Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. (17457 Views)

FG Outlines Firms For Sale, Concession / Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act / Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Kingspin(m): 11:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hhahahaha 2019 flying colour, the devil is a bigger liar.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by yungkesh(m): 11:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
F**king empty promises
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Masterppower: 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2018
The plan is still islamization.... I didn't hear where the interest of the host community was put into consideration...

Give the Islamic terrorists land, protect them with army and police, build mosque everywhere, force them on all the communities etc....

That's just the summary of that Bullshit......

Buhari should give them sambisa forest....ndiara....onye-ara...

God will punish any southerner or Christians that vote Buhari come 2019.....

3 Likes

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Masterppower: 11:53pm On Jun 19, 2018
linearity:

One mistake you are making, and that most people make is the assumption that the cattle’s belong to the herdsmen.

These cattles belong to dip pocket politicians and businessmen, who makes polices for Nigeria. The herdsmen are just low level workers or main guards.

If you look very well, every business the dip pocket politicians do are subsidized by government from oil to forex and now to cattle rearing.
Stop my friend!!!

You can give them your ancestoral land......

2 Likes

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by ogtavia(m): 12:11am On Jun 20, 2018
faithfull18:
Good. Just read through the text. I don't understand why the government has made some people's personal business, the government's business. Do herdsman pay taxes?? Even if they do, it's still not a good enough reason for government to be looking for all possible means to establish unwanted ranches.

Honestly, this is my exact sentiments. Its good for government to make policies and laws regulating livestock and cattle rearing in the country. Its also good to compensate people who have lost loved ones and properties. But why establish ranches on their behalf? 179 Billion is a lot of money. What ever happened to building roads, establishing and upgrading schools and hospitals, re-activating moribund industries and empowering local business. This government will never cease to amaze me walahi.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Ken4Christ: 12:19am On Jun 20, 2018
This government just has one team year in office. Get your voters card and do the needful.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by DeOTR: 12:21am On Jun 20, 2018
All I see is cattle colony in disguise.
Whatever happens to having grazing reserves in states indigenous to the Fulani. They can transport their merchandise to the south for sale from there. It's that simple.
The FG is planning to have a Fulani reserve in Oyo state while Alafin is still on the throne right? No problem. Keep dreaming.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Jostapo(m): 12:28am On Jun 20, 2018
Buhari is a failure and he will always be with his Islamizing agenda. every states in Nigeria must put a concrete heads together to resist this "NATIONAL GRAZING BILL" They would come out with different names in order to confused the public, and hide their true aims.
Fulanis are not Nigerians, how on earth would they fight us and take our beloved land from us? funny enough, the governments are in support of this devilish acts.

buhari silenced Niger militants and ipob, while his Fulani herdsmen are terrorizing and killing Nigerians. yet, he foolishly endorsed them.
buhari is a terrorist, say no to cattle grazing reservation or whatever they call it, this is the plan to islamized Nigeria.
if you think this is a joke, TURKEY is a living testimony.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by hunter21(m): 12:32am On Jun 20, 2018
faithfull18:
Good. Just read through the text. I don't understand why the government has made some people's personal business, the government's business. Do herdsman pay taxes?? Even if they do, it's still not a good enough reason for government to be looking for all possible means to establish unwanted ranches.
cattle rearing contributes a lot to the Nigerian economy, even if they don't pay tax most economic activities in Nigeria are tax free and yes government has to intervene because Nigeria has a mixed economic system.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by hunter21(m): 12:42am On Jun 20, 2018
DeOTR:
All I see is cattle colony in disguise.
Whatever happens to having grazing reserves in states indigenous to the Fulani. They can transport their merchandise to the south for sale from there. It's that simple.
The FG is planning to have a Fulani reserve in Oyo state while Alafin is still on the throne right? No problem. Keep dreaming.
My people perish because of ignorance
how economically viable is it to kill a cow in sokoto state and start bringing the meat down to Oyo state or don't they eat cow meat in Oyo state?

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by dinggle: 12:46am On Jun 20, 2018
If Buhari is serious, there is a solution for accepting ranches or colonies in the mentioned states.... they will be indigenously owned and managed or doesn't Buhari want lazy youths in those states to work? which means the ranch is Oyo will be owned and managed by Oyo people, the ranch in Edo will be owned and managed by Edo people, the ranch in Benue will be owned and managed by Benue people the fulanis should go and own the ranches in Sokoto, Kano, Kastina, Zamfara, Maiduguri and other Sharia states. Investing to create job for only Buhari's tribe is evil, wicked and racist. Job creation through ranching should be shared to all Nigerians and not one evil tribe with sinister motive. Nigerians are not buying this stupid sell from Abuja.

And to know that the Afonja vice president could not tender this easy idea I offered for free shows you the man is a coward! Osinbanjo by his actions and inaction is playing the role Akintola played in the 60s.....review history.

2 Likes

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Ojiofor: 12:55am On Jun 20, 2018
So Buhari has no plan to bring Fulani herdsmen to justice rather he is bent on dashing them land accross Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by knowledgeable: 1:04am On Jun 20, 2018
BeeBeeOoh:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/272948-nigerian-govt-outlines-plan-to-permanently-solve-farmers-herders-crisis.html

The key take away here is that the pillars of these policies are focussed soley around herdsmen economic welbeing. In a normal society, protection of life and property and capital punishment on terroristic acts & tendencies should have being the norm before a comprehensive approach to the issues. Not dealing with it from this angle, embolden the herdsmen under this government protection to now accelerate the agenda of the jihadists & islamization toward the southern Nigeria, hence these new policies are crafted to achieve.....key word: "policies of acceleration of the Islamic agenda" because they have limited opportunistic time like now.

2 Likes

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by donqx: 1:46am On Jun 20, 2018
ohh
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by bejeria101(m): 2:49am On Jun 20, 2018
This relic with no sense is who zombies are celebrating as mr intergrity n honesty! May God help us.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by garrimallam: 3:20am On Jun 20, 2018
The FG should get sense for once, if #179billion is put in speed rail system to link major commercial hobs of the d country's regions with d FCT, Abuja will be decongested by allowing people to work from their states and create meaningful economic development for states and rural returns.
Livestock business should be a personal business and should be allowed thus by the confused economic planners, unless there are looking for a pipeline to syphon the acclaimed recovered looths.

uote author=faithfull18 post=68632541]Good. Just read through the text. I don't understand why the government has made some people's personal business, the government's business. Do herdsmen pay taxes?? Even if they do, it's still not a good enough reason for government to be looking for all possible means to establish unwanted ranches.[/quote]
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by mfm04622: 4:46am On Jun 20, 2018
faithfull18:
Good. Just read through the text. I don't understand why the government has made some people's personal business, the government's business. Do herdsmen pay taxes?? Even if they do, it's still not a good enough reason for government to be looking for all possible means to establish unwanted ranches.

The herdmen/farmer crisis is beyond just "business". It involves security of lives and properties now. Reason government is involved. This is ultimately a conflict over resources (land)). Tosolve the problems, it is not just about arresting and prosecuting criminals, you must resolve the reason for the conflict. I support government in this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by mfm04622: 4:48am On Jun 20, 2018
garrimallam:
The FG should get sense for once, if #179billion is put in speed rail system to link major commercial hobs of the d country's regions with d FCT, Abuja will be decongested by allowing people to work from their states and create meaningful economic development for states and rural returns.
Livestock business should be a personal business and should be allowed thus by the confused economic planners, unless there are looking for a pipeline to syphon the acclaimed recovered looths.

uote author=faithfull18 post=68632541]Good. Just read through the text. I don't understand why the government has made some people's personal business, the government's business. Do herdsmen pay taxes?? Even if they do, it's still not a good enough reason for government to be looking for all possible means to establish unwanted ranches.

How much is the lives of Nigerians lost on both sides worth? 179 billions is too much to protect us? What is the infrastructure worth to the dead?

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by mfm04622: 4:51am On Jun 20, 2018
knowledgeable:

The key take away here is that the pillars of these policies are focussed soley around herdsmen economic welbeing. In a normal society, protection of life and property and capital punishment on terroristic acts & tendencies should have being the norm before a comprehensive approach to the issues. Not dealing with it from this angle, embolden the herdsmen under this government protection to now accelerate the agenda of the jihadists & islamization toward the southern Nigeria, hence these new policies are crafted to achieve.....key word: "policies of acceleration of the Islamic agenda" because they have limited opportunistic time like now.

What Islamic agenda? It may surprise you to know most Fulani herders are animists and not Muslims. When 2 groups fight, the solution is beyond just enforcing the laws, it must involve resolving reason why they fight in the first place. I see this policy as a means of stopping movement of livestock which we will all benefit from.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by mfm04622: 4:56am On Jun 20, 2018
Ojiofor:
So Buhari has no plan to bring Fulani herdsmen to justice rather he is bent on dashing them land accross Nigeria.

They are being brought to justice. Not in the numbers we want, but the security agencies are trying their best with what they have. This cause if this issue is economic (access to land) and you won't stop the crisis without solving that aspect. Yes, I support the fact that all who engages in criminal acts be prosecuted and justice meted out to them, while we do that, let's look at the real cause of the issue

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by mfm04622: 4:58am On Jun 20, 2018
dinggle:
If Buhari is serious, there is a solution for accepting ranches or colonies in the mentioned states.... they will be indigenously owned and managed or doesn't Buhari want lazy youths in those states to work? which means the ranch is Oyo will be owned and managed by Oyo people, the ranch in Edo will be owned and managed by Edo people, the ranch in Benue will be owned and managed by Benue people the fulanis should go and own the ranches in Sokoto, Kano, Kastina, Zamfara, Maiduguri and other Sharia states. Investing to create job for only Buhari's tribe is evil, wicked and racist. Job creation through ranching should be shared to all Nigerians and not one evil tribe with sinister motive. Nigerians are not buying this stupid sell from Abuja.

And to know that the Afonja vice president could not tender this easy idea I offered for free shows you the man is a coward! Osinbanjo by his actions and inaction is playing the role Akintola played in the 60s.....review history.

Those ranches will be owned primarily by the governments of those states with FG helping with funds. That is the way I see it working. No land will be given to any Fulani
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by phreakabit(m): 6:10am On Jun 20, 2018
mfm04622:

Those ranches will be owned primarily by the governments of those states with FG helping with funds. That is the way I see it working. No land will be given to any Fulani

Simple logic!
Why is it so difficult for them to think of it this way?
I tell you there is a hidden agenda behind this thing.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Buharimustgo: 6:40am On Jun 20, 2018
UncleJudax:
That Ebonyi governor sha. That guy is stuck in Buhari's arse.

Its because he is too corrupt
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Oblang(m): 7:00am On Jun 20, 2018
Josh44s:

If you think Nigerians south live on Fulani cows think again. After all red meat causes prostrate cancer and a typical southern doesn't eat red meat. Cows, not just cows, healthy ones can be imported from Argentina. Buhari is a jihadist. This is the better truth. If he thinks he can forceful take lands from any state and give to his people to infect and spread across Nigeria he is dreaming.

So u want us to be importing cows again..why not import sense for urself.. Smh

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Oblang(m): 7:05am On Jun 20, 2018
phreakabit:

Do the ranchers have to be Fulani?
Does the govt have to provide land (colonies) for these Fulani herders?
Does the govt currently provide land for other PRIVATELY owned businesses?
Save me you lop-sided arguments, a more credible solution would be empowering indigenous ranchers/ranch owners.Not this systemic land grabbing attempt.

Did anyone stop u from rearing cows if u want to?

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Oblang(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2018
ogtavia:

Honestly, this is my exact sentiments. Its good for government to make policies and laws regulating livestock and cattle rearing in the country. Its also good to compensate people who have lost loved ones and properties. But why establish ranches on their behalf? 179 Billion is a lot of money. What ever happened to building roads, establishing and upgrading schools and hospitals, re-activating moribund industries and empowering local business. This government will never cease to amaze me walahi.

This is an issue that have caused loss of lives and properties so the govt doesn't have a choice than to intervene. Unless u want the conflicts to continue. Those herders will surely be paying taxes to the govt..
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:25am On Jun 20, 2018
georgeceekay:
Nobody says ranching is not good. All we say is they should go to their own region and ranch.

After all there is more than enough lands in the north to take care of that. They can't force it down other regions' throat if not for an ulterior motive.
Bros, nobody is forcing it down ur throat. The lands are to be acquired via normal procedures. You can choose not to sell.

I'm from the south, but based in lag and I intend to take advantage of this opportunity too.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by phreakabit(m): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2018
Oblang:

Did anyone stop u from rearing cows if u want to?

Maybe you just can't comprehend what you read.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Oblang(m): 7:36am On Jun 20, 2018
phreakabit:

Did anyone stop you from developing your brain.
Or did you bodily your mental capacity?
Maybe you just can't comprehend what you read.

Anybody can go into cattle rearing business. The fact that it is bin dominated by Fulani does not mean any other person cannot do it. U can continue insulting urself..
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by phreakabit(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2018
Oblang:

Anybody can go into cattle rearing business. The fact that it is bin dominated by Fulani does not mean any other person cannot do it. U can continue insulting urself..

Obviously it is dominated by the Fulanis.
The point here is you answered your own question.
The federal Govt. should NEVER be involved in individuals privately owned businesses.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by diadem10: 8:02am On Jun 20, 2018
Only if the ranches are managed by the indigenous people in the state, not any stupid fulani. Except this, this bubu clown is just speaking to the air.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by diadem10: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Bros, nobody is forcing it down ur throat. The lands are to be acquired via normal procedures. You can choose not to sell.

I'm from the south, but based in lag and I intend to take advantage of this opportunity too.
This known aboki dey claim south too? Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IMF Excludes Nigeria From Debt Relief / I’ve Been Shut Out Of APC, But Won’t Leave — Senator Magnus Abe / PDP Set To Sack Staff, Notifies Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.