Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? (18864 Views)

Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It / How Do I Make My Current Job Place My Ppa / NYSC Allawee For All States In Nigeria 2018 (current) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2018
Good evening everyone, pls i really need your advice on this issue.

I was posted to an NGO for my service year in February, they got me a house without pay. In April we had a project on HIV and AIDS and I was paid 20k. Ever since, I just go to work and sit down from morning 8am till 5pm doing nothing, I started and finished Game of Thrones from 1 to 7.

Before I was posted in camp I always dreamt of teaching in a secondary school, because that's were my passion is and, I have an ambition of being a lecturer.

Now, I recently saw a school were I can teach for twice in a week, but my current ppa closes by 5pm, which means I only have my cds on Wednesday free to teach, I have taught twice, and I really love it and want to continue.

The problem is how do I tell my Director at my NGO that I want to leave? He has been good and nice to me and they rely on me to do a lot of clerical work in the office, but inside of me I'm not fulfilled and don't have time for myself.

Its 6 months into my service and I'm not feeling like I'm impacting any live or my community.

I want to summit my resignation letter by the end of the month, and focus on my students especially in economics and accounting, if I leave I will also leave their accommodation, that means I will be coming twice a week from my uncle's house which is far (N500) daily to the school.

I've been praying about this for a month now, and even discussed it with my mum with her giving me her blessings to leave, today my Director during a meeting said teaching profession is the best ever, I was wondering if that's a sign, and I'm also planning on visiting my grandma in August when schools are on break, an opportunity my NGO won't give me.

Guys, what's ur take?
Leave or stay?

5 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Mikeross62: 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
Talk to your employee where you are working now about it,it's very important

6 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by buttlover(m): 10:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Hope you are not eyeing those secondary school girls.

well during my own days in service, i taught three schools plus extra lesson. ogun village close to benin republic. i was the geography master to the three school. teaching was fun, you meet lot of people though the ewedu wasn't that sweet as overhyped.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by ObiaboAdoka(m): 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2018
D poster above jux said my mine. kiss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Connoisseur(m): 12:46am On Jun 15, 2018
Leave or stay?
You can do both.

I believe you should discuss with your director. Let him know of your position and the positive impact you'd like to make in the community. Since your days are often free, I believe he'd permit you to do your two days a week job.

If he refuses, then you should leave.

My two cents

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by ScaffoldCON: 1:04am On Jun 15, 2018
We all start service year with the best plans. Bases on your personality, trust me, go for that challenging work you feel for. If you don't, at the end of the service, you'd feel you've wasted the time...

Talk to your current PPA about your desire for responsibility. If they can task you, great and if not, tell them you're leaving.

Peace be upon you...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 4:25am On Jun 15, 2018
buttlover:

Nah, its beyond that, I'm a very responsible guy, it has nothing to do with it.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 4:27am On Jun 15, 2018
ScaffoldCON:
We all start service year with the best plans. Bases on your personality, trust me, go for that challenging work you feel for. If you don't, at the end of the service, you'd feel you've wasted the time...

Talk to your current PPA about your desire for responsibility. If they can task you, great and if not, tell them you're leaving.

Peace be upon you...

Thanks boss.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 4:29am On Jun 15, 2018
Connoisseur:
Leave or stay?
You can do both.

I believe you should discuss with your director. Let him know of you poison and the positive impact you'd like to make in the community. Since your days are often free, I believe he'd permit you too so you're two days a week job.

If he refuses, then you should leave.

My two cents

That's d problem, if he refuses, it may look like I'm leaving because he refused, and it may spoil our already good relationship, I can leave without telling him the main reason.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by egopersonified(f): 6:33am On Jun 15, 2018
Why not arrange to teach two or three times a week. After teaching, if your lesson periods can be arranged from 8am to 12noon, then you head to the office from 1pm to 5pm

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Writingdiva: 7:02am On Jun 15, 2018
Explain to him like you have done here. Hopefully, he might give you leave to teach them and return to the office.

You don't have to quit either...be safe.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:13am On Jun 15, 2018
egopersonified:
Why not arrange to teach two or three times a week. After teaching, if your lesson periods can be arranged from 8am to 12noon, then you head to the office from 1pm to 5pm

The challenge here is that we are 3 corps members (2 females and me) one corps member has already been granted permission to go for her tailoring class from around 1pm, the other lady is angry and also wants time off for her tailoring class, coupled with my own request, I fear that the man may get angry, thinking we all want to play him or leave the office for no one.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:16am On Jun 15, 2018
Writingdiva:
Explain to him like you have done here. Hopefully, he might give you leave to teach them and return to the office.

You don't have to quit either...be safe.

I don't think he will buy it, if he doesn't, I still have to quit, and it may spoil our good relationship.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Writingdiva: 7:32am On Jun 15, 2018
CsRockefeller:

I don't think he will buy it, if he doesn't, I still have to quit, and it may spoil our good relationship.

I think if you would eventually quit, you have nothing to lose by telling him.

And besides, you won't know that until you tell him.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Emmaesty(f): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2018
To the best of my knowledge, you cannot resign from your ppa.

Your ppa will have to reject you and then you will return to your local government and request to be sent to that school (you must have a request letter).

If the NGO says No, then it's No. My advice for you is to ask to take your CDS days and Fridays off

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by DIYhackers: 7:52am On Jun 15, 2018
The fastest solution to this is to follow your passion. Seems you love teaching than the NGO works; though you like that too. So don't waste your time on sentiments, resign and continue what you love doing.

To keep both doors open, do it the right way pls. Tell your NGO director that you're open and available for any upcoming projects on part-time basis.

BTW, I'm giving out a way to get FREE browsing data, if you're interested, send me a PM now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by freemanbubble: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2018
bro
go run things with your director joor

you just dey do like say nor be naija you dey
everything is possible.

I don see person when he be say na security guy and no still full time student

he just run things with him boss so him boss come allow am dey come work only at night then during the day he go baff enter class
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by pinkyruledworld(m): 7:55am On Jun 15, 2018
NYSC...a waste of 1 year

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by lilfreezy: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2018
Go ask your L.I

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CertifiedA: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2018
Ooops
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by mbahjohnpaul: 7:56am On Jun 15, 2018
Let me advice u bro, people do voluntary work for 2 yrs just to get NGO experience. Kindly complete ur service year with d NGO.. U might get employed..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by hector1046(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2018
buttlover:
lol its seems you're reading my mind
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by steefi07: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2018
You can do both since you are less busy at the NGO combine the two
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jun 15, 2018
wait let me read first

op. continue with the ngo job.
you can do anything you like after service year

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by officialteemi(m): 7:59am On Jun 15, 2018
u better learn a good voc-skill....since ur free.
u r at advantage
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Sunnybabe(m): 7:59am On Jun 15, 2018
buttlover:
lol......#bad belle....with bad thoughts.....��
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Maket: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2018
egopersonified:
since you said, you are less busy and at the same time they rely on you for cleric work, meaning that you still have something doing. Take this advice.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Jarus(m): 8:00am On Jun 15, 2018
Politely approach your boss, thank him and tell him why you want to move on.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 8:03am On Jun 15, 2018
Talk to your employer and your LI they can help you out. During my youth service, I taught in 2 schools. It was very interesting. Teaching is really cool, you will have time for yourself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nysc Batch B Senate List / Dalung Inaugurates NYSC Operational Vehicles (photos) / Prospective Nysc "Edo State"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.