Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,437 members, 7,819,605 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss (62769 Views)

My Little Brother's Girl Is Going To Deliver Soon,what Are The Things I N To Get / Nigeria NGO Juli Education Foundation Hold Advocacy Sensitisation Program With E / Prince Osisioma Foundation Celebrates Birthday With Orphans (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by ovieokodhi(m): 2:20am On Jun 17, 2018
Don't understand the media these days o like they are encouraging our young girls to bleep around give birth or marry and get divorced and start huzzling to make it big else I see no reason why the op will say single mum of 3 if the woman is widowed you let us know, no matter how great you become I don't fancy olosho.
A VERY BIG KUDOS TO HER..
She don't need to solicit for help she should do where are fund can reach abeg..
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by omoiyalayi(m): 3:35am On Jun 17, 2018
Lives outside nigeria is always better than lives in nigeria

The evidence is always there to see based on testimonies of those that have left

Even our so called celebrity are finding it difficult to survive in this country

I don't know why it's difficult for our so called leader to fix this country

1 Like

Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by Born2Breed(f): 6:34am On Jun 17, 2018
contactmorak:
Nigerian Single Mum Of 3 Left Nigeria At Age 17, Now Changes Lives Globally (pics

When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation a Nigerian own international NGO is currently receiving massive accolades home and abroad from notable personalities including, Barrister Ismaeel Ahmed,the Senior Special Adviser to Nigerian President on Social Investment Programmes, and US Senator, James Sanders, for its immense contribution to humanity.

The Foundation supports individuals in need in healthcare by assembling team of doctors with expertise to test and treat malaria, typhoid, diabetes, high blood pressure, eye issues etc. Her Foundation also supports orphanages, schools, homeless shelter, the disabled and elderly in need around the world. So far, as an international NGO, When In Need Foundation has carried out its missions, not only in Nigeria but Chile, United Kingdom, Argentina, USA, Italy , Spain ,Dominican Republic and many other countries.

This is in addition to giving educational grants and scholarships to disadvantaged individuals to continue their vocation.

The story of the brain behind the foundation, Chief Dr. Chetachi Nwoga Ecton, from Mbaise, Imo state, is one that will inspire many, particularly young women. She was not always rich and had a difficult time with her kids at her early stage of her life.

While speaking to the media on what inspired her to give back to the society, she opened up on her life; "As a single mother of three that came to the United State when I was 17, I fought for my family to have a better life. As fortunate as we have been, we didn’t get there without help along the way. That is why I formed the When In Need Foundation. To provide a hand to the most vulnerable and under-served people in this world."

According to the CEO, funding has been a challenge from the inception of the organization.

"So far most of the funding has come from me. I use my savings and investments to fund the foundation. We have only recently began to attract small donations. But we still hope to attract corporate sponsorship and partners to help us continue our message of hope and lifting people in need up. Our foundation is big on transforming lives and Creating Impact. Such is what makes the foundation unique…the fact that we are mostly self funded and on ground to actually do the work", she explained in an interviewed.

As they say, Charity begins at home, one of the monumental projects carried out so far is the provision of pipe-borne water to over 30,000 population of Ngor Okpala town in Imo state, where there was no healthy source of water prior. Similarly, indigenes of Ahiazu in Mbaise and Ideato Imo State have enjoyed a generous support of the foundation having cater to the health of over 12 thousand adults and Children.

Speaking further about upcoming projects of the foundation, Dr. Chetachi Nwoga-Ecton , stated from 18th of June 2018, the foundation is embarking on a medical outreach in three locations in the country which are; Kadarko local government in Nasarawa state, Chibiri Community in Kuje Area Council FCT Abuja, and Okitipupa Local Government in Ondo State.

The dates are 18th June, 23th June and 30 June to 1st July accordingly. 3000 and more beneficiaries are targeted for each locations.

While inviting well-meaning individuals and corporate bodies to always support NGOs such as this as it is not easy funding such massive project with personal finance, the CEO of When In Need Foundation applauded Nigerians who are doing the little they can in alleviate the plights of the needy around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4NMAOsAKOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQKkmqC7O4

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2018/06/meet-nigerian-single-mum-of-3-who-left.html?m=1

Good women everywhere

1 Like

Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by litetias(m): 6:41am On Jun 17, 2018
Ishilove:
Deliberately misleading heading. They have taken her words and quoted it out of context.

She was 17 when she left Nigeria for the US, and along the way she became a single mother of 3.

She did not mean she was single mother at the age of 17. Why is Nigerian journalism going to the dogs? Why is professionalism absent in our news reportage?

Nigerian journalism was always a shambles, it's just getting exposed more now cos of easy access to the articles. It's lazy journalism, bad grammar and sensationalism

2 Likes

Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 17, 2018
moral of story
Be a single mom of 3 at age 17 and flee Nigeria to greener pastures.
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 17, 2018
I tire for some comments here

Do you people realise widows and divorcées are also called single mums?

She must have left Nigeria at 17yrs of age, later got married and had children, but due to circumstances she is now single.

How some people say she had 3 children at 17 years of age and think the post is glorifying promiscuity is beyond me

3 Likes

Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by Bullhari007(m): 7:49am On Jun 17, 2018
wow igbo Amaka.... � 3kids at 17 this one got me confusing does it mean she start fvcking at the of 10 or she have triplets
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by MarieSucre(f): 8:42am On Jun 17, 2018
Pepsi101:
Is this news trying to glorify promiscuity?

Nonsense. Don't you read comments on nairaland that promotes promiscuity. Have you gone to sexuality, love and ashewo hang out. If you want to be really angry about promiscuity, start from the grassroot and start calling out all the comments or topics on nairaland that talk about bf/gf and fornication.
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by SenorFax(m): 8:58am On Jun 17, 2018
Ishilove:
Deliberately misleading heading. They have taken her words and quoted it out of context.

She was 17 when she left Nigeria for the US, and along the way she became a single mother of 3.

She did not mean she was single mother at the age of 17. Why is Nigerian journalism going to the dogs? Why is professionalism absent in our news reportage?
And who told you the OP was a journalist or reporter?

He probably posted the topic while in the toilet using his mobile phone

1 Like

Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by Ishilove: 9:33am On Jun 17, 2018
SenorFax:

And who told you the OP was a journalist or reporter?

He probably posted the topic while in the toilet using his mobile phone
Haha. Ehn the least he can do is read and assimilate what he is copying before pasting it. There, he can make his deductions before knowing how to frame the article.
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by Senorprinz(m): 10:03am On Jun 17, 2018
It's one thing to have brain, it's another thing to know what to do with the brain, these people saying she had 3 kids at 17...........make Good use of your brains.
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by bigtt76(f): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2018
I'm still trying to understand this too undecided

ironheart:
3 kids at 17? Some topic here eh
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by jayne8585yahoo(f): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2018
Knowledge is power.

Single mother is not giving birth out of wedlock only.

It includes; widows, divocees.
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by HomeOfMe(f): 10:44am On Jun 17, 2018
contactmorak:
Nigerian Single Mum Of 3 Left Nigeria At Age 17, Now Changes Lives Globally (pics

When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation a Nigerian own international NGO is currently receiving massive accolades home and abroad from notable personalities including, Barrister Ismaeel Ahmed,the Senior Special Adviser to Nigerian President on Social Investment Programmes, and US Senator, James Sanders, for its immense contribution to humanity.

The Foundation supports individuals in need in healthcare by assembling team of doctors with expertise to test and treat malaria, typhoid, diabetes, high blood pressure, eye issues etc. Her Foundation also supports orphanages, schools, homeless shelter, the disabled and elderly in need around the world. So far, as an international NGO, When In Need Foundation has carried out its missions, not only in Nigeria but Chile, United Kingdom, Argentina, USA, Italy , Spain ,Dominican Republic and many other countries.

This is in addition to giving educational grants and scholarships to disadvantaged individuals to continue their vocation.

The story of the brain behind the foundation, Chief Dr. Chetachi Nwoga Ecton, from Mbaise, Imo state, is one that will inspire many, particularly young women. She was not always rich and had a difficult time with her kids at her early stage of her life.

While speaking to the media on what inspired her to give back to the society, she opened up on her life; "As a single mother of three that came to the United State when I was 17, I fought for my family to have a better life. As fortunate as we have been, we didn’t get there without help along the way. That is why I formed the When In Need Foundation. To provide a hand to the most vulnerable and under-served people in this world."

According to the CEO, funding has been a challenge from the inception of the organization.

"So far most of the funding has come from me. I use my savings and investments to fund the foundation. We have only recently began to attract small donations. But we still hope to attract corporate sponsorship and partners to help us continue our message of hope and lifting people in need up. Our foundation is big on transforming lives and Creating Impact. Such is what makes the foundation unique…the fact that we are mostly self funded and on ground to actually do the work", she explained in an interviewed.

As they say, Charity begins at home, one of the monumental projects carried out so far is the provision of pipe-borne water to over 30,000 population of Ngor Okpala town in Imo state, where there was no healthy source of water prior. Similarly, indigenes of Ahiazu in Mbaise and Ideato Imo State have enjoyed a generous support of the foundation having cater to the health of over 12 thousand adults and Children.

Speaking further about upcoming projects of the foundation, Dr. Chetachi Nwoga-Ecton , stated from 18th of June 2018, the foundation is embarking on a medical outreach in three locations in the country which are; Kadarko local government in Nasarawa state, Chibiri Community in Kuje Area Council FCT Abuja, and Okitipupa Local Government in Ondo State.

The dates are 18th June, 23th June and 30 June to 1st July accordingly. 3000 and more beneficiaries are targeted for each locations.

While inviting well-meaning individuals and corporate bodies to always support NGOs such as this as it is not easy funding such massive project with personal finance, the CEO of When In Need Foundation applauded Nigerians who are doing the little they can in alleviate the plights of the needy around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4NMAOsAKOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbQKkmqC7O4

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2018/06/meet-nigerian-single-mum-of-3-who-left.html?m=1
Welldone..
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by CioAngels(f): 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
It clearly said she left home at 17 and not that she became a single mother at 17, that is, if i'm right too.
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2018
MarieSucre:

Nonsense. Don't you read comments on nairaland that promotes promiscuity. Have you gone to sexuality, love and ashewo hang out. If you want the her angry about promiscuity, start from the grassroot and start calling out all the comments or topics on nairaland that talk about bf/gf and fornication.
Why calling my question nonsense?

Is it that you lack manners or you can't express yourself without being crude ?

Please learn decorum in a public forum.

Thanks
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by MarieSucre(f): 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2018
Pepsi101:
Why calling my question nonsense?
Is it that you lack manners or you can't express yourself without being crude ?

Please learn decorum in a public forum.

Thanks
My apologies. I just hate hypocritical nature.
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by contactmorak: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
ideology:
It appears that most strong women are thick.

I can feel her energy from here..

Make I go find my thick madam too cool cool

Shout out to all the strong women all around the world smiley

grin
Re: Meet Chetachi Nwoga Ecton: When In Need (W.I.N.) Foundation Boss by inyanging: 11:14am On Aug 02, 2022
contactmorak:
More

I REALLY THANK GOD FOR U AND THE FOUNDATION, GOD WILL CONTD TO BLESS U THE MORE, IAM INTO SIMILAR FOUNDATION, HELF, HIGHER EDUCATION FOR THE LESS PRIVILEGE, WE NEED UR COLLABORATION. THANKS highfounda@gmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Her Newly Wedded Husband For Deceiving Her Into Marrying Him / I Hope My Decision Is Not Bad? / Husband Catches His Wife & Lover Having Sex In Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.