Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,848 members, 7,956,177 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:00 AM

Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? (19915 Views)

Should I Continue With My Current PPA Or Change It / How Do I Make My Current Job Place My Ppa / NYSC Allawee For All States In Nigeria 2018 (current) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Reeb2244: 9:51am On Jun 15, 2018
buttlover:
Hope you are not eyeing those secondary school girls.

well during my own days in service, i taught three schools plus extra lesson. ogun village close to benin republic. i was the geography master to the three school. teaching was fun, you meet lot of people though the ewedu wasn't that sweet as overhyped.
What kind of senseless comment is this? You taught them geography. What's the issue with overhyped ewedu you talking about again? undecided

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by explicite(m): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2018
Dont resign, its a lot of work to apply for a new PPA and get it... I dont even know if it will be possible in your case.

In my opinion, you should just discuss with your boss about your passion and dreams and the opportunity you have right now, if he can help you work out a deal to close early one other day apart from your CDS day. So exploit the opportunity on the half day an CDS day...
That's just what I feel.

PS. Can one resigne from PPA during NYSC, I am not sure.
If you resign and you are not redeployed then that's another trouble because you will have to go back and beg for your job

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:10am On Jun 15, 2018
Thank you the mod that pushed this to FP, wasn't expecting at all.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Blonchilli(m): 10:12am On Jun 15, 2018
CsRockefeller:
Good evening everyone, pls i really need your advice on this issue.

I was posted to an NGO for my service year in February, they got me a house without pay. In April we had a project on HIV and AIDS and I was paid 20k. Ever since, I just go to work and sit down from morning 8am till 5pm doing nothing, I started and finished Game of Thrones from 1 to 7.

Before I was posted in camp I always dreamt of teaching in a secondary school, because that's were my passion is and, I have an ambition of being a lecturer.

Now, I recently saw a school were I can teach for twice in a week, but my current ppa closes by 5pm, which means I only have my cds on Wednesday free to teach, I have taught twice, and I really love it and want to continue.

The problem is how do I tell my Director at my NGO that I want to leave? He has been good and nice to me and they rely on me to do a lot of clerical work in the office, but inside of me I'm not fulfilled and don't have time for myself.

Its 6 months into my service and I'm not feeling like I'm impacting any live or my community.

I want to summit my resignation letter by the end of the month, and focus on my students especially in economics and accounting, if I leave I will also leave their accommodation, that means I will be coming twice a week from my uncle's house which is far (N500) daily to the school.

I've been praying about this for a month now, and even discussed it with my mum with her giving me her blessings to leave, today my Director during a meeting said teaching profession is the best ever, I was wondering if that's a sign, and I'm also planning on visiting my grandma in August when schools are on break, an opportunity my NGO won't give me.

Guys, what's ur take?
Leave or stay?
You sound like you don't have the proper orientation. Are you not aware that you can't resign from your ppa? You can only be rejected and also what about your clearance letter? Do the school have authorization to give you that? If such a decision is to be made you should go through your L. I. If you do this and if your current ppa wants to punish you could report you and you could get an extension. Nysc wasn't created for you to be "fulfilled ". Do your time and bounce but think about your next step in life. If you really want to teach and you have a good relationship with your current boss talk to him about it. If he's as nice as you say he can approve the days you have classes but your clearance will still come from the ngo. Don't put yourself in trouble because of signs and unnecessary things. When I served I was able to do three different jobs and I didn't go behind my ppa. They knew and gave me time off. Even the third term exam I couldn't attend it cause of my schedule because they trusted me. Be wise. God will not direct you to trouble. Talk with your school and if they don't allow you then talk with your LI. I don't see the bruhaha with teaching self. Yes you have a passion but can't you wait till you finish your service year?

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Exmay(m): 10:41am On Jun 15, 2018
CsRockefeller:

I was posted to an NGO for my service year in February, they got me a house without pay. In April we had a project on HIV and AIDS and I was paid 20k. Ever since, I just go to work and sit down from morning 8am till 5pm doing nothing, I started and finished Game of Thrones from 1 to 7.

Before I was posted in camp I always dreamt of teaching in a secondary school, because that's were my passion is and, I have an ambition of being a lecturer.

Now, I recently saw a school were I can teach for twice in a week, but my current ppa closes by 5pm, which means I only have my cds on Wednesday free to teach, I have taught twice, and I really love it and want to continue.

The problem is how do I tell my Director at my NGO that I want to leave? He has been good and nice to me and they rely on me to do a lot of clerical work in the office, but inside of me I'm not fulfilled and don't have time for myself.

Its 6 months into my service and I'm not feeling like I'm impacting any live or my community.

I want to summit my resignation letter by the end of the month, and focus on my students especially in economics and accounting, if I leave I will also leave their accommodation, that means I will be coming twice a week from my uncle's house which is far (N500) daily to the school.

I've been praying about this for a month now, and even discussed it with my mum with her giving me her blessings to leave, today my Director during a meeting said teaching profession is the best ever, I was wondering if that's a sign, and I'm also planning on visiting my grandma in August when schools are on break, an opportunity my NGO won't give me.

Guys, what's ur take?
Leave or stay?

Actually, since you will only be teaching in the school Twice a week, i will advise you to run it alongside your PPA. You will be reporting late or not at all on some days to your PPA, and be going to the school for teaching. once you are done for the day, you just go back to your PPA. just tell your immediate boss that you are doing some personal development stuff.
in light of this, you may need to put in extra effort at your PPA e.g by going to work after your weekly cds meet. but overall, its very possible fopr you to keep two jobs as a corper.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by jumiasalesguy3: 10:41am On Jun 15, 2018
Before leaving or bringing up the topic, ensure you have found a place that will accept you immediately if not you risk roaming the street for the remaining 5 months of your service year. You should have rejected the offer right from the onset. It's to late now, your currently employee holds the right to reject your demands. I hope you no the processes involve in changing PPA Midway into your service for no justifiable cause. think deeply before deciding. My advice is for you to take tutorials nearby in addition to your suppose boring job. Leaving will be complicating.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 15, 2018
Centcanada:
The misery about life is this: Not what you want temporary that matter but what God wants you to be everlastingly remain the main thing. Stay where you are and you will know what the Lord has in store for you. Profession or no profession, you love teaching or not, it never matter. There is no work in this country and who knows if with time, the NGO will become big and you occupy a very mighty position, what will you now say? Patience.
You are not making any sense. I hope you dont teach your children this approach to life. U can aswell sleep on ur bed daily and fold your arms
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Nelchuksmandela(m): 11:11am On Jun 15, 2018
If u don't know how to communicate it to ur boss, I think u should tell ur LGI, hence u don't HV problem with him or her , its a little challenge......try it and thank me later.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Toscoas2(m): 11:29am On Jun 15, 2018
To the best of my knowledge you cannot resign from your PPA. Your PPA can only reject you few days after posting aside that you stay glued to it till service year finish. Except your current boss give you permission base on understanding btw you and him nothing can be done. I wonder why people prayed about wrong step. Talking to you NGO boss is the right step and which prayer can work with. stay blessed.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Syphonn(m): 11:31am On Jun 15, 2018
Why you should study a professional course

In this era, we live in a competitive world whereby one needs to upgrade from one level to another.it is preferable that one study a Professional course in order to get a good job. Some courses are now becoming outdated in the labour market. This is why it is very important to study a professional course. A Professional Course helps an individual attain some chartered status in some giving fields.

READ MORE http://www.syphonnglobal.com/why-you-should-study-a-professional-course/
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by thatigboman: 11:33am On Jun 15, 2018
U can't resign. U can only ask for Change of PPA. Service year is 11 months. U have done 6. Why don't u just complete it there. U may get another project and that will keep u busy. Before u know it, the service year is over.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by thatigboman: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2018
Sterope:
Your director may be nice but you need to think about yourself. They should get a clerical officer if they needed one. You are a graduate, you need to put your education into better use. Explain to the director before you go ahead to resign but don't give him. Uou can start wih your passion fot teaching. You can still use the NGO in your CV. It will come in handy. Best of luck!

don't u know that most Corpers are used for only clerical work in most organizations?

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Bolnij2: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2018
Talk to your Director and let him give you some hours on the two days of the week to teach the students. As an NGO, it could also be their contribution towards the upliftment of those children. I believe if you handle it properly, you will get a good response and it will be a win win situation.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by maxiuc(m): 12:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
mbahjohnpaul:
Let me advice u bro, people do voluntary work for 2 yrs just to get NGO experience. Kindly complete ur service year with d NGO.. U might get employed..
you are Right my brother I missed an opportunity to collect 650k a month salary with UNFPA just because I don't have An NGO working experience you know those guys employs based on experience

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Connoisseur(m): 2:48pm On Jun 15, 2018
SoftP:

RIP to English meehn

12:46 am
Auto correct
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by gagadey(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Guys, what's ur take?
Leave or stay?

My brother,first of all,it depends on which NGO u are posted to wrk in. If its an international NGO,i advice u to strongly stay biko. Forgt abt the money nw. It will hlp u to boost ur CV in future whr u’d earn really big money. Pls and pls do not leave. Na beg i dey,cos i knw frm experience wot it is to have an NGO experience. NGO naim win am nw fr d kwantri oo. Except ur parle hold wel wel

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jun 15, 2018
mbahjohnpaul:
Let me advice u bro, people do voluntary work for 2 yrs just to get NGO experience. Kindly complete ur service year with d NGO.. U might get employed..

Some people don't know the value of things they have till they loose it
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2018
gagadey:

My brother,first of all,it depends on which NGO u are posted to wrk in. If its an international NGO,i advice u to strongly stay biko. Forgt abt the money nw. It will hlp u to boost ur CV in future whr u’d earn really big money. Pls and pls do not leave. Na beg i dey,cos i knw frm experience wot it is to have an NGO experience. NGO naim win am nw fr d kwantri oo. Except ur parle hold wel wel

Its a local NGO.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by mechanics(m): 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
You can stay but tell him you need some days to be teaching in the other school.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Thank you everyone for your comments, suggestions, and advice. I will use everything you all have said in making a sound and fulfilling decision. At the end the consensus is that I do what is best me.

I will take all suggestions stated here and thoroughly analyze them as regards my situation before coming to a decision, I hope to later update you all.

Whatever decision i take, i hope its d right one, lest posterity will be unkind to me

Thank you all, Nl truly has great and sound minds.

1 Like

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:55am On Jul 12, 2018
Hello guys, long time. I guess everyone is doing fine.

So having listened to everyone's advice, I decided to stay put. I will be completing my service year with them. On the school, I managed to squeeze out time to teach them Economics and Accounting, they started their exams today. I also got a booking for a home lesson for next month, so I guess its a win-win situation.

I figured out that its better I stay back especially as I have started some personal humanitarian projects to help the community especially with the IDPs in Jos (if you are interested in helping these people you can contact me, together with some corps members we will be visiting the camp next week Friday God willing) so a little touch of experience and learning the robes with my NGO won't be bad.

I'm motivated like never before to serve my country and impact my community, once again thank you all for your contributions they were helpful.

kiss

3 Likes

Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:18pm On Aug 31, 2018
Despite being encouraged to stay and me willing to stay, I regret to announce that I've left my p.p.a since the 29th of July. The toxic and non cordial working atmosphere didn't subsize. I've left their accommodation and my LGI has been on my neck.

I wanted to stay sincerely, but it couldn't be a happy ending. While I don't want to lay blame on some people who forced me out, I hope posterity will be kind on me based on the decision I've taken.

I'm sad that I let down the Executive Director who was good to me and regarded me very highly, somewhere in me still wonders if I've shot myself in the foot.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by Hardrive(m): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2018
Brother, I feel you can help me out here. I need
a ppa but better still if would be in a primary or secondary school in Abuja. I also enjoy teaching. Thanks.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by PrimadonnaO(f): 3:23am On Sep 06, 2018
CsRockefeller:
Despite being encouraged to stay and me willing to stay, I regret to announce that I've left my p.p.a since the 29th of July. The toxic and non cordial working atmosphere didn't subsize. I've left their accommodation and my LGI has been on my neck.

I wanted to stay sincerely, but it couldn't be a happy ending. While I don't want to lay blame on some people who forced me out, I hope posterity will be kind on me based on the decision I've taken.

I'm sad that I let down the Executive Director who was good to me and regarded me very highly, somewhere in me still wonders if I've shot myself in the foot.

What happened? You were almost finishing.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

What happened? You were almost finishing.
I was constantly being targeted at, there was no change in the working environment and conditions, so I decided to jump before I was pushed.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
CsRockefeller:
I was constantly being targeted at, there was no change in the working environment and conditions, so I decided to jump before I was pushed.

Hmm. So, how do you go about clearance? Got another official PPA?
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by CsRockefeller(m): 6:59pm On Sep 06, 2018
PrimadonnaO:

Hmm. So, how do you go about clearance? Got another official PPA?

Yes, but my Lgi has come into the matter, I've not been cleared for September. My former ppa reported me and I've been treated like a thief but tomorrow I will know my final fate.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:54pm On Sep 06, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Yes, but my Lgi has come into the matter, I've not been cleared for September. My former ppa reported me and I've been treated like a thief but tomorrow I will know my final fate.

Wow. I hope everything turns out well.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by charliejose: 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Hi, I'm currently in this situation you were in. I loathed my PPA right from the beginning. I'm the only corps member in a whole pharmaceutical company. Prior to my coming here, 8 corpers served in this company just before I started, and the HR has decided to accept only me this year (meaning I'm doing a job of almost 8 persons). Initially, we were two that were accepted, but the other girl left on grounds of having accommodation problem. I even brought another corper that was willing to work there to replace her, but they sent her away, promising that they'll request for another corper of which they haven't till now. I graduated as a Pharmacologist, and during the interview, I was briefed on my job description which included going for market research and conferences. But, right now as I speak, I work as a customer care rep, office assistant, market research analyst, sometimes a receptionist, and even at a certain time, a cameraman. To add salt to injury, I've terrible people as my direct bosses, always trying to browbeat and intimidate their subordinates at any chance they get. I could have even been able to endure the job, but the environment is just so unfriendly, and caustic, and extremely unhealthy. I don't have the intentions of getting retained here as what I'm doing presently doesn't in anyway align with what I envisaged my career to be. I kinda have a crazy person as a LGI from experiences other corps members have had with her. I once sent her a text about changing my PPA on the basis of distance, but she vehemently criticized me and even threatened to report me to the disciplinary committee if I don't settle in. I've spent 3 months here, having 6 months to go, and might go crazy before I finish my service year. I really don't know which way to go. Friends and family keep advising me to endure.
Re: Should I Resign From My Current P.P.A? by charliejose: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2018
CsRockefeller:

Please, how were you able to leave?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

JJC Corper Reflects On Hustle Of Lagos Life / Peter Ifagbuyi: LASU Graduate Shines At NYSC Competition, Wins ₦1M Cash Prize / World Class Fumigation And Pest Control Training In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.