Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (591516 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 5:21am On Feb 12, 2019
Mystique20:
Had my interview today ;
It went great!!
The lady who interviewed me was quite nice, Paulinus was his usual obnoxious self, all in all the interview lasted about 10 minutes.
Here are the questions asked:
HAVE YOU FUNDED?
1: what are you going for?
2: msc or Bsc?
3: why germany?
4: why not Nigeria?
5: why not us, UK or any English speaking country
6: Why this course?
7: tell me facts about Germany not stories
8:what do you intend to do after your programme?
9: have you learned German?
10: what was your Bsc thesis?
What's the name of your program and university?

congratulations dear, AM following shortly. Go to deutschland and succeed.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 5:32am On Feb 12, 2019
Dannyozs:
Thanks bro

congratulations danny, just look out for travel insurance that suits you such as axa mansard or mawista just as someone said here. better still check out for insurance acceptable for German schengen visa online, then make decisions based on the their services.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 5:35am On Feb 12, 2019
chuddysambo:
Am dropped today.
I am grateful to everyone on this forum whose advice contributed to this.
My timeline:
Applied for admission : 26 August 2018
Admitted: 28 October
Funded: December 31st
Interview: January 15
AM dropped: February 11.

All glory to God as it is by his grace.

PS: Has anyone used finitba mawista health insurance for visa?

Thanks all.

To everyone awaiting admission , interview or AM you shall be sucessful.

congrats chuddy
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 5:37am On Feb 12, 2019
congratulations dear AM fall on you
Mystique20:
Had my interview today ;
It went great!!
The lady who interviewed me was quite nice, Paulinus was his usual obnoxious self, all in all the interview lasted about 10 minutes.
Here are the questions asked:
HAVE YOU FUNDED?
1: what are you going for?
2: msc or Bsc?
3: why germany?
4: why not Nigeria?
5: why not us, UK or any English speaking country
6: Why this course?
7: tell me facts about Germany not stories
8:what do you intend to do after your programme?
9: have you learned German?
10: what was your Bsc thesis?
What's the name of your program and university?

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 5:38am On Feb 12, 2019
Congratulations dear
Dannyozs:
Guys, God has done it for me! I just received the Almighty a.m mail today and it reads;
Dear Sir/Madam,
In your above-mentioned visa matter you are requested to kindly forward the following documents to the undersigned (you may either forward them via courier service or drop them directly at the gate of the Consulate General):
your passport
a travel health insurance, valid for 6 months starting from the date of travel
(plus one photo copy)
Please also indicate your travel dates, bearing in mind that your departure should not be scheduled any sooner than at least 7 days after the posting of your envelope.....etc
*All Glory be to God and the wonderful ppl of this forum who have been selfless in dishing out info and making sure we all get along. God bless you all and grant A.M to all the hopefuls both summer and winter 2019. Yes this is a testimony, this journey has been straight forward for me except the challenge I had on my interview date. I was so disorganized that day like damn I already started having doubts but I just committed everything to God Almighty and finally God made a way!
Had my interview on 16th Jan, sent blocking confirmation on the 29th of Jan and received A.M 11th Feb.
*Please someone should direct me on what next to do like which insurance company do I use and how do I contact them from Enugu, thank you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 5:43am On Feb 12, 2019
Congratulations
chuddysambo:
Am dropped today.
I am grateful to everyone on this forum whose advice contributed to this.
My timeline:
Applied for admission : 26 August 2018
Admitted: 28 October
Funded: December 31st
Interview: January 15
AM dropped: February 11.

All glory to God as it is by his grace.

PS: Has anyone used finitba mawista health insurance for visa?

Thanks all.

To everyone awaiting admission , interview or AM you shall be sucessful.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 6:05am On Feb 12, 2019
Dannyozs:
OK thank you, more questions; which is better dormitory or private rental? How is the area in terms of student work?

Just in case you find it difficult getting studentenwerk accommodation, you can use this for private accommodation. wg-gesucht.de/en

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dutchkid: 6:34am On Feb 12, 2019
Eldeee:

Just in case you find it difficult getting studentenwerk accommodation, you can use this for private accommodation. wg-gesucht.de/en
But how do we use the platform
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 6:51am On Feb 12, 2019
Eldeee:

congratulations danny, just look out for travel insurance that suits you such as axa mansard or mawista just as someone said here. better still check out for insurance acceptable for German schengen visa online, then make decisions based on the their services.
Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 6:52am On Feb 12, 2019
Eldeee:

thanks again, very helpful, God bless you.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 6:52am On Feb 12, 2019
Dutchkid:
Congratulations dear
Thanks a lot.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by JustCare: 7:02am On Feb 12, 2019
Lacazette1:

I've been reading this as a guest for a quite a while now and I decided to join today.
I want to expose your fraud.
First of all, the electronic engineering course at Hamm Lippstadt is for the winter semester only, so you can't get visa with this course for the summer semester. I am 100% sure of that!!
Secondly, you claim you submitted your passport 4th February 2019 and DHL picked up your passport 7th February 2019 (3 days after) and it got delivered 8th February 2019. I'm 90% sure you don't stay in Lagos, so DHL can never pick up your docs today and deliver it to you the next day (not possible).
Keep lying

grin check my post of few days where I said I don't believe him. I have been around this thread for five years now and knows when anyone is catfishing for SL money. The dude must be a scammer

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 7:11am On Feb 12, 2019
Adhheir:

Hi, pls does one need English proficiency tests to attend studienkolleg?. I'm asking for a ward. He has b1 participation certificate and currently enrolled for b2. Although the course he wants to study eventually is in English language.
for STK all you need is the German proficiency she can apply with the b1 but b2 will give the person an edge over others that's just all . except after her STK the person now decides to study in English but don't see why he or she will want to study in English after mastering German language cos English will definitely limit her or him .
Hope this helps
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 7:19am On Feb 12, 2019
adudu208:

Thanks for a comprehensive response.

The reason I asked this question is because I don't see myself leaving my family behind.

Having them join after is ok, as long as it doesn't exceed 3months.

I am currently considering the pros and cons of applying for a direct PhD since i hold a Msc degree.

As for funds, I believe I have more than enough to open block accounts for my entire household. If money is the only impediment then I guess I am good to go.

I am currently researching this and I am also grateful for all the contributions here.
bros this money wey you dey talk about just for the BA is about 10million that's just for your wife and a child including you . well for me of you have that much why go to Germany better just waka with your family to USA, Canada and other places with family relocation package . no vex ooo am just trying to advise ni ooo I know u might have that much but do you really like Germany that much to want to spend that much to move your family there with the amount involved ?
Well if yes then just go for the PhD stuff cos it comes with KOB offer and the least they pay net is €1300 which is enough for a family of 4 and if you no start in time your visa go be on Oyo bacaise of the family package so most times people leave first then once there they start making arrangement .
Wow this getting long wishing you all the best

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by IAmPhiL(m): 7:39am On Feb 12, 2019
Anyone applied and got a DAAD scholarship?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 7:41am On Feb 12, 2019
heybaby12:

Moi moi and akara all na the same thing. All na Saxony.
I think it's better you take chemnitz.
But check your courses well and make the right choice.
Hello as I was filling the online application for studentenwerk, Freiberg, I was requested to upload "certificate of registration" what does this mean?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adhheir: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2019
dailydolar:
for STK all you need is the German proficiency she can apply with the b1 but b2 will give the person an edge over others that's just all . except after her STK the person now decides to study in English but don't see why he or she will want to study in English after mastering German language cos English will definitely limit her or him .
Hope this helps
Lol thanks, learning the language is one thing, studying a course with the new language is another. He feels he has better chances of performing well with an English course than its German counterpart, after all he's way more proficient in one than the other.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clazikar(m): 8:11am On Feb 12, 2019
Good morning everyone,

Please I have some questions to ask about admission processes and I'm going to be brief about my question.

I got admitted last year(winter) for a BSc program (I was in final year so I had to use my 100-200 level transcript), went for the interview without funding BA or SL and the embassy asked me to bring my passport and insurance and also a proof of funding but plans and promises failed so I couldn't make it because of funding and I had to WITHDRAW my application from the embassy.

1) I'm trying to reapply next winter application. Can I still use the vpd I used for the last admission to reapply to that same school?

2) Can I use my new bachelors certificate to apply to other schools or I should stick to the transcript I used last year? (since I'm still planning on a new bachelor again)

3) is it advisable that I stick to the course(maybe in a different school this time) I got last year since I've been interviewed already and I've said reasons why I wanted to study the coure?

Thank you!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adudu208(m): 8:31am On Feb 12, 2019
dailydolar:
bros this money wey you dey talk about just for the BA is about 10million that's just for your wife and a child including you . well for me of you have that much why go to Germany better just waka with your family to USA, Canada and other places with family relocation package . no vex ooo am just trying to advise ni ooo I know u might have that much but do you really like Germany that much to want to spend that much to move your family there with the amount involved ?
Well if yes then just go for the PhD stuff cos it comes with KOB offer and the least they pay net is €1300 which is enough for a family of 4 and if you no start in time your visa go be on Oyo bacaise of the family package so most times people leave first then once there they start making arrangement .
Thanks bro.

My partner is currently working on getting Canadian student visa.

I am looking at Germany in case she is denied visa and because of some inherent advantages over Canada to me.

For now US is not an option. I prefer countries in the schegen axis.

Like I said earlier the finance is not an issue as long as the money in the blocked accounts still belongs to me.

Thanks for your wise counsel.

PS- Sir, can you state other countries with family relocation packages?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by johndoefoo: 8:40am On Feb 12, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by johndoefoo: 8:43am On Feb 12, 2019

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ollyewa: 8:54am On Feb 12, 2019
johndoefoo post=7. 5648031:

Since you have a Bachelor’s degree now... you can take your certificate with you to the embassy. It’s not an issue... and be ready for why another Bachelor question. That’s all.
. So what will be the answer to why another BSc or masters Pls guys can someone answer this . if you are going for another BSc or master and the vo ask you why another degree
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clazikar(m): 9:01am On Feb 12, 2019
Thank you bro
johndoefoo:

Since you have a Bachelor’s degree now... you can take your certificate with you to the embassy. It’s not an issue... and be ready for why another Bachelor question. That’s all.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chriswazo(m): 9:03am On Feb 12, 2019
dailydolar:

I said the same thing when I read his comment, if you have the money plus years of experience in your field plus MSc, the two bolded countries are preferable o
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Aerofly76: 9:06am On Feb 12, 2019
Big congrats to everyone that had their AM and visas. The best is yours as you arrive DE.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by evergreen9: 9:19am On Feb 12, 2019
Fabcol:
Lol..you get admission into a Nigeria university(NOUN preferable), do 100l there and after second semester you process the transcript..

So I wouldn't have to complete the 100L , all I need is just 1 semester and then I process the transcript and can then apply for the Bsc to study at a German uni?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Fabcol(m): 9:27am On Feb 12, 2019
You will complete the 100l

evergreen9:

So I wouldn't have to complete the 100L , all I need is just 1 semester and then I process the transcript and can then apply for the Bsc to study at a German uni?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by evergreen9: 9:28am On Feb 12, 2019
Fabcol:
You will complete the 100l

Ok thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by johndoefoo: 9:48am On Feb 12, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 9:55am On Feb 12, 2019
Quickly ... if you are thinking of writing TOEFL and probably tensed and nervous, please don’t!!

Used few days to prepare due to my busy schedule and the result came out very well this morning. I was really lazy about it. That is not to say you should not prepare. Just don’t be tensed and pray.

All those “It’s too hard, harder than IELTS” na story, just be calm. All the best. I hope this helps.

Shalom!

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by chuddysambo: 10:45am On Feb 12, 2019
Hello house!
Please dows the embassy accept mawista visa insurance?
It came with my finitba plus package.

Thank you!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 10:49am On Feb 12, 2019
Adeniyii2017:
Quickly ... if you are thinking of writing TOEFL and probably tensed and nervous, please don’t!!

Used few days to prepare due to my busy schedule and the result came out very well this morning. I was really lazy about it. That is not to say you should not prepare. Just don’t be tensed and pray.

All those “It’s too hard, harder than IELTS” na story, just be calm. All the best. I hope this helps.

Shalom!

How much did everything cost you

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54