also afraid that the engine used on it has some oil issues like the ones in muscles

fuel efficiency is negligible.

yes the engine in it is 2az, enjoy the fun and try to accommodate the downside
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by determination26(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2020
I use a 2005 corolla S, it's got the 1zz engine. 1zz is known to consume so much engine oil, I can attest to this after using my car for five years and replacing the engine recently. The 2010 corolla uses a 2zz engine and the problem of oil consumption was supposedly corrected in this engine so you shouldn't have issues with oil consumption. For 2010, the S comes with a 1.8 litre engine while the xrs comes with a 2 4 engine. A bigger engine displacement means more fuel consumption.
nurey:

fuel efficiency is negligible.

yes the engine in it is 2az, enjoy the fun and try to accommodate the downside

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Kayodedavies101: 1:15pm On Jul 31, 2020
determination26:
I use a 2005 corolla S, it's got the 1zz engine. 1zz is known to consume so much engine oil, I can attest to this after using my car for five years and replacing the engine recently. The 2010 corolla uses a 2zz engine and the problem of oil consumption was supposedly corrected in this engine so you shouldn't have issues with oil consumption. For 2010, the S comes with a 1.8 litre engine while the xrs comes with a 2 4 engine. A bigger engine displacement means more fuel consumption.
I want to choose between sport 2010 and 2010 xrs pls which one should I go for...am confused �

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by mejai(m): 2:41pm On Jul 31, 2020
Xrs!
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Kayodedavies101: 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2020
mejai:
Xrs!
Why xrs bro...
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by mejai(m): 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
Kayodedavies101:

Why xrs bro...
Apex Corolla (top of the table) Premium driving experience from Corolla

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by determination26(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2020
For me, I'd go for the S because it's automatic transmission and the engine is 1.8 litre meaning lesser fuel consumption. The XRS is not bad also but to the best of my understanding, it's only available in manual transmission
Kayodedavies101:

I want to choose between sport 2010 and 2010 xrs pls which one should I go for...am confused �
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Kayodedavies101: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
determination26:
For me, I'd go for the S because it's automatic transmission and the engine is 1.8 litre meaning lesser fuel consumption. The XRS is not bad also but to the best of my understanding, it's only available in manual transmission
This one is automatic with a 4 or 5 speed shifter
Am just curious if is not going to suck fuel like a normal muscle...because nah twerk muscle engine dey inside
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by determination26(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2020
Bro just buy the Corolla S, I could give you so many reasons why but at this point that's all my mind wants to suggest. Try doing a VIN check on whichever car you choose to buy though.
Kayodedavies101:

Am just curious if is not going to suck fuel like a normal muscle...because nah twerk muscle engine dey inside
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Wigetsolar: 10:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
determination26:

I had to google

https://naijadriva./2019/06/12/28-toyota-trim-level-acronyms-and-what-they-mean/
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Zane2point4(m): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2020
Buy xrs since it came with the automatic u need.
And also came with the 2.4l engine which is the same with camry engine and the fuel consumption in that engine is ok.

1.8l engine is too small, abi u wan make u and keke napep deh drag road?

1 Like

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Kayodedavies101: 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2020
Zane2point4:
Buy xrs since it came with the automatic u need.
And also came with the 2.4l engine which is the same with camry engine and the fuel consumption in that engine is ok.

1.8l engine is too small, abi u wan make u and keke napep deh drag road?
My nigga...i understand that there is little a 1.8 litter engine can do when it come to power and acceleration..
But every body they look for fuel efficiency...
I will go and check the xrs tomorrow
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Zane2point4(m): 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
Kayodedavies101:

My nigga...i understand that there is little a 1.8 litter engine can do when it come to power and acceleration..
But every body they look for fuel efficiency...
I will go and check the xrs tomorrow
Who says 2.4 isnt fuel efficient, na wao, 2k fuel sef you fit use am 3days, talking frm experience.
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by kingreign(m): 6:20am On Aug 02, 2020
Kayodedavies101:

I suggest you do not buy a car since all cars will consume fuel, rather buy a bicycle or a donkey.

Gosh! In 21st century, in a Toyota that's got very good MPG, someone still cries up and down about fuel fuel fuel?
Gosh! angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by mejai(m): 8:12am On Aug 02, 2020
kingreign:

I suggest you do not buy a car since all cars will consume fuel, rather buy a bicycle or a donkey.

Gosh! In 21st century, in a Toyota that's got very good MPG, someone still cries up and down about fuel fuel fuel?
Gosh! angry angry
Kingreign, this is Sunday morning abeg, I no wan laff.
If fuel was the only expensive part in a car, oh! Only if!!!

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by MrFinbarr(m): 8:20am On Aug 02, 2020
kingreign:

Gosh! angry angry

Bozz the thing tire me o. Nigerians tend to put fuel consumption ahead of performance while getting a car.
I wouldn't even think twice before going for the XRS.

Fuel this, fuel that.
Kuku buy a horse grin

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by mejai(m): 8:44am On Aug 02, 2020
MrFinbarr:

Bozz the thing tire me o. Nigerians tend to put fuel consumption ahead of performance while getting a car.
I wouldn't even think twice before going for the XRS.

Fuel this, fuel that.
Kuku buy a horse grin
We go still ask you camel and horse, which one no they chop grass or drink water paz? grin

2 Likes

Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by ifytrik(m): 10:08am On Aug 02, 2020
Just buy volkswagen polo hatch back grin
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by ifytrik(m): 10:17am On Aug 02, 2020
mejai:

We go still ask you camel and horse, which one no they chop grass or drink water paz? grin
gringringrin
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by lagusboyyy(m): 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
FUEL ECONOMY : Choose the Toyota Corolla S
PERFORMANCE : Choose the Toyota Corolla XRS
Re: Pls What Is The Difference Between Corolla 2010 Sport And Corolla 2010 Xrs.. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 03, 2020
mejai:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Breached Safety Issues At Filling Stations / HELP!!! Which Do I Choose?camry 2001 Or Pegeout 406 / Beware Of Car Dealers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.