Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" (1846 Views)

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / 10 Big Things Jesus Said That We Keep Forgetting / John 15:2... He Taketh Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Techobeys: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2023
In this video on TECH, we explore the statement Jesus made in Mathew 11:12. We interpreted the statement within the context it was made and explained who is the violent that things things by force. Kindly watch and share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlYfriDdF_g

1 Like

Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Techobeys: 8:20pm On Feb 14, 2023
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Techobeys: 8:13am On Feb 15, 2023
Watch this
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Techobeys: 8:45am On Feb 16, 2023
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2023
No, it can't be taken

2 Likes

Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by terrezo2002(m): 11:39am On Feb 16, 2023
jaephoenix:
No, it can't be taken
I guess you don't know what destiny is.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Techobeys: 1:17pm On Feb 16, 2023
terrezo2002:

Watch the video and you’ll see
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by triplechoice(m): 1:34pm On Feb 16, 2023
Yes, it can be taken, but not in the way it's believed in these parts.

When you're "tricked" into abandoning the plans you have for your own life by others around you, who don't really care about your own well being, then your destiny has been "taken"

For instance, if you spend nearly all of your time and money, in your local church or mosque without you benefiting much in return to take care of your own personal needs, then your destiny has been" taken"

A church or mosque is not the only place this could happen. It happens nearly all the time in any kinds of personal relationships or other situations ;friendships or marriages, where you work, football fanatics who spend most of their time supporting their favourite team ,and of course those addicted to Nairaland.

And one thing that's common with the different categories of people listed above , and which makes them easy victims, is that they're always in the habit of putting first the needs of others before theirs .

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you should not first consider others in anything you do. But don't overdo it.

Common sense is needed all the time if not you stand the risk of having your destiny "taken"
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Dtruthspeaker: 2:27pm On Feb 16, 2023
triplechoice:

When you're "tricked" into abandoning the plans you have for your own life by others around you, who don't really care about your own well being, then your destiny has been "taken"...

That is why we have the word "trick". It always takes a trick to divert and remove a person from his natural flow.

Thus, his destination has been taken since it has been changed.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by CaptMarvel(m): 4:44pm On Feb 16, 2023
So many destinies have been wasted and someone is still asking questions whether destiny can be taken.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2023
triplechoice:

When you're "tricked" into abandoning the plans you have for your own life by others around you, who don't really care about your own well being, then your destiny has been "taken"

For instance, if you spend nearly all of your time and money, in your local church or mosque without you benefiting much in return to take care of your own personal needs, then your destiny has been" taken"

A church or mosque is not the only place this could happen. It happens nearly all the time in any kinds of personal relationships or other situations ;friendships or marriages, where you work, football fanatics who spend most of their time supporting their favourite team ,and of course those addicted to Nairaland.

And one thing that's common with the different categories of people listed above , and which makes them easy victims, is that they're always in the habit of putting first the needs of others before theirs .

Please don't get me wrong. I'm not saying you should not first consider others in anything you do. But don't overdo it.

Common sense is needed all the time if not you stand the risk of having your destiny "taken"

I hear say them dey buy and sell destiny for Benin
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
There is nothing that can't be sold and bought. There is nothing that can't be stolen either.

Every product has both it's market, sellers and buyers.

Say you no belong no mean say, e no dey happen.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 10:51pm On Feb 16, 2023
terrezo2002:

Humor me. What is 'destiny?
I mean what destiny really is, and not what you think it is
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 10:52pm On Feb 16, 2023
triplechoice:

What is destiny
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Techobeys: 6:31am On Feb 17, 2023
triplechoice:

Don’t you think abandoning destiny isn’t the same as destiny being taken? If something is taken then it’s not with you, but if you have it right there with you and refuse to perform it then you’ve only abandoned what’s with you. If that’s the case, don’t you think destiny cannot be taken?

Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Techobeys: 6:35am On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is why we have the word "trick". It always takes a trick to divert and remove a person from his natural flow.

Thus, his destination has been taken since it has been changed.

Don’t you think the fact that the destination is always there means it can’t be taken? Whenever that man decides to walk towards his destination, he always can bc it was never taken. If it were to be that he cannot walk in his destination when he chooses then we know it was taken, but there’s always the choice to walk in it but man get so entertained that he reject walking towards his destination.

Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Dtruthspeaker: 6:50am On Feb 17, 2023
Techobeys:

Don’t you think the fact that the destination is always there means it can’t be taken? Whenever that man decides to walk towards his destination, he always can bc it was never taken. If it were to be that he cannot walk in his destination when he chooses then we know it was taken, but there’s always the choice to walk in it but man get so entertained that he reject walking towards his destination..

If your destination was to have a a good marriage but while on it, you fornicated all along the way, and now you are in a bad marriage, can such a person ever return to the good marriage he was earlier pursuing?

Never! As seen, all fornicators and unfaithful persons never have good marriages.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 7:29am On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

If your destination was to have a a good marriage but while on it, you fornicated all along the way, and now you are in a bad marriage, can such a person ever return to the good marriage he was earlier pursuing?

Never! As seen, all fornicators and unfaithful persons never have good marriages.

Can you define destiny?
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Dtruthspeaker: 7:43am On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Can you define destiny?

As its name says, It means destination.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 8:11am On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

As its name says, It means destination.
Good.

And this is the dictionary meaning

destiny
/ˈdɛstɪni/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future

That means no matter what you do, its still your destiny. If my destiny is to die this morning, even if I like let me hide inside a room locked up, I'll still die. Earthquake fit happen come kill me.
So if someone marries a bad wife, or wastes his time in a church(like depicted), its still his destiny, nobody took anything.
If my destiny is to be very poor, then I can't help it.
And one more thing, not everyone is destined to be rich, like your psycho pastors tell you. They even say rich men harvest 'destinies' from poor folks. Some of them even call it 'star'. I mean, how? How can Ned Nwoko steal the destiny of Portable?
Are you guys mentally unstable?
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Dtruthspeaker: 8:38am On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Good.

And this is the dictionary meaning
destiny
/ˈdɛstɪni/
Learn to pronounce
noun
the events that will necessarily happen to a particular person or thing in the future

Now you see that even a dictionary can be wrong and deceive you.

Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Destiny
Destiny, sometimes referred to as fate (from Latin fatum "decree, prediction, destiny, fate"wink, is a predetermined course of events.

The word is determined course of events.

https://www.nairaland.com/7571594/teenager-buries-newborn-baby-alive#120953325

If she did not fuq, she would not be here. And now where she used to live in her father's house, her destination has now changed to prison and the men who fuqd her and who she fuqd are the ones who have changed and stolen her former destiny.

Also, when those men are caught then we would see that their own destiny too has changed for they too are going to prison.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 8:51am On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Now you see that even a dictionary can be wrong and deceive you.

Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Destiny
Destiny, sometimes referred to as fate (from Latin fatum "decree, prediction, destiny, fate"wink, is a predetermined course of events.

The word is determined course of events.

https://www.nairaland.com/7571594/teenager-buries-newborn-baby-alive#120953325

If she did not fuq, she would not be here. And now where she used to live in her father's house, her destination has now changed to prison and the men who fuqd her and who she fuqd are the ones who have changed and stolen her former destiny.

Also, when those men are caught then we would see that their own destiny too has changed for they too are going to prison.

Do you understand what 'predetermined course of events' mean? In the context of your story, it means the girl was destined to fuq them and those men(if they were caught) are destined for jail or whatever incarcerations are due.
There was no change of destiny. Its already predetermined

1 Like

Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Dtruthspeaker: 9:00am On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Do you understand what 'predetermined course of events' mean? In the context of your story, it means the girl was destined to fuq them and those men(if they were caught) are destined for jail or whatever incarcerations are due.
There was no change of destiny. Its already predetermined

Please, try and stay intelligent. You already know that I do not have patience for unintelligent people.

If she did not Bleep, then she has and retained her pre - not bleeped destiny, like a person who did not put his hands in fire.

But since she chose to Bleep and be bleeped, then she also gets the preset destiny of the bleeped like the guy who puts his hand in the fire and gets burned.

Either way, both are already predetermined and preset.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 9:23am On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Please, try and stay intelligent. You already know that I do not have patience for unintelligent people.

If she did not Bleep, then she has and retained her pre - not bleeped destiny, like a person who did not put his hands in fire.

But since she chose to Bleep and be bleeped, then she also gets the preset destiny of the bleeped like the guy who puts his hand in the fire and gets burned.

Either way, both are already predetermined and preset.
Oh Unintelligent One, destiny is predetermined . Its not changed
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by triplechoice(m): 9:29am On Feb 17, 2023
Techobeys:

Don’t you think abandoning destiny isn’t the same as destiny being taken? If something is taken then it’s not with you, but if you have it right there with you and refuse to perform it then you’ve only abandoned what’s with you. If that’s the case, don’t you think destiny cannot be taken?

I have placed taken in quotes

Someone who takes something must have taken it from somewhere else or from another person
So, I don't understand what you mean by if something is taken then it's not with you.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by triplechoice(m): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

What is destiny

One's destiny is the result from the thoughts and beliefs one hold on strongly to.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Dtruthspeaker: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Oh Unintelligent One, destiny is predetermined . Its not changed

Stupidoo, that is why you have no other thing to say than to say something stupid.

This world is a predetermined one and we move from one predetermined thing to another predetermined thing. Eg you don't eat, you die and don't eat eat again. You eat then you keep on living to eat again.

Please don't say anything to me for you have long since exhausted your intelligent bundle subscription.
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 11:53am On Feb 17, 2023
triplechoice:

One's destiny is the result of the thoughts and beliefs one hold on strongly to.
Wtf?
So if I dream and think like Elon Musk, I end up like him?
Is there something wrong with the water in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 11:57am On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Stupidoo, that is why you have no other thing to say than to say something stupid.

This world is a predetermined one and we move from one predetermined thing to another predetermined thing. Eg you don't eat, you die and don't eat eat again. You eat then you keep on living to eat again.

Please don't say anything to me for you have long since exhausted your intelligent bundle subscription.

What is the meaning of predetermined?

predetermined
/ˌpriːdɪˈtəːmɪnd/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
established or decided in advance.
"a predetermined level of spending

So bro, predetermined means ones destiny is established in advance. It doesn't change or 'diminish' or get 'stolen' like your psychotic pastors tell you

2 Likes

Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by Dtruthspeaker: 12:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

What is the meaning of predetermined?

predetermined
/ˌpriːdɪˈtəːmɪnd/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
established or decided in advance.
"a predetermined level of spending

So bro, predetermined means ones destiny is established in advance. It doesn't change or 'diminish' like your psychotic pastors tell you

It is established in advance that you should eat to live if not you must enter into the second it is established in advance that if you do not eat, you would DIE!

It's as simple as that!
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by triplechoice(m): 12:06pm On Feb 17, 2023
jaephoenix:

Wtf?
So if I dream and think like Elon Musk, I end up like him?
Is there something wrong with the water in Nigeria?

Lol. A kneel jerk reaction from you.

Everything that has been achieved or created by anyone in this world first began as an idea, thought, in the head of an individual before steps were taken to bring it to fruition.
Hope you understand me better now

Thoughts precedes actions
Re: Uncovering the Surprising Reason Jesus Said "The Violent Taketh it by Force" by jaephoenix(m): 12:07pm On Feb 17, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

It is established in advance that you should eat to live if not you must enter into the second it is established in advance that if you do not eat, you would DIE!

It's as simple as that!
What the fuq did you write here? Does it make sense to you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should We Believe In Re-incarnation? / 37 Babies Delivered In 2 Days - At Holy Ghost Congress / Do You Believe People Can Be Born Lucky?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.