Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month (22055 Views)

2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? / High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Taiwo20(m): 11:39am On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:
I base in Abuja with my own family, and I just got these two offers, both are IT Jobs,

The Permanent Job is within Abuja while the contract job is a the North-West state.

Dear Nairalanders, which would go for?......please I need your advice. angry

I thought the North-west includes: Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa and Taraba

Are those places not volatile?
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Charly68: 11:45am On Jun 21, 2018
This is comparing arable crops to cash crop. ..arable crops has limited span of life ,it yield speedily but never last..cash crop serves you for your life time..don't be a fool for me..take wise decision today
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by zone51: 11:57am On Jun 21, 2018
linkin8k:

RED FLAG: State government job!!

If there present administration fails to win the upcoming election in a little over a year from now, you would not get paid fully.

Also, being a government contract, you would most likely have to "sort" some officials along the way to fast track payment.

Asides from the above, if you are willing to take the risk, then go for it. Else stick to the private company job.

Thanks for noticing the grammar. But It's real. I am resuming the private job next month, while the contract job will kick off soon because of 2018 Budget that was just signed. And what you mentioned about election is the samething I am have being considering since.

xjiggy:
nothing in life is permanent. Take the contract job and after expiration, start seeking for a new one. It will take u 4yrs in the so called permanent job to earn what they
are offering you.

Thank you

Lothbrok:

7.2m contract Job
Not 7.2m profit after the project or contract job.

if its a contract job, your profit margin should be between 25% -30%

That's about 1.8m to 2.16m at the end of 15months project period.

Now using the top margin of 2.16m/15months=N144,000 per month for 15minths only

With this, I deduce that you focus on the N150,000 salary earning. And work hard for promotion. . or a better Contract offer.

Thanks

The contract in question is awarded for over a billion naira contract and I am among IT professionals to execute it, so pay for each person is estimated at that range. BUT I am being concerned with 2019 election because I don't wanna start this private coy job and just resign like that

lonelydora:

If i were you, i will go for the contract.

150000 × 15months = 2,250,000 which is not half of the contract sum.

Do you have other allowances like free medicals, children education, housing, etc?

Do the contract and be your own boss.
lonelydora:

Which lane do you want to maintain? Working for someone or working for yourself?

Rome was not built in a day, I want to work for someone now and build more experience to be my own boss later...

saintkeppy:

I'll advice you go for that Contract job of #7.2millla in a year &3months is enough to setup biz, pay bills etc.
Contract based on Agreement with strong Legal backing incase of any breach.

You can always secure yet another juicy IT jobs with another company with a better pay of more than #150K.
1 thing for sure, IT professionals don't lack jobs like that as there many roles to play, they're always sought after in most companies to manage their IT Infrastructure.
dnawah:
after 15 month #150k job will still welcome u,there will be vacancy there.na God.
Hmmmmm, this is really impressive, thank you.

felifeli:

Do the maths, stupid shocked

Really?, shocked shocked...Thanks for the update

justflow1:

7.2 million divided by the 15months is a 480k pay per month
Whilts the other offer tend to pay you 150k as long as you wish to stay

From my computation, you will equalise 7.2m after ur 48th month on the job (i. e 4years) if you accept the 2nd offer

It depends on your long run goal, if you wish to stand on your own, well 7.2million is a fine start, but remember you will subtracts all forms of bills from. It, so at the end of the 15th month, you may just b left with 6million, (that is if you are not the Spend-Thrift type) you can use 6million to start a cool stuff, remember the job is a contract job. fear of the unknown may be posing a picture here.

If your long run goal is otherwise, i suggest you go for the 150k per month job, you will only equate the total income of the former job after 4years, but the amazing tin is that you can rely on it and do it till you feel you cant help than to leave. And it is pertinent i say that no good job will retain its initial payment for more than a year, there must be an annual increment. If there is an increment, it will definitely reduce the number of years you will work to total the sum of 7.2m

The ball is in ur court Op

I rest my bow!

ariesbull:

Then take the contract job and gain experience and money. .you are a man with a family you aren't working for working sake like all these school leavers...you Jane bills to pay! The contract job is cool and you can raise money to start your business

Working for somebody isn't all that cool especially in a country like Nigeria... You can be fired anytime
Thank you for your advice, another fear is how soon will the pay be released. You know government of a thing

babtunns:

So did kind offer still they this country? God answer my own call too.

My brother, that is what Abuja is all about ooo, If you walk with HIS grace, you might be lucky to meet a destiny helper.

mercyway:

nothing like permanent job, they can sack you at anytime. Take 7.2m contract job and plan before the expiration of 15months.

My 1kobo

Yes they can sack IF you misbehave BUT ever since I have been working in this Abuja, I have tried to avoid anything fraud in my work place even when I have the opportunity to do it, So I don't fear sack because I am very confident of my performance and didn't joke with my prayers to God Almighty for his wisdom and guidance. All the same, thank you cool

oyb:

How much of that 7.5m will you be remitting to others ? How shady is the job?
A lot of lucrative govt jobs of today are efcc cases of tomorrow.

Understand that a contract can be revoked at anytime by either party

The most important thing is not the salary, but a clear understanding of the job environment and conditions.

I am kind of wary of govt jobs/contracts. People can make mad money, but there is also mad corruption

No be them award the contract give, I am just among the professionals needed and I know our team will deliver, so I have nothing to worry about EFCC. But thank you for the legal advice.

Thank you everyone for your contribution, with the look of things 2019 is VERY close and most governor seeking rerun would be busy with their coordination now. I will take the private job and hope the governor win the 2nd term election, so he can continue with his plan for his state.

Mind you, this project will ease administration in the state. Once again, I appreciate all feedback received, and to all those who mailed me, If there is any opening, I will TRY to contact you. cool

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Opeyemibid: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2018
Make the calculations between the 15months and 150k permanent job.... forecast and you get the answer from your calculation
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by zone51: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2018
Taiwo20:

I thought the North-west includes: Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, Adamawa and Taraba

Are those places not volatile?

Those are North-East states. and Moreso, There are high paying jobs in that region self...mostly NGO jobs, and this life is a risk, So, one just have to take it if one can...Moreso, I schooled in that area, and already familiar with the situation on the North entirely, So, I shall Not Fear smiley smiley
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Taiwo20(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:

Those are North-East states. and Moreso, There are high paying jobs in that region self...mostly NGO jobs, and this life is a risk, So, one just have to take it if one can...Moreso, I schooled in that area, and already familiar with the situation on the North entirely, So, I shall Not Fear smiley smiley

ok.... i served in Borno....Biu precisely lovely town....applied for a job there.....but in lagos now....If peace were to return to that state.,..i wouldnt mind staying
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by akdjr(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Accept the 150k job since its permanent and give me the 7.5m contract job. God bless you.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by sammylink: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2018
Take the job of N7.2M for 15 months. During the 15 months, put yourself on a salary of N150K per month. At the end of the 15 months, you have 5 million naira to play with. If you work for 150k per month for 10 years, you can never save N5million.

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Enice(m): 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:
I base in Abuja with my own family, and I just got these two offers, both are IT Jobs,

The Permanent Job is within Abuja while the contract job is a the North-West state.

Dear Nairalanders, which would go for?......please I need your advice. angry
Don't be a yes sir, boy boy for life o. Go for the contract job, save money and start something. You can even go abroad to further you education.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Blonchilli(m): 1:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
Dicki:
I doubt the genuineness of your assertion because the option for contract engagement looks more promising and it's something you needn't think twice before grabbing the opportunity with both hands.
What about scenarios that the state fails to pay. I've seen several cases like that. If it's federal or with one of these multinational corporations then there's no cause for alarm
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:02pm On Jun 21, 2018
is the 7.5miion naira your gain? if yes, Run it
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by OLUWOLEYINKA(m): 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2018
Please go for the contract job. Last year I got a job offer with a multi national company (contract) and permanent with an indigenous company. I went for the latter. It's four months now no salary, no HMO, they are not remitting pensions. Weigh your options
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by DeUltimate7(m): 3:20pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ukeachu1:

Ask yourself if you are a career person or a man tending towards entrepreneurship and business. When you have this answer then you have the answer. Good luck sir.
, What an idealistic,fatualistic and a diligent response. Thumb up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N-power: How To Successfully Install The Biometric Application On Your Computer / Is It Good For A Lady To Wear Trouser To An Interview? / LNG Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.