Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. (17440 Views)

FG Outlines Firms For Sale, Concession / Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act / Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by ehinmowo: 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
Govt does nt have business building pple's personal biz. D best thing is to gv dem incentives to build ranches.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Just2endowed2(m): 9:38pm On Jun 19, 2018
For the fulani that had kill so many innocent farmer what happen to them? You can see that the buhari government is not ready to persecute his people from Nigeria and outside Nigeria that are killing farmers and innocent civilians.

Buhari will not and will never arrest his '' people''.

All buhari expression had been expressed through his defense minister that all antigrazing law should be thrown out.

Buhari if u are deceiving all zombies and other nl, definitely not me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by flakkybaby: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2018
agriculture is the best call for "super grow" it makes your crops grow natural bigger and firm. 07036890010

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by lastmessenger: 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2018
Dead on arrival. We won't accept any Fulani ranch in Igbo land. Is not going to happen. Stupid jihadist. Let them do their ranch in kano kastina sokoto and the rest of them. What is wrong with this fu..king federal government. Clueless folks.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by linearity: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
faithfull18:
Good. Just read through the text. I don't understand why the government has made some people's personal business, the government's business. Do herdsman pay taxes?? Even if they do, it's still not a good enough reason for government to be looking for all possible means to establish unwanted ranches.

One mistake you are making, and that most people make is the assumption that the cattle’s belong to the herdsmen.

These cattles belong to dip pocket politicians and businessmen, who makes polices for Nigeria. The herdsmen are just low level workers or main guards.

If you look very well, every business the dip pocket politicians do are subsidized by government from oil to forex and now to cattle rearing.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Heffe: 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2018
All i kept seein is grazing reserves!! Why cnt they adopt ranching? Y must it always b grazing reserve? I'm starting to believe all killings ard directed at a particle ppl
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by megareal: 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2018
I'm just tired of all these gimmicks to force the Fulanis on every state in Nigeria. As far as I'm concerned, Buhari has no good intention towards the rest of Nigeria. But the zombies will never see that.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Preyetonye(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2018
Why is Edo state there, pls no ranch in Edo state
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by phreakabit(m): 9:56pm On Jun 19, 2018
linearity:

One mistake you are making, and that most people make is the assumption that the cattle’s belong to the herdsmen.

These cattles belong to dip pocket politicians and businessmen, who makes polices for Nigeria. The herdsmen are just low level workers or main guards.

If you look very well, every business the dip pocket politicians do are subsidized by government from oil to forex and now to cattle rearing.

Doesn't matter who the cattle belongs to. NO GOVT OWNED RANCH IN IGBOLAND!
If there's no ulterior motive, then explain their obsession with this cattle ranch thing?

2 Likes

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Pataricatering(f): 9:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
faithfull18:
Good. Just read through the text. I don't understand why the government has made some people's personal business, the government's business. Do herdsman pay taxes?? Even if they do, it's still not a good enough reason for government to be looking for all possible means to establish unwanted ranches.
herdsmen are killing is wahala - finding solution is still wahala ! I’m sure if they banish them and 1 kilo of meat becomes 5000 naira - people like you will still complain !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Pataricatering(f): 10:01pm On Jun 19, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Buhari is still bent on delivering middle beltvlands to to Fulani Herdmens ...can you all notice how Kano state that has already invited the the herdsmen to bring their cattle to Falgore forest reserve was left out of this devilish cattle ranch thing ...Ladies and gentlemen all the govt has done is to change the name from colony to ranch in other to decieve gullible people .... I advise all the mentioned states to reject this diabolical plot to hand over their in the form of gazzeted grazing areas to Fulanis ...
but you didn’t mention kaduna and zamfara! Always looking for faults, never solutions !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Josh44s(m): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
Pataricatering:
herdsmen are killing is wahala - finding solution is still wahala ! I’m sure if they banish them and 1 kilo of meat becomes 5000 naira - people like you will still complain !

If you think Nigerians south live on Fulani cows think again. After all red meat causes prostrate cancer and a typical southern doesn't eat red meat. Cows, not just cows, healthy ones can be imported from Argentina. Buhari is a jihadist. This is the better truth. If he thinks he can forceful take lands from any state and give to his people to infect and spread across Nigeria he is dreaming.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Pataricatering(f): 10:03pm On Jun 19, 2018
sheguy:
Edo, Oyo, Benue and Plateau should reject this project.

Buhari is a terrorist. Be warn
what exactly do you people want ? Definitely not a solution! Maybe we should all just become vegetarians and chase the Fulani herders out of the country !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by linearity: 10:04pm On Jun 19, 2018
phreakabit:

If there's no ulterior motive, then explain their obsession with this cattle ranch thing?

Dude, I don’t have any dog in this fight.

I believe the pilot states volunteered, so no state is been forced into this and the constitution suppprts each state’s right to their land free from federal government infringement.

The truth is, you can’t ban cattle rearing in Nigeria, so some type ranching, registration, licensing, control and supervision under the federal and/or State government have to be the more sensible solution.

Ranching is an idle solution, where they will lease the land from the federal government and cattle breeding will be zoned and restricted to those ranches and violators dearth with according to subsisting laws.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Pataricatering(f): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
phreakabit:

God ! It’s either you ranch cows or you free graze them which is what happens presently ! If you don’t free range them then you must ranch them ! How difficult is that ! Do you know how much meat will cost if we ban herding without looking for an alternative ? The same people screaming Fulani herdsmen - you still do not want ranches but you open your mouths and consume beef Sita and fried meat and jollof rice ! - the only other solution since you don’t want herding or ranching is to stop eating meat !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Ovamboland(m): 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2018
faithfull18:

Do you really want the clashes to stop or I you want to ride on farmers and herders blood into office?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by spinna: 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2018
Let the killers be brought out before talking this nonsense.In a same country govt would be totally bent on fishing out such murderers Pls Oyo,Edo etc beware.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by naijaking1: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
Until government declares that normadic herdsmen don't have equal rights and ownership of farms with farmers, all that's being said is simply noise!
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2018
Why pillars Is it a religion If you know, you know.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by RoaringLion11(f): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2018
It is a common thing not only in Nigeria to have communal clash like that of herdsmen,,,but one thing i want us to know is that government is for every citizen,,be you fulani,yoruba ,hausa or Igbo,,and the duty of the government is to protect the citizens ..so it will be difficult for the federal government to declare Fulanis as terrorist,,,rather ,they look for resolution among the concerned areas

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by cronsberg: 10:24pm On Jun 19, 2018
See perfect plan but people are still against it. What then do you want them to do with the over 20 million cows in nigeria? I have come to the realization that whatever the government does, nigerians will always be against it. First they said ranching wont work so allow the herdsmen to roam with their cows, nigerians complained. Now they said ranching is the best and they came up with a very workable ranching plan, nigerians are still complaining. So what should they do? The government in this case need to ignore anybody against its plan and go ahead to do whats best for the country. Nigerians are impossible to please i tell you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by rusher14: 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ovamboland:

Do you really want the clashes to stop or I you want to ride on farmers and herders blood into office?

I'm happy to see observant people.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by GoodMuyis(m): 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Any plan that does not immediately place an outright nationwide ban on open grazing still cannot work.

Nigerian herders must wholeheartedly embrace ranching. U re wrong anty for saying ranching is an unwanted biz. Ranching is the only solution.

You are also wrong about ur assertion that it's wrong for government to be involved because it's a personal biz. I can mention 1000 personal businesses in which government intervened.
In fact Nigeria government is not intervening enough in private biz as much as it should.

Don't mind their illiteracy, most of them knew Bill Gates but were unaware that Microsoft and other US companies have Govt backing both with finance and law

2 Likes

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by rusher14: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
lastmessenger:
Dead on arrival. We won't accept any Fulani ranch in Igbo land. Is not going to happen. Stupid jihadist. Let them do their ranch in kano kastina sokoto and the rest of them. What is wrong with this fu..king federal government. Clueless folks.

There are already cattle freely grazing in Abakaliki.

I won't even talk about some other parts of eastern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Quidquopro: 10:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
No to grazing reserves in any part of Yoruba land.
Dead on arrival!
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by phreakabit(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
Pataricatering:
God ! It’s either you ranch cows or you free graze them which is what happens presently ! If you don’t free range them then you must ranch them ! How difficult is that ! Do you know how much meat will cost if we ban herding without looking for an alternative ? The same people screaming Fulani herdsmen - you still do not want ranches but you open your mouths and consume beef Sita and fried meat and jollof rice ! - the only other solution since you don’t want herding or ranching is to stop eating meat !

Do the ranchers have to be Fulani?
Does the govt have to provide land (colonies) for these Fulani herders?
Does the govt currently provide land for other PRIVATELY owned businesses?
Save me you lop-sided arguments, a more credible solution would be empowering indigenous ranchers/ranch owners.Not this systemic land grabbing attempt.

3 Likes

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by islandmoon: 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2018
this is someone private business, FG should stop supporting northern muslim herdmen against southern christian farmers

by the way, we all know FG now means Buhari and his fulani kinsmen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by nothernstar: 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2018
All n wash wash story. The least has not been heard. Govt of deceit. We would have believed you if the govt has not been deceitful and plying lip service to the killings. The plan must hit the rock cos of its hidden agenda.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by SalamRushdie: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
Any plan that does not immediately place an outright nationwide ban on open grazing still cannot work.

Nigerian herders must wholeheartedly embrace ranching. U re wrong anty for saying ranching is an unwanted biz. Ranching is the only solution.

You are also wrong about ur assertion that it's wrong for government to be involved because it's a personal biz. I can mention 1000 personal businesses in which government intervened.
In fact Nigeria government is not intervening enough in private biz as much as it should.

They shoildbgoband ranch in Kano state...its not by force to ranch in in the middle belt
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by georgeceekay: 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
NOETHNICITY:

Nobody says ranching is not good. All we say is they should go to their own region and ranch.

After all there is more than enough lands in the north to take care of that. They can't force it down other regions' throat if not for an ulterior motive.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Kingspin(m): 11:27pm On Jun 19, 2018
Hhahahaha 2019 flying colors, the devil is a bigger liar.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by lastmessenger: 11:28pm On Jun 19, 2018
rusher14:

There are already cattle freely grazing in Abakaliki.

I won't even talk about some other parts of eastern Nigeria.
it does not matter if they are freely grazing in eastern Nigeria. What will not happen is that fg will take peoples land and call it a ranch. Does this people think that the rest of Nigerians are daft or what? There vast free lands in kano kastina and sokoto and now they want to come to south to give Fulani land for their cows. It won't happen. Anyway I trust my people to reject this move by the fg.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Rufai Sworn In The Second Time As Governor Of Kaduna + Full Speech / Governors Wike, Seyi Makinde, Ortom, Ishaku Are All Muslim-Haters - MURIC / Buni Wins Re-Election Bid In Yobe State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.