Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,875 members, 7,817,576 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism (12161 Views)

Candace Owen: I Learned That Feminism Is A Scam, It Tears Women / Feminism Is An Abbreviation Of Female Stupidity - Nigerian Lady / Chimamanda Adichie Misconception Of Feminism And Its Dangers To Rising Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by Fearlez: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2018
postmann:

You're such a classy bastard!

grin grin grin
waiting for that thread.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by postmann: 3:09pm On Aug 29, 2018
Fearlez:
waiting for that thread.

Ok, boss. On the way.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by ganjaman: 7:51am On Aug 30, 2018
What of ladies going nude in music videos,hard labour for women in ebonyi state, child marriage in the north
postmann:
The well-known aphorism, charity begins at home must have been lost to Chimamanda Adichie when she stepped into the media-aided limelight. Perhaps, finding the perks of notoriety too overwhelming, she reached out for more themes to keep basking in the spotlight of media hype and a new fame nowadays guaranteed to anyone who dare challenged the status quo even without scratching deep into exceptional brilliance.

After Adichie's notorious interview with former Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton, where she expressed her displeasure over Clinton's prioritisation of her marital status on her Twitter bio, comparing it to her husband's, the warning bells came off.

Are we looking at a sadistic, vengeful core feminist, whose major goal is to avenge male folks for their alleged "wrongs" or are we looking at an honest feminist who takes the plight of women into genuine consideration?

Did Chimamanda Adichie actually peered at Hillary Clinton's Twitter bio information and then searched out her husband's,Bill Clinton, bio for comparison?

For she clearly pointed out the difference between both Hilary Clinton and that of her husband insensitively and rudely informing Mrs Clinton of her husband's "crime". That was the red flag highlighting Adichie's lack of respect for matrimony and people's wishes.

I never cease to worry had Chimamanda Adichie discovered that Bill Clinton had placed "husband" in the front row in his Twitter bio, would she had picked offence at the choice of his wife, Hilary?

I doubt it. So we're, in essence, dealing with Chimamanda's preference for how the Clinton's should relate to one another.

Quite recently, Chimamanda rocked a media storm again (she just wanted a back-to-back front seat at the online media circus) when she again express her displeasure of male chivalry in holding doors for women. It took Dana Loesch, the National Riffle Association spokesperson to blast Adichie and expose her grand hypocrisy.

Loesch said, Adichie should worry more about the prevalence of female genital mutilation in Nigeria, which by the way is false as Loesch also showed her profound ignorance and lack of general knowledge. Female genital mutilation is not only outlawed in Nigeria for decades, it is convenient to say over 90% female child in Nigeria are born without genital mutilation.

Nevertheless, no one has pointed out to Chimamanda Adichie of the plight of women in her own tribe, in her own ethnicity and region, the South East of Nigeria where women are still forbidden to inherit ancestral lands of their fathers.

It is disheartening that Chimamanda will worry about how Hilary Clinton placed her marital status on her Twitter bio; that she will spare a thought about Western men opening doors for women when millions of women in Eastern Nigeria like her cannot inherit their father's homes in death even if they as females were the only child.

It is preposterous that none of Adichie's works have ever highlighted the plight of women in Eastern Nigeria where tradition forbids them from being rulers or breaking kola nut or attending "Umunna" meetings except when summoned for questioning or as witness.

In Enugu, Chimamanda's birth place, some communities traditionally forbids women from eating gizzard. In Eastern Nigeria, a woman is forbidden to interfere in the negotiations of her marriage between her family and that of her prospective husband's family, making her a bystander or spectator in the negotiations of her own marriage.

Chimamanda would have been partially forgiven if she was born and raised overseas but she had her birth and formative years in Nigeria and she chose to wear the cloak of hypocrisy in nice drapery, worrying and fretting over women of Western birth whose material fortunes are far greater and superior to those of her kith and kin she left behind.

Chimamanda wasn't a priest rejected by her own folks, she's just a preacher who never preached to her suffering people but pretend to be a crusader, taking the gospel to those who have the mastery of it, hence not needing it.

Source: www.lodega.com
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by ObinnaT: 11:32am On Sep 02, 2018
Fearlez:

Same trivial plonker who returned to Nairaland because of his addiction to Big Brother Africa.

You think I was referring to you? Are you francistony the human garbage who was looking for his biological father in Nairaland comment-feed?

And why are you so mono-fixated about who won an argument? This was how I exposed your intellectual deficiency and you were prating foolishly about winning the argument until TV01 disgraced you further by exposing your factless rants and unverifiable claims.

And...oh, that age is as erroneous as your father's claim on your mother's fidelity! grin

grin grin
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by 9jatriot(m): 12:20am On Apr 08, 2023
It has tay this woman
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2023
Chimamanda Adichie is a very good writer.

I really enjoyed reading Purple Hibiscus.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by Kobojunkie: 8:43pm On Apr 09, 2023
postmann:
It is disheartening that Chimamanda will worry about how Hilary Clinton placed her marital status on her Twitter bio; that she will spare a thought about Western men opening doors for women
■ when millions of women in Eastern Nigeria like her cannot inherit their father's homes in death even if they as females were the only child.
■ none of Adichie's works have ever highlighted the plight of women in Eastern Nigeria where tradition forbids them from being rulers or breaking kola nut or attending "Umunna" meetings except when summoned for questioning or as witness.
■ some communities traditionally forbids women from eating gizzard. In Eastern Nigeria, a woman is forbidden to interfere in the negotiations of her marriage between her family and that of her prospective husband's family, making her a bystander or spectator in the negotiations of her own marriage.
These are serious and more pressing issues indeed. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by Kobojunkie: 8:17pm On Apr 30, 2023
Fearlez:
■ Uju, you're an Igbo girl and I know you can't inherit your father's land except if he is so gracious to will it to you. Even at that, if it's an inherited land, you will still be forbidden from taking possession of it. There's no Igbo female monarch and you women are still forbidden in taking part in family (umunna) meetings. So why is your saviour abandoning your perpetual slavery and prating about men holding doors for women in onyibo country? Don't you think your condition is worse off and requires UN intervention?
1. Maybe not UN intervention but intervention nonetheless. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by aljharem(m): 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2023
Nice one. It is worse now that she is even a tribalist!!!
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2023
aljharem:
Nice one. It is worse now that she is even a tribalist!!!
How so? undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by AHCB: 12:15am On Jul 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How so? undecided
Ill say her antecedents during the 2023 elections give credence to the post you quoted.
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by Kobojunkie: 12:19am On Jul 04, 2023
AHCB:
Ill say her antecedents during the 2023 elections give credence to the post you quoted.
I paid little to no attention to the noise that was Nigeria during election season. Been doing that for some time now and I find I rarely miss anything by it. undecided
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by AHCB: 6:54am On Jul 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I paid little to no attention to the noise that was Nigeria during election season. Been doing that for some time now and I find I rarely miss anything by it. undecided
the very reason why the post you quoted flew over your little head. 😁
Re: Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2023
AHCB:
the very reason why the post you quoted flew over your little head. 😁
But did she suddenly become a tribalism during the election or something that it should now matter? I happen to have seen her speaking in one of the halls at UIC here back in 2011/2012 and I knew then that she was just another Nigerian racist but you lot celebrated her as she was back then. So why make a big deal out of something you all conveniently ignored from the beginning simply because of the elections? undecided

What changed? Is she any worse than the other racists you all voted and praise to this day? I don't think so. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife With My Landlord In Bed!! Pictures / What Age Is The Right Age To Have A Child? / Why I Killed My Wife: The Sad Story Behind The Hassan Adeyemo’s Florida Tragedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.