Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? (4967 Views)

Nissan Altima MAF Sensor / Is It Safe To Clean MAF Sensor With Methylathed Spirit? / Caring For Your Car's Maf, And The Fix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hello people. Please my MAF sensor is giving me a heck and I'm in a remote village in Edo State. I read on the web one can bypass the MAF sensor by switching car off and removing key. Remove the negative battery head before removing the sensor connector. After this, start up your car and the check engine light will go off.

My question is,
1. Is this possible without damaging the engine?
2. For how long can I bypass this MAF sensor?
3. Will there be a default fuel intake rule to stabilize engine idle?

Please I need honest answers from professional mechanics or engineers.
Thanks.
Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by weyreypey: 6:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
Hmmm I believe it is possible. But I don't know how.

Air Intake Sensor

by Joshua Bailey
A car's engine uses an air intake in order to retrieve air from outside of the vehicle. The air is then mixed with the fuel, and combustion is the result. This is what propels the car. There is a sensor on the air intake called the mass air flow sensor. This sensor calculates how much air to mix with the fuel. If you are using a cold air intake, the MAF sensor might not be calculating properly. This means you are not getting the added gas mileage that most cold air intakes advertise. You can bypass the MAF sensor, and allow the O2 sensor to calculate how much air is needed.

Thinking about purchasing a new car? Use our new Car Loan Calculator to estimate your monthly car payment!

How to Bypass the Cold Air Intake Sensor

by Joshua Bailey
A car's engine uses an air intake in order to retrieve air from outside of the vehicle. The air is then mixed with the fuel, and combustion is the result. This is what propels the car. There is a sensor on the air intake called the mass air flow sensor. This sensor calculates how much air to mix with the fuel. If you are using a cold air intake, the MAF sensor might not be calculating properly. This means you are not getting the added gas mileage that most cold air intakes advertise. You can bypass the MAF sensor, and allow the O2 sensor to calculate how much air is needed.

Turn off the ignition of your vehicle and open its hood.

Disconnect the negative battery cable (red). Locate the mass air flow (MAF) sensor on the air intake.

Grasp the wire harness that connects the MAF sensor to the power unit in the engine compartment and gently pull it out of the MAF sensor. This will disconnect it.

Reconnect the negative battery cable to the battery and close the vehicle's hood. When you start up your vehicle now, the vehicle's computer will not look to the MAF sensor to check air to fuel ratio, but will bypass it and go to the O2 sensor to calculate the amount of fuel to mix with the air.
https://itstillruns.com/bypass-cold-air-intake-sensor-7891393.html

2 Likes

Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2018
weyreypey:
Hmmm I believe it is possible. But I don't know how.

Thanks. I'll appreciate more contributors, especially those who have had to do it before.
Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2018
what vehicle?
Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by kingreign(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2018
If Na Benz or BMW OYO GOBE you dey
Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by weyreypey: 8:36pm On Jun 16, 2018
kingreign:
If Na Benz or BMW OYO GOBE you dey
Why can't Benz or BMW be bypassed?

1 Like

Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by weyreypey: 10:04pm On Aug 13, 2019
did you?

micadeolu:

Thanks. I'll appreciate more contributors, especially those who have had to do it before.
Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by princecemo(m): 11:03am On Jan 09, 2020
Dont purchase a mass airflow without trying this

Use the mass airflow sensor cleaner it works like magic, read more on google.

Price 3,500

Delivery anywhere in naija

We also have the pocket OBD 2 scanner
Dont alloy a mechanic fool u again
It saved my ass somany times

Price 3,500

Re: Can I Bypass My MAF Sensor? by 9icetoo(m): 12:30pm On Jan 09, 2020

(1) (Reply)

FRSC: Commercial Drivers Must Be 26 To Get Licence. / Kia Rio And Hyundai Accent Auto Guru Pls Advice Me On One To Buy. Its Urgent / The Difference Between 4WDs And AWDs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.