Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? (5804 Views)

How To Buy A Domain Name That Is Taken (9 Pro Tips) / How Do I Go With Blogging Using Mobile Phone? / Which Of This Hosting Plans Should I Go For For My New Blog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by Afrocentric: 7:58am On Jun 22, 2018
mcqwerty:
Find something unique that you can use with a dot com.

You may not be able to afford dot ng because it's a bit on the high side.

You could go for hiphopblog.com if you have a global audience in mind.

Cheers.
if you said. Ng is expensive what will you say about. Org
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:04am On Jun 22, 2018
.com is the surest. Never you use a domain that point to a certain place only.

Checkout my website www.brainnewsradio.com which from a glance you can never know its origin..

I will advice you to go for .com

But, can i know what niche you are going for?

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by mynaijadj(m): 8:15am On Jun 22, 2018
.com is your best bet
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by DIYhackers: 8:22am On Jun 22, 2018
Bonsujk:

Baba this is a wrong choice. It's either you go for cctld or .com
Hiphop.ng or hiphopnigeria.com
You're right, I didn't observe there was nigeria after hiphop, so there is no need to have 2 representation of nigeria.

Hiphop.ng would be best (I hope his major audience are Nigerians)

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by skydancer: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2018
Check https://www.leandomainsearch.com/search?q=hiphop

Or just use nigeriahh.com or hhnaija.com

thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by vision202020: 8:39am On Jun 22, 2018
vision202020:
Hello webmasters!
I wanted to register a domain name for my blog but it has been taken already. I contacted the owner because the site is listed for sale and he told me to bring $1500 which I can't afford.
Now am considering registering other close alternatives that are available and would like you to choose in terms of which will be more easy to remember by my readers, easy to pronounce, etc.

Wanted to register hiphopnigeria.com b4 (not the real name).
Now I am left with
A. hiphopnigeriang.com
B. hiphopnigeria.com.ng
C. hiphop.ng
D. hiphopnigeria.ng
E. hiphopng.com
F. recommend any other domain name
Please. Kindly help me choose from A-E if you were in my shoes and why you would go for your choice.
Note: hiphopnigeria is not the name of the blog. I just used it as an example. But it's very similar in name, structure and industry to my proposed blog.
Thanks.
Just thinking of hiphopng.com

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by franzis(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2018
Watch how the domain names are going to become unavailable ....
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by omoadeleye(m): 8:39am On Jun 22, 2018
vision202020:
Hello webmasters!
I wanted to register a domain name for my blog but it has been taken already. I contacted the owner because the site is listed for sale and he told me to bring $1500 which I can't afford.
Now am considering registering other close alternatives that are available and would like you to choose in terms of which will be more easy to remember by my readers, easy to pronounce, etc.

Now I am left with
A. hiphopnigeriang.com
B. hiphopnigeria.com.ng
C. hiphop.ng
D. hiphopnigeria.ng
E. recommend any other domain name
Please. Kindly help me choose from A-E if you were in my shoes and why you would go for your choice.
Note: hiphopnigeria is not the name of the blog. I just used it as an example. But it's very similar in name, structure and industry to my proposed blog.
Thanks.

Naijahiphop.com
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by Bonsujk: 8:50am On Jun 22, 2018
vision202020:

Now I am left with
A. hiphopnigeriang.com
B. hiphopnigeria.com.ng
C. hiphop.ng
D. hiphopnigeria.ng
Note: hiphopnigeria is not the name of the blog.
Thanks.

Guys it's best you read the thread before commenting on it. OP just used hip hop as an example doesn't necessarily mean that's the real name.

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by Yoshy: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2018
vision202020:
Hello webmasters!

Now I am left with
A. hiphopnigeriang.com
B. hiphopnigeria.com.ng
C. hiphop.ng
D. hiphopnigeria.ng
Thanks.

Someone can register all Now and make you pay extra to get any of them grin
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by Akinboyepelz: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2018
Go for hiphop.ng but be quick so you do not lose it.
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by opalu: 9:32am On Jun 22, 2018
Wait a minute, does .COM not originate from USA? And does .CO.UK companies not rendering services to all the whole world? Why is it that Nigerians feel that if your company is to service a global audience you can't use .NG?
My second question is that who the heck made .NG to be most expensive? I need a name and number of that guy. I need to have some word with him or her.
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by goat22: 9:41am On Jun 22, 2018
BabaOtuokeDrukenMasterGardenegg.PHP.Com
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by Premiumwriter: 9:48am On Jun 22, 2018
DIYhackers:
As an expert in this field, I will advice you go for hiphopnigeria.ng
expert Kor, export ni
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by torma: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2018
C
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by torma: 9:55am On Jun 22, 2018
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by Mobsync(m): 11:04am On Jun 22, 2018
vision202020:
Hello webmasters!

Now I am left with
A. hiphopnigeriang.com
B. hiphopnigeria.com.ng
C. hiphop.ng
D. hiphopnigeria.ng
Thanks.

Go for hiphop.ng if you're strictly targeting Nigerians, else go for hiphopng.com.

Alternatively, you can register the two.
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by ghettochild4u(m): 11:22am On Jun 22, 2018
use this HipHopNaija.com
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by airsaylongcon: 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
madeofhuman:
Reading the title I thought "I hope they didn't foolishly post the domain names here for people to buy and sell back to them at a higher price." Then I opened the thread and went "bitch actually did."

Did you see where poster said hiphopnigeria.com wasn't the real name?
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by Codes151(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
we should leave the present situations in Nigeria.., this o-o dem play half time.. come tell u domain to use for what ever u want to.... smh..
Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by vision202020: 8:21am On Jun 24, 2018
Thanks to everybody who contributed. I have made up my mind and will go for hiphopng.com.
Note. Just used the domain names listed as examples

1 Like

Re: My Proposed Domain Name Is Taken: Which One Should I Go For? by wethebest(m): 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
why u dey cast ur domain suggestions na. person go register all in a minute nd u go pay to get any of dem. jst register a .com domain like hiphopng.com.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PM. WMZ. Payza. BITCOIN- Etc Available. DOMAINS + HOSTING with PerfectMoney! / Game Of Copying! All The Times Facebook Tried To Drown Snapchat / Opensource Social Networking Script(Facebook Clone) - Available on Github

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.