Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month (22049 Views)

2 Years Contract Job Or Permanent Staff. / N150k Job In Lagos Vs N120k Job In Ibadan Which Is Better? / High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by mrphysics(m): 8:11am On Jun 21, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bros remove that GF matter.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[b]Lol, those little expenses on the long run becomes big. You will like to hang out with guys, gf, and bro money will be reducing. Life is not all about work nah
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by lonelydora: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:
I base in Abuja with my own family, and I just got these two offers, both are IT Jobs,

The Permanent Job is within Abuja while the contract job is a the North-West state.

Dear Nairalanders, which would go for?......please I need your advice. angry

Which lane do you want to maintain? Working for someone or working for yourself?
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by CyberWolf: 8:11am On Jun 21, 2018
Hmm contract job for State government? Government de owe oo lipsrsealed
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by stpat1(m): 8:12am On Jun 21, 2018
Why are you still asking questions?
Go for the 7.2 m contract job.

You will surely survive after it.

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by lonelydora: 8:15am On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:

The 7.5m contract job is a state government job, while the 150k job is a private company job
If i were you, i will go for the contract.

150000 × 15months = 2,250,000 which is not half of the contract sum.

Do you have other allowances like free medicals, children education, housing, etc?

Do the contract and be your own boss.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Lothbrok(m): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:
I base in Abuja with my own family, and I just got these two offers, both are IT Jobs,

The Permanent Job is within Abuja while the contract job is a the North-West state.

7.2m contract Job
Not 7.2m profit after the project or contract job.

if its a contract job, your profit margin should be between 25% -30%

That's about 1.8m to 2.16m at the end of 15months project period.

Now using the top margin of 2.16m/15months=N144,000 per month for 15minths only

With this, I deduce that you focus on the N150,000 salary earning. And work hard for promotion. . or a better Contract offer.

Thanks
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by kasali007(m): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Well, am actually at the same point as you are in life now, got an international NGO job for 6mnths ,400k monthly and a govt job 143k monthly...I have a private business am grooming gradually...My private business will eventually be my gain on the long run so I can't leave that...all left now is btw Ngo and govt?
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by justflow1(m): 8:17am On Jun 21, 2018
Lothbrok:

7.2m contract Job

With this, I deduce that you focus on the N150,000 salary earning. And work hard for promotion. . or a better Contract offer.

Thanks

Understanding his statement is even difficult, because of ambiguity .
A 7.2m contract job may mean a contracted job which he was offered 7.2million naira renumeration after 15months

It may as well mean engaging in a 7.2million contract job

I was able to draw this meanings from the statement, so i think its left to OP To signify the right meaning to his statement.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by alex81(m): 8:18am On Jun 21, 2018
Lothbrok:

7.2m contract Job

Thanks

finally, a sensible comment.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by kokorunna(m): 8:39am On Jun 21, 2018
Am an IT Person and will take the gamble on the 7.2m contract Job.

With the N150K monthly they can fire you anything with notice
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Soulsymbol99: 8:41am On Jun 21, 2018
Private company, hmmm No job security
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by babaztee: 8:46am On Jun 21, 2018
Most of you that have been saying "go for the 7.2 Milla", but have not considered one more thing; The MIND. This can only benefit you if your is disciplined enough to handle and save from such expected earnings. Is your mind prepared to deploy the earnings in a way that will liberate you from your present condition? There is a MIND factor here. One of the reasons people lost their first fortune is because they were not prepared for it. It takes discipline, self-denial and financial knowledge to handle and perpetuate money/wealth. Go for the 7.2 Milla and,
Be disciplined, remember, it is a contract job.
Try as much as possible to maintain your standard.
Don't copy other people's lifestyle
Be yourself.
Acquire Business, financial and investment knowledge.
Don't be afraid
Above all, Trust God COMPLETELY, SERVE HIM ALONE and commit ALL to HIM.

I can assure you that, you will have nothing to regret.

Cheers.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Dammylois(f): 8:49am On Jun 21, 2018
so this kain 7.2m no dey available for Nurses....be like say I go soon change career o.....if I were you sha which is not so,I will go for the contract job cos I have nothing holding me back,no family.....
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by abdeiz(m): 8:51am On Jun 21, 2018
This is an opportunity most of us new into the IT industry pray to get and we aim towards that daily, obviously you have the skill set to get such a job, go for the contract and another job will await you IJN. Have no fear cos skills is what matters.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by seedorfabbey: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2018
Is a lie you know see any job. If truely you see such jobs you would not even let anybody know. I know very well

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by xjiggy: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:

nothing in life is permanent. Take the contract job and after expiration, start seeking for a new one. It will take u 4yrs in the so called permanent job to earn what they
are offering you.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by jmanity: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2018
State govt that can owe contractors like wetin...how are you sure that the 7.2mil will be paid (unless you are being paid upfront).
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2018
Money wey he never collect.u don dey plan am for am,bros na so u be?
Fxmanager:
There are people looking looking for such a big pay like #7.2million so as to use in starting their dream business and also investing, rather than spending years in working to raise such amount. Our advice for you is to go for the contract job, use the money in starting a business inline with your field of interest, and also investing, so to have an additional passive income.

We offer a currency portfolio management service where you create your personal international currency portfolio and we managed it for you with a target of an average 10%+ monthly return to you after deduction of performance fees. If you should use one month income of #7.2million and create your currency portfolio to be managed by our currency trading team , you could be earning an average monthly interest of #720,000+, and if you decide to apply compound interest in your currency portfolio for 48 months, you will earn up with #700,000,000 in your portfolio.

Your currency portfolio will be set up under a Government's licensed, regulated, monitored and audited financial brokerage firm. Visit our website for more details by visiting our profile signature. Use the number in the profile signature to contact us on whatsapp. You can also follow our our real account currency portfolio management and trading journal by visiting the link to the journal in our profile signature

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by obicaddy(m): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2018
But Bros connect me na!
I need a job badly.

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by abuhari: 9:18am On Jun 21, 2018
Pls go for 7.2m
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by ffredoo: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2018
Alejoc:
Remember your family and go after the quick money..... You can even move out of the country once you are done with the job.... With 150k you cant even your Nigeria on holiday grin grin
hello
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by remzytimer: 9:24am On Jun 21, 2018
Do you know you can take up the two if you know how to play your game, I mean if the second one is government job all you need to have your way is generosity, you can always get someone to cover up for you. And if it is private all you need you need to do is to talk to your boss about it but don't mention the real amount to him bcoz people can be jealous at time.

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by ffredoo: 9:37am On Jun 21, 2018
[/color][color=#000099] There are many things to be considered before decision is taken.
1. What is the method of payment of the contract job? The payment might end up spanning up to four(4)years.
2.Remember that before or when each payment is done, there should be some kick-back thus, at the end of the payment, you will not be going home with the 7.2m.
3.its the state government going to accommodate you during the contract period or are you gonna rent a house or be sleeping in hotels. This should be incorporated into ur expenses.
4.is it a contract u can handle alone or are you gonna involve both skilled and unskilled workers.

On the side of the permanent work or rather regular work coz no work/job is permanent. Is the 150k net or gross pay? Are there any other allowances that cld be paid by the company? Are there any benefits/incentives attached to the job like medicals?

Your proper analysis of these points will definitely guide you in making decision.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by kenlinzo(m): 9:51am On Jun 21, 2018
WiseYoungMan:
This shouldn't even be a debate, 7.5m in 15 months, that will take you about 50 months (4yrs) to make in the private company, Thats even if you last that long there.

Do yourself a favor and go for the contract Job.

I support this advice. In 15months u get what u will labour 4yrs plus to get. And u are not sure of the security of the job for these 4yrs.
Peradventure u handle this contract of 7+ million very well, it might open the doors for other bigger contracts even before this one expires. And also, u can also provide jobs for 2 or more persons. oh less I forget, contracts are always open to variations. So, 15months contracts can extend to 2-3yrs plus depending on ur teams and terms of contracts.
In conclusion, go for the contract.

2 Likes

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by linkin8k(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2018
zone51:

The 7.5m contract job is a state government job, while the 150k job is a private company job

RED FLAG: State government job!!

If there present administration fails to win the upcoming election in a little over a year from now, you would not get paid fully.

Also, being a government contract, you would most likely have to "sort" some officials along the way to fast track payment.

Asides from the above, if you are willing to take the risk, then go for it. Else stick to the private company job.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Fxmanager(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2018
Simplep:
Money wey he never collect.u don dey plan am for am,bros na so u be?
Some people need financial planners around them. Our friend was spending his money daily like tomorrow will not come, the moment we discuss the power of compound interest to him, he choose to compound 95% of his income back into his business and investment, and became the most frugal friend we had. Today he his counting in millions. The frugality was too much, we had to find our level.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by dannlukas(m): 10:21am On Jun 21, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
hmm state govt election at the coner hope the govt will win second term...if na private multinational then it ok cos in 2 year u don earn 3.6 m garuatee

Mind u, the private coy doesn't belong to his father. He myt even lose d job in less than 6mnts. I'll grab d contract job without contemplating
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by 400billionman: 10:22am On Jun 21, 2018
WiseYoungMan:
This shouldn't even be a debate, 7.5m in 15 months, that will take you about 50 months (4yrs) to make in the private company, Thats even if you last that long there.

Do yourself a favor and go for the contract Job.
I don't think he has a calculator

1 Like

Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Funkybabee(f): 10:49am On Jun 21, 2018
For me I will accept the 7.5m job if the conditions is okay and certain,since it isn't too great to remain in an organization for so long if u want to be in a higher place or acquire differents experienced..if u need to know check the individuals who are GM or leader of an organization you will perceive how their cv go be as a result of those differents places they have worked before.

Nigerians issue is sitting like pig after they have see any well paying activity for them without intuition on moving higher which gives them issue oneday when new managemet set to replace them with new staff in light of his/her own reasoning terrorizing

Bro hustle well when you are youth and retire with beautiful vacation jare May God help me to do so
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by bomsilaga(m): 11:13am On Jun 21, 2018
Just stay with the Salary Job oh.
i have left salary job since and i must tell u sometimes it doesnt go well.
i get contracts with huge amounts of money only to get it over a spread of 2yrs or more.
However, if the contract job will allow you to do other side hustles then GO for it otherwise dont.
Re: N7.2million Contract Job For 15 Months OR Permanent Job Of N150k Per Month by Alexylas: 11:37am On Jun 21, 2018
Not all open doors are from God. Please pray and seek divine guidance before you choose. Don’t be too blinded by the money involved in the contract job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LNG Recruiting / Cadet Pilot At Atlantic Aviation / I Just Got A Job Of 50k After I Lost My Last Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.