Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) (46722 Views)

Accident on 3rd Mainland Bridge, 2 Passengers Plunge Into Lagoon / The Moment A Container Truck Fell And Crushed An SUV (Disturbing Video) / The Danfo Wreckage From The Trailer That Fell From Ojuelegba Bridge (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58am On Jun 20, 2018
seguno2:

Is the government different from the people who allow them to run their affairs

Ok, so I should call out Ojuelegba people for not fixing the cause of the repeated accident on that bridge.

One of the basic reasons that governments exist is for the protection of lives and properties of its citizens. .

1 Like

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by SleekyPosh(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2018
Omihanifa:
may GOD protect our going out and coming in embarassed
Amen
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Appliedmaths(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2018
powerblaze:

Marry him O. He's God sent

No be small, but I'm a He though and not a bad idea on keeping the she closer. Thanks!
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by otokx(m): 7:32am On Jun 20, 2018
greatnaija01:
this is the THIRD TIME.... it happens each year... sOMETHING is wrong.

Trucks should be banned from using overhead land bridges, they should also be inspected regularly to ensure they meet safety standards.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Funjosh(m): 8:10am On Jun 20, 2018
seguno2:

I thought that this is the 21st century. Why are you still stuck in the cave dweller mentality
embarassed tongue tongue tongue
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Betakeshi: 8:20am On Jun 20, 2018
shocked.... You're too smart...It all makes sense !

Aladinn:

Ojuelegba... Ojude Elegbara.

(Translation) The spot of Eshu Elegbara.

What do you expect? Coincidence? Something is definitely wrong.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by seguno2: 8:25am On Jun 20, 2018
Zionista:
Ok, so I should call out Ojuelegba people for not fixing the cause of the repeated accident on that bridge.

One of the basic reasons that governments exist is for the protection of lives and properties of its citizens. .

You missed my point completely.
The government is elected/allowed in by the people through their votes or acquiescence.
The government also stays in place by the grace of the people.
Still do not understand? Read about sovereignty and social contract. If you still have questions, please let me know.
Cheers
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by OboOlora(f): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2018
JAkpayen:

@ cold oranges,
yeah I think CMAC. You know say nothing concern us about school, nah to dey hustle for money we dey about.
Thanks for reducing my illiteracy by 0.5% grin grin grin grin
Na joke baba mi, Ma binu jor.

One love always!!!
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by ACE1010: 8:46am On Jun 20, 2018
greatnaija01:
this is the THIRD TIME.... it happens each year... sOMETHING is wrong.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by eluquenson(m): 9:10am On Jun 20, 2018
Nigeria is a failed nation.

Ojuelegba bridge supposed to be a no go area for trucks, but our irresponsible govt will not enact such law.

2 Likes

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Jethrolite(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2018
rusher14:
Looks like they may have to prevent cargo carrying trailers from using the bridge.

Compel them to use the road beneath the bridge.
simple bar limiting height of vehicle that can pass will stop such news.

1 Like

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Tonimordred(m): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2018
Ojuelegba shitta
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Duru009(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2018
Lord, I thank you for divine security !
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Reference(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2018
Invest in railways.....as a priority. No containers should pass through downtown Lagos. Establish a container clearing yard along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway, link it by rail to Tincan and Apapa ports and run daily trains....
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Follygunners: 10:43am On Jun 20, 2018
ipobarecriminals:
sad He dat keep us will not sleep/slumber.Always put ur Angel to work

9ja pple and spirituality sha... instead of preaching safety and caution. undecided
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by HomeOfMe(f): 10:45am On Jun 20, 2018
AutoJoshNG:
This sad incident has now become a regular occurrence in Lagos. Few hours ago, a container truck fell from the top of Ojuelegba Bridge and landed on a bus and people. 

There are claims that two dead bodies have been retrieved from the accident scene and many more people are still trapped under the container.  

https://autojosh.com/breaking-news-container-falls-from-ojuelegba-bridge-again-photos/

Is this how containers fall off and kill people in the US,UK,or even SA?...Nigeria is a mess.

1 Like

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by McBrooklyn(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2018
Omihanifa:
may GOD protect our going out and coming in embarassed

Amin..!!
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by richie9093(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2018
Aladinn:

Where in my write up did i insinuate 'no solution can be made' Mr. Mind Reader? You're just jumping to conclusions in order to sound pseudo-intelligent. So giving the meaning of the name ojuelegba is now being superstituous? Why not proffer your solutions, Albert Einstein?

The last line in your previous comment already gave out what you were insinuating. It's not rocket science and you don't need a mind reader to figure that out.

You asked for my solution? It's simple.

1) Create a trailer park where trailers will be parked instead of being parked on the road.

2) The government has banned trucks from using that Ojuelegba bridge but they don't listen. That ban should be enforced and anybody who is caught will pay a hefty fine.

3) After enforcing the ban, create a barrier and the entry and exit of the bridge at both point to maybe 4 metres high. Any vehicle that is higher than 4 metres should use the road or take an alternative route.

Those are my solutions in 3 easy steps that can be done in less than a month. Instead of resigning to the fact that the name "Ojuelegba" is haunting the place.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Adesina12: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2018
Zionista:
We have a very senseless government in place. Similar accident occurred a few years ago leaving many dead in its trail.

No remedial,corrective and preventive measures have been taken to prevent a recurrence. No reinforcement,barriers and railings to mitigate the impact should there be a reoccurrence of such.

Safety consciousness is like rocket science to Nigerian leaders and employers.

Such a shame.

You got it wrong, may be you lack the necessary information here.
Government has instructed that no truck should make use of those bridges
That they should take alternate routes to their destinations
When things happen we quickly blame the authorities while we are the devil who default always
Simple instructions we won't follow until someone hurt someone
It is better the govt swift into action and start arresting the bad eggs
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 12:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
I may have to go traditional here, this happens every year, a times twice, thrice a year, yet, those that should do something is looking the other way. Our traditionalist should see to the sanity of Ojuelegba town before it gets out of hand. I unfortunately, i don't know the Oba that over sees Oluelegba for me to personally plead with him. It might need their care. For who long will we continue to have the problems there. Don't misunderstand me, there are on places without tradition so lets take hypocrisy out of this issue.
Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
Adesina12:

You got it wrong, may be you lack the necessary information here.
Government has instructed that no truck should make use of those bridges
That they should take alternate routes to their destinations
When things happen we quickly blame the authorities while we are the devil who default always
Simple instructions we won't follow until someone hurt someone
It is better the govt swift into action and start arresting the bad eggs

You said Government has instructed that no truck should ply those bridges. Even though I doubt the veracity of such information since heavy duty trucks continue to ply those bridges on a daily basis, the duty of enforcing laws and regulations falls within the purview of governmental agencies.

Laws are meant to be enforced and not just 'instructed'.People will always run foul of laws. Can you as a private citizen go to Ojuelegba and enforce the directive?

The buck still stops on the table of the leadership.

1 Like

Re: Container Truck Falls From Ojuelegba Bridge, 2 People Confirmed Dead (Photos) by khalids: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
I think has a temporary measure they should stop truck from following the bridge.....let them go under the bridge instead

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode’s 100 Bus-stop Shelters Are Springing Up In Lagos (see PHOTOS) / Aerial View Of Lagos Metrol Rail And The Marina Train Station / Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.