Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience (1234 Views)

First Bank Nigeria Is Ripping People Off Their Money And No One Is Talking / Upwork Is Ripping Freelancers. My View / Access Bank Is Ripping Innocent Citizens Of Their Money!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by thesaintino: 6:55am On Jun 16, 2018
Right now I'm so angry with Dstv as I got disconnected and account suspended yesterday while watching that 'must watch' match between Portugal and Spain. While no reason or apologies given for the disconnection, this is more than 12 hours and I have not been reconnected. After all attempts to reach the customer care line failed, see the e-mail I sent to them. Please let's share our experience and demand better service from this company that is ripping Nigerians.
Here is the email I sent

I write to express my extreme displeasure at your services which I will formally report to consumer protection council of Nigeria and if action is not taken then I will be left with no choice but take legal action.
My smartcrd and phone numbers are 10******58 and 0703*****65 respectively, I subscribed for compact + pvr access today but hardly had I watched for an hour before an e16-4 error poppped up while I was watching my team play.
Despite using the ussd *288*2# and sending the reset message, I was not reconnected. Attempts at calling customer service was abortive only to be replied that my account was not cleared and I needed to visit the nearest dstv office which is not possible now as they have closed. I explored all possible ways to be reconnected but to my dismay and anger I just got a message that my account has been suspended.
The fact that this is not the first time that such is happening, coupled with the fact that Dstv never apologises for such makes me believe that it has no iota of regard for its customers. I know no system or institution is perfect but your disrespect for your customers is on another level only to be tolerated in Nigeria. Nigerians have been tolerant of dstv and it's high time we demanded that it acts and treats Nigerian customers right. No thanks as u wait to hear from consumer protection council or my lawyers should Cpc fail to act.
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by Luminee(f): 6:59am On Jun 16, 2018
Dstv is not on Nairaland, try other social media platform to hasting the effect of your letter.. Reach them on Facebook or Twitter and see them act fast
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by Uchemus(m): 7:34am On Jun 16, 2018
DSTV is very usuless

1 Like

Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by middlebelter(m): 8:02am On Jun 16, 2018
DSTV/gotv is another reason why monopoly should not be encouraged at all. I will suggest you take time to visit thier Tamiyu Salvage Head office with your decoder, tell them to connect and correct it immediately with strong words of protest or you should just get your lawyer to write them without delay.

Thier customer service is very hurible .They will tell you your email was sent to a wrong email address, they hardly reply email , if you call them it takes almost forever to reach them and if they eventually pick your call they hardly resolve issues through telephone conversation. If you choose not to visit them waiting for thier reply, you may not be connected before the close of world cup.
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by dosht(f): 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
I think they want people to get new decoder. It happened to people using old decoder.

1 Like

Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by dosht(f): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by dosht(f): 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by dosht(f): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by dosht(f): 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
I think they want people to get new decoder. It happened to people using old decoder.
Cc
CSTR1003
Powerexpert
Ravenglass
Jusome
Justirich

1 Like

Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by CSTR1003: 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
I have gotv in my house yet I go to viewing centre to watch the world cup because SS1 is always skipping.

I called the fucckers to complain and they kept mumbling nonsense.
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by Ravenglass: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
My SS1 skips and keeps searching for signal.. Just SS1.
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by flames01: 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
thesaintino:
Right now I'm so angry with Dstv as I got disconnected and account suspended yesterday while watching that 'must watch' match between Portugal and Spain. While no reason or apologies given for the disconnection, this is more than 12 hours and I have not been reconnected. After all attempts to reach the customer care line failed, see the e-mail I sent to them. Please let's share our experience and demand better service from this company that is ripping Nigerians.
Here is the email I sent

I write to express my extreme displeasure at your services which I will formally report to consumer protection council of Nigeria and if action is not taken then I will be left with no choice but take legal action.
My smartcrd and phone numbers are 10******58 and 0703*****65 respectively, I subscribed for compact + pvr access today but hardly had I watched for an hour before an e16-4 error poppped up while I was watching my team play.
Despite using the ussd *288*2# and sending the reset message, I was not reconnected. Attempts at calling customer service was abortive only to be replied that my account was not cleared and I needed to visit the nearest dstv office which is not possible now as they have closed. I explored all possible ways to be reconnected but to my dismay and anger I just got a message that my account has been suspended.
The fact that this is not the first time that such is happening, coupled with the fact that Dstv never apologises for such makes me believe that it has no iota of regard for its customers. I know no system or institution is perfect but your disrespect for your customers is on another level only to be tolerated in Nigeria. Nigerians have been tolerant of dstv and it's high time we demanded that it acts and treats Nigerian customers right. No thanks as u wait to hear from consumer protection council or my lawyers should Cpc fail to act.

You were wasting your time writing mail. Your best bet is to contact them via twitter.
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Please admins should push this to the FrontPage.

I have been using Gotv decoder for over 5years. we
were among those who bought the first decoder. About
3months ago, Gotv gave me a free month's subscription
after staying non-stop for 3months too. Thereafter I did
not recharge due to my work schedule and poor light in
my Abattoir area of Jos. With the world cup approaching,
I decided to re-subscribe but when I put on the decoder,
it carried out an update which happens routinely.
However after this particular update, my gotv decoder
will only display the Gotv logo and immediately go off on
it's own without loading channels like before. I took the
decoder to Gotv office near terminus on Ahmadu bello
way and was told it is likely a mechanical error and I
should visit their Jos main office near state secretariat. I
went there and the staff there bluntly told me to go and
buy a new decoder that my own is bad. The only reason
he gave was that I didn't recharge and so I can't use the
decoder again. He started advertising the newest
decoder to me instead. I reminded him that in 2015
shortly after school, I didn't use my decoder for almost a
year because we had dstv at home. So why didn't this
iss come up then?

I just want register my grievances. I believe Gotv should
have stated this in their text messages or t&cs. If they
want people to upgrade to modern decoders, there is a
better way rather than claiming non-subscription equals
buying a new decoder. my iuc no is 2004448184

cc lalasticlala UjSizzle prof800 Briareos
I posted this article earlier. the mods refused to push it to the FrontPage. I hope they will do that now
https://www.nairaland.com/4553734/terrible-experience-gotv
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
flames01:

You were wasting your time writing mail. Your best bet is to contact them via twitter.
Even on Twitter, they deliberately ignore some tweets
naijacutee , dominique , puskin , FOD
FrontPage pls
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by dosht(f): 11:06am On Jun 19, 2018
Multichoice is a thief. People subscribed to enjoy the world cup but they couldn't

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by YOUNGELDER1(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2018
justirich:
Please admins should push this to the FrontPage.

I have been using Gotv decoder for over 5years. we
were among those who bought the first decoder. About
3months ago, Gotv gave me a free month's subscription
after staying non-stop for 3months too. Thereafter I did
not recharge due to my work schedule and poor light in
my Abattoir area of Jos. With the world cup approaching,
I decided to re-subscribe but when I put on the decoder,
it carried out an update which happens routinely.
However after this particular update, my gotv decoder
will only display the Gotv logo and immediately go off on
it's own without loading channels like before. I took the
decoder to Gotv office near terminus on Ahmadu bello
way and was told it is likely a mechanical error and I
should visit their Jos main office near state secretariat. I
went there and the staff there bluntly told me to go and
buy a new decoder that my own is bad. The only reason
he gave was that I didn't recharge and so I can't use the
decoder again. He started advertising the newest
decoder to me instead. I reminded him that in 2015
shortly after school, I didn't use my decoder for almost a
year because we had dstv at home. So why didn't this
iss come up then?

I just want register my grievances. I believe Gotv should
have stated this in their text messages or t&cs. If they
want people to upgrade to modern decoders, there is a
better way rather than claiming non-subscription equals
buying a new decoder. my iuc no is 2004448184

cc lalasticlala UjSizzle prof800 Briareos
I posted this article earlier. the mods refused to push it to the FrontPage. I hope they will do that now
https://www.nairaland.com/4553734/terrible-experience-gotv

Same thing happened to me .
I even had 3 months subscription on left on my old decoder.

Went to their office

Was asked to pay N2000 to swap but 5 days later it was one story or the other.

At the end i got tired of waiting.

Had to pay extra N3,000 making it N5000 for a new decoder.

That was around January tho.
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by Powerexpert: 6:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mine is different. As a result of the rain and wind, my dish lost itself, so for those periods, I had to rely on now.dstv to bail me. The problem was later sorted with replumming the stand, setting the azimuth and elevation again and making all joints over firm. I'm back online with the best signal strength and quality. (learnt a little on where to track for smart lnb anyway)
dosht:
Cc
CSTR1003
Powerexpert
Ravenglass
Jusome
Justirich
Re: Dstv Is Ripping And Disrespecting Nigerian Customers; Share Your Experience by dosht(f): 9:48pm On Jun 21, 2018
Powerexpert:
Mine is different. As a result of the rain and wind, my dish lost itself, so for those periods, I had to rely on now.dstv to bail me. The problem was later sorted with replumming the stand, setting the azimuth and elevation again and making all joints over firm. I'm back online with the best signal strength and quality. (learnt a little on where to track for smart lnb anyway)
Yours is a different case. I took it to their offices at Ajah and VI. We were told to get a new decoder

(1) (Reply)

Am I The Only One Finding It Difficult To Login To My Cac Portal Today? / Earn Every 10days From Home Without Referral / I Will Be Disgraced In The Next 48 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.