Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,611 members, 7,843,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Is Feminism Really About Hatred Of The Male Gender? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Feminism Really About Hatred Of The Male Gender? (318 Views)

Update: How Can I Reduce The Hatred I Have For My Cousin Brother? / Is The Male Child More Important Than The Female Child In This Modern Age / Is Feminism Relevant In Nigeria Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Feminism Really About Hatred Of The Male Gender? by lingoafrica: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
It is quite common these days to see a man loosely refer to a woman who has identified herself, through words or action, as a hater of the male folk, as a feminist. I am writing about this from experience.

On a good day, when men and women dare to have discussions centred on the African culture; where females are supposed to perform most of the house chores or prep themselves for marriage, and a woman holds an opposing view about what the African society expects of women, she is called a feminist.

There are so many people out there who are quick to call women who hold certain strong views as feminists, however, does this mean that the word is dirty and implies only that men are inferior to women?

http://lingoafrica.com/is-feminism-really-about-hatred-of-the-male-gender/
Re: Is Feminism Really About Hatred Of The Male Gender? by elektra(f): 8:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
Another thread about feminism, una no dey tire?

(1) (Reply)

Get A Good Website From Us / Busy Mum Hacks For Fast Healthy Children’s Meals / Keep Your Kids Safe This Ember Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.