Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,264 members, 7,954,032 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? (1608 Views)

Slay Queens With Nipple Piercings Goes Braless, Storms Night Club (Photos) / Ladies With Nipple Piercings Goes Braless, Storms Night Club - Fans Reacts. PICS / Lady With Nipple Piercings Goes Braless (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by gideonjeta(m): 1:38am On Jun 20, 2018
Nose piercing is a body piercing practice mostly associated with the Indian culture and fashion since classical times . It is found commonly in India , Pakistan , Bangladesh , Sri Lanka, Nepal , Philippines and throughout South Asia .

With the spread and exposure of Indian fashion and culture, nostril piercing has become more popular in recent times in the wider world including Africa , South America , United States of America , the Caribbeans and Europe .
The tradition of getting parents ’ approval or blessings before getting married makes the parents major decision makers for marriages. A typical Nigerian parent faces the dilemma of accepting a potential in-law with nose piercings , using the popular saying “ Dress how you want to be addressed ” as a reason .

An upset Twitter user came on the platform to share his friend’s experience with his Nigerian girlfriend who , despite all pleadings, refused to take off her nose- ring to meet with his parents for the first time.
This caused an uproar with lots of controversies on Twitter where young Nigerians shared their views on the subject matter . Lots of people shared the opinion that taking a lady home to meet the parents for the first time should be aimed at pleasing the parents and appearing right rather than being oneself .
This was due to the fact that a typical Nigerian parent only judges people based on the first appearance before listening to what a person has to say or before getting to know them . Others were of the opinion that showing your true personality is preferable when meeting the parents as it is only deceptive to try to appear to be someone else .
The question remains: what is your perception about ladies wearing nose rings and would you allow your child to marry someone who wears nose-rings?

https://www.nigerialog.com/random-thoughts/do-nose-piercings-ruin-first-appearances/new/#new
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by uboma(m): 5:46am On Jun 20, 2018
Personally I do not fancy the body piercing in general but I don't criticize those with piercing on their nose or other parts of their body.

Life is all about choices.

1 Like

Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by SoapQueen(f): 6:46am On Jun 20, 2018
Well,

I don't really judge people with nose piercings. Sadly, many people aren't always very comfortable seeing a girl with a pierced nose.

I took off the tiny stud on my nose because damn pain wouldn't go away, not because people didn't like it! It was killing my head with aches, I don't care about people say.

If my man asks me to take it off for a parental visit, I'd do it quickly.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by HeWrites(m): 6:58am On Jun 20, 2018
I love nose piercing but I hate it when I see it on someone that it doesn't fit.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:58am On Jun 20, 2018
Is not even about the piercing par-say, but to me ooh, is about the ugly history behind the piercing. African girls piercing their noses don't know the history behind it, I guess if they do, maybe some of them won't have pierced their noses.

Piercing of noses was one of the torturous mechanism the slaves-masters used in subjugating our ancestors the more.

Asin if you dey prove stubborn-head, oyibo masters go catch you, tie � you down �, and pierce your nose � with a hot rod.

People suffer sha lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by akinyemi0103(m): 7:01am On Jun 20, 2018
the nose ring does nt add beauty 2 dem in d first place rather it mak dem look lyk 1 mallam yisa cow, so wat d point in it, nose ring issa NO NO 2 me,
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by sarahade(f): 7:06am On Jun 20, 2018
Of course I have an opinion about a person's appearance imagine a man dressed in torn dirty shirt with dreads will I smile at him or shake him ni.

So if you have a nose ring I have an opinion already until you prove otherwise.

There's a way we want people to view us and that's how we portray ourselves.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by Brooke60(f): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2018
Don't judge a book by its cover. I wear nose ring because I have always wanted it and I really do like it.

Note, I be original introvert, I work from home and hardly step up.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by cooooooks(m): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2018
This boy doesn't know that Africans have been piercing their own noses since before slavemasters knew what Africa was. smh.

Kastonkastroll:
Is not even about the piercing par-say, but to me ooh, is about the ugly history behind the piercing. African girls piercing their noses don't know the history behind it, I guess if they do, maybe some of them won't have pierced their noses.

Piercing of noses was one of the torturous mechanism the slaves-masters used in subjugating our ancestors the more.

Asin if you dey prove stubborn-head, oyibo masters go catch you, tie � you down �, and pierce your nose � with a hot rod.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by uboma(m): 8:27am On Jun 20, 2018
SoapQueen:
Well,

I don't really judge people with nose piercings. Sadly, many people aren't always very comfortable seeing a girl with a pierced nose.

I took off the tiny stud on my nose because damn pain wouldn't go away, not because people didn't like it! It was killing my head with aches, I don't care about people say.

If my man asks me to take it off for a parental visit, I'd do it quickly.

What if the reason is not about parental visit, will you still remove it if he doesn't like it on you?
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by uboma(m): 8:30am On Jun 20, 2018
Kastonkastroll:

Go back to read the history of nose piercing.

You need to update your knowledge about nose piercing.

1 Like

Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by MrCork: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2018
gideonjeta:
Nose piercing is a body piercing practice mostly associated with the Indian culture and fashion since classical times . It is found commonly in India , Pakistan , Bangladesh , Sri Lanka, Nepal , Philippines and throughout South Asia .

With the spread and exposure of Indian fashion and culture, nostril piercing has become more popular in recent times in the wider world including Africa , South America , United States of America , the Caribbeans and Europe .
The tradition of getting parents ’ approval or blessings before getting married makes the parents major decision makers for marriages. A typical Nigerian parent faces the dilemma of accepting a potential in-law with nose piercings , using the popular saying “ Dress how you want to be addressed ” as a reason .

An upset Twitter user came on the platform to share his friend’s experience with his Nigerian girlfriend who , despite all pleadings, refused to take off her nose- ring to meet with his parents for the first time.
This caused an uproar with lots of controversies on Twitter where young Nigerians shared their views on the subject matter . Lots of people shared the opinion that taking a lady home to meet the parents for the first time should be aimed at pleasing the parents and appearing right rather than being oneself .
This was due to the fact that a typical Nigerian parent only judges people based on the first appearance before listening to what a person has to say or before getting to know them . Others were of the opinion that showing your true personality is preferable when meeting the parents as it is only deceptive to try to appear to be someone else .
The question remains: what is your perception about ladies wearing nose rings and would you allow your child to marry someone who wears nose-rings?

https://www.nigerialog.com/random-thoughts/do-nose-piercings-ruin-first-appearances/new/#new

..errmm bro ..for u homebase people, nose piercings is ilegal & can lead to prison
....but here in London, we callit *swag* (no ofeense )
smiley
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by gonkin(m): 8:49am On Jun 20, 2018
I really don't like nose piercing, cuz of the kinda people i see have it. Its like a girl smoking. Scary. We can't judge a book by its cover but with a hole on your nose, i would definitely judge u as a callgirl

1 Like

Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by Preshy561(f): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2018
yeah,it does.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by SoapQueen(f): 8:54am On Jun 20, 2018
uboma:

What if the reason is not about parental visit, will you still remove it if he doesn't like it on you?

Yes, I will.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by SoapQueen(f): 8:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Brooke60:
Don't judge a book by its cover. I wear nose ring because I have always wanted it and I really do like it.

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by uboma(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2018
SoapQueen:

Yes, I will.

You are a good gal.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2018
Brooke60:

...I wear a nose ring...

1 Like

Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by geezyk(m): 11:50am On Jun 20, 2018
Depends on the physiognomy of the wearer, most ladies with nose rings looks more like those stubborn cows with rings attached to their nose.

Personally I love nose rings on pretty ladies, I have a friend who has a nose piercing, which really looks good on her.
Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by GrammarNazi1(m): 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
geezyk:
Depends on the physiognomy of the wearer, most ladies with nose rings looks more like those stubborn cows with rings attached to their nose.

Personally I love nose rings on pretty ladies, I have a friend who has a nose. piercing, which really looks good on her.
...most ladies...look...
...their noses.

2 Likes

Re: Do Nose Piercings Ruin First Appearances? by TaLLeRBaLLeR(m): 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
NOSE PIERCING ON A LADY SEEMS SEXY TO ME, EVEN PIERCED BELLY BUTTON.......JUST SAYING.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Ladies: Share Your #nobraday Pictures / Us-based Nigerian Swimsuit Model, Michelle Okoro Goes Unclad In New Photos 18 + / If She Does This Things, Then Marry Her Coz She Will Make A Good Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.