Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation (2422 Views)

Dad’s Return To Nigeria Homeless After 30 Years In UK, US Sad – Son / Lady Wants To Return To Her Country Due To Maltreatment From Her Nigerian Husban / Women Who Didn't Marry As Virgin Should Return To Their Parent's House -Man Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by iListen(f): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2018
A United State spokesperson on Gun ownership and the second amendment, Dana Loesch, has hit out at Nigerian author and prominent feminist, Chimamanda Adichie and told her to “return to her own country and worry about genital mutilation”

This is in response to Adichie’s appearance on the Today show where she spoke out against what people deem to be acts of chivalry which she explained was subtle sexism.

According to Chimamanda; “I think gestures like holding the door shouldn’t be gender-based,”

“I’m quite happy for people to hold the door for me. But I hope they’re not doing it because of this sort of idea of chivalry.

“Because chivalry is really about the idea that women are somehow weak and need protecting. But we know that really, there are many women who are stronger than many men.”

Loesch, however, opined that Adichie did not understand the concept of chivalry and said she should focus more on the ills in her nations such as gender mutilation.

“I don’t think she understands quite the concept of chivalry, which was a code of conduct for gentlemen,” Loesch said.

“With all due respect to Adichie — and I’m familiar with her — I think it’s a luxury of third-way feminism to complain about holding doors open for people where her country, Nigeria, it ranks top in the world for female genital mutilation, which I think if far more of a disservice to women and far more suppressive than someone courteously opening the door for someone else."

www.herald.ng

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Luminee(f): 10:45am On Jun 15, 2018
Chimamanda again
Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Viralkid: 10:45am On Jun 15, 2018
our very own judge and jury of femininist don come again.
Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 11:32am On Jun 15, 2018
A round of applause for the honourable spokeswoman of the NRA, Mrs. Dana Loech for not failing to school our very own Chimanmanda on what the real issues of gender equality are supposed to be about.

Dana Loech is a Democrat by the way, so we can't accuse her of being a close minded Republican. She just chose to apply common sense.

I really wish Ben Shapiro and Chimanmanda Adichie would have a debate on one of his video channels, that would be heaven for me.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:
A round of applause for the honourable spokeswoman of the NRA, Mrs. Dana Loech for not failing to school our very own Chimanmanda on what the real issues of gender equality are supposed to be about.

Dana Loech is a Democrat by the way, so we can't accuse her of being a close minded Republican. She just chose to apply common sense.

I really wish Ben Shapiro and Chimanmanda Adichie would have a debate on one of his video channels, that would be heaven for me.

What is the Today show? grin It was on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
People nowadays like to jump on headlines taken out of context to give their uninformed opinions, like Crackhaus. grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 12:13pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

What is the Today show? grin It was on The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
People nowadays like to jump on headlines taken out of context to give their uninformed opinions, like Crackhaus. grin
Just like your mentor Miss Chimanmanda Adichie, you people will never focus on the real issues.

Who the hell cares the name of the show she made the statement? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

Just like your mentor Miss Chimanmanda Adichie, you people will never focus on the real issues.

Who the hell cares the name of the show she made the statement? cheesy

We can focus on whatever we want to and you can make uninformed comments based on sentence taken out of context. wink cheesy
Almost everyone does it today. People read a headline and comment on an article without reading it, missing the point entirely cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

By the way, she is not. More fake news and more uninformed comments. cheesygrin

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 3:56pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

We can focus on whatever we want to and you can make uninformed comments based on sentence taken out of context. wink cheesy
Almost everyone does it today. People read a headline and comment on an article without reading it, missing the point entirely cheesy
You're still saying nothing. grin

Focus on the issue - Dana Loesch responded to a comment your infallible mentor made.

What's your take, or are you going to play possum until your madam responds herself so you can then twerk on that narrative since you can't come with one of your own?

5 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

You're still saying nothing. grin

Focus on the issue - Dana Loesch responded to a comment your infallible mentor made.

What's your take, or are you going to play possum until your madam responds herself so you can then twerk on that narrative since you can't come with one of your own?

I am glad you asked. I love speaking my mind. cheesysmiley

I have no problem with men opening doors for me, in fact, they should roll out the red carpet. I would love that! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 4:31pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

By the way, she is not. More fake news and more uninformed comments. cheesygrin
Okay you got that from Google search obviously, I honestly didn't know she had denounced the Democratic party...I just know her from her days at Brietbart.

Ben Shapiro is the only former Breitbart editor I still follow, and you should too. Go through his political and social commentaries in your free time, you might just learn a thing or two on how to hold a debate without sentiments.
Check out the one where he annihilated Piers Morgan on gun control.

Thanks for the correction anyway, if I had used Google I probably would have known she is now a Tea party member.

Now can you talk about this roasting Dana just gave your madam.. you've deflected enough. grin

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 4:35pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

I am glad you asked. I love speaking my mind. cheesysmiley

I have no problem with men opening doors for me, in fact, they should roll out the red carpet. I would love that! cheesy
So you agree Chimanmanda didn't know what she was saying when she said it means you are weak and need protecting... grin

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

Okay you got that from Google search obviously, I honestly didn't know she had denounced the Democratic party...I just know her from her days at Brietbart.

And you have not seen the original interview either. It is on youtube. Stop relying on headlines. Don't be mentally lazy. wink

Ben Shapiro is the only one I still follow, and you should too. Go through his political and social commentaries in your free time, you might just learn a thing or two on how to hold a debate without sentiments.
Check out the one where he annihilated Piers Morgan on gun control.

I will even though I am less sentimental than you are ... by far tongue
I take my time to get the full picture, the context, before making uninformed comments. grin

I see Shapiro has not taught you too well.

Thanks for the correction anyway, if I had used Google I probably would have known she is now a Tea party member.

It was my pleasure. smiley kiss cheesy

TEA PARTY!
Which makes me wonder how a smart cat like you would rather jump on the open door remarks instead of being bewildered by the go back to your country comments. Sentiments?

Now can you talk about this roasting Dana just gave your madam.. you've deflected enough. grin

The only one who has been roasted here, is you. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

So you agree Chimanmanda didn't know what she was saying when she said it means you are weak and need protecting... grin

I cannot agree with something she has not said.
The original interview.
Enjoy!

Two wonderful people ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czogWQ34X1Y

#contextmatters

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 4:46pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

And you have not seen the original interview either. It is on youtube. Stop relying on headlines. Don't be mentally lazy. wink

I will even though I am less sentimental than you are ... by far tongue
I take my time to get the full picture, the context, before making uninformed comments. grin

I see Shapiro has not taught you too well.

It was my pleasure. smiley kiss cheesy

TEA PARTY!
Which makes me wonder how a smart cat like you would rather jump on the open door remarks instead of being bewildered by the go back to your country comments. Sentiments?

The only one who has been roasted here, is you. tongue
I admitted you corrected me on one little thing and you're jerking all over me with explosive orgasmic rhythms. cheesy

Get over yourself, it wasn't a cure for AIDS you discovered.

So you have seen the original interview, how does that in any way take away from what she said?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

I cannot agree with something she has not said.
The original interview.
Enjoy!

Two wonderful people ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czogWQ34X1Y

#contextmatters
I guess Dana Loesch didn't watch the show either and does not understand context the way only you can understand it.
She also relies on headlines like I do.
Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

I admitted you corrected me on one little thing and you're jerking all over me with explosive orgasmic rhythms. cheesy

Get over yourself, it wasn't a cure for AIDS you discovered.

But you must admit that you taking corrections comes close to it. grin
How do you expect me to get over myself so quickly then? cheesygrin

So you have seen the original interview, how does that in any way take away from what she said?

She said that we should hold the door for everyone, not only for women when we assume they are weak.
Just this morning, I was holding the door for a colleague because I saw him coming down the stairs just the moment I was opening the door. I waited for a few seconds. We did some small talk and that was the beginning of the weekend. Quite nice, isn't it?

She also thinks that the idea of chivalry is 'the idea that women are somehow weak'. And it is, isn't it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

I guess Dana Loesch didn't watch the show either and does not understand context the way only you can understand it.
She also relies on headlines like I do.

She is a TEA PARTY member. She found the perfect opportunity to attack an immigrant, a black one for that matter, that's like extra orgasmic for her.

Talking about focus, why don't you for a minute focus on the 'go back to your country' part?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

But you must admit that you taking corrections comes close to it. grin
How do you expect me to get over myself so quickly then? cheesygrin

She said that we should hold the door for everyone, not only for women when we assume they are weak.
Just this morning, I was holding the door for a colleague because I saw him coming down the stairs just the moment I was opening the door. I waited for a few seconds. We did some small talk and that was the beginning of the weekend. Quite nice, isn't it?

She also thinks that the idea of chivalry is 'the idea that women are somehow weak'. And it is, isn't it?

Girl you're smarter than this...how can you not see the problem with that statement?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

Girl you're smarter than this...how can you not see the problem with that statement?

The same way you cannot see the problem with the 'go back to your country', I guess. undecided

Kindly explain what is so outrageous about it, please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

She is a TEA PARTY member. She found the perfect opportunity to attack an immigrant, a black one for that matter, that's like extra orgasmic for her.

Talking about focus, why don't you for a minute focus on the 'go back to your country' part?
This is one problem I have noticed is common with people on the far left when it comes to social issues. What you just did is basically label her a racist without actually using the word...this is a tactic you all use to shutdown any argument made towards a black person.

Is it not true that Nigerian women living in Nigeria have more important inequality issues other than chivalry that should be tackled?
What then is wrong with her making that reference?

Meanwhile, Dana has also had a few things to say about her fellow white women. So it really has very little to do with what you're making it to be.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by UjuJoan2: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
This woman makes no sense . . . So her point is that CNA should not air an opinion because her country tops the FGM charts?

undecided undecided

Has she ever denied or defended any known vice of Nigeria? If anything she's one of the most outspoken when it comes to condenming them. But I guess this racist expects her to bury her opinions because she's Nigerian.

And some idiots are clapping for her?

SMH!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

This is one problem I have noticed is common with people on the far left when it comes to social issues. What you just did is basically label her a racist without actually using the word...this is a tactic you all use to shutdown any argument made towards a black person.

She is a TEA PARTY member and she has told a Black woman to go back to her country. I am not making racism up, it is racist and I will always speak out against it. PROUDLY!

Is it not true that Nigerian women living in Nigeria have more important inequality issues other than chivalry that should be tackled?
What then is wrong with her making that reference?

She was addressing the American audience and even if she wasn't, she has the right to address subtle as well as more extreme forms issues.
Why can't she do both?

Meanwhile, Dana has also had a few things to say about her fellow white women. So it really has very little to do with what you're making it to be.

As above.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 5:48pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

She is a TEA PARTY member and she has told a Black woman to go back to her country. I am not making racism up, it is racist and I will always speak out against it. PROUDLY!

She was addressing the American audience and even if she wasn't, she has the right to address subtle as well as more extreme forms issues.
Why can't she do both?

As above.
Lol.. Alright then cool

I do however fail to see why you keep stressing her party affiliations. Is she racist because of her political leaning, or has she always been racist even while she was a Democrat?
Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

Lol.. Alright then cool

I do however fail to see why you keep stressing her party affiliations. Is she racist because of her political leaning, or has she always been racist even while she was a Democrat?

She is racist for telling a Black immigrant to go home to voice her opinions. Obviously.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

The same way you cannot see the problem with the 'go back to your country', I guess. undecided

Kindly explain what is so outrageous about it, please.
It is totally outrageous to believe chivalry directed at women comes from the idea that women are somehow weak. cheesycheesy

Opening or holding doors for anyone is an act of KINDNESS, simple.
What Chimanmanda inadvertently ended up doing by making that statement is reveal to anyone with an ability to read beyond words, that she might actually see herself as weak..which is the only reason she would think the person expressing that gesture did it for another reason except kindness.

Didn't you just admit you do like it when doors are opened or held for you to go through? grin
Do you consider yourself weak because of this?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 6:04pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

She is racist for telling a Black immigrant to go home to voice her opinions. Obviously.
If she had not said "go back to your country", every other thing she said would make sense to you, yes?
Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

It is totally outrageous to believe chivalry directed at women comes from the idea that women are somehow weak. cheesycheesy

Opening or holding doors for anyone is an act of KINDNESS, simple.
What Chimanmanda inadvertently ended up doing by making that statement is reveal to anyone with an ability to read beyond words, that she might actually see herself as weak..which is the only reason she would think the person expressing that gesture did it for another reason except kindness.

Didn't you just admit you do like it when doors are opened or held for you to go through? grin
Do you consider yourself weak because of this?

In the West, where the interview was conducted, the idea of chivalry stem from a time where women were indeed in weaker positions. Fairy tales, which little girls all across the Western world grew up with, had a Princess and a Knight/King, who eventually saved her, as their main protagonists. While you may think that this is romantic cheesy , anyone with an ability to read between the lines, understands the gender roles that are enforced by such tales and how they affected the female psyche. wink

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

If she had not said "go back to your country", every other thing she said would make sense to you, yes?

Every other? Which is every other?

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

In the West, where the interview was conducted, the idea of chivalry stem from a time where women were indeed in weaker positions. Fairy tales, which little girls all across the Western world grew up with, had a Princess and a Knight/King, who eventually saved her, as their main protagonists. While you may think that this is romantic cheesy , anyone with an ability to read between the lines, understands the gender roles that are enforced by such tales and how they affected the female psyche. wink
So your psyche has been affected then since you enjoy it when doors are opened or held for you to go through.
You consider yourself weak?
Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
crackhaus:

So your psyche has been affected then since you enjoy it when doors are opened or held for you to go through.
You consider yourself weak?

Yeah, I am severely impacted and affected. Where are my tranquilizers? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Should Return To Her Country And Speak On Gender Mutilation by crackhaus: 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
Mindfulness:

Every other? Which is every other?
Every other sentence that does not have "go back to your country" in it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Men In The House Can You Will Your Wealth To Your Wife? / Women, Never Date Or Marry A Man Below Your Financial Status / Abomination and Incest: Nigeria's Baby Wives!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.