Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586654 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2018
KingyKing:

Their decision is obvious enough already,
Don't spam them with mails, pray they decide to give you a slot, else check if the course is taken in summer, if it is, you can defer your admission till summer.
Just few months away.
Sorry.

Many thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2018
serendy:
If U Are Familiar With The Appointment Booking Process, Just Carefully And Prayerfully Give It A Shot, But, People Have Been Lamenting The Closure Of Booking Process For The Session. Again, U Can Try Finding Out If You Can Use The Current Admission For Summer. All The Best

Thanks dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Bmfunso: 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2018
Rosicky7:
Wait.... How did you receive admission letter 26th of June and have interview 2nd of July.... in LAGOS How e take happen?

Let me clear the uncertainty, yes I got visa appointment while I was still waiting for my admission. Now how did it happen? I remember posting on this thread sometimes April that the university I applied to sent me a document addressed to the embassy stating that I had a proper application for admission in their school and that the embassy should grant me an interview date with the document. I used that document with my BA confirmation and international passport to book appointment in April and the embassy gave me 2nd of July, I also remember urging others to request for such document from their various schools which would enable us to book appointment ahead so that what happened in 2017 would not repeat itself and some people sent me DM which I put them through.
I hope I have cleared that.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 7:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bmfunso:
with great joy and excitement, I give thanks to God Almighty as I celebrate the arrival of my AM. Also, many thanks to all drivers of this wonderful thread for I really gained a lot here..below is the highlight of my Germany dream.

2017-
online application June, 2017
Admission letter- July 20, 2017
No visa appointment available- ( Consulate General booked out in 2017).
No admission deferment ( University policy)
End of 2017.

2018-
're-applied for admission online on 2nd of February, 2018
received admission letter on 26th of June. 2018
started following German nairaland thread on March, 2018
Visa interview-2nd of July, 2018
AM- 31st of July, 2018.
( I funded before interview)

I pray good news also await everyone here by the grace of God. Don't give up on your dream, keep pursuing.
Congrats....go n succeed
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mariaattah: 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2018
dailydolar:
got admission June 1 applied June 4 got August 16 may be he was among the people that booked before they changed the rule sha so its possible

@dailydollar, I don't know if anyone has asked this q bf on the thread, is it possible for a prospective student to apply for visa without ad letter? If yes, what will be the format for appointment process cos this there grammer of no more student visa for winter is disheartening... Pls your response will do me a lot of good...
Thanks bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2018
peemyke:
go to another bank. Tell them that the money will be used to pay your semester fees, health insurance as well as living expenses.
Went to UBA and first bank but no positive response. Anyways at wat rate where u given?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2018
mariaattah:

@dailydollar, I don't know if anyone has asked this q bf on the thread, is it possible for a prospective student to apply for visa without ad letter? If yes, what will be the format for appointment process cos this there grammer of no more student visa for winter is disheartening... Pls your response will do me a lot of good...
Thanks bro
read what @bmfunsho just posted so you can follow do same
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 8:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
Bmfunso:

Let me clear the uncertainty, yes I got visa appointment while I was still waiting for my admission. Now how did it happen? I remember posting on this thread sometimes April that the university I applied to sent me a document addressed to the embassy stating that I had a proper application for admission in their school and that the embassy should grant me an interview date with the document. I used that document with my BA confirmation and international passport to book appointment in April and the embassy gave me 2nd of July, I also remember urging others to request for such document from their various schools which would enable us to book appointment ahead so that what happened in 2017 would not repeat itself and some people sent me DM which I put them through.
I hope I have cleared that.

I also think that your funded BA help you to gain the confidence of the embassy.

4 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Donetua: 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
Please,who applied in Potsdam university for Msc data science. Uniassit has forwarded my details since almost 5weeks now and no reply from the school .anyone in the house for Msc data science in potsdam?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
aibee01:

This depends on which jurisdiction your city registration/foreign office falls under. For some small town or registration area, you can register your house and proceed to the immigration office for your visa extension (i.e resident and work permit inclusive) all within one week. A temporary permit will be issued to you pending the time your card will be produced. with this, you can work legally.

In other cases, you need to book an appointment to even register your house or visit the immigration for visa extension and this can take between one to four months on the average.

To clarify my explanation.... in the Hauptstadt KIEL these process takes between one to four months on the average to issue a resident/work permit. Funny enough there are some suburbs around KIEL (10 to 15 minutes by bus) where the process of house registration and issuance of the resident/work permit is just within a week (No appointment is needed here)

Tip: Relate with folks living in your destination city... There might be a way to fasten the process likewise to get some hustle in the meantime.

There are some jobs you don't need any registration for Z.b UMZUGHILFE (Moving Help) and some more... (relate with kind guys in your destination city for OT)....

meine zwei Löffel....

Hi, I'll like to connect with you, I already sent a pm. I'd be heading to Kiel soon, hopefully. Thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phodio: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hello people. On The passport photo requirement.

Did you guys use ruler to measure yours? The guy that took my picture brought a photo he claimed to be 45mm X 35mm (computer standard, as he said). I used ruler to measure and it's not so. The ruler measurement gives around 50 X 40mm. I argued with him but the guy said it's his job and had given me what he felt was correct.

Who's right? What should I do?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nellso: 10:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
Oga Eke40seven, please I sent you a PM. There's a document I want to show you. Thanks
Eke40seven:

I believe that your visa from Nigeria comes with a conditional work permit... When you arrive, you can go to your KVR or foreigners office or whatever it's called in your city and ask for a temporary work permit. This is after your enrollment in school, city registration and and insurance. In Munich, you can get it same day, I don't know about other cities... So how fast you get it now depends on how soon you are able to do these things, which can range from a day to never.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by victree007(m): 11:21pm On Aug 01, 2018
phodio:
Hello people. On The passport photo requirement.

I used ruler to measure and it's not so. The ruler measurement gives around 50 X 40mm.

Who's right? What should I do?
The VO will not measure the passport on the day of your interview so relax. Just be sure your head covers about 70% of the passport and it's recent while your shoulders take the remaining 30%. I'm sure you will be fine.

5 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Enephkay: 11:22pm On Aug 01, 2018
Sakasitay:

Lol, God's Grace doing mighty works here and there. I tap into your swift
response.

Haha you are covered my brother.. God dey for this side of the world so we favored... I realize that it is hard to keep successful stories a secret sha....

By the way I got my flight discount oo and my days are numbered in Nigeria now... The lady that helped me with the discount thing asked if I have traveled out before and I told her I have not gone to even Cotonou but now na Germany I dey go...

So she explained everything to me and the Dubai stop thing what and what I have to do not to miss the flight from Dubai to Germany.... Basically she said I should always ask as soon as I get in touch with their staffs as they have unique attire so therefore issa banger

8 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tochi12: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2018
serendy:
Hello House, Who Else Is Havhng Interview On 23.08. in lagos?

Me

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tochi12: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2018
Donetua:
Please,who applied in Potsdam university for Msc data science. Uniassit has forwarded my details since almost 5weeks now and no reply from the school .anyone in the house for Msc data science in potsdam?

They said is August ending
I mailed them
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Donetua: 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2018
I mailed them [/quote]
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Donetua: 11:49pm On Aug 01, 2018
tochi12:

I mailed them

Haaa! !bros,when they gonna resume for winter ?
Because it's too late unless they will extend the enrolment till Jan *side eyes*
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by phodio: 12:16am On Aug 02, 2018
victree007:

The VO will not measure the passport on the day of your interview so relax. Just be sure your head covers about 70% of the passport and it's recent while your shoulders take the remaining 30%. I'm sure you will be fine.
Thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rimz28: 1:10am On Aug 02, 2018
Who is having his interview on the 31 of August. Please kindly indicate
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuksey1(m): 4:58am On Aug 02, 2018
Enephkay:

Haha you are covered my brother.. God dey for this side of the world so we favored... I realize that it is hard to keep successful stories a secret sha....

By the way I got my flight discount oo and my days are numbered in Nigeria now... The lady that helped me with the discount thing asked if I have traveled out before and I told her I have not gone to even Cotonou but now na Germany I dey go...

So she explained everything to me and the Dubai stop thing what and what I have to do not to miss the flight from Dubai to Germany.... Basically she said I should always ask as soon as I get in touch with their staffs as they have unique attire so therefore issa banger

Which of the cities are you flying to.. I heard the discount is only for Frankfurt and darmstat.. Kindly confirm
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Enephkay: 5:54am On Aug 02, 2018
chuksey1:

Which of the cities are you flying to.. I heard the discount is only for Frankfurt and darmstat.. Kindly confirm

Frankfurt
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by yomizee: 6:11am On Aug 02, 2018
Rimz28:
Who is having his interview on the 31 of August. Please kindly indicate

Sup
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by jbonito(m): 6:44am On Aug 02, 2018
Great to see the movement waxing on as beautiful as ever. Wishing every applicant the very best and more good news along the way. Anyone coming to Trier University this winter can always PM for help with anything. Everyone can feel free to ask questions too of course. Lol

Make I go sleep small grin

Cheers

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuksey1(m): 7:24am On Aug 02, 2018
Enephkay:

Frankfurt

Congratulations boss.. Have a safe trip

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuksey1(m): 7:41am On Aug 02, 2018
If there is anyone in the house that has successfully used the Emirates airline promo to book his flight to anyone of these German cities (munich, berlin and hamburg) please let us know..

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by samajayi1(m): 8:02am On Aug 02, 2018
Enephkay:

How much did u pay bro and to what city are you heading?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Kenthumphz(m): 8:07am On Aug 02, 2018
chuksey1:
If there is anyone in the house that has successfully used the Emirates airline promo to book his flight to anyone of these German cities (munich, berlin and hamburg) please let us know..

Oga, goan use Turkish air. Awoof no reach that side. The promo only extends to students going to Frankfurt and Dusseldorf I think.

All the best. Travelstart.com should help

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 02, 2018
tochi12:

Me
Ok Bro, I Will Pm You, Pls Lets Plan together. Cheers And Great Grace Ahead
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by francyb: 8:32am On Aug 02, 2018
Congrat Bro!

Bmfunso:
with great joy and excitement, I give thanks to God Almighty as I celebrate the arrival of my AM. Also, many thanks to all drivers of this wonderful thread for I really gained a lot here..below is the highlight of my Germany dream.

2017-
online application June, 2017
Admission letter- July 20, 2017
No visa appointment available- ( Consulate General booked out in 2017).
No admission deferment ( University policy)
End of 2017.

2018-
're-applied for admission online on 2nd of February, 2018
received admission letter on 26th of June. 2018
started following German nairaland thread on March, 2018
Visa interview-2nd of July, 2018
AM- 31st of July, 2018.
( I funded before interview)

I pray good news also await everyone here by the grace of God. Don't give up on your dream, keep pursuing.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 02, 2018
Please House. I Need Guidance On The Ge Declaration. The One That Should Be Deposed By The Head Of The Family, Someone Wrote Recently That It May Or May Not Have Passport Photo, Written Or Typed. Please, Are Those Accurate Info? And Can A State High Court Stamp Do? Wishing Us All The Best.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by francyb: 8:49am On Aug 02, 2018
The same with me.
Bankyproperties:

Mine is Aug 28

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.