Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,751 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (586390 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adudu208(m): 9:05am On Feb 11, 2019
Vantades:

They cannot apply for student visa so they'll have to apply for the 3months Schengen visa which will last for 3 months only. And that is just in theory, i think bringing your family with you when going to study just gives red flags. gives them the impression that you don't plan on coming back
I just found out it is possible. Check the attached link

https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/international/berlin/family/index.html

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by adudu208(m): 9:07am On Feb 11, 2019
Aerofly76:

I don't have any experience. However, the little I have read about, you can first apply for your normal student visa. When u get there, application can be made for family, even as a student, as long as you meet the requirements. One major requirement is financial, they will expect u to have some specific amount depending on the size of family. Of course they will expect u to have the right size of accommodation for them naturally.
Like I said, I have no experience, but I've read something related to the question u asked.
And like someone just said, making your student visa application and at the same time making visa application for accompanying family,even if all the resources are available, might look like relocation to them.
Thanks.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Annestacia: 10:02am On Feb 11, 2019
Jeschi101:
ok. Wish you all the best.

Thank you and wish you same too. We will all get there.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndkings1(m): 10:14am On Feb 11, 2019
Aerofly76:

I don't have any experience. However, the little I have read about, you can first apply for your normal student visa. When u get there, application can be made for family, even as a student, as long as you meet the requirements. One major requirement is financial, they will expect u to have some specific amount depending on the size of family. Of course they will expect u to have the right size of accommodation for them naturally.
Like I said, I have no experience, but I've read something related to the question u asked.
And like someone just said, making your student visa application and at the same time making visa application for accompanying family,even if all the resources are available, might look like relocation to them.

When you get there as a student, your family down here will apply for family reunion visa....

The bottom line is having large amounts of money.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 10:40am On Feb 11, 2019
adudu208:

I just found out it is possible. Check the attached link

https://www.fu-berlin.de/en/international/berlin/family/index.html

Hello, it is not as simple as stated in the information document of schools.

Let me assume you are female with kids and are going for M.Sc, asides your blocked account, you will be asked to block half of your BA per child and show plans for accommodation at your destination (so in total your BA plus another half of your BA for each child). If you are male and you are married with kids, you will be told to apply for family reunion when you get to Germany and this requires your wife to get A1 certificate from Geothe while you will be required to show funds enough to cater for their first year (half of BA per child plus full BA for the wife and an appropriate apartment to accommodate them).

If you are going for P.hD, you can apply to move the family at the same time depending on the terms of the P.hD contract. If fully sponsored then they will be issued visa that even allows the wife to work full time.

So yes it is possible but if you look closely, they stated that the right kind of visa must be applied for which is where the cog in the wheel is.

Wish you the best

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by johndoefoo: 10:41am On Feb 11, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by BarristerAlarig: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2019
Ndkings1:

I really want to ask you about this test of a stuff but you have not replied my DM.

Please can you upload the result you are talking about or give me the link to take this test too

Thank you

I have replied your mail. I have so uploaded the result here already
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Globalstamp: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2019
Greetings house

I need urgent help

I received my appointment confirmation letter for interview scheduled for today for the German student visa

After getting to my turn and checked my documents just to confirm my name on the attendance sheet my name wasn’t there

Even Oga paulinus had to take my appointment letter and passport inside to verify after several house he came back to tell me that there is no entry

What can I do now am very confuse my hands are shaking as am writing this and the deadline for my enrolment is 31st of March

Please what can I do
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 11:35am On Feb 11, 2019
Globalstamp:
Greetings house

I need urgent help

I received my appointment confirmation letter for interview scheduled for today for the German student visa

After getting to my turn and checked my documents just to confirm my name on the attendance sheet my name wasn’t there

Even Oga paulinus had to take my appointment letter and passport inside to verify after several house he came back to tell me that there is no entry

What can I do now am very confuse my hands are shaking as am writing this and the deadline for my enrolment is 31st of March

Please what can I do

How did you get the interview date?

Was it via the appointment portal or they replied you by email?

Did you book an earlier appointment? If yes, what happened?

Details will throw more light on the matter.

Anyways, try to get another appointment via the portal and also try via email to the embassy (maybe they will reply with what the exact issue with today's appointment)

All the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Globalstamp: 12:16pm On Feb 11, 2019
I applied through email initially but i didnt got any response, then i lucky booked the appointment online which they gave me a date of 22/02/2019 then the next day i got another email from them for another date which is today 11/02/2019 so now i have two appointments letter
11/02/2019 and 22/02/2019
so i had to cancel the one of 22/02/2019 since i already got an earlier date. but to my surprise today they said there is no entry of my details for appointment

pompido:

How did you get the interview date?

Was it via the appointment portal or they replied you by email?

Did you book an earlier appointment? If yes, what happened?

Details will throw more light on the matter.

Anyways, try to get another appointment via the portal and also try via email to the embassy (maybe they will reply with what the exact issue with today's appointment)

All the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Godisthegreatest: 12:19pm On Feb 11, 2019
johndoefoo:

So you book appointment in July, and embassy gave you date in December? Knowing fully well that you applied for winter semester, embassy will not give you a date in December if you applied for appointment in July. Something is still not right?

seems you are out as a policeman lol....... but if you read properly I said due to late booking of appointment as at July I was not on NL, immediately I saw that no winter appointment on their website then I gave up not until November a friend said I should book as summer applicant and explain to the V.O, now I booked and was given 12th of December and I was bounced back without even being interviewed on that day then the V.O before bouncing me back told me to write the school, which I did then I was sent that letter and booked immediately and got 28 of December. So if you still doubt, I will advice you if you are already in DE to come over to NRW by weekend and we will meet but if you are not then focus on your applications and try and get your visa and you would still meet me there
Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by pompido: 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2019
Globalstamp:
I applied through email initially but i didnt got any response, then i lucky booked the appointment online which they gave me a date of 22/02/2019 then the next day i got another email from them for another date which is today 11/02/2019 so now i have two appointments letter
so i had to cancel the one of 22/02/2019 since i already got an earlier date. but to my surprise today they said there is no entry of my details for appointment

[s]You should have gone with printed emails showing the entire communication and the fact that 22nd was duly cancelled for you.

Well, as it stands, you need to mail them to confirm if the 22nd still stands as they have made the error of not registering you for today or will they be giving you another appointment. You will have to persist and copy all their email addresses that you know to get a fast response. Make sure you emphasize the fact that they did the first booking and the rebooking and as such should proffer a solution.

In the meantime, try and get another appointment via the portal if you can.[/s]

I just read your initial explanation again and saw that you got the 22nd via online and 11th as a response to your email application. My best guess is that they saw the 22nd already booked and rescinded the 11th (without informing you).

Since the system has approved the cancellation you did for the 22nd, you do not have an appointment right now.

So, mail them and explain in details everything as it happened and request for their assistance so you don't miss your deadline. Copy all the email addresses of theirs you can get.

In parallel, email your school and ask for deadline extension as a back up plan.

All the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Globalstamp: 1:25pm On Feb 11, 2019
Thank you very much, please advise me what would be the subject
pompido:

[s]You should have gone with printed emails showing the entire communication and the fact that 22nd was duly cancelled for you.

Well, as it stands, you need to mail them to confirm if the 22nd still stands as they have made the error of not registering you for today or will they be giving you another appointment. You will have to persist and copy all their email addresses that you know to get a fast response. Make sure you emphasize the fact that they did the first booking and the rebooking and as such should proffer a solution.

I just read your initial explanation again and saw that you got the 22nd via online and 11th as a response to your email application. My best guess is that they saw the 22nd already booked and rescinded the 11th (without informing you).

Since the system has approved the cancellation you did for the 22nd, you do not have an appointment right now.

So, mail them and explain in details everything as it happened and request for their assistance so you don't miss your deadline. Copy all the email addresses of theirs you can get.

In parallel, email your school and ask for deadline extension as a back up plan.

All the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Globalstamp: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2019
please can you help me with all the relevant email i need to send to

pompido:

All the best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by johndoefoo: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2019

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Godisthegreatest: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
johndoefoo:

And again, you used Winter Admission Letter yo apply for Summer Semester Visa Appointment, and the embassy gave you a date, then they bounced you back?

There was still appointment space on their website until like August Ending or Early September I guess. So if you truly got your admission in July, then... you’re still not telling us the whole truth.

You confused someone with your story... I took interest in your story because I need to made it clear to that person that things are not really way you expressed it. I already told the guy that Hamm-Lippstadt only admits in Winter for that course, so when you mention Summer.... the guy thought I was lying or something....

I don’t know your story, It’s your story...not my problem...but things you said don’t add up... I will appreciate if you are straight next time so as to not lead others astray.

Thanks

You know when I showed a friend this thing he laughed and said, I have been a fool trying to explain to you and I truly accept that cos its my fault, so guy if you like believe its your own cup of tea, if you don't like believe but don't mislead people with your disbelief cos it might discourage them like I was discouraged when I first started. Try and focus on yourself, trust me you would be surprised the exploits you would do. I ain't quarreling or fighting with you, my friend was like this guy might be bitter about success stories even though he doesn't even know the people but I think that's a lie, I just think you are someone that just believes only in what he thinks and is not open to receive knowledge about what he does not know. But bro my advice is you can do better and be open to know things you never knew before it would really help you, cos someone that might be in the situation I was, seeing this your comment might be discouraged thinking its not possible, how I strongly wish there is someone that can just indicate that he or she is in NRW so we can meet up and then he or she will personally clear the air on this in other to encourage others.
I wish you the best in all your endeavors
Thank you and God bless you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by noblealuu: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2019
Chizzy4God:
Hahahaha your funny ooo. When I told you that I applied to 14 schools then. You where laughing at me. I kept quiet. Because I respond to important question. I know that your just starting. Atleast I know that I will get up to 5 admission or more,and that's exactly what happen.

Well I wish success

Hmm, please how did you go about the courier cost to Germany? Considering the number of applications made.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by tbaby534(f): 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2019
Globalstamp:

Check your cancellation properly. You may have cancelled the 1 of 11 instead of 22. Just to be sure!!

2 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ceyrahtlk(f): 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2019
Good day all,

I understand that for undergraduate admission, universities in Germany usually require 100 level transcript.

I would to find out if A'levels, specifically JUPEB, is considered for admission.

Thank you all
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ohraykon: 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2019
Hello i need advice from those who used xpatrio since
last year they refunded my money i am yet to get it. They told me my money is with deustche bank. I contacted Deutsche bank they said i should inform xpatrio. Since then they have been doing investigation for over a month. I really need to fund because i would soon start my visa application. I need help if there is anyone in berlin who could assist me because i don't understand what the delay is. They refunded the money i sent to a friend in germany to xpatrio. But the one i sent from nigeria i am yet to get it. I regret using xpatrio i wont lie. Very slow response no empathy to my situation i had to withdraw my late winter application because of this issue. What whould i do?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ogoonna: 3:18pm On Feb 11, 2019
Godisthegreatest:

seems you are out as a policeman lol....... but if you read properly I said due to late booking of appointment as at July I was not on NL, immediately I saw that no winter appointment on their website then I gave up not until November a friend said I should book as summer applicant and explain to the V.O, now I booked and was given 12th of December and I was bounced back without even being interviewed on that day then the V.O before bouncing me back told me to write the school, which I did then I was sent that letter and booked immediately and got 28 of December. So if you still doubt, I will advice you if you are already in DE to come over to NRW by weekend and we will meet but if you are not then focus on your applications and try and get your visa and you would still meet me there
Thank you

Lmao....
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by waledora(f): 3:33pm On Feb 11, 2019
Has anyone heard from TU Chemnitz, FU Berlin and FAU?

I dunno why they are delaying their admission......
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2019
Had my interview today ;
It went great!!
The lady who interviewed me was quite nice, Paulinus was his usual obnoxious self, all in all the interview lasted about 10 minutes.
Here are the questions asked:
HAVE YOU FUNDED?
1: what are you going for?
2: msc or Bsc?
3: why germany?
4: why not Nigeria?
5: why not us, UK or any English speaking country
6: Why this course?
7: tell me facts about Germany not stories
8:what do you intend to do after your programme?
9: have you learned German?
10: what was your Bsc thesis?
What's the name of your program and university?

7 Likes

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DrND(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2019
Mystique20:
Had my interview today ;
It went great!!
The lady who interviewed me was quite nice, Paulinus was his usual obnoxious self, all in all the interview lasted about 10 minutes.
HAVE YOU FUNDED?

I guess it's the young lady in room 3. Congrats. You AM will definitely drop.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by ayokunlemmy: 4:28pm On Feb 11, 2019
Congrats dearie. it will all end in praise
Mystique20:
Had my interview today ;
It went great!!
HAVE YOU FUNDED?

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Mystique20(f): 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2019
Yes I was in room three, but I went in quite early, thanks for the good wishes, all the best to you too.

DrND:

I guess it's the young lady in room 3. Congrats. You AM will definitely drop.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Chizzy4God: 5:03pm On Feb 11, 2019
Thank so much. Please the 10,000 is it for applying and sending of the transcript. Because in my own school, I played 10,500 applying and 10,000 for sending it to school.
Secondly, did they send yours to the school you apply to, because someone that is applying to like 5 schools, he will effect him. I send u PM pls reply

Annestacia:

The school headquarters in Abuja is where to apply for transcript.
National Open University of Nigeria,
University Village,
Plot 91, Cadastral Zone,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Expressway,
Jabi, Abuja.

Payment is 10,000 for international universities while 5,000 for national universities.

Yes they send directly to the school.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Adeniyii2017: 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2019
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Annestacia: 5:37pm On Feb 11, 2019
Chizzy4God:
Thank so much. Please the 10,000 is it for applying and sending of the transcript. Because in my own school, I played 10,500 applying and 10,000 for sending it to school.
Secondly, did they send yours to the school you apply to, because someone that is applying to like 5 schools, he will effect him. I send u PM pls reply

I paid the 10,000 for applying as well as sending to uni-assist. You make the payment to the bank and they'll give you a print out that you'll attach to the email you'll send for your transcript application to this email address (academicoffice@noun.edu.ng)
I only applied for them to send to uni-assist as I was applying through uni-assist. If you're applying to 5 schools I guess that will be 50,000 ( 10,000 for each school) and also in your application don't forget to enter all 5 schools addresses.

I think only the headquarters send out transcripts although I am not sure about that.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Juzzywezzy(m): 5:44pm On Feb 11, 2019
Good day to everyone on this page, I have been following this group for a while now, and have been searching for schools on daad, I discovered most schools accept higher CGPA, I graduated with a gp of 3.41(2.2) please if you know a school that accepts students in the range of the above GP please kindly share. I am going for masters!
Thanks �
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Annestacia: 5:47pm On Feb 11, 2019
Juzzywezzy:
Good day to everyone on this page, I have been following this group for a while now, and have been searching for schools on daad, I discovered most schools accept higher CGPA, I graduated with a gp of 3.41(2.2) please if you know a school that accepts students in the range of the above GP please kindly share. I am going for masters!
Thanks �

Your CGPA is strong so go ahead and search on daad for the course you want to study and see what the schools require.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dannyozs(m): 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2019
Guys, God has done it for me! I just received the Almighty a.m mail today and it reads;
Dear Sir/Madam,
In your above-mentioned visa matter you are requested to kindly forward the following documents to the undersigned (you may either forward them via courier service or drop them directly at the gate of the Consulate General):
your passport
a travel health insurance, valid for 6 months starting from the date of travel
(plus one photo copy)
Please also indicate your travel dates, bearing in mind that your departure should not be scheduled any sooner than at least 7 days after the posting of your envelope.....etc
*All Glory be to God and the wonderful ppl of this forum who have been selfless in dishing out info and making sure we all get along. God bless you all and grant A.M to all the hopefuls both summer and winter 2019. Yes this is a testimony, this journey has been straight forward for me except the challenge I had on my interview date. I was so disorganized that day like damn I already started having doubts but I just committed everything to God Almighty and finally God made a way!
Had my interview on 16th Jan, sent blocking confirmation on the 29th of Jan and received A.M 11th Feb.
*Please someone should direct me on what next to do like which insurance company do I use and how do I contact them from Enugu, thank you.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (526)

Travelling To Canada Part 4 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.