Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,076 members, 7,828,792 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis (1874 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / Romans 7 : The Flesh Test - Paul Ellis / 3 Reasons Why I Don't Preach On Repentance ( "Turn From Sin" ) - Paul Ellis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
Osezua:
@jiggaz what was the whole essence of salvation in the first place? when Adam was created he had eternal security. God said what \he created was good. The moment Adam sinned against God through disobedience and lost his relationship with God. He died spiritually. What led to his spiritual death? he sinned the sin of disobedience. Now you see that what he did physically affected him spiritually. His spiritual state wasn't protected from his physical state. So also every true believer has been reconciled back to God by Grace (unmerited favor) not by our works. A free gift has been made available to all men. All we need do to access this gift is believe on the One who has made the provision and repent i.e turn away from our sinful ways. Think about the parable of the prodigal son, while he left the presence of his father to the world he was lost but the moment he returned the father welcomed him. As long as you remain in the world and conform to the world you are lost. But the moment you repent and return back to God He receives you back.
For the records, Adam was not a redeemed being. He was created in the image of God and he was innocent. The devil tempted him telling him he will be like God if he eats the fruit meanwhile he was already like God in his image. So telling a believer that he needs to keep his salvation by his efforts so he can be righteous is like replaying how satan tricked Adam in the garden of Eden. Salvation is God's work from beginning till the end. Christ will never lose any of us... Nothing can void our salvation. Adam was an innocent perfect being while we are redeemed being ( a new creation) in Christ. What God gained in Redemption is far better than what he gained in creation. And it is all because of what Christ did at the cross.

My brother, i can see you will never agree or understand my view of the finished work of Christ. So i suggest you let it rest because i don't like argument cos it is pointless. Just overlook my posts. I believe in eternal security of the believer, while you don't and we will never agree. So just let it rest cos this is how i see God. I see everything from the finished work of Christ. Have a great day.
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
Osezua:
The parable of the ten virgins shows 50% of the ones with a burning lamp from the last generation will no longer be known by Jesus when he returns (Mt. 25:1-13)! We must endure to the end to be saved (Mt. 10:22; Heb. 3:14; Rev. 2:10,11). We are battling for eternity and nothing less.false prophets false teachers Multitudes will go to eternal punishment beyond the grave (Mt. 25:46;
The parable of the ten virgins did not apply to the church. The church is the bride and not the bridesmaids. The parable is about the tribulation saints waiting for Christ at the end of the age after the tribulation.

Look, save yourself all these efforts. We will never agree. I have treated the 10 virgins in one of my posts. So please rest with the argument. I don't have time to start arguing about the word. Anyhow you feel is the right way for you, please go ahead and leave me out of it. Argument is not my thing. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and belief. Have a great day brother.
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2018
Morning
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:49am On Jul 12, 2018
Jesus
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2018
Oh lord Jesus
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 8:59pm On Nov 30, 2020
Lord Jesus
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2020
Now
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bump
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
Now.......
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 6:16pm On Apr 07, 2021
Yes Lord
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2021
Yesss
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2021
Bump
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:22pm On May 01, 2021
Lord Jesus
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 7:16pm On Jun 02, 2021
Yes..
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:08am On Jun 03, 2021
Yeah
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
Evening
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2022
Glory
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2022
Nowwww
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 9:29am On Jan 07, 2022
Morning
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 1:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
Booom
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
Great..
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:55pm On Mar 14, 2023
Yesss
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2023
Evening
Re: 1 Corinthians 9:27 : Disqualified For The Prize? - Paul Ellis by jiggaz(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2023
Booom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" / Have U Christians Heard Of The Council Of Nicea? / Better Nigeria - The Weekly Divine Help For Nigeria's 150 Million+ People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.