Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,822 members, 7,828,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi (59227 Views)

Super Eagles Train At Essentuki Ahead Of Iceland Clash(photos) / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Diamondville(f): 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

he Did have all those but The world cup isnt over. They both have at least 2 more matches to prove themselves.
I'm just trying to say that Messi missed the opportunities Ronaldo didn't miss
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Diamondville(f): 11:54pm On Jun 16, 2018
wildcatter23:

I like the way your mind works
Compliment or insult??
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 11:56pm On Jun 16, 2018
Diamondville:
I'm just trying to say that Messi missed the opportunities Ronaldo didn't miss

But there were times things went the opposite ways. How about that?
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Diamondville:
Messi had a penalty and several free kicks against a LOWER team

Fine. 1 point for Ronaldo. Lets observe their next matches. And try to remember that messi reached the final in 2014
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Diamondville(f): 12:08am On Jun 17, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Fine. 1 point for Ronaldo. Lets observe their next matches. And try to remember that messi reached the final in 2014
With world class players like aguero, higuin, de maria.etc.
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 12:11am On Jun 17, 2018
Diamondville:
With world class players like aguero, higuin, de maria.etc.

Yes that is the main reason why i said it will be difficult for ronaldo especially when they get out of the group. Too many low class players and it was obvious that they would have been flogged if not for those fortunate chances they got. Messi is more favoured in this competition (though he performed a lot better than all those players). Did you see how he was marked today?
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Diamondville(f): 12:16am On Jun 17, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Yes that is the main reason why i said it will be difficult for ronaldo especially when they get out of the group. Too many low class players and it was obvious that they would have been flogged if not for those fortunate chances they got. Messi is more favoured in this competition (though he performed a lot better than all those players). Did you see how he was marked today?
Yes I did
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Diamondville(f): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

The Icelandic players also had the advantage of height and speed in their defense.. they were just nodding anyhow

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by wildcatter23(m): 12:30am On Jun 17, 2018
Diamondville:
Compliment or insult??

Definitely compliment.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Diamondville(f): 12:38am On Jun 17, 2018
wildcatter23:

Definitely compliment.
wink
wildcatter23:

Definitely compliment.
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by evansjeff(m): 12:38am On Jun 17, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

Messi has reached the World cup final before. Cristiano ronaldo?

Wait until you watch his next match against a top opponent.

modified.

for those ignorant peaple quoting me, i dont mean that spain isnt a good team but he had rare opportunities ( keeper error, penalty, and a free kick.). Im not discrediting him but those opportunities dont always come. In the next top match he may not get another free kick or penalty.

Who is this confused fellow? Do you know how many close range freekicks messi had today? And even a penalty yet he missed it. Even the penalty Ronaldo scored are you aware he would have scored the goal if he wasn't brought down? What nonsense are you saying? Just cry quietly without making it obvious to all of US.
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by oruma19: 2:26am On Jun 17, 2018
This is d spirit I am talking abt. "We die here" that's all the eagles need. They are a good side.
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 7:11am On Jun 17, 2018
evansjeff:

Who is this confused fellow? Do you know how many close range freekicks messi had today? And even a penalty yet he missed it. Even the penalty Ronaldo scored are you aware he would have scored the goal if he wasn't brought down? What nonsense are you saying? Just cry quietly without making it obvious to all of US.

You are obviously confused since your brain couldnt process what i typed. I said those chances dont always come and you are still typing rubbish. Messi failed yes but he was close and its not as if both players never miss. Why dont you go and watch the replay before saying ronaldo almost scored? Like i said we all know who will go far in this world cup. It aint ronaldo
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 7:22am On Jun 17, 2018
gurunlocker:

It's obvious someone like you didn't see the game. Those guy didn't play anything, they just park players at the back. You think team like Spain will play like this?

Remember Euro Cup 2016 when Ronaldo played against them? Remember what he said after the game ended? "Iceland play with a low team mentality". So please stop saying crap, because Ronaldo have a good game yesterday doesn't mean Messi will continue having a bad game.

In fact Ronaldo didn't play anything against them in Euro with the way they marked him, shebi Messi was still able to play? Moreover, he doesn't even have a bad game if not for the penalty miss.

Ronaldo will play against IRAN right? wait and see small team mentality that day. These are team that doesn't play fancy and mature game, they just play to frustrate.

My friend the problem is that nairaland is full of small kids. Just 1 match by the two players and the guys were already making conclusions. Come and see the way they were calling suarez and de gea scam just because they had a bad day. Can you honestly say you enjoyed Egypt and Icelands match? No
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 7:35am On Jun 17, 2018
pstnicodemus:

which Argentina?
to the best of my knowledge, Diego Maradona is Argentina's greatest player. he single handedly won them the 1986 world cup

But maradona has declared messi his successor na. There is far so much similarities between them except that Maradona was extroverted and a drug addict
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by passionate87(m): 7:58am On Jun 17, 2018
this same Spain u guys are talking about knack Argentina 6-1,they won't mark messi because they don't have to but they surely know how to play the ball around.U messi fans should just accept it CR7 is the best when the 2 are compare because CR7 have the winning mentality
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by passionate87(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

You saw what happened in spain. A penalty and a freekick. They dont always come. We shall see how he would fare. Im a man united fan by the way but i prefer messi
if u prefer messi ur problem
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by passionate87(m): 8:01am On Jun 17, 2018
adegeye38:

Messi don lead hin team reach world cup final, collect golden ball, wetin ronaldo do??, dan dive, score penalty and tap in
chai e clear say u dey watch back of the TV,when u dey watch football.CR7 was exceptional when u watch that Spain game
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 8:03am On Jun 17, 2018
passionate87:

if u prefer messi ur problem

It most comes from his off-pitch personality. I prefer humility to arrogance amd hatefulness
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by AdamuAudu: 8:06am On Jun 17, 2018
mikhe2:
Them cage am like rabbit grin
But why them dey always see this boy strong sef? They do not fo the same tighting system to others like Rolando. Not even breathing space. I feel for him.
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by mikhe2(m): 8:14am On Jun 17, 2018
AdamuAudu:
But why them dey always see this boy strong sef? They do not fo the same tighting system to others like Rolando. Not even breathing space. I feel for him.
you know say messi kinda game na to dey maze run and make use of space and ronaldo style diff

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Mathkid007: 8:25am On Jun 17, 2018
My issue with Argentina is the players lack of belief in themselves, every attacker is always looking for Messi . Now if opponents mark him out, it's job done because his team mates will simply give him the ball again. These are players that score goals on club level.
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Kingsley10000: 8:58am On Jun 17, 2018
I love messi and ronaldo but messi messed up with low confidence........
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Kingsley10000: 9:02am On Jun 17, 2018
evansjeff:

calm down.......you can't compare Spanish defense and the Iceland own(pls don't underestimate them)

ronaldo was just fortunate to get those goals,he is lucky I must say but that doesn't mean he is a better player than MESSI
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Tareguu: 11:05am On Jun 17, 2018
rottennaija:

Spain is a big team with h great players. probably why they never marked Ronaldo like Iceland mark messi.

both matches were different.

you just successfully showed how shallow your thoughts could be , so because messi missed a penalty and penaldo scored an hat trick makes him a greater player than messi . This guy is a joke I swear . if you know you know
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by courna(m): 11:11am On Jun 17, 2018
onatisi:

Exactly,Iceland didn't open up at all and they didn't man mark anyone,it was a solid mass defensive approach so there was virtually no space to run in ,I am sure if Ronaldo played today he too couldn't have done better
but he would have scored the penalty and gave them a win right
think again
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by courna(m): 11:17am On Jun 17, 2018
Jesusgirl92:
The space given to messi to take the penalty, wetin onku use am do?? grin grin
lolzz...... help me ask them..
bunch of asslickers... later Dem go dey call my cr7 penaldo
common penalty against film director he no fit score
even their coach na dentist
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by uzoma213(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2018
FoolishBoy419:

You are obviously confused since your brain couldnt process what i typed. I said those chances dont always come and you are still typing rubbish. Messi failed yes but he was close and its not as if both players never miss. Why dont you go and watch the replay before saying ronaldo almost scored? Like i said we all know who will go far in this world cup. It aint ronaldo
Messi would go far but would not win but just remove Messi from Argentina and put Ronaldo there and see him bring back the trophy
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by FoolishBoy419: 11:23am On Jun 17, 2018
uzoma213:
Messi would go far but would not win but just remove Messi from Argentina and put Ronaldo there and see him bring back the trophy

Lol. On what basis? Because Ronaldo doesnt miss or because he has never lost a final? The memory of what messi did to my team (man united) is still fresh in my mind. Where was ronaldo then?

You should stop arguing like a tout please
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by courna(m): 11:34am On Jun 17, 2018
Tareguu:

you just successfully showed how shallow your thoughts could be , so because messi missed a penalty and penaldo scored an hat trick makes him a greater player than messi . This guy is a joke I swear . if you know you know
you don't know what you are saying Bro
did you know if he scored that penalty he could have as well gotten a brace or a hatrick
your guy choked when it mattered most... he's been like that for a while always bottling chances
he is only good with the ball at his feet preferably the left leg.... no off the movement, low weak foot accuracy, can't use his head, no leadership quality.... he's just wearing the arm
mascherano should be a better captain
dude just make a proper review of the Portuguese and the Argentine team and let's talk about greatness
and don't forget Portugal played star studded Spain in the first game
Spain outplayed Portugal imagine the pain of running around throughout the match alone ...the pressure on cr7 as the only top player in the team and he delivered
that's the man I'll love to be
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by Slimynonny: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
Messi no go fit talk wetin he see today

No be la liga

Na World Cup

Stop comparing Ronaldo with this dude

They no be mate
During Portugal vs Spain, why didnt they mark Cr7 like that and this made me say that the Iceland players knew wat they were into yesterday. Becos they knew his capability that was why. The same thing happened to Moses of Nigeria in yesterday's match. So even if Messi missed penalty, it doesnt remove the fact that he is a Legend in his own way. Remember Cr7 knows how score goal bt Messi knows how to play and score too. Though im not any of them fan sha. Just saying my observations
Re: Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi by zombieHUNTER: 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2018
Slimynonny:
During Portugal vs Spain, why didnt they mark Cr7 like that and this made me say that the Iceland players knew wat they were into yesterday. Becos they knew his capability that was why. The same thing happened to Moses of Nigeria in yesterday's match. So even if Messi missed penalty, it doesnt remove the fact that he is a Legend in his own way. Remember Cr7 knows how score goal bt Messi knows how to play and score too. Though im not any of them fan sha. Just saying my observations
OK... You spoke well
But what do you think went bad for Nigeria yesterday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Builds Sport Centre In Kaduna / South Africa, Angola, Morroco, Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 Group A / Carl Ikeme's Cancer In Remission (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.