Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586625 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Acisky(m): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2018
peemyke:
CBN rate, my Naira was first converted to dollars and then to euro.
when you made the payment what rate did they exchange it for you pls
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Replied
blaze007:
Hello boss, pls i send u a PM. Kindly check ur mail.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Lalaski001: 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
Eke40seven:

In what regards? Do you mean by law or that this is generally a time period you are not allowed to work? I don't really understand where you are coming from but one is allowed to work right when you step in as long as you have your work permit, either permanent or temporary.

Boss, on the average how long does it take to get a work permit after arriving. ( all things being equal).
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by blaze007(m): 1:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
tanx boss....replied also
Rosicky7:
Replied
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chosenwan1(m): 1:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
Request for an enrolment extension from your university, if possible.
Thaddnally:
Hi Guys,
I just got admission to study scientific instrumentation at the university of applied science Jena dated 25th July 2018, I applied for visa appointment on the 27th still yet to get a reply from the embassy. Information I got from the embassy that no more visa appointment for winter section and I have completed my blocked account since last year when I first applied for the same from the embassy that they have booked out student visa for winter session. My question is....how can I still go for this visa appointment coz my enrollment date is on the 10th of October 2018. I'm just speechless, after long waiting
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 1:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
peemyke:
ask the university you'll attend for a breakdown of living expenses. Without this, I don't think any bank would want to fund your blocked account.

Already did but zenith bank said they can't use form A cos I'm d recipient of the cash too
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by noughtai: 1:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
peemyke:
ask the university you'll attend for a breakdown of living expenses. Without this, I don't think any bank would want to fund your blocked account.

I used Gtbank.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 1:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
noughtai:

I used Gtbank.
You used form a and at what rate were u given
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by peemyke(f): 1:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
GeneralBahdGuy:

Already did but zenith bank said they can't use form A cos I'm d recipient of the cash too
go to another bank. Tell them that the money will be used to pay your semester fees, health insurance as well as living expenses.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2018
Xadi04:
AM showed today after waiting for 5weeks and 3days. Interview was at Abuja.... I have really gained a lot from this group, a big thanks to everyone who has been contributing on this wonderful thread.
Danke

Congratulations.... Go and be prosperous

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by noughtai: 2:39pm On Aug 01, 2018
GeneralBahdGuy:

You used form a and at what rate were u given

I didn't use form a cos it was cheaper from the black market. 417/420

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by aibee01(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2018
Lalaski001:

Boss, on the average how long does it take to get a work permit after arriving. ( all things being equal).

This depends on which jurisdiction your city registration/foreign office falls under. For some small town or registration area, you can register your house and proceed to the immigration office for your visa extension (i.e resident and work permit inclusive) all within one week. A temporary permit will be issued to you pending the time your card will be produced. with this, you can work legally.

In other cases, you need to book an appointment to even register your house or visit the immigration for visa extension and this can take between one to four months on the average.

To clarify my explanation.... in the Hauptstadt KIEL these process takes between one to four months on the average to issue a resident/work permit. Funny enough there are some suburbs around KIEL (10 to 15 minutes by bus) where the process of house registration and issuance of the resident/work permit is just within a week (No appointment is needed here)

Tip: Relate with folks living in your destination city... There might be a way to fasten the process likewise to get some hustle in the meantime.

There are some jobs you don't need any registration for Z.b UMZUGHILFE (Moving Help) and some more... (relate with kind guys in your destination city for OT)....

meine zwei Löffel....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello Gurus in the house, una well done plenty plenty....I got admission letter from hochsche geisenheim to study bsc international wine business..I thought I was to open block account before applying for visa, all to discovered that no more student visa. My enrollment date is bwt August 1st and October 15th. I have send many mail for interview but till today no mail..please I need advice on how to go about it.
Best regards
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 3:34pm On Aug 01, 2018
aibee01:

This depends on which jurisdiction your city registration/foreign office falls under. For some small town or registration area, you can register your house and proceed to the immigration office for your visa extension (i.e resident and work permit inclusive) all within one week. A temporary permit will be issued to you pending the time your card will be produced. with this, you can work legally.

In other cases, you need to book an appointment to even register your house or visit the immigration for visa extension and this can take between one to four months on the average.

To clarify my explanation.... in the Hauptstadt KIEL these process takes between one to four months on the average to issue a resident/work permit. Funny enough there are some suburbs around KIEL (10 to 15 minutes by bus) where the process of house registration and issuance of the resident/work permit is just within a week (No appointment is needed here)

Tip: Relate with folks living in your destination city... There might be a way to fasten the process likewise to get some hustle in the meantime.

There are some jobs you don't need any registration for Z.b UMZUGHILFE (Moving Help) and some more... (relate with kind guys in your destination city for OT)....

meine zwei Löffel....

Bro, so grateful. We really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingyKing: 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2018
mariaattah:
Hello Gurus in the house, una well done plenty plenty....I got admission letter from hochsche geisenheim to study bsc international wine business..I thought I was to open block account before applying for visa, all to discovered that no more student visa. My enrollment date is bwt August 1st and October 15th. I have send many mail for interview but till today no mail..please I need advice on how to go about it.
Best regards

Their decision is obvious enough already,
Don't spam them with mails, pray they decide to give you a slot, else check if the course is taken in summer, if it is, you can defer your admission till summer.
Just few months away.
Sorry.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eke40seven(m): 3:39pm On Aug 01, 2018
Lalaski001:

I believe that your visa from Nigeria comes with a conditional work permit... When you arrive, you can go to your KVR or foreigners office or whatever it's called in your city and ask for a temporary work permit. This is after your enrollment in school, city registration and and insurance. In Munich, you can get it same day, I don't know about other cities... So how fast you get it now depends on how soon you are able to do these things, which can range from a day to never.

12 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2018
mariaattah:
Hello Gurus in the house, una well done plenty plenty....I got admission letter from hochsche geisenheim to study bsc international wine business..I thought I was to open block account before applying for visa, all to discovered that no more student visa. My enrollment date is bwt August 1st and October 15th.
If U Are Familiar With The Appointment Booking Process, Just Carefully And Prayerfully Give It A Shot, But, People Have Been Lamenting The Closure Of Booking Process For The Session. Again, U Can Try Finding Out If You Can Use The Current Admission For Summer. All The Best

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello House, Who Else Is Havhng Interview On 23.08. in lagos?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bmfunso: 4:10pm On Aug 01, 2018
with great joy and excitement, I give thanks to God Almighty as I celebrate the arrival of my AM. Also, many thanks to all drivers of this wonderful thread for I really gained a lot here..below is the highlight of my Germany dream.

2017-
online application June, 2017
Admission letter- July 20, 2017
No visa appointment available- ( Consulate General booked out in 2017).
No admission deferment ( University policy)
End of 2017.

2018-
're-applied for admission online on 2nd of February, 2018
received admission letter on 26th of June. 2018
started following German nairaland thread on March, 2018
Visa interview-2nd of July, 2018
AM- 31st of July, 2018.
( I funded before interview)

I pray good news also await everyone here by the grace of God. Don't give up on your dream, keep pursuing.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by INCREDIBLE015(m): 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bmfunso:
with great joy and excitement, I give thanks to God Almighty as I celebrate the arrival of my AM. Also, many thanks to all drivers of this wonderful thread for I really gained a lot here..below is the highlight of my Germany dream.

2017-
End of 2017.

2018-
AM- 31st of July, 2018.

I pray good news also await everyone here by the grace of God. Don't give up on your dream, keep pursuing.
Congrat Bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2018
Congrats bro. I tap into your testimony smiley
Bmfunso:

2017-
End of 2017.

2018-
AM- 31st of July, 2018.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by olorundareBanji: 4:39pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bmfunso:

2017-
End of 2017.

2018-
AM- 31st of July, 2018.

Congrats....Where did you do your interview, Lagos or Abuja?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Hulkimiliano(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01, 2018
peemyke:
almost 23,000
Kilode wetin happen.....
Dom acct no suppose reach DAT 1
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bmfunso: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2018
olorundareBanji:

Congrats....Where did you do your interview, Lagos or Abuja?
Lagos

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by hillsiderfak(m): 5:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
favor for all of us
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2018
Wait.... How did you receive admission letter 26th of June and have interview 2nd of July.... in LAGOS How e take happen?
Bmfunso:

Lagos
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 5:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
Rosicky7:
Wait.... How did you receive admission letter 26th of June and have interview 2nd of July.... in LAGOS How e take happen?

I also wanna ask Same question cus I got ad june 14 yet I was given sep 3,maybe he meant may26
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 5:52pm On Aug 01, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

I also wanna ask Same question cus I got ad june 14 yet I was given sep 3,maybe he meant may26
got admission June 1 applied June 4 got August 16 may be he was among the people that booked before they changed the rule sha so its possible

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by INCREDIBLE015(m): 6:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
Rosicky7:
He probably did book with another admission letter before the main one arrived.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Highbeeyajibola: 6:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
INCREDIBLE015:

He probably did book with another admission letter before the main one arrived.

Ohh that's another valid point
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Sakasitay(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
Please guys, can't I buy the prepaid envelope at another DHL office?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bankyproperties: 7:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
aibee01:

meine zwei Löffel....

Really grateful boss very useful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.