Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (9273 Views)

The Difference Between Christianity And Other Religions - Pastor Sunday Adelaja / Pastor Sunday Adelaja: Can Early Death Of A Person Be The Will Of God? / Fleur Carine Matip: "Pastor Sunday Adelaja Wanted Sex From Me, Has My Photos" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Lolly90(m): 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
it's like something has come over you Abi... rubbish talk
Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Caseless: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
HappyPagan:

Holy Spirit.

With Holy Spirit, you can talk any nonsense with confidence... Even 'shirroroporookoweewee' will feel like God is blessing you.
grin
Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Caseless: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2018
Mccullum:

You're absolutely right and I'm with you on this.
cool
Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Caseless: 11:30pm On Jun 17, 2018
Shedysworld:

You're obviously not a Christian
Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Don't you think that verse was one of those conjectured or imported?

This does not agree with religion, logic and science.

It's counterintuitive!
Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 18, 2018
Shedysworld:

You're obviously not a Christian
Matthew 5:48
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

We are to strive to be perfect all the while knowing that we will miss the mark bc of sinful nature. That is why sanctification is a process. We will never be perfect as in got it all together. If so what makes us different from God.
Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Jonakez(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
yeyerolling:
Even God is not perfect, he created earth with so many errors( tsunami,earth quake,tornadoes), he created mosquitoes which kills over 5 m humans yearly. angry

How can u say that?... All these things that happen is to GLORIFY GOD... He's not unaware of any.. Pls such statement is BLASPHEMOUS....
Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by CreamyBanana(m): 6:51am On Aug 11, 2018
adahlee:
shut up before oku eligwe g'erepu amu gi . ozu nwuru anwu onye ekpenta
village girl.
Re: We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Feb 16
Caseless:
Wetin these men de take Sef? Perfection is for God alone.
I didn't watch the video so I am not certain what the man said on the matter. What I however know of what is written in Scripture is that:

■ Perfection i.e. Holiness is defined as compliance with God's Law and contract with men. And God Himself adheres to the terms and conditions which He set in the agreement/contract which He created — this is what it means to say God is perfect. undecided

■ God's condition to Man if Man desires the blessings defined within the Contract is that man becomes perfect/holy — live his existence in compliance with the Law/Contract.

So, it is in error to suggest that perfection is for God only. No, perfection/holiness — compliance with the Law of God — is required by God of men. He does not make Man perfect. Rather, it is by submitting to and obeying the Law that Man is then perfected by the Law - certified as existing in compliance with the Law. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2012 Warning - Message From The Blessed Mother(CATHOLICS PLS READ) / How Many Times Did God Create The World In Genesis? / How To Pray With Salt And Honey For Favor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.