Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

"What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" (980 Views)

My Girlfriend Cheated Yet I Want To Continue With The Relationship / My Girlfriend Cheated And She Told Me, How Do I React? / My Girlfriend Cheated On Me What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by weyreypey: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Share your experiences...

It’s like finding out your whole life is a simulation. One big lie.

I met her in high school. It was the very last week of senior year and I finally got the balls to go and approach this beautiful girl. As cold as she was when I got her number that night, I decided to give her a call a week later when I had nothing better to do.

We stayed on the phone for hours talking about the most random of things. It was weird. I’ve never really had interesting conversations with girls because they were always directed by every high school boys personal agenda. And that intention was still there, but somehow my actions, the texts, the calls, the conversations threw us into a friendship.

An amazing friendship in the honeymoon phase of just graduating and feeling accomplished and free. We spent the whole summer, having picnics, going to pool parties, and meeting each others’ friends. Wouldn’t trade it for the world.

And as the summer closed I was so strongly convicted that this girl was the one for me.

But not nearly as convicted as how all my closest friends felt about our relationship.

I was the logical, ambitious, “I don’t need anyone’s help” type of guy. And she was this ego-less, caring, “I will always be here to support you” type of gal.

Then we had the most amazing, crazy, turbulent, and loving 3 year relationship.

Heartfelt moments where time literally stops, spontaneous trips to countries we’ve never visited before, and even sexual adventures few people ever experience in their lifetime.

It was great!

And then came November 2016. The worst month of my life. Her birthday month. And the end of the end.

She’d been acting strange that month, striking up conversations about open relationships, drinking, and drugs when she turned 21 on Nov. 15th. I entertained them, as I did all her crazy requests over the years. But I never thought too deep into it.

And why would I? We’ve always had a relationship grounded in trust and transparency. The two times I got dangerously close to cheating in our first year (my first year of college only seeing her weekends) I immediately confessed, without restraint.

But that week of her birthday is went it all flipped upside down.

I treated her to a peculiar birthday with a little bit of drinking thrown in for her satisfaction. (I’m not the drinking, drugs, party type. And neither was she?)

The day after, she dressed up nice, put on makeup (a rarity), and told me her best friend was coming to take her out drinking. That was at 5pm.

I waited all day and night for her. To which she finally came in at 2am. I asked her, intrigued, “Where did you guys go and what’d you do?”

She paused and said, “Please don’t get mad.”

Confused, and even more intrigued, I continued to listen. To which she says,

“I was hanging out with my ex-boyfriend but I promise we didn’t do anything”

After the rageful and turbulent argument that ensued. I got over it. I gave her the benefit of the doubt. And granted, it so happened to be her time of the month.

Not a day later, and I told my closest friend about her dishonesty and the entire situation. He was shocked. But rather than give her the benefit of the doubt, he scrutinized every little detail of her story.

Trust was not easy for him. He had been hurt before.

After finding many inconsistencies in her story, I needed to get more answers.

So I borrowed her phone, did a little snooping and found a snapchat message to her ex saying, “Kissing you felt so natural last night.”

My heart dropped.

I checked the date stamp: May 26, 2016.

It dropped again.

I read it all. Took pictures for evidence. And immediately confronted her.

She was in denial.

Even with the messages staring right at her she exclaimed, “We never kissed! We only hung out.”

I was enraged. Left to sleep over my friends. And that day felt like the longest day of my life. Every second felt like an hour. Every hour felt like a day.

Every time I envisioned the messages my heart dropped again.

As the week unfolded, more and more heartbreak followed. She did have sex with him. Multiple times. Over the entire summer. When I was in the hospital. When I was on business trips. That same night I went to stay with my friend.

It was horrible.

And as I would zone out and think everyday, it was terrifying to think of how long it went on. How many months it was that she’d say she was at work late, or going to her families house, and came in late at night. The moments we shared while she knew in her heart that she had broken our love. Our anniversary, my birthday, and more.

My mind was shattered. Reality isn’t real. Love can be an act. Remorse can be nonexistent. And life can be utterly disrupted.

My trust no longer lies with her. My mind rambles about all the other things that could of been lies.

And til this date, it hurts to know, she isn’t remorseful, but spiteful, to still hang out with him everyday in my face.

One big lie.

Straight up to my face.
Quora
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by weyreypey: 6:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
angry during nysc i had a spirikoko babe who used to preach to female pupils where we served. In my mind i tot i don see wife. I agreed no sex parols with her. My oda corpers were lashing students and babes from d nearby poly. But my babe dey block me from doing such runs. I just dey vex. My nysc redeployment floped so d money my mama paid was refunded to me 60k. Naso i go buy curve 4. My babe too said she must buy. I buy for am. As i dey configure d phone she entered a password. I use style cram am. She once said she uses same password for all her accounts. D nxt week my babe go for church program as her state na 30 mins from d state we dey serve. For night we go charge phone and laptop for one chief veranda. As i open facebook i see her email der as per last user. I just tried d password i be cram dat day and he open. My spirikoko babe dey sleep with 2 oil workers, one boutique owner and one fellow corper. D church prog she go for na hotel tins o with oil worker. Men i was weak. Over 7 years now and am loveless and can never trust woman chai

9 Likes

Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by weyreypey: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
yeyerolling:
angry during nysc i had a spirikoko babe who used to preach to female pupils where we served. In my mind i tot i don see wife. I agreed no sex parols with her. My oda corpers were lashing students and babes from d nearby poly. But my babe dey block me from doing such runs. I just dey vex. My nysc redeployment floped so d money my mama paid was refunded to me 60k. Naso i go buy curve 4. My babe too said she must buy. I buy for am. As i dey configure d phone she entered a password. I use style cram am. She once said she uses same password for all her accounts. D nxt week my babe go for church program as her state na 30 mins from d state we dey serve. For night we go charge phone and laptop for one chief veranda. As i open facebook i see her email der as per last user. I just tried d password i be cram dat day and he open. My spirikoko babe dey sleep with 2 oil workers, one boutique owner and one fellow corper. D church prog she go for na hotel tins o with oil worker. Men i was weak. Over 7 years now and am loveless and can never trust woman chai
Ol'boy see terrible format... Dulling toh bad. Sorry but you need to open up for love again....
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
yeyerolling:

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Na you go dey gork yourself. Spirikoko are the most dangerous. They're highly hypocritical. They're collecting it vigorously from somewhere. #Legbegbe gang.

I hope say you go find love one day... cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Na you go dey gork yourself. Spirikoko are the most dangerous. They're highly hypocritical. They're collecting it vigorously from somewhere. #Legbegbe gang.

I hope say you go find love one day... cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

where i wan see am Gals of today no get joy dem no really love u. Na ring and comfort dem dey find. D sector i dey work mass sack dey happen wella. If i go marry one of these babes and i get sacked dem go show me pepper. Me don dey process canada visa. When i reach der i go marry black person der, dey send my money home to acquire tins , so if she divorce me i gat nothing to share cheesy . 9ja gals are not worth it atall

5 Likes

Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
yeyerolling:
where i wan see am Gals of today no get joy dem no really love u. Na ring and comfort dem dey find. D sector i dey work mass sack dey happen wella. If i go marry one of these babes and i get sacked dem go show me pepper. Me don dey process canada visa. When i reach der i go marry black person der, dey send my money home to acquire tins , so if she divorce me i gat nothing to share cheesy . 9ja gals are not worth it atall

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Na wa oooo... See as dem bitter your mind.
But make we talk true ooo... let's forget this nairalandish trolling. Shebi you know some of we guys wey dey shout for nairaland say ladies na this ladies na that, get sisters, female cousins. And we hope say dem go marry one day.. because dem no be homo. How e go con be if everyone dey back out like this...?? cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by LeoThaGreat(m): 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
weyreypey:
Share your experiences...
The experience you shared is similar to what I saw in my last relationship.
It was my first & only relationship in fact.
I kept wondering why I agreed to the relationship. Why didn't I decline like every other one I had.
I guess it's good for me, for experience sake. Though sometimes I still fantasise about a future with her, but your story switched off the mumu button I was toying with.
A broken relationship is always better than a broken marriage

Thanks for this post!

1 Like

Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by swiz123(m): 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
I let it slide.

I had cheated on her numerous times but she never caught me. When I found out she was fvcking Someone else, I told her plainly that we can't be like we used to be - we became fvck mates.

Hypocrisy isn't one of my strongest vices.

3 Likes

Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Headlesschicken(m): 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
undecided Once caught her cheating buh who cares i cheat too... Can't go and kill myself over love..... Sh!t happens...
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
It hurts and it's painful but the only logical thing to do, is to move on with your life. Everyone deserves someone who values them.
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by SeishinSenshi: 8:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
Never really had such an experience. Immediately I sense something's off I just change my attitude and approach towards the relationship. Saves me a lot of headache and stress.
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2018
That emotional love i got for her will fade away.It will be irritating me if she want to make love to me again.
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by Rosay15(f): 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
My experience it somehow funny and at d same time painful bt I thank God all end in joy for me.
I happened to be in love wit dis guy I thought am gonna settle down with little did I knw am being childish and am deceiving myself for falling in love. Dis guy impregnated a lady and I knw dis lady bt whenever I asked my guy abt her he replied we are just friend bt when d deed has already being done, dis guy told me and It as if d world has nothing to offer me again and he plead den I forgive him and let it be bygone bt unfortunately d lady in question aborted d baby.
After all d secenero dis guy still went ahead to impregnate another lady and dis guy kept it from me until d lady was due for delivery and he told me as usual den I was so down cus I always see myself as if I can nt do without him, he gave me so many reason for his action bt to me it did nt justify him. I broke up and he started begging sending many people to me, telling me am his life dat him and d lady had an agreement dat she is just a baby mama bt I can't accept him again cus I never ve it in mind dat am gonna settle down with a man with baby mama. Dat's how I locked up for years cus it was heartbroken bt I later fall in love and I thank God I met d right person for me. Bt dose years was hot for me cus it just happened lyk film bt tnk jah for life.
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by GOFRONT(m): 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Bae told me she was travelling to Gwagwalada meanwhile she was on her way to Poracourt to meet her toaster, spent 3 nights over there....

Matter weak me, I couldnt sleep well at night, couldnt act smart at work......But now my heart don Solid....
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by pedrilo: 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
OrestesDante:

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Na wa oooo... See as dem bitter your mind.
But make we talk true ooo... let's forget this nairalandish trolling. Shebi you know some of we guys wey dey shout for nairaland say ladies na this ladies na that, get sisters, female cousins. And we hope say dem go marry one day.. because dem no be homo. How e go con be if everyone dey back out like this...?? cheesy

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

all mallam with him kettle bros
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by weyreypey: 10:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
Rosay15:
My experience it somehow funny and at d same time painful bt I thank God all end in joy for me.
I happened to be in love wit dis guy I thought am gonna settle down with little did I knw am being childish and am deceiving myself for falling in love. Dis guy impregnated a lady and I knw dis lady bt whenever I asked my guy abt her he replied we are just friend bt when d deed has already being done, dis guy told me and It as if d world has nothing to offer me again and he plead den I forgive him and let it be bygone bt unfortunately d lady in question aborted d baby.
After all d secenero dis guy still went ahead to impregnate another lady and dis guy kept it from me until d lady was due for delivery and he told me as usual den I was so down cus I always see myself as if I can nt do without him, he gave me so many reason for his action bt to me it did nt justify him. I broke up and he started begging sending many people to me, telling me am his life dat him and d lady had an agreement dat she is just a baby mama bt I can't accept him again cus I never ve it in mind dat am gonna settle down with a man with baby mama. Dat's how I locked up for years cus it was heartbroken bt I later fall in love and I thank God I met d right person for me. Bt dose years was hot for me cus it just happened lyk film bt tnk jah for life.
Congratulations. You survived the cheater...he would have been the death of you.

1 Like

Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by weyreypey: 7:49am On Jun 20, 2018
pedrilo:
all mallam with him kettle bros
Your kettle?
Re: "What was It Like when You found Out Your Boy Or Girlfriend Cheated On You?" by dizon: 8:13am On Jun 20, 2018
Let me sum it up like this, I can never trust any woman again in this life. We marry, it's for mutual benefits, nothing like I belong to you only. Girls, I belong to nobody and I belong to everybody

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Dances And Romances A Lady With Big Breasts In America / Who Else Experiences This?? / Strip Clubs In Gwagwalada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.