Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588699 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 8:15am On Nov 10, 2018
UbiPetrus:
No. Unless the school you are applying to specifically requests that you upload a certified true copy.

You are the guy from IMSU. I'm glad you've got your transcripts.

Bro you have been most helpful...
Can i pm you please...
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by decide: 8:22am On Nov 10, 2018
harkheju:
For the transcripts...you are to notarize or certify both sides....

Thanks dear
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 9:49am On Nov 10, 2018
Ndkings1:

Bro you have been most helpful...
Can i pm you please...
Sure you can.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 9:56am On Nov 10, 2018
Any cert that's front and back you need notarize both sides...

Of course you need notarize your professional certificates

decide:
good morning all, please do I need to notarize my internal/professional certificate such Oracle. Again my transcript is photocopied front and back, should i notarize both sides or just one side is enough?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 9:58am On Nov 10, 2018
10pages of transcript shocked.. Your school sabi waste paper oh

harkheju:
Its too expensive for that amount..how much would they have collected if you had 10 pages of transcripts just like I do have...I certified 30 pages of my transcripts in total after making the photocopies..including 5 copies each of my other academic documents...making it 45 pages..that I certified for 5k.....you just need to follow them reason like a street boy...if not those court people go built house on top your head o..

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Iheuyo: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2018
Iheuyo:
So I had a very long wait between interview and AM.

Admission July.
Interview 28 August
AM 13th October
Visa 22nd October
Landed here. 3rd Nov

Just wanted to point out. Hold some cash (like 1500 Euros) on your way, whether or not you are using the blocked account.
As you might need to pay rent et al before you're able to unblock your account.
If you can learn basic German too, so you don't have to start all conversations with "Do you speak English"

One more thing. Please buy a quality power extension with two pin. So you can plug you phones and laptops that are mostly 3pin without hassle.

It's small but, you don't want to pay 24 Euros(roughly 12k for an extension you would have bought 1,200 in Naija).

Those coming in summer, buy enough Tee Shirts and Jeans. It's quite expensive here, but for now sha. We can't rock them, na sweater go dey rush you.

22 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 10:11am On Nov 10, 2018
Lol...I got my transcripts from my department...so each semester was on a separate paper...and my course was 5 years...automatically that's 10 pages...

Fabcol:
10pages of transcript shocked.. Your school sabi waste paper oh

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2018
Visa application for Students and Language Course StudentsThis is to inform you that all checklists aswell as application forms are free of costs. The Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany hereby wishes to inform you that the competent alien's authority in Germany has to be notified about any longterm visa application. The authority also has to give its consent according to the travel purpose. From September 1st 2017, the visa fee amounts to 75,00 Euro (only payable in Naira). Please be informed that a visa application will be rejected in cases of bribery.Every applicant is asked to provide the following mandatory documents (original+ 2 copiesof each document, unless otherwise specified) after having booked an appointment via ourwebsitewww.nigeria.diplo.de:• 2 Visa Application Forms (Application for a Residence Permit) – no copies required!• 2 signed declarations according to Section 54 Paragraph 2 Nr. 8 of the German Alien's Law• Valid passport +2 copies of its data page• 2 identical passport pictures according to biometric specifications, one attachedto application form and one loose• School Leaving Certificates of Primary and Secondary School/ WAEC-Certificate• Proof of previous academic studies/professional training/ work experience (if applicable)• Birth Certificate from National Population Commission or Declaration ofAge deposed to by head of Family (Please note that an NPC birth certificatemay only be accepted if the applicant is born after December 13th, 1992)• Biographically old documents (older than 5 years) to verify identity (such as library card, baptism certificate, vaccination card etc.)• Letter of admission to the university/ Confirmation of registration for language course Stand: August 2017• Proof of knowledge of the German language, if applicable• A “WAEC-direct access card“ (scratch card to access WAEC results online, available e. g. at Spring Bank and Wema Bank)• prepaid courier envelope by any major courier service• letter of motivation• Curriculum Vitae stating all visited schools, universities as well as listing all employers until date of visa application• Proof of financial means for one year byone of the following options:a) Confirmation of blocked German bank account bearing an amount of minimum 8.640,-€. Please refer to our websitewww.nigeria.diplo.defor further informationb) official German declaration of sponsorship („Verpflichtungserklärung“) for the purpose of studies/ language course given before the competent German authority (Please note: Financingis usually only secured if declarant resides in Germany)c) proof of scholarship of a German/ European organization covering the arising costs Supplementary information or evidence may be requested in each individual case.Please be informed that incomplete applications (e.g. missing set of copies) are likely to be rejected!You can also downlaod that document through this link :https://nigeria.diplo.de/ng-en/service/visa/student-research-and-language-course-visa/1015536

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 11:17am On Nov 10, 2018
please what does "2 signed declarations according to Section 54 Paragraph 2 Nr. 8 of the German Alien's Law" mean and how do I go about it?

I was born before December 1992, Can I use affidavit in place of birth certificate?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dankeschon: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2018
Good morning all,

Does anyone know if the student promo for international flights to Germany are still available, and which Airlines are offering, and what price?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by UbiPetrus: 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
beatmonster:
please what does "2 signed declarations according to Section 54 Paragraph 2 Nr. 8 of the German Alien's Law" mean and how do I go about it?

I was born before December 1992, Can I use affidavit in place of birth certificate?
Check the German visa application site. The declaration is there. You simply need to print out and sign.

Since you're born before Dec. 13 1992, you should use an age declaration deposed to by head of family.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by oluwaseunadebay(m): 1:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
sahm4u2nv:

Was thinking of making a photocopy of the original copies, so was thinking there's was no need to certify. But now that you have told me I would certify them including declaration of age

Guy lets reason together i want to certify some documents too.maybe we can do it together in lagos. Here is my mail bayoakintola2011@gmail.com. kindly get back ASAP
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by lexdino: 1:30pm On Nov 10, 2018
beatmonster:

lexdino
thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2018
lexdino:

thanks.

u r welcome.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 1:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
UbiPetrus:
Check the German visa application site. The declaration is there. You simply need to print out and sign.

Since you're born before Dec. 13 1992, you should use an age declaration deposed to by head of family.

thanks bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingUCC: 2:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
Dankeschon:
Good morning all,

Does anyone know if the student promo for international flights to Germany are still available, and which Airlines are offering, and what price?

Emirates and Turkish Airline.
The promo code for Emirates is NGSTU18, check if it applies to the city you're going and the fare for the date you want, it's been N188k+ anyways
For Turkish Airline, you may need to go to their office to book a reservation. I guess It's cheaper than Emirates
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by decide: 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2018
Fabcol:
Any cert that's front and back you need notarize both sides...

Of course you need notarize your professional certificates

Thanks bro
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by AKUPSME: 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
harkheju:
Its too expensive for that amount..how much would they have collected if you had 10 pages of transcripts just like I do have...I certified 30 pages of my transcripts in total after making the photocopies..including 5 copies each of my other academic documents...making it 45 pages..that I certified for 5k.....you just need to follow them reason like a street boy...if not those court people go built house on top your head o..

Abeg some people no get joy at all, no matter how you spin them dey won't shake, here in warri, I begged for #300 per page, they insisted it must be #500 and nothing less,I even vex comot. When I came back the next day,dem talk say why I no go Lagos go do am. I spent almost 16k certifying 3sets of documents.
Long and short, some areas won't reduce, probably Lagos has the best rate, but what do we do if we are not close to Lagos.
NOTE ..Transcripts should be treated as a single page document,even if it has 10pages.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Twallace: 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2018
npmi:
Someone told me that Nigerian ladies abroad hardly see Nigerian men to marry them, travelling out as a single lady is not good, please is it true?

This is not far from truth. I know one Ghanaian girl on scholarship who is eager to finish her studies and go back to Ghana to find husband. However, each person has his or her own path in life. Don't be afraid to choose your own path.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dankeschon: 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2018
KingUCC:

Emirates and Turkish Airline.
The promo code for Emirates is NGSTU18, check if it applies to the city you're going and the fare for the date you want, it's been N188k+ anyways
For Turkish Airline, you may need to go to their office to book a reservation. I guess It's cheaper than Emirates

Thanks a lot @KingUCC
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by beatmonster(m): 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
AKUPSME:

Abeg some people no get joy at all, no matter how you spin them dey won't shake, here in warri, I begged for #300 per page, they insisted it must be #500 and nothing less,I even vex comot. When I came back the next day,dem talk say why I no go Lagos go do am. I spent almost 16k certifying 3sets of documents.
Long and short, some areas won't reduce, probably Lagos has the best rate, but what do we do if we are not close to Lagos.
NOTE ..Transcripts should be treated as a single page document,even if it has 10pages.

your alma mater can certify your transcript and degree certificate right?

It cost me N2500 to certify three sets of documents when I applied for Japanese scholarship.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2018
Lol..them really no get joy...you can imagine I went to a notary public .and I was told...#1k per page...and I was to notarize 45 page...mehn...I no just follow them bargain...I just comot the place go federal high court for ikoyi...

AKUPSME:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 5:46pm On Nov 10, 2018
Yes sir..

beatmonster:

your alma mater can certify your transcript and degree certificate right?

It cost me N2500 to certify three sets of documents when I applied for Japanese scholarship.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 6:19pm On Nov 10, 2018
Finally I notarize my own #250 par page at Lagos ...this one una dey call price like this....did up to 45 doc tho guess that's y it was cheap

harkheju:
Lol..them really no get joy...you can imagine I went to a notary public .and I was told...#1k per page...and I was to notarize 45 page...mehn...I no just follow them bargain...I just comot the place go federal high court for ikoyi...

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by KingUCC: 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2018
Dankeschon:

Thanks a lot @KingUCC

You're welcome sir
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Gavrelino123: 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2018
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/

You would find a lot of schools there like a lot just filter and search properly

Gavrelino123:
Good evening house
please can someone give me lists of free tuition fee school's for undergraduate programmes in germany in relation to accounting,economics or any other related courses. etc.
I want to enroll for a BSC programme in Germany.
my email is Gavrelino123@yahoo.com
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Generous222(m): 8:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
I certified 5 sets of my documents in ebonyi state for just 1,500.. 1k is for the lady stamping then 500 u wld have to pay to bank..50 naira par page..
AKUPSME:

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
shocked...its cheap o..

Generous222:
I certified 5 sets of my documents in ebonyi state for just 1,500.. 1k is for the lady stamping then 500 u wld have to pay to bank..50 naira par page..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mightyokwy(m): 10:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
Iheuyo:

One more thing. Please buy a quality power extension with two pin. So you can plug you phones and laptops that are mostly 3pin without hassle.

It's small but, you don't want to pay 24 Euros(roughly 12k for an extension you would have bought 1,200 in Naija).

Those coming in summer, buy enough Tee Shirts and Jeans. It's quite expensive here, but for now sha. We can't rock them, na sweater go dey rush you.
Bro which school are you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by mightyokwy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2018
Good evening house. Please anyone Applying for international business administration and trade master's at university of worms.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by harkheju(m): 11:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Notarize?...where did you do yours....for my area for apapa...them no get joy o..

Fabcol:
Finally I notarize my own #250 par page at Lagos ...this one una dey call price like this....did up to 45 doc tho guess that's y it was cheap

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58