Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,751 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. (17438 Views)

FG Outlines Firms For Sale, Concession / Soyinka: Herders-farmers Crisis Could Lead To Civil War If We Don’t Act / Herdsmen/farmers Crisis: Report Indicts Ex-pdp Governors, Defectors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by diadem10: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2018
Oblang:

Did anyone stop u from rearing cows if u want to?
Bubu clown should also make avenue for pig ranches in the North. Yeye dey smell.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by DeOTR: 8:23am On Jun 20, 2018
hunter21:

My people perish because of ignorance
how economically viable is it to kill a cow in sokoto state and start bringing the meat down to Oyo state or don't they eat cow meat in Oyo state?
You are not in a position to tell me a thing about economics. I know better than you. Perhaps you don't know that most cows from the North we slaughter down South are being transported by road.
I'm familiar with the veterinary section at the Jebba tollgate then.
Northerners don't need to have a tomato or onion farm in Oyo. They do the farming up North and bring it to the market down South, and it has always been economically viable. We import livestocks, and it's economically viable. The Fulanis should deal with their private business.
I know many Yoruba people who have cattle and they ranch them without government intervention. I'm going into the business myself and if the government do this by force, we the indigenes will take all the available space in the ranches.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2018
diadem10:

This known aboki dey claim south too? Lol.
Ok, I gree. I be aboki. Are you OK now?
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2018
DeOTR:

You are not in a position to tell me a thing about economics. I know better than you. Perhaps you don't know that most cows from the North we slaughter down South are being transported by road.
I'm familiar with the veterinary section at the Jebba tollgate then.
Northerners don't need to have a tomato or onion farm in Oyo. They do the farming up North and bring it to the market down South, and it has always been economically viable. We import livestocks, and it's economically viable. The Fulanis should deal with their private business.
I know many Yoruba people who have cattle and they ranch them without government intervention. I'm going into the business myself and if the government do this by force, we the indigenes will take all the available space in the ranches.
I'm a southerner and I intend to establish my own ranching here in the south. Can you come stop me.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by jrusky(m): 8:35am On Jun 20, 2018
Ohh my good God I bless you. Didn't I said it that if apc win ekiti herdsmen will come The apc ass lickers kicked against me now some states are in phase 1 list of the plan while 12 others state's will be in phase 2 list. Pls tell fed govt to release the phase 2 list if they are honest? They are waiting for the outcome of ekiti election before releasing the 2nd list and ekiti is included pls I repeat quote me if ekiti will not be included after the governor election if apc win come back here and quote me.

Cattle Ranch and Cattle Colony are same only different English the end result is the herdsmen will settle in their ranches multiply and become entity and will ends up claiming the ranches as their settlement and what is next ............. Fulani kingdom spread across the nation, game over.

Una never see anything yet. The back of the camel has be broken already many states governors due to desperation for re-election had mortgage their state with fulani oligarchy. He who do not know will never know till he is consume.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Saintp(m): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2018
Pataricatering:
what exactly do you people want ? Definitely not a solution! Maybe we should all just become vegetarians and chase the Fulani herders out of the country !

What we want is simple. We don't care if there is open grazing, ranching or gazing reserves for the herdsmen. All we are saying is restrict them to the north east and north west only. Afterall, those two regions have over 60% of the entire Nigeria landmass. They can do whatever the like over there. If they like they can increase the prices of cow meat, no problem.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by DeOTR: 8:52am On Jun 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
I'm a southerner and I intend to establish my own ranching here in the south. Can you come stop me.
Do it...it's from your damn pocket man. Let every Fulani man who wishes to domicile their cattle in the south do the same individually. It's that simple.
I know scores of southerners that have cattle and all have ranches. If the Fulanis are too poor to do ranch without government acquiring land for them, it's better they go back home where their livestocks can roam the street freely.
I'm going into the business myself, and I'm not waiting for the government.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Saintp(m): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2018
Pataricatering:
God ! It’s either you ranch cows or you free graze them which is what happens presently ! If you don’t free range them then you must ranch them ! How difficult is that ! Do you know how much meat will cost if we ban herding without looking for an alternative ? The same people screaming Fulani herdsmen - you still do not want ranches but you open your mouths and consume beef Sita and fried meat and jollof rice ! - the only other solution since you don’t want herding or ranching is to stop eating meat !

Are you sure you are a woman? How dare you equate cost of meat to lives of human beings that have been lost over the years. Are we now going to die if we don't eat meat?
Since you love the herdsmen so much, I repeat, let their activities be restricted to their north west and north east region
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Saintp(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:

Nobody will stop you. At least we know you are genuine and will not go about grabbing lands and killing villagers. So let the Fulani's go back to their land and open graze or ranch their cows or individually buy or rent lands in the South for ranching. People are not asking for too much naa
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2018
DeOTR:

Do it...it's from your damn pocket man. Let every Fulani man who wishes to domicile their cattle in the south do the same individually. It's that simple.
I know scores of southerners that have cattle and all have ranches. If the Fulanis are too poor to do ranch without government acquiring land for them, it's better they go back home where their livestocks can roam the street freely.
I'm going into the business myself, and I'm not waiting for the government.
And what is wrong if I acquire a land with the help of government support? I think too much sentiments is affecting how we see this issue

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by CioAngels(f): 9:40am On Jun 20, 2018
Innocent people are being killed intentionally and the fulani leaders are calling it clashes. Most you steal people's anywhere you go to? Mr Buhari is really being given voice, strength and support now by Mr Ali Ahmad and group which is very good but not by killing other Nigerians to take their towns. I hope the southern leaders are not just watching because the Fulani's don't mean well for none Fulani's. The southern leaders should not sit and say the VP is there, he is nowhere because he does and agrees to what they ask him to say and do. At least, he has to save his life because, why, as Pa Obasanjo said, Nigeria is not worth dying for. The president love for his regular visit to Arab countries is not healthy for none fulanis.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by ogtavia(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2018
Oblang:

This is an issue that have caused loss of lives and properties so the govt doesn't have a choice than to intervene. Unless u want the conflicts to continue. Those herders will surely be paying taxes to the govt..

If you really read through my post, you will know that I don't have issues with government intervening so long as it is compensating affecting people and rebuilding damaged communities. From what the government is planning, it seems they have absolved miyetti allah and the Fulani herdsmen of every blame and culpability. Why not mandate each cattle herder through miyetti allah to establish ranches and follow through with policies and laws regulating cattle rearing. The best government should offer are grants and probably subsidies.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by mfm04622: 9:47am On Jun 20, 2018
phreakabit:

Simple logic!
Why is it so difficult for them to think of it this way?
I tell you there is a hidden agenda behind this thing.

This is exactly what they are planning.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Altern8(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2018
FG should not impose anything on farmers. These nomads should roam only within their state of origin because their people understand and accept the culture of nomadic cattle rearing.

Also, the herders should bear the cost of ranching. Government has no business building ranches or seizing land for this purpose. After all, Government did not rent shops for other business owners.
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by phreakabit(m): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2018
mfm04622:

This is exactly what they are planning.

That isn't what they are planning read the article again.

1 Like

Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by Belluchii: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2018
It is a good thing that The federal government has presented a plan to permanently solve the farmers-herders conflicts in Nigeria which has claimed the lives of Nigerians. i trust this present administration that they will deliver based on the fact that they have already carried out a successful military operation across the country and for the fact that Buhari is really being given voice, strength and support now by Mr Ali Ahmad and group which is very good.And i also appreciate the fact that the government has intervened and i am sure that the Government will compensate affected people and rebuild damaged communities[color=#006600][/color].
Re: FG Outlines Plans To Permanently Solve Herders-Farmers Crisis.. by DeOTR: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
And what is wrong if I acquire a land with the help of government support?
There's no need for it.
When I needed a large expanse of land for farning, I had to go to my homeland where I can get it at no cost.
Open grazing is no longer a 21st century thing. Herdsmen should embrace ranching by acquiring lands in their host communities or better still, go back to their home state where they can do as they wish.
Any attempt to create a territory for the herdsmen in the guise of ranch, will be met with serious and deadly resistance.
They can take their stocks back north and decide to sell beef to southerners at a price, double the normal in protest, nobody cares.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Six Girls Killed By Explosion In Zamfara, Magamin Diddi Village / Enugu Land Owners React To Victor Nnam's Resignation / Amaechi: Some People Will Blame Buhari If They Can’t Get Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.