Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 (588901 Views)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (526) (Go Down)

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by SooCute(m): 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pls has anyone gotten visa to Bayern (Bavaria) this winter?
Kindly indicate.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2018
Rosicky7:
The embassy has said they only accept birth certificate from people born after December 13th 1992. Every other person must be age declaration
This matter get as e b o. I was born before 13th December 1992 but my birth certificate was issued by NPC and it was issued on 31st January 1992
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by GeneralBahdGuy: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2018
alamsgodsalams:
Please house I have opened a block account and gotten other documents I need a step by step on how to apply for interview
Send the following documents
1) Fintiba's Make Payment
2) Admission letter
3) Int'l passport data page
The body of the Mail should contain your name, address and postal code. to
student@lago.diplo.de

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 5:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
NPC was officially set up on 13th December 1992, and so the embassy sees it that there's no way they would have certified any birth before their inauguration. Me get birth certificate from local government too, but I have to do affidavit
GeneralBahdGuy:
This matter get as e b o. I was born before 13th December 1992 but my birth certificate was issued by NPC and it was issued on 31st January 1992

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 5:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
And talking about declaration of age, who has done their's? Is it just the affidavit from court Abi is there like an attestation letter to follow it. I dunno what the man I talked to now is saying.... Blah blah blah affidavit + attestation of birth, that I should pay 15k for express! I know pure affidavit is like 1500 or so, so me no understand this office them wan open for my head. Abeg those wey Don do, how far?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by iwriterng(m): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
dailydolar:
wait they will reply you but u can use expatrio its faster than fintiba .
Also I have heard of people getting there's after one week

Thank you bro. I logged on just now and under the document section I see the opening confirmation (finitiba basic) download form. Is that the form I’m supposed to download for embassy?

I guess they don’t reply anymore.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by iwriterng(m): 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
Pervic:

Check the status of the docs U uploaded. Has it changed to verified?

Under the Banking >>>> Blocked Account section, it shows “Waiting For Sutor Bank” under status.

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by DeutscheFrau(f): 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hi Studienkolleg hopefuls, is there anyone going to Leibniz this winter for the Aufnahme? Please kindly send me a Pm lets rub minds... Dankeschon
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oluwanifemi34: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
phymeon:

As for parents residing in Nigeria being guarantor, I really don't how it works and I don't know anyone who has use that means. Most sponsorship I've seen is German resident sponsor, another option is to open a blocked account fund it.

I think the health insurance thing is done upon arrival but since they are asking you to submit it with 2 weeks, ask the course coordinator if someone can do it on your behalf since you are not yet in Germany.

BTW why did you choose a fee based course while there are other free courses in the same University.
I just applied randomly to schools that time and all the schools I applied to denied me!!
I've forgotten I applied to the school not until I got message from them on Thursday!!
I just got to realized the program is fee based when I went to read more about it after I got the admission!!
After getting visa and eventually get over there, can't I change program? What's your advise ?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oluwanifemi34: 8:23pm On Jul 08, 2018
Highbeeyajibola:

If you check properly, that requirement is not under student visa
But I can still get student visa with it right? I actually read it on their site on Friday that the course can be done by distance learning too!!!
But the first maill I got though was to be fast with my visa processing so that I can get to school on time!! That was from the course director!!!
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by fluxyn(m): 8:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Please someone should ans this abeg
Omosikiru1992:
Good morning team Dutch land How many days does it takes the embassy to send visa after receiving approval mail and sent the necessaries documents to them for som1 DAT stays wetin Lagos
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Ndom: 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2018
Hello Family, I have just gotten admission in rhein waal, kleve. Please is there any brother or sister I can hook up with?
Also I am anticipating a sponsorship letter from a friend. Can I book visa interview without the letter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 9:42pm On Jul 08, 2018
Open a Fintiba account asap and book for appointment with it.
You can go for the interview with the SL when it is ready. You can't book appointment without either BA or SL
Ndom:
Hello Family, I have just gotten admission in rhein waal, kleve. Please is there any brother or sister I can hook up with?
Also I am anticipating a sponsorship letter from a friend. Can I book visa interview without the letter?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 9:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Someone said he got his the same day. So it should be between 1-7 days to be on the safe side
fluxyn:
Please someone should ans this abeg

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by yommie007: 11:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
I also applied for an MSC program in FSU jena as well but I've not heard from them just yet. But I learnt Jena isn't that urbanized kinda. I also applied in bonn as well but I'm yet to hear from them as well......
Natalife:
Hi my people, for those in Deutschland, pls

Which school is in more urban area becau l was offered same course in both of them. Which one can l get student job easily.

TU Chemnitz

FSU Jena
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Natalife: 12:16am On Jul 09, 2018
yommie007:
I also applied for an MSC program in FSU jena as well but I've not heard from them just yet. But I learnt Jena isn't that urbanized kinda. I also applied in bonn as well but I'm yet to hear from them as well......

Thanks. I wish u all the Best
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 12:26am On Jul 09, 2018
Oluwanifemi34:
1) Please is there anyone in or going to leuphana university of Luneburg this winter semester?
2) Regarding my proof of financial eligibility, my immediate brother a citizen of U.S wants to be my guarantor, how WL I go about that ?
3) among the documents asked to submit for enrollment is proof of membership in the statutory health insurance scheme or private health insurance ( how will I get this? Because it's stated that incase I am using private, I should provide a certificate for an exemption from membership in the statutory health insurance)
2. No , except he deposit the required amount in you block account
3. When you get to Germany u will get health insurance I guess your school is talking about physical enrollment
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Natalife: 12:31am On Jul 09, 2018
Pls guys am worried and l have been ruminating about it for week now, I want to share it pls tell me what to do.

Firstly my B. Sc was 2.7 in German grading system, I also obtain a masters program in Nigerian here with cgpa of I.7 in German grading system. When l applied to Jena l use my M.Sc to support my application owning to the fact l didn't meet 2.5 grade as requested from them. But behold l was given admission.

Now for the visa interview l want to remove l have M. Sc due to the fact l don't want VO to ask me y another masters and not only but also think l am desperate to leave nija. I want to put since l graduated (20I5) l was teaching

Pls do u think I will implication myself owning to the fact the school knows l have M.Sc. Do u think Embassy can get info from my school about my a academic background.

Pls do well to give me Sincere answer.

Thanks guys
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by dailydolar(m): 12:32am On Jul 09, 2018
iwriterng:

Thank you bro. I logged on just now and under the document section I see the opening confirmation (finitiba basic) download form. Is that the form I’m supposed to download for embassy?

I guess they don’t reply anymore.

you should have two forms there to download one is make the transfer and the other is account contract u need the one with title make transfer on download it and use for visa interview all the best

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 09, 2018
May help

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 09, 2018
Natalife:
Pls guys am worried and l have been ruminating about it for week now, I want to share it pls tell me what to do.

Firstly my B. Sc was 2.7 in German grading system, I also obtain a masters program in Nigerian here with cgpa of I.7 in German grading system. When l applied to Jena l use my M.Sc to support my application owning to the fact l didn't meet 2.5 grade as requested from them. But behold l was given admission.

Now for the visa interview l want to remove l have M. Sc due to the fact l don't want VO to ask me y another masters and not only but also think l am desperate to leave nija. I want to put since l graduated (20I5) l was teaching

Pls do u think I will implication myself owning to the fact the school knows l have M.Sc. Do u think Embassy can get info from my school about my a academic background.

Pls do well to give me Sincere answer.

Thanks guys

I think I need to ruminate this issue, am coming !
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 09, 2018
Hello All,
I have interview coming up in August, for a language program in Baden Wuerttemberg, I got leads for accommodation at about 25 Euros per night. the contact person for this says 450 Euros per month best deal. Does anyone know of an alternative pricing for yet a secure housing option for September hopful?
Or better still, is there any one on this forum heading to Baden Wuerttemberg state this september that may be willing to share cost in accomodation?

or, yet, does anyone have contacts in the state who can help me with insider info?

Many thanks
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by freakky(m): 9:24am On Jul 09, 2018
serendy:
Hello All,
I have interview coming up in August, for a language program in Baden Wuerttemberg, I got leads for accommodation at about 25 Euros per night. the contact person for this says 450 Euros per month best deal. Does anyone know of an alternative pricing for yet a secure housing option for September hopful?
Or better still, is there any one on this forum heading to Baden Wuerttemberg state this september that may be willing to share cost in accomodation?

or, yet, does anyone have contacts in the state who can help me with insider info?

Many thanks
where in baden wuerttemberg r u going to
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 09, 2018
freakky:

where in baden wuerttemberg r u going to
Heidenheim Bro.
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Oracle12: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2018
Hello guys, Please I have been schedule for a skype interview with University of Applied sciences Fulda, Msc Global Software Development.

I do not have idea of what to expect.

Please if you have done this interview before or something similar or just technical, I will like to know what to expect and what to prepare for.

Thank you
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Dankeschon: 9:50am On Jul 09, 2018
justwise:
Here is the part 5.

Part4 is here https://www.nairaland.com/modifypost?post=58760455&redirect=%2F3941544%2Fgeneral-german-student-visa-enquiries%2358760455

I really have to thank those who stayed back to help even after getting their visas and despite their busy study and work programs in Germany.

I also have to thank those who shared their experiences right from visa journey to life in Germany as foreign students.

For newbies your German school search starts here https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/en/

The following steps will help newbies (Thanks to CassieV for the tips)

Most of the schools in Germany are tuition free even for international students, you only get to pay a certain amount as semester fees say between 100-400 euros and most times the semester fee comes with a semester ticket to aid in transportation in your city or town.
However, before you're granted a student visa, you have to prove that you can take care of your living expenses with one of the following means ;
1. Block account: The estimated living expenses for a student in a month is 720euros, when you multiply that by 12 months, you get 8640euros. This is the amount you're required to block in an already opened account with either Deutsch bank, Fintiba or Xpatrio. It is called a block account because you will not be able to withdraw everything at once, only 720euros will be released to you every month.
2. Sponsorship letter: If you have a relative living and working legally in Germany, they can get you this letter. They'll have to visit the alien office in their city and will be required to provide some documents and pay a certain fee. The letter will be sent to you when they receive it so that you can go with it for your visa interview.
3. Scholarship: This is usually the best if you have the scholarship, your visa will be granted in under 2 weeks after interview. So try and look for scholarships you can apply to.

Now that you understand the financial situation, let's go into the application process.
To search for schools, click on this link
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programmes/en/?p=l&q=&fos=0&lang[]=2&fee[]=0&sortBy=1&page=1&display=list
filter your search to make it easier, there are English taught courses there.
Generally, the very important documents needed to apply to schools in Germany are;
1. Transcript
2. English Proficiency
3. School Certificates (Degree, Waec, etc)
However, depending on the school, some other documents needed are as follows.
4. Curriculum Vitae
5. Motivation letter
6. Reference letters
7. GRE test
8. Etcetera.. Visit your prospective school website and find out the documents they need from you.
Note: You don't apply with your original documents, you have to make photocopies of them and Certify them in High court or a Notary public. If you stay in Lagos, you can certify at the German Embassy too. You'll have to book appointment for that.
For those planning to go for a Bachelors course, you need a 100level transcript from a university to apply for a BSc program in germany. WAEC alone will not be enough and No, OND will not do, you need a HND.

For the application proper, it is always important to go through the website of the schools you want to apply to, you'll get a lot of information form there concerning how to apply. Some schools do only online applications, some requires that you send your application documents to them by post after applying online, some you send your documents as pdf to their email address and then you get the uni assist crew.
Like I said earlier, it is important to go visit and read the websites.

When you get your admission letter, open a block account immediately(that is if you don't already have a sponsorship letter) and as soon as you get your account details, send an email to the embassy requesting for a visa interview date.
You need these to get an interview date:
1. Admission letter
2. Block account/sponsorship letter/scholarship letter
3. International passport data page(scanned)
Then your Full name and Resident address.

Prepare for your interview
Go for your interview

Good morning all,

please is there a particular email address for Student Visa application? I submitted to one of the Consulate email address, but have not received their response.

Thanks a lot
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Eldeee(m): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2018
serendy:

Heidenheim Bro.

Am heading to Karlsruhe though, as regards accommodation, kindly check out the following website
wg-gesucht.de/en and probably studentenwerk for your place of destination.

1 Like

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by clark0: 10:54am On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=Highbeeyajibola post=69038199]

Thanks boss...they have finally given my brother date they gave him 28th of August...although the school ask him to resume September...pls do you think this will b an issue for him.......
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=Dankeschon post=69210541]

Very usseful information bro.

now I checked out the website and saw this...the attached. but I am not sure if the amount quoted is per month or from september to January, please what do u think?

2 Shares

Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by queenvicka: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2018
[quote author=clark0 post=69212292][/quote]

Pls when was he given a date, was it last week?
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by queenvicka: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2018
abjecht:

mail Tum asap to send you a notification to the embassy that you can do your enrolment by proxy from Nigeria. that way, you attach(screengrab) the mail/document with you admission letter and use it to book for appointment. I read on one of TUM flyers(download) that one can enrol till latest November.

Still having difficulties with this, pls respond to ur pm..
Re: General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 by Rosicky7(m): 11:21am On Jul 09, 2018
Lol @ from September to january grin grin. Na One month rent be that. Don't forget to consider the Kaution that you will pay as well[quote author=serendy post=69212585][/quote]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (526)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.